[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

View post   

File: 3.05 MB, 800x9993, 1529151442668.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3474593 No.3474593 [Reply] [Original]

In wich order is one supposed to study the elements of drawing.In the beggining things were simple:
-learn what the fuck is a line
-learn what the fuck is a shape and a form
-learn what the fuck value is and so on

So what is the order of how you are supposed to learn things ? I feel like I cant make any progress cause I dont know what to study and when to study ? Could you guys give me a list in chronological order please? Also,if this is important, i d like to add that I am not interested in pretty much nothing besied traditional drawing (charcoal,graphite, ink, simple things like these)

>> No.3474595

OP here, the picture is not the right one and has nothing to do with the subject

>> No.3474599

fuck you

>> No.3474603

>>3474599
what, why?

>> No.3474611

>>3474603
Don't take the bait

>>3474593
I intend to be a drawing teacher. Always try to go from big to small, from simple to complex. Some things exist independently, some depend on other topics. My current "curriculum" is as follows
>Observation (Bert Dodson etc)
>Line and shape
>Form
>Basic perspective
>Simple rendering (light / shadow, texture)
>Design and appeal
} this is what everyone should study. The following depends on your goals (portrait artist, landscape artist, animator, prop designer...)
>Organic drawing (Force, gesture)
>Freehand perspective
>Basic figure drawing
>Landscape and environment drawing
>More rendering (material, reflectivity and translucency)
>Advanced perspective (Scott Robertson)
>More figure drawing, animal drawing
>Vehicles, mechs and so on

>> No.3474624

>>3474611
Thank you very much !