[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

View post   

File: 11 KB, 500x373, 6h1bfb.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3638818 No.3638818 [Reply] [Original]

How about a thread where knowledgeable anons share the benefits of their experience by broadly explaining useful techniques?
Disclaimer: I'm not knowledgeable, just grabbing this explanation from lolWikipedia:

>[The Rule of Thirds] proposes that an image should be imagined as divided into nine equal parts by two equally spaced horizontal lines and two equally spaced vertical lines, and that important compositional elements should be placed along these lines or their intersections

>> No.3638854
File: 48 KB, 600x600, 1526746294888.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3638818
no one here knows anything. that's why they all measure and do fail copying. they can't do anime. they can't even do cartoons that aren't an offense to life.

>> No.3639055
File: 51 KB, 810x1010, michael_myers_maske-halloween2_maske-horror_masken-10205.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

dumping. only gonna say what i feel is most important of what i've learned. feel free to grab anything.

>stop caring about your pieces. the less you care the better your work. just relax.

>if you cant draw something, its because you don't know what it looks like. so find the information.
cant draw a hand? do studies. learn the hand.
if you think you can see it in your mind's eye but you CAN'T draw it, then you don't really know what it looks like.

>no drawing or painting cannot be fixed. stop restarting and just finish the fucking thing.

>the guide in the sticky IS a valuable tool.
people who claimed the sticky failed them didn't use it properly. now, there's no real "wrong" way to go about doing the sticky, but there's methods that are more or less efficient than others. generally you can get by pretty well by doing this for each of the books.

1. read all the relevant info. don't understand something? learn more about it on google. think something's not relevant? think it over good and if you truly feel its not relevant or important, skip it.

2. draw every picture in the book until you feel you truly understand what the artist was trying to convey to you with that picture. you don't have to make exact replicas. but you have to copy the intent behind the picture.

3. feel free to take liberties to make the work more fun, provided it doesn't impede the learning.

i have more, but that's all of the most important stuff. godspeed anons.

>> No.3639096
File: 54 KB, 612x429, realruleofthirds.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3638818
That's the dumbed down version of the rule of thirds grid, here's the real grid. The 4 points of interest rule of thirds grid is a big fat meme, you need angles to make an interesting composition.

>> No.3639578

>>3639055
Solid advice.

>>3639096
Neat, saved.