[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

View post   

File: 92 KB, 1407x568, concept.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3486412 No.3486412 [Reply] [Original]

Why does everyone seem to want to be a concept artist these days?? What is so appealing about it? is it an obtainable career goal at all? What skills are necessary for this? I see people who draw shitty anime girls and say they are/want to be a concept artist..

>> No.3486417

cus they are a little bit creative and they think that concept art is the easiest art profession and that they'll be able to draw unfinished character scribbles with big tits and maintain a career. they dont understand that the skill of concept art is taking what your boss or your client has in their brain and creating that accurately to their vision. not your vision.

>> No.3486429

>>3486412
who told you that?

>> No.3486433

concept artists literally do art for money
and they use crab techniques
so no effort, and you get a lot of money
https://youtu.be/CYbYvImd7Bw?t=1884

>> No.3486475

>>3486412
Most people here are recluses and nerds in general, so to follow a path in video games seems to be the logical choice.
I thought the same until I realized I don't work well under pressure and suffer a serious case of perfectionism - the exact opposite of what could give me the advantage at the job.
More people should do this reality check imo, the answer is probably something you already know and stems out of your temper and the things you've generally been good at.
Now I'm working my way happily towards illustration for book publishing and I feel like I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be.

>> No.3486558

>>3486412
most people here honestly aren't familiar with a lot of art career paths. patreon animu tits or bust

>> No.3486590

>>3486412
Because it’s the easiest one. All you have to be able to do is photobash, 3D and iterate a lot. Being a patreon artist is significantly more difficult because it’s popularity based similar to being an illustrator. Concept artists are like a dime a dozen and at least get paid as much as another trade job.

>> No.3486616

>>3486433
How is 3d moddeling being a crab?