[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

View post   

File: 221 KB, 718x707, c.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3487311 No.3487311 [Reply] [Original]

When did you start coming to /ic/ just for the keks and realise most anons who give serious critics are just parroting something they heard without having any idea what they are talking about and only do so to feel superior to another amateur?

>> No.3487320

What's funny is how pissed off everyone here is in their "critiques" on some fetish anime shit.

>> No.3487338

>>3487311
Almost instantly.

>> No.3487344

>>3487311
When I realized /beg/ was filled with other /beg/ginners pretending to be better than said /beg/ginners.

>> No.3487351

Anon psw

Post my work

Trying change subject and before you know it the thread is now closed

Every fucking time

>> No.3487434

>>3487311
When I visited /beg/ after a while and saw dozens of objectivelly wrong advice being thrown around with the confidence Steve Huston could be envious of.

The resources are pretty good, tho.

>> No.3487471

When critiques starts with 'nice..'
And basically giving advice of most trivial aspects while ignoring the blatant misproportions or bigger mistakes.

>> No.3487473

>this is what "loomis is a meme" people actually believe

>> No.3487474

>>3487311
From the first moment on this board
Not even joking

>> No.3487475

Not as bad and dispiriting as /p/ but still pretty bad.

>> No.3487478
File: 366 KB, 1130x560, D9FEF446-2DB4-41A0-B65D-6AEF4F3D18EE.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Pic extremely related

>> No.3487480
File: 822 KB, 1130x560, chickenscratching.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3487478
*fixed

>> No.3487481

>>3487478
This X1000

>> No.3487503

>>3487478
Since when does anyone here think that?
I'm pretty sure it's well understood that chicken scratching refers to the short, hairy lines you get when you try to draw from your wrist.

Also, that image on the left looks *suspiciously* like the one I used when I explained this exact same thing yesterday to an anon who *suspiciously* had the exact same complaint, and this image *suspiciously* doesn't appear anywhere but here on this forum. So I'm going to go out on a limb here and deduce that you're an anon who has an autistic axe to grind about chicken scratching even though nobody here thinks chicken scratching refers to the picture on the right, probably because someone told you to stop chicken scratching like a retard and draw from your shoulder and you got buttmad about it.

Am I right? Did I win? Do I get a prize?

>> No.3487506

>>3487311
never came here for advice.

>> No.3487513

>>3487503
No you dumbass I’m the original poster of that image and the sketch example comes from google searching fucking “sketch” it’s the first page of google image. I made that meme because of autists in the anime study thread who can’t differentiate between sketching form and scribbling an outline. Jesus Christ you’re not the main character. The universe isn’t revolving around you

>> No.3487514

>>3487478
This one is not only very accurate. It is also a pretty telling example of about the average low skill level of the typical /ic/ poster.

>> No.3487516

>>3487513
Similarly the chicken scratch example literally comes from the first page of google image searching “chicken scratch”

I posted this several days ago. Weird how multiple people can use the same pictures to make a point

>> No.3487520

as soon as I realized that people crowing about how good ruan jia was supposed to be weren't actually just shitposting constantly, but actually BELIEVED that his stuff was supposed to be good

right up there with people saying that loomis is "outdated" or "old fashioned"

>> No.3487523

>>3487311
Any of the redlines in any of the threads where anons bitch about some anime pic not having realistic anatomy

>> No.3487585
File: 543 KB, 1920x1200, artflow_201806230606.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3487513
>>3487516
Haha, looks like I was right! Except you didn't get the image from me, you and I just ended up googling the same image!
>>3481725 >>3481726 >>3481727 >>3481729 >>3481807 >>3481783 >>3481815 >>3481837 >>3481846 >>3481865 >>3481886 >>3481874
The original autistic fit of asspain

>>3486694
Chickenscratch-kun comes back to sullenly grouse some more, even though nobody actually cares, and here >>3486985 >>3486988 is yours truly. Wow, I didn't even know this all happened, I just replied to this on the main page.

Anon, if this is you (and I'm pretty certain it is), follow the advice given to you. I used to think that making short, scratchy lines was "sketching" too, but it was *really* because I was drawing from my wrist and because I didn't have line confidence. I fixed that by learning to draw from my shoulder and practiced making my lines go where I wanted them to in one stroke instead of henpecking a long line out of itty bitty strokes. Picrelated is more along the lines of what rough sketches should ideally be like.

To be absolutely clear, so that you understand- this does not mean that sketches aren't supposed to get messy, or that you never redraw over a line, but what you're doing is drawing from the wrist and using short, scratchy strokes to make up a long line instead of just drawing the whole line in one stroke like you should. It's a bad habit that you need to break yourself from. Trust me, it'll open up a whole new level of control and confidence for you. There's no shame in admitting you're doing something wrong so long as you can learn from it.

Here's a Proko video that explains line control very nicely, please watch it. It's not even ten minutes long. https://youtu.be/pMC0Cx3Uk84

>> No.3487590

>>3487478
>>3487480
>>3487481
>>3487514
Are you samefagging? Because I smell a samefag here.

>> No.3487592

Most of the people on this board have no sense of style or creativity, it's all technical. That's how you end up worshipping fucking Ruan Jia as the best artist ever.

>> No.3487595
File: 187 KB, 720x1280, Screenshot_2018-06-24-13-49-42.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3487590
I don't know about the other responses but mine was genuine

>> No.3487609

>>3487590
No anon. It's just a description that resonated with a lot of people.

>> No.3487677

what's a better place to seek critique?

>> No.3487687

>>3487311
the only problem i find here is that people nitpick anatomy way too fucking much

anatomy is very important, but people use minor anatomical mistakes to feel superior to professional artists that are aiming for speed and aesthetics rather than perfect anatomy

>> No.3487782

>>3487311
I only come here so I can easily find about other artists

>> No.3487907

>>3487585
Are you actually trying to call me that person from the anime study thread? I’m so confused. I was the person telling that guy to stop chicken scratching. Why would you think I’m the scratcher???? Hello?????? I know how to draw without chicken scratching and I don’t xerox anime

>> No.3487926

>>3487311
It's 4chan so I just naturally assumed it.

>> No.3487969

>>3487907
Then why are you posting "/ic doesn't know what chicken scratching is lol" memes? I didn't see any false accusations on that thread.

>> No.3487987

Took me a couple of days after seeing weebshit worshiping, shitty redlines, when anons can't tell the difference between tracing/copying/using reference, Hitler was a great artist threads, when a good chunk of the threads in the catalog are people shitting on art instead of actually creating art, and when there are people on this board who actually think this is the best place for seeking advice.

>> No.3488005

>>3487969
That guy (or more if he wasn’t samefagging) was trying to say some other shit was also chicken scratching (did you not read the thread?) and that wasn’t even the only instance of someone on ic mislabeling chicken scratching in past 3 days. Clearly other people know what I’m talking about because they agreed with my image

>> No.3488008

>>3487311
When I quit drawing

>> No.3488011
File: 16 KB, 64x64, EXPRESSION tempt.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3487503
You won my heart <3

>> No.3488016

>>3487503
drawing from the shoulder is a fucking meme unless you are working really big

>> No.3488034

>>3488016
Yeah it’s a pretty glorious example of people on ic parroting something they heard an artist say once

>> No.3488042

>>3487478
This

>> No.3488093

>>3488016
This. When I saw people demanding that other beginners "draw from the shoulder" on 4x5" drawing pads is when I realized how seriously deluded this forum was.

I'm an artist. I have been my whole life. I'm working professionally as one, and I work in my free time as one. I always wanted to teach, but chose other paths, so I saw immense opportunity here to pass along knowledge to those who seem to be actually trying. If i help one person here, it's worth it.

But it's astounding to me - and now in an entertaining way - how non-artists here will belligerently attack legit things, and promote urban legend type beliefs here. Like "Artists don't use erasers", or "Grind Loomis/Fundies" as an answer to anything, or "Artists don't use rulers".

...what?

In the years and years of studying and practicing art, I've never heard these things. Ever.

I finally figured it out, there was a pool of dedicated crab bucket members, who taught themselves some basic techniques from books like Loomis, and in the ever-popular 4chan neckbeard way, have declared themselves pro. But they don't have a clue how to teach someone how to get from "Grind fundies" to the next steps, all they do is spin their wheels "grinding fundies", and so all they're good at is "grinding fundies".
And, since 4chan is full of the autistic, you get the obsessive-compulsives, who think they'll gain talent and imagination from insane work schedules of 14-18 hours a day repeating Loomis' practice examples.

This forum is the least art-oriented of any forum I've ever encountered. And I've been in quite a few of them. I thought DeviantArt could be toxic, but no, this place drills deeper than they ever could. I was developing an attitude towards Loomis, who I hadn't really ever heard of until I came here, but I realized that was because of the people here who use his books like baseball bats, abusing people with them. The books are innocent - the people here spouting off about them are the problem.

>> No.3488117

>>3487311
It gives my biggest fans something to do whenever I post art.

For people that really hate me they sure do care about every little thing I do. Seriously, they give me more attention that my family does.

>> No.3488232

This place is crawling with deluded wannabe artists and attention whores. Since I already know how to draw/paint on a decent level I can filter out the ones who seem to know what they are talking about but this place is a minefield for beginners.

>> No.3488274

>>3488117
yev? david? illastrat? nosebro? kyle?

>> No.3488278

>>3488093
What's the best way to learn, senpai?

>> No.3488322
File: 595 KB, 1920x1200, sketchin.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3488016
>>3488034
>>3488093
Drawing from the shoulder most definitely is NOT a meme, you contrarian idiots. Any professional artist and art instrutor will tell you to do this, and beginner's level art classes like the one offered by Glen Vilppu will start you off by training you to use your shoulder and loosen up. It's an absolutely crucial, fundamental technique for effective drawing.

Drawing is not writing, you NEED a greater range of motion and control over larger distances. Your shoulder allows you to make large smooth strokes AND small strokes with a lot of fine control, it's a fact of how the human body works. I can tell you that it works because both drawing from the shoulder and practicing my draftsmanship worked for me and demonstrably increased my line control. These sketches aren't amazing by any means, but they do show that I can lay down lines with a fair amount of accuracy, which is incredibly useful skill to have since you don't waste time scribbling vague outlines.
Don't tell me it doesn't work or isn't necessary since it's worked for me and everyone else back to Leonardo Da Vinci. Look at the sketches of old master artists dead and gone, I mean, even looking at the sketches of the more proficient artists in this board alone will demonstrate this fact.

The ignorant ass people on this board, I swear.

>> No.3488330

>>3488322
By the way, I'm working off a tablet with a dinky little 5.5x8.5 screen. So don't tell me that you only do that to work large surfaces.

Also, small clarification, you can still draw from the wrist but it's pretty much useless for anything other than small details. You definitely don't want to draw from the wrist when you're getting a gesture or composition down, but it's fine to use it for small features. Works quite well for that, in fact.

>> No.3488335

>>3488322
I went to art school and they did indeed teach use to draw with the shoulder. On drawing pads MUCH bigger than your average tablet. Much much bigger. Even on my cintiq I can’t “draw with my shoulder” it’s much more relegated to my elbow and wrist. Also I draw better than you so don’t call me a fucking idiot.

>> No.3488344

>>3487592
Holy shit this. I swear this is one of the biggest reasons people never progress beyond /beg/. They get caught up in anatomy technicalities, and they never truly challenge themselves even if their anatomy is good.

>> No.3488359

>>3488344
Oh god I fear this is happening to me. How do I stop?

>> No.3488363

>>3488335
lol this guy

>> No.3488367

>>3487311

when I started to post.

>> No.3488374

>>3487351
happened to me several times
the other anon just stopped posting

>> No.3488376

>>3487969
people ironically post dumb memes all the time it's nothing new

>> No.3488377

>>3487592
so much this. People got stuck doing studies/fundies that they forgot to draw from imagination

>> No.3488378

>>3488359
Want to ask this too. Imagine the horrors, one day you're grinding fundies and the next day you literally become Ruan Jia. Thoughts like this sends shiver down my spine, really hope preventive measures will be developed

>> No.3488380

>>3487311
When you know where to look, you can filter out all the shitposting in this board and manage to find actual gems. That and the artbooks threads are pretty helpful. Also, try not to hang around /beg/ too much, you should surround and get yourself influenced with great artists (ie don't waste too much time in /ic/), otherwise the mediocrity will def rub off on you

>> No.3488382

>>3488378
> one day you're grinding fundies and the next day you literally become Ruan Jia
What a fucking joke, lmao, Ching Chong Jia has zero fundies and 100 render in his stats.

>> No.3488383

>>3488359
>>3488378
have a good balance of grinding fundies and drawing for fun

>> No.3488384

>>3487585
>hand control
But how to do that on a tablet though... I can do it on charcoal/pencil but not on tablet.

>> No.3488387
File: 370 KB, 1200x1920, kden.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3488335
Drawing skill doesn't have anything to do with it. I know I've got a lot of progress to make, I never said that I was incredible or highly skilled but I am at least reasonably fluent, and I got there by practicing draftsmanship and drawing from the shoulder. That was my entire point.
Acting as if drawing from the shoulder is completely superfluous is absolute mental retardation. That's a major part of how you learn to capture the lines of what you're drawing, to loosen up, to get the general impressions of it down without getting bogged down in the details. That's why it's such an essential thing for beginners to learn. Considering that you actually went to art school, it's doubly heinous that you would tell people that such an important skill is unnecessary.

I mean, my comment wasn't primarily directed at you, but alongside the LOOMISLOOMISLOOMIS crabtards I also see people telling beginners that they dont need to practice fundamentals like construction, line control, and whatnot and instead tell them to just copy finished artwork until they figure it out for themselves, or the people who tell beginners to never read Loomis at all because he drew in an 'outdated style' and he can't be applied to anything except more Loomis style drawing, even though Loomis is a gold mine for advanced beginners and can be applied to literally any style. Or you get those who do so just to be contrary.

The entire problem with this damn board boils down to everyone trying to make up a silver bullet solution to getting gud, even though it takes learning a lot of different skills and those skills needed changing based on what kind of art/medium that you pursue.

>> No.3488392

when the spammer won't stop posting that chink jia shit. yes he's great, so what? making similar threads and bumping that chink shit everyday trains the mind from admiring to hating in annoyance. if you like him so much, please post in chinksites, I bet there's tonnes of them. you're not gonna improving or even make it by admiring and spamming his works if you're not gonna do and practice it by yourself.

>> No.3488396

>>3488322
When teachers tell you to draw from the shoulder they are telling you to remember to use your shoulder too. They are not saying not to draw from your wrist. You should use whatever movements are best suited for the medium you are working with.

With the help of digital medium's rotate and zoom functions people can draw perfect smooth lines without ever lifting their wrist.

Telling people to draw from to shoulder when you got no clue about their workspace is a prime example of the piss poor advice that is being flung around here. That you saw some teachers say it doesn't matter when you are too dumb to understand the context they were saying it in.

>> No.3488399

>>3488384
If you have the tablet at a more or less comfortable angle and so long as your arm is free to move. I mean, you obviously can't hold a stylus like you can charcoal, but the idea is still the same. If you can do it with a pencil held in the tripod position (standard writing grip) then you can do it on a tablet. Its simply a matter of training your muscle memory.
Spend like five-ten minutes making lines, circles, and shapes, making a conscious effort to use your whole arm, before you start drawing. Feel free to goof around a little too, draw some simple doodles. It trains your muscle memory and also has the added benefit of loosening you up and helping you relax.
CtrlPaint has a good video on the subject: https://www.ctrlpaint.com/videos/loosen-up

Mark Chong (Mark's Drawing Tutorials on YouTube) also has a lot of videos about draftsmanship, but his library of videos is a bit disorganized and as much as I love his approach to art, he's a bit rambling and theoretical and he does not hold back on his video lengths.

>> No.3488411

>>3488396
I corrected myself and said that in this post- >>3488330
It would help to clarify that you should use whatever range of motion you need or are limited to for certain tasks. But for beginners that haven't learned how to break themselves of chicken scratching it's valid advice, which is what this discussion started from in the first place. I'm not parroting what a teacher has said, I practice it myself and I know that it works. Furthermore, the people who expounded the virtues of draftsmanship to me in the first place were professional digital artists themselves so I think it's still very much applicable.

>> No.3488435

>>3488399
Is there settings on a wacom tablet that perhaps makes it easier to navigate in such a small surface especially on the (limited) express keys? Mine is this model : https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/71MfxvKW9OL._SX425_.jpg

>> No.3488437

>>3488435
Navigate? You mean like hotkeys?

>> No.3488442

>>3488437
as in making a long line without chicken scratching on a larger drawing using the medium size tablet. probably hotkeys as well.

>> No.3488490

>>3488322
>Any professional artist and art instrutor will tell you to do this,
I did. I have an art degree. I know art professors I went to college with. I've hundreds of hours of studio and lecture time. I've only heard about drawing from the shoulder in figure drawing class, on large sheets of paper.

You're wrong. And, spewing at me in rage doesn't make you right.

>> No.3488491

>>3488442
Just try to use as much of your arm as possible to draw, instead of planting your wrist down in one spot and moving only your hand. It's basically the same as when you're drawing with charcoal or pencil on a larger sheet of paper, except you're working with a smaller surface. It still works just as well, since your shoulder can make fine movements just about as well as your wrist can except it can move in more directions.
Just imagine that your arm is like a robot arm, like those big industrial robot arms or this little guy right here: https://youtu.be/ExIBuhY6aXg Keep your wrist still and use your shoulder and elbow to move your hand. Like Matt Kohr said in the CtrlPaint video, just let your hand go along for the ride.
If you're working on a large document, try to keep the document zoomed out so the entire thing fits in the window, at least in the early stages.

Hotkeys will have to be on the keyboard, naturally, since there aren't really any on the tablet. When I used MyPaint (based art program btw) they put a bunch of important hotkeys (+/- brush size, +/- brush opacity, zoom in/out, color picker, redo and undo, moving the canvas, fullscreen/hide interface, some other things I don't remember atm) on the left-hand side of the keyboard so you could use them all with your left hand without looking. You would keep your hand on the keyboard and could adjust things on the fly. So if you could do something like that with your hotkeys that would be helpful too. You could also try MyPaint itself, it's free and it has an infinite canvas (still raster based though, it's not vector),a minimal interface that can be hidden in fullscreen mode so there is literally nothing but your canvas onscreen, some really comfy brushes (Classic Paint is bae) as well as the aforementioned keyboard shortcuts that made working in the program a breeze. It's great for messing around in, just filling out huge swathes of canvas in sketches and paintings.

Hope that helps you.

>> No.3488492
File: 634 KB, 280x269, 1444790181440.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

when you realize that almost everyone on /ic/ in general is /beg/

people who can actually draw are too busy drawing instead of posting

>> No.3488497

>>3488492
this kek

>> No.3488500

>>3488490
>art degree
kek
not
>stem degree, art as hobby

>> No.3488504

>>3488490
Except I do draw from the shoulder when drawing digitally, like all the time, even on a dinky graphics tablet. The first people I even learned the concept of drawing from the shoulder were from digital artists, namely Matt Kohr and Mark Chong. So contrary to your experience, you can draw from the shoulder on smaller surfaces and it still does give you far better line control. You can't tell me any different because I'm living and breathing it right now, dude. It is a literal impossibility to get the same range of motion from your wrist alone as you can get from your whole arm. Are you going to tell me that using my wrist only is somehow better?

>> No.3488528

>>3488387
The entire problem with this damn board ... is that people try to simplifiy a lot of problems into one single entire problem?

>> No.3488647

>>3488504
>>3488490
If you make a line then you make a line, agonizing over where the movement is coming from is supremely fucking unimportant either way.
It's not rocket science dude, I'll draw a line from the shoulder if it's more comfortable to draw it from the shoulder, and from the elbow/wrist if it's more comfortable to do it that way.

>> No.3488695

>>3487311
>just parroting something they heard
Absolutely nothing wrong with a beginner sharing information or resources they can't completely understand themselves. If you want actual professional teachers to critique you feel free to pay them. Otherwise this is the best you get for free

>> No.3488827

>>3488500
Yes, my entire education and career as a professional illustrator, and all the awards, perks and success I've had have been a complete waste, you nailed it there, uh huh.

But then this is 4chan, where "making it" is doing furry porn for $10 a pop. I charge $2500 minimum for full page color, and yes, I get it.

But no, it's all been a waste. You're so right there, because everyone should study STEM.

Fucking children.

>> No.3489000

>>3487311
When the board is full with lazy ngmi beg snobs
>it doesn't matter
>lol basic skills lmao
>too lazy so I left it at that
>lmao anatomy and scales
And they tell each other advice
>>3487475
I appreciate /p/ more, they're harsh but on point

>> No.3489192

>>3488504
>>3488322

> total beginner giving advice, thread.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cvqOjCx4PG0

>> No.3489211

This board made me understand about line efficiency, the importance of have references and have confidence about what I'm doing.

>> No.3489820

>>3487585
>Picrelated is more along the lines of what rough sketches should ideally be like.
Yeah if you use a lot of ctrl+z

>> No.3489822
File: 5 KB, 64x64, EXPRESSION sad tiger smiley.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I realized that the "/ic/" is short for "sakim/ic/han"
:(

>> No.3489854

>>3489820
Not really, no. Most of these were done quickly and without using undo or the eraser, or only sparingly. I don't agonize over my lines, if it's in the general neighborhood of where I want it to go but not quite, I draw over it again to correct it. I only generally undo if I change my mind as to where I want something to go, or if whatever I'm drawing isn't going to work and needs redone completely.
>>3488647
I don't agonize over it, I just trained my muscle memory so now it's habitual. It didnt take me very long at all.
Also, maybe I should clarify that by 'drawing from the shoulder' that just refers to the whole arm, since the shoulder is your primary pivoting point. In other words, not plonking your arm down like a brick and using your wrist to draw everything because, again, you can only work in a small area using that pivot point and can't draw long lines or draw well in as many directions. I never said that you NEVER EVER DRAW FROM YOUR WRIST EVER, I simply stated that there are mechanical limitations to that joint, and my original advice to chickenscratch anon (he was never here though, I assume) was to help him to not chickenscratch and get his lines down in one stroke instead of fifty little tiny strokes.
>>3489192
Not everyone is as monstrously skilled as Kim Jung Gi and can bring out a whole composition without guidelines or a rough sketch, beginners especially. If they tried doing what he's doing they wouldn't get anywhere at all.

>> No.3489924

>>3487926
This

>> No.3489926

>>3488827
struck a cord there huh

>> No.3489994

>>3487311
it's 4chan how could anything be remotely good on here?

>> No.3490316
File: 675 KB, 1035x913, 1526592312668.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>seeking advice on how to draw something that looks good to you
or
>seeking advice on how to draw something that looks good to everyone but you
or
>snippty snappity stop drawing my bro

>> No.3490959

Everytime I see someone here try to redline a professional and utterly fail. I come for the artbook thread and absolutely nothing else

>> No.3493013

>>3489854
>I don't agonize over it, I just trained my muscle memory

That's the thing, I never trained myself to do shit. I just drew for 5 years and the way I move to make marks happened naturally, almost as though controlling my arms and hands to achieve something was part of some sort of inherent motor function. Crazy.
This is where "Draw from the shoulder lol" misses the mark. It doesn't matter one bit, if you just tell someone that they should be making continuous lines instead of chicken scratch they'll work out how to draw continuous lines naturally, it's something most people can do without even thinking about where the motion is coming from.

>> No.3493145

i wasn't aware people gave out advice here

>> No.3493267

>>3487311
When people find no flaw in segregating beginners with other beginners.

I swear, one day people will understand how cancerous generals are.

>> No.3495801

immediately, but I also noticed that
/ic/ is very generous with links to high-quality albums, book scans, tutorials.

>> No.3495807

when /ic/ said i was tracing images twice
its the best compliment and advice i think ive ever gotten

>> No.3495816

>>3493267
Holy shit this. At work we sit the new people amongst advanced people and intermediate people when we make new teams. They learn so much faster, and have more motivation that way. We made a mistake putting all the new people on one team once, and it bombed.

>> No.3495823

>>3495816
That's true but are there any communities where you can hang around advanced artists?

>> No.3495943

>'X' isn't art, 'this' is art

>> No.3495965

Someone need to make an imageboard where we can't post text, only redlines and redraws.

>> No.3495998

>>3487311
Not everyone is totally correct, but there's some good advice given here.

>>3487478
You are full of shit. No one here who gives decent advice thinks the left one is 'chicken scratch.'

>> No.3496992

>>3487344
this

>> No.3497006

>>3495998
the 2-3 people who give decent advice don't count as the ic majority

>> No.3497287
File: 20 KB, 502x384, 1411384204025.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3487311
The real question here is when did it get worse? I've browsed this board around 2013, but the culture on this board is getting ridiculous every year.

Take what you see with a grain of salt. Some threads are useful but never rely on other anon's here when you could seek out other communities near you.

>> No.3497296

>>3487311
ic is the best place.

>> No.3497409

The sketchbook thread is based and I've seen more practical, sensible advice and actual progression there than anywhere else.