[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

View post   

File: 321 KB, 1229x922, ririgirl.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3645327 No.3645327 [Reply] [Original]

I dont find digital challenging honestly.

>> No.3645329

>>3645327
>Digital is Easier than Traditional
duh.

are digimon fags actually arguing otherwise?

>> No.3645330

cool story bra

>> No.3645331

ok

>> No.3645334

>>3645329
idk but this is my second digi and i am killing

>> No.3645335

>>3645330
facts i am speaking

>> No.3645343

>>3645327
thats why you suck. get out of your comfort zone.

>> No.3645347

Maybe challenge yourself and attempt something other than a portrait? It's easier working digitally, after all

>> No.3645348

>>3645327
That's funny. I don't find your artwork challenging either.

>> No.3645352

nothing is challenging if you have a joy for it.

>> No.3645353

>>3645347
i paint what I like. but ive done more than portraits traditionally. you just dont know my work

>> No.3645354

>>3645348
to each his own

>> No.3645373
File: 933 KB, 1229x922, allofthis.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>This advice goes for me as well so, perhaps watch some noir films and yes my diva you are talented far beneath them but those dusk dawn eyes long for a beauty real, tone it down a notch...watch some noir films....do....some....studies.......

>> No.3645377

>>3645327
>I dont find digital challenging honestly.

Unawareness of your own shortcomings is kind of your whole problem, actually.

>> No.3645380

>>3645373

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Film_noir
>features a full length noir movie on the page? wouldn't that be special?

>> No.3645390

>>3645327
The triple sevens are so deep.
They really make me ponder this piece.
What did you mean by this?

>> No.3645391

>>3645327
Prove it, logically. Need evidence as well. For example, I could make a dot in digital and on paper and both would be at the same level of "easy" given I have Photoshop open and a book in front of me. But when it comes to actually good skill and how easy or hard it is to apply, let's consider photo-realistic blending, which gives you the ability to blend however you want. Let's also consider good lines and the effort you need to put into them to make them look good, clean and crisp. Each are different tools with radically different techniques of practical application- try drawing everything with a hard round brush, way slower and tedious than a traditional paintbrush. Now, try patterns in digital, way faster and efficient than traditional. Try linework in digital, unforgiving as hell, and needs hand-eye co-ordination. The point is, again, these are different things and have different learning curves in different applications. Hence these can't be fully easier or harder than the another.

>> No.3645395

>>3645391
generally speaking. you can churn out a cleaner more efficient product

>> No.3645399
File: 1.61 MB, 3049x2383, 54. Stop!.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3645391
sounds like a lot of desperate justification from a digimon fag.

Digital is always easier. You can undo, there's no such thing as a dirty brush, you select colors by sliding or clicking on a spectrum. There's no relative canvas quality. You can zoom in. idk it's endless.

Digital is easier by literally every standard. Yeah they are "different things and have different learning curves in different applications," but digital is still easier.

>> No.3645412

>>3645327
those colors do not look very good together

>> No.3645418

many traditional painting techniques translate to digital. digital is just faster. I wouldn't say easier. also
>>3645327
the more you learn the harsher you judge yourself.

>> No.3645419

>>3645399
>sounds like a lot of desperate justification from a digimon fag.
I'm mostly traditional.
>You can undo
You have to have everything to be crisp and pixel perfect in digital while needing good hand-eye co-ordination, even a small mistake stands out because you're drawing on pixels that can be scaled/zoomed in.
>there's no such thing as a dirty brush
okay
>you select colors by sliding or clicking on a spectrum
You can get colors in pigments in traditional, too. Either way, if you're strictly traditional you should know which colors mix into what.
>You can zoom in
This makes it harder and require more work, refer to my undo point.
Again, as I said, both have ups and down over each other.

>> No.3645422

>>3645399
those sound arbitrary unless you think the quality of an artist lies in his ability to select brushes, paints, and canvas. and yes painters can zoom. it's called a magnifying glass.

>> No.3646078

>>3645399
>>3645327
when titans collide

>> No.3646082

Its interesting how only the tradfags who're absolutely fucking trash shit on digital, the good ones are all chill.
Its almost as it they're trying to blame their own shortcomings on their choice of medium.
Picking up a tablet doesn't make you a better artist you retards.

>> No.3646097
File: 1.21 MB, 2437x3092, 7. Squints Suspiciously.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3645422
>those sound arbitrary unless you think the quality of an artist lies in his ability to select brushes, paints, and canvas
I mean yeah that kind of does determine the "quality of an artist" in traditional mediums. All of the bullshit prep work and stuff that you have to do before and after painting are just taken for granted when you're going full blown digimon. Like a lot of what makes a painter "good" is their ability to mix colors well, and their ability to know when to use additivatives and how to fuck with opacity and water and it's all this wabi sabi chaos, which digital totally just avoids.

Then there's HOW you use a brush, how much pressure, how wet it is, the type of strokes and stuff, all kinds of things that don't really translate when you're working on a tablet.

It's like the same conversation when talking about shooting on film versus digital. There's just a whole lot of extra bullshit that goes into the process when you're using film, while digital basically literally renders that shit automatically.
>and yes painters can zoom. it's called a magnifying glass.
Sure but with digital you can zoom in on work on it zoomed in. Can literally go pixel by pixel super easily, while trying to do that on canvas is just tedious and inexact. And again, ctrl+Z makes everything different in pretty fundamental ways.
>>3645419
>even a small mistake stands out because you're drawing on pixels that can be scaled/zoomed in.
That applies to traditional more. Difference is you can't just select an eraser and tighten up a painting by pixel you know?
>Either way, if you're strictly traditional you should know which colors mix into what.
Yeah but again it's something that doesn't even matter when you're learning on digital. I think when people jump from digital to paint there's a much bigger learning curve than vice versa.
I agree that they both have "ups and downs" but practically speaking digital has way more ups than trad, much easier to master 2 me

>> No.3646116

>>3646097
Trad cucks seem to be eternally mad that their mediums are dieing.. Okay, I get it, because 2d digital is next on the chopping block, if you're not doing 3d you're basically unemployeable now.. time to bite down hard on the muzzle.

>> No.3646214
File: 1.31 MB, 4014x2052, 197. spaceships and shit.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3646116
>Trad cucks seem to be eternally mad that their mediums are dieing..
I kind of see it as entering a new era where it'll be still be preferred and more highly valued for probably the rest of our lifetimes. Half of art "appreciation" is just circlejerking about the process. Digital is fantastic for industrial applications but there'll still always be a market for tradfag shit.

Like Van Gogh was painting his memes at the same time that the art world was freaking out about cameras. Everyone thought that cameras and industrialization was going to fundamentally kill the "fine arts." And while it did lead to abstract and non-objective and all kinds of other desperate shit, traditional art still always had a market. As technology improves people start being more drawn to the "primitive" forms that focus on emotions and ideas over execution. There will always be applications for 2d digital too, it'll just end up being mostly industrial with a side schism of feels shit.
>time to bite down hard on the muzzle.
Oh yeah I was doing digital shit for most of my 20s. I got into acrylic meme painting mostly because it was novel and different. Like it's a passive acknowledgment that the internet/digital revolution is changing everything, and an active subversion of it. I'm translating internet memes to a traditional medium "for historical preservation" under the assumption that we're essentially entering another dark age of media. Once all this technology is outdated most of this shit will be lost like tears in rain. All that digital shit will be saved on hard drives and in various clouds that will eventually no longer be backwards compatible, and after a few generations are gone nobody will even think to bother looking up that shit.

Physical media will likely prevail on a long enough timeframe, because it'll be the primary evidence that we even have of this era.

>> No.3646218

trad is not a dying genre. digital will never be good enough to hang in the MOMA or MET

>> No.3646253

>>3646214
Jesus Christ you sound like every go nowhere, drug addled moron I’ve ever met in life. You’ve literally constructed a whole philosophical worldview based on some truly bad paintings and truly retarded philosophy to justify said paintings. You’re not special. I thought acid was supposed to teach you shit like that.

>> No.3646273
File: 1.66 MB, 2102x3961, 73. Goose Enjoying the Show.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3646253
>Jesus Christ you sound like every go nowhere, drug addled moron I’ve ever met in life.
The fuck is up with all the impotent ad hominem shit? I don't care what you think I "sound like" tbphwyf. I sound like the voice in your head because you're fucking reading ya goob.
>You’ve literally constructed a whole philosophical worldview based on some truly bad paintings and truly retarded philosophy to justify said paintings.
Yeah when you spend 6-15 hours a day working on a project you tend to put a bunch of thought into it.
>You’re not special.
And you are a beautiful and unique snowflake I'm sure. I don't recall saying anything about being "special" but it says a lot about you that you take someone explaining why they do things and spin it into you getting defensive and insulting me for entirely unrelated things. What a cunt. How shitty are your parents?
>I thought acid was supposed to teach you shit like that.
I mean one thing that acid is real good for is helping people understand that talking to strawmen ideas of what a person says is a disingenuous, passive form of lying. It's no good for your sense of self. Me having my own thing going on isn't intended to offend you, and yet you let yourself get offended and you lash out at me for some reason.

I'm sorry you're upset friend. I promise you'd feel less upset by me doing my thing if you had your own thing that you were doing.

>> No.3647347

why do you paint such bad, unfinished, cringy shit baka? At least do justice to the medium.

>> No.3647350

>>3645399
Its both easier and superior

>> No.3647359

>>3646097
post your digital work

>> No.3647503

>>3647350
>superior
Lol.
Maybe for creating moving pictures, but still pictures, nah.
Trad painting will always be superior due to the human dynamic that takes place when viewing a painting.
You slow down, you take your time and connect with the artist.
You take time to think about life.
You take time to rest and forget about all the things that would hurry you and crowd out your humanity and threaten your purpose of just enjoying existing on this planet to enjoy being a free human.
Digital...OMG MY BATTERY’S LOW AND MY CHARGER IS PLUGGED WITH CHEETO DUST!

>> No.3647515

>>3647503
>being this dumb
so view digital art the same way, what you're saying has nothing to do with digital art as a medium and everything to do with the person viewing it. how much of an absolute imbecile can you actually be?

>> No.3647525

>>3645327
Make more chaunce

This really isn't bad.

>> No.3647609

digital is for weeb stuff

physical is for all else

>> No.3647626
File: 19 KB, 481x310, TAICHO.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3645399
>>3645395
Yeah I'll have to agree with these. I'm not a pro, but even if I can draw more elaborate, complex pieces with a pen and paper, to create a good PRODUCT I just go to MS Paint because it gives me the ability of a clean professional drawing.

Undoing and coloring and having everything in absolute check, it blows my messy IRL drawings out of the water. I can do much better things on paper, hyper detailed armor with hatching and shit or Loomis heads, but at the end of the day it looks like a mere sketch and people just prefer whatever thing I digitally did.