[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

View post   

File: 2.15 MB, 3503x2753, 165. Drinking bitter better drunk.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3591423 No.3591423[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

[1] Alright this is a real thread this time. Sorry for derailing my own thread in the OP last time by taking acid and blogspamming a bunch of shit about dead dogs and mouth spiders.

I will NOT be spamming my shitty art and derailing things with weirdo arguing or whatever else. Actually interested in soliciting conversation about what (you) doingusses think about sobriety, substance abuse, and creative production.

What do you do art on? Would you recommend it? Do you regret any of the dependencies you've developed? Were the things you regretted not trying earlier. General thoughts etc.

For artfags that got sober: any tips on how to stay focused and creative and "right brained" without the need to fuck up your brain guts with substances?

For artfags that are teetotal (aint do no shit thats fun): How? Why? Is it a choice based on preserving your brain/body/mind or is it just that you don't have access to weird shit? Are you just like a double-focused sex prevert instead? Do you plan on eventually making mistakes just for the experience or is your endgame just cling to childhood innocence and ignorance forever?

>> No.3591424
File: 2.01 MB, 3333x2804, 62. Drunk Draper.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

[2]

My perspective: I'm an alcoholic I'd reckon. I'm not drinking for September as a challenge (so far I made it 4 days before taking a weird amount of acid and getting derailed by dogmemes).

Basically everything I've done has been lubed up with booze and/or pot. Adderall and modalert and caffeine and psychadelics have been in the mix too but they weren't constants. I'm finding a lot of anxiety about getting to the " turn the skis downhill" point of getting started on a thing without booze, and I'm interested in other anons views on this stuff.

Like I would say other than that it makes everything funner and easier I can see how alcohol is a mistake. And pot just makes it more comfortable But if you're into the visual arts I would STRONGLY suggest trying LSD at least once. It's not like it's something that's "addictive" it's a fucking nightmare half the time, but it kind of fundamentally changes the means by which your brain interprets space, which is a super fucking valuable thing to understand.

>> No.3591425

Being on anything limits potential, for me at least.

I'm clean from everything for over 5 years and I've progressed faster than ever, and get my ideas down much easier, creativity comes to me faster, etc.

>> No.3591426

Technically, every single thing I do is under the influence of clonazepam, but it isn't substance abuse when it's one of your prescribed epilepsy meds.

I'm less of a perfectionist and more inclined to just shrug and decide something's good enough.

No difference otherwise.

Don't do benzos. They're addictive and hell to come off.

>> No.3591429
File: 2.93 MB, 3024x4032, 254. blue hamm.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

alright I reposted the 2 comments I saw from the last thread that were done in good faith and buried by a belligerent out of his mind narcissist.

Last of my paintposting bullshit in thread. Although posting work is encouraged.

>inb4 thread 404s with 4 Replies.

>> No.3591430

>>3591426
fun tho