[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

View post   

File: 34 KB, 655x527, 02f.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3529572 No.3529572 [Reply] [Original]

I love animation and have been drawing all my life. My dream is to become a storyboard artist. How do I make it? Should I get into a specific school to build a curriculum or go ahead and focus on making a portfolio already? Also, what are some essential books about it?

>> No.3529573

what does your work look like

>> No.3529579

>>3529573
I mostly draw cartoons and caricatures, which I find fun, but I can draw in anatomical proportions as well, and have been studying shades and colours

>> No.3529710

Give the kids education before creativity gets the....

>> No.3531202

>>3529572
-get good at drawing... Start life drawing now. Get good at perspective drawing.

>> No.3531205

post your work

>> No.3531215

>>3529572
Storyboarding isn't really something that's taught. It's a conceptual job, so just studying concept alone will be beneficial. Most storyboarding isn't really much more than quick sketches, that aren't accurate or detailed, or even look like the characters, they're simply a visual way to block out scenes with the director and cameraman, to build the narrative and look of the film. Most storyboard people I've run into landed in the job with general art degrees/experience, usually through indy films or college films, and found they were really good at it. And, it's who you know, as many times, jobs for storyboarding are hired from within production companies, or freelancers who've been doing it and have solid references.