[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

View post   

File: 25 KB, 429x398, 1407840308022.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3344491 No.3344491[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

deadbeats, low-lives, stoners, dead-end wagies, neets, depressos.

This is your safe space. Get in here and talk about being a piece of shit and how hard it is to pretend you like making art.

>> No.3344547

Drawing is too hard and people give too many bad advices.

>> No.3344555

snibbeti snab

>> No.3344557

Everytime I get back to drawing it's so much fun and I ask myself what made me stop. You guys should turn off your screens for a few minutes and draw for fun, if you don't hate yourself too much you'll enjoy it. Just bring an idea to life without worrying too much

>> No.3344558

i smoke weed every day and i make insane gains, don't lump me in with you ngmi dorks

>> No.3344568

>>3344558
if you're in the thread...

>> No.3344578
File: 40 KB, 500x632, tumblr_static_feels3.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3344491
>stoners
But..weed actually helps my ADHD

>> No.3344582

>>3344558
post gains

>> No.3344592

>>3344491
NEET master race and I'm making it, don't lump me with those losers wagecucks

>> No.3344607
File: 2.03 MB, 3036x1335, progress_meme_bullshit-dc3ird1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3344582
Not the same guy, but crying myself to sleep at night helps me get through my sheer scrubness.

>> No.3344613

>>3344557
then y r u here?

>> No.3344614

>>3344607
i will tell one thing to improve your pieces:
DO MASTER STUDIES FUCKING BRAINLET, FUCKING JESUS, YOU SHOULDNT EVEN BE ALIVE WHAT A DISGRACE.

>> No.3344616

>>3344614
Okay thanks for the advice. May I see some of your work now?

>> No.3344751

>>3344607
That took to long to improve. It should've taken less than a day to improve that painting.

>> No.3344756

>>3344751
Anon

It took him that long to improve his skills, not work on that single painting

>> No.3344758

>>3344616
but he's right anon, doing master studies helps you discern better and more efficient ways of drawing. literally every fucking art class ever does master studies, my guy -- there's probably a reason for that.

>> No.3344760

Why do you pretend man such a waste of skin

>> No.3344836

>>3344613
To remind you sad fucks that it isn't hard as you think. This board is filled with depressed lazy anons as is. Just pick up the pencil and have some fun.

>> No.3344848

>>3344491
>le
>reddit meme

I can see you fully embrace your NGMI destiny.

>> No.3344852

>>3344578
Same here bro, better do natural meds than taking pills. Its all about dose how it affects you personally. Dont let those normies shittalk you.

>> No.3344858

I've achieved something some only dream of, but I'm letting it slip through my fingers because of depression and procrastination. I've just been binge watching TV or playing video games and have barely drawn anything in weeks. Then I hate myself for not drawing and the cycle continues.

>> No.3344904

I don't WANT to Make It. I don't want the responsibility, I don't want the hours, I don't want to be constantly critical and focused about my art, I don't want to draw what is expected and popular, I don't want to deal with other people, be it fans or clients.
I just want to draw some nice relaxed stuff and that's it. But I have no other skills, so it's either continue with mundane commissions or go do entry-level manual labor which is something I want even less.

>> No.3344988

>>3344614
What do master studies help with? I did a few of those and I didn't learn a thing, what am I supposed to look for?

>> No.3345092

>>3344858
You mean drawing or grinding & learning

Drawing comes with inspiration, the drive to draw

Grinding & learning Fundies comes from forcing yourself

>> No.3345095

>>3344760
What

>> No.3345107

>>3344491
I had started drawing 14 years ago and I'm still on /beg/ level. Not to mention I'm a complete failure at life. In fact I bet I'm the worst loser on this board.

>> No.3345110

>>3345107
post your shit

>> No.3345112

>>3345107
Yeah post your work

>> No.3345118

>>3345107
POST YOUR WORK

>> No.3345132
File: 26 KB, 500x328, 1516231136304.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3344491
I can't finish anything for the life of me, spend months on the same figures going back changing stuff around and still stuck in the sketch phase. Still working on the same drawing I started a couple months back I even gave it a feminine benis to help make it look interesting and I sincerely hope I am not the only one adding dicks to help finish something.

>> No.3345135

>>3345132
I think it's cause you're a faggot.

>> No.3345136

>>3345132
Post it

>> No.3345137

>>3345136
I can't do that here I'll have to post it on /b/ for that

>> No.3345146
File: 37 KB, 750x595, CoHN9SbVUAAeKQV.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>"oh anon you can draw? why not work as our graphic design!"
>find out it was just a huge elaborate scam to get me to work for their pyramid scheme doing nothing related to graphic design, for free
I'M STILL PISSED

>> No.3345149
File: 2.81 MB, 2680x7796, Progress.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I spend my time posting my progress here without actually trying to progress more. I got lazy. And I feel like I'll never succeed so I kind of want to give up.

>> No.3345156

Who else /neet/ here? Been neet for a year to become an """indie game developer""", spend all my time jacking off and looking at 4chan, paranoid that I'm gonna wind up homeless eventually.

>> No.3345157

>>3345156
Why won't you just become a wagecuck already and Mr. Goldburg would at least give you some beans to stop you from becoming a bum.

>> No.3345171

>>3345157
If I was actually in danger then I would take any job I could get, even at walmart or something. As it stands I have enough savings to live on my own for about two years probably. I'm just venting about how much of a loser I feel like is all. Both about my general work ethic and about the fact that I'm still /beg/ tier at drawing despite trying on and off for years.

>> No.3345173

>>3345137
Post it in b and link it then

>> No.3345174

>>3345146
Was it a friend or family?

To know if I should laugh or chuckle

>> No.3345176

>>3345149
You have progressed don't worry

Those dresses r pretty good too

>> No.3345235

>>3345149
A scientific study showed that people are much less likely to achieve their goal if they go around telling everyone what their goal is. It's because you already feel a chunk of the satisfaction and your brain fools you into thinking you already did it.
Always critique where you currently are, but respect how far you've made it. Never waste time.

>> No.3345276
File: 6 KB, 300x168, download.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

How the fuck do beginners manage to draw all day

I try to set myself to a schedule but after drawing over an hour a day for three days straight I end up taking multi-week breaks

>> No.3345279

>>3345276
Is important, do you not enjoy learning or drawing?

If you don't enjoy learning then that's normal
If you don't enjoy the activity of doodling and drawing what you like, then get ready for a rough time

>> No.3345285

>>3345276
Ease into it, you can't just jump into an activity and expect to do it all day every day.

>> No.3345304

>>3345176
Thanks. But I would like to progress more and stop procrastinating.
And I'm trying to practice design. Thanks for this too.

>>3345235
You got it right, when I look at my progress, I feel like I improved and now I can rest.
I shouldn't. And I don't know how to think otherwise.

>> No.3345376

>>3344558
Post work or ngmi

I think weed just makes you believe everything is better than it actually is.

>> No.3345383

>>3345146
Lol, I've been offered actual graphic design and photography jobs based on the fact that I draw, and I still never do it. If I wanted to design goddamn flyers I'd be doing it already!

Although I technically have a Bachelor's of Design...

>> No.3345387

ive been only drawing for a few months but im avoiding having to learn fundies like the plague since i got memed at with books that require you to already know how to draw

def ngmi

>> No.3345388
File: 762 KB, 1000x1000, 1445651734642.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3345146
My boss found out and asked me to design flyers for his business, made an extra 50 bucks in less than an hour for simply bashing together pictures to promote his business.

>> No.3345411 [DELETED] 
File: 18 KB, 401x401, otX8rqQ8.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3344491
so I recently graduated from a public college and felt pretty underwhelmed with that I actually ended up learning at their art department. I chose not to go to *the* local art school because it's a private college much higher tuition costs and I didn't realize it even existed until I was a year into my bachelors anyway (I was a transfer student, so I was halfway done at that point).

but now that I've graduated, I'm realizing just how night/day the student/alumni opportunities are for their respective colleges, like holy shit. the private college''s internships/opportunities page had been going through some updating last month and it now links to twelve page google doc linking to business flyers who're specifically looking for students and former students of the college. I didn't know this, and they subsequently adopted harder privacy restrictions after I got into a spat with their registrar.

compare that to my public college's career services, which is still dominated by years old listings. they've had the same ten to fifteen listings since I started using it; just useless. we're all working artists, but I really wonder if students of that private college even know just how well off they are. it pisses me off how much they talk about inclusivity and yet have no regard for artists outside their pearly gates.

even more recently, I got a job at one of the local art museums and at roll coll my department head mentioned that the museum had new job openings, so like an idiot I checked them out after work. over half of the openings available were only eligible for students of that same damn private college.

it's like they think art programs elsewhere in this godforsaken city simply don't exist and it makes sad, as if I've wasted two years of my life for literally nothing
>>3345146
imagine applying for an graphic design internship and being told no because you didn't have any experience with "firm culture and workflow"

>> No.3345419
File: 254 KB, 806x806, photo_2016-08-19_02-45-58.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

So I recently graduated from a public college and felt pretty underwhelmed with that I actually ended up learning at their art department. I chose not to go to *the* local art school because it's a private college with much higher tuition costs and I didn't realize it even existed until I was a year into my bachelors anyway (I was a transfer student, so I was halfway done at that point). But now that I've graduated, I'm realizing just how night/day the student/alumni opportunities are for their respective colleges, like holy shit. the private college's internships/opportunities page had been going through some updating last month and it now links to twelve page google doc linking to business flyers who're specifically looking for students and former students of the college. I didn't know this, and they subsequently adopted harder privacy restrictions after I got into a spat with their registrar. compare that to my public college's career services, which is still dominated by years old listings. they've had the same ten to fifteen listings since I started using it; just useless. we're all working artists, but I really wonder if students of that private college even know just how well off they are. it pisses me off how much they talk about inclusivity and yet have no regard for artists outside their pearly gates. Oh, an even *more* recently, I was fortunate enough to get a job at one of the local art museums and at roll coll one night my department head mentioned that the museum had new job openings, so like an idiot I checked them out after work. Over half of the openings available were only eligible for students of that same damn private college! It's like they think art programs elsewhere in this godforsaken city simply don't exist and it makes me sad; it's as if I've wasted two years of my life for literally nothing
>>3345146
Imagine applying for an graphic design internship and being told no because you didn't have any experience with "firm culture and workflow".

>> No.3345428
File: 94 KB, 640x495, gary.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3344491
>tfw hobbyist master race
One day you all will understand. I have some fun, I draw when I have time, I post work now and then to get some (You)s, asspats and advice. I don't """grind""" autistically, I haven't wasted hours accomplishing nothing toward some perceived future career in art. Yes I'm NGMI, but I don't pretend like I'm anything else, and because of that I get to enjoy all the best of this board while avoiding the stress it seems a lot of you brainlets go through.

>> No.3345431

>>3345428
>ambitionless retard revels in how easy it is to be nothing
Lmao it's clear who the real brainlet is

>> No.3345433

>>3345431
>if you're not trying to become a professional at art, you have no ambition in life and you are nothing
Try again, but make sure you draw your daily boxes first.

>> No.3345440

>>3345428
Not saying anything until I see your work. Might give compliments if it's good, just

>> No.3345562
File: 13 KB, 278x202, DWbm3QeXcAArhLI.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Anyone else stuck betting on art because of life circumstances? I'm 3/4ths through a 3D/Media degree and I'm passable for low-end film/game industry employment but I stopped enjoying it a pretty long time ago and I'm only sticking with it because I can't do anything more physically demanding than sitting at a desk/standing at a till due to severe Chronic Fatigue Syndrome + can't keep customer service jobs because nobody likes talking to someone who's tired 24/7 and looks like a corpse. I've been barely scraping by in and out of work for the last 4 years and art's the only thing I've got that could be considered a skill, I legitimately only started my degree because it's a way to keep getting government support without having to take as many jobs that I know I can't keep.
I was actually collecting a disability pension (in Australia) for a while but it turns out that if you tell the government here that you'd like to work or even attempt to do something with your life they put on record that you're capable of working and no amount of medical professionals telling them that you're bedridden most of the time and barely capable of leading anything that could be considered a life without assistance can reverse that. Initially I was banking on art because any job I take will have to be what I put 100% of my waking hours and energy into to have any hope of keeping it and I thought I'd be able to enjoy it because I used to have fun with it but nope, I don't even get that.

Oh yeah also the only real life friends I've had for the last 3 years have been my course instructors and I figure they're only doing it because they're invested in me succeeding or whatever and I had to take a medical break last year because the combination of stress and all the drugs, coffee, energy drinks and caffeine pills that I use just to get through all my coursework apparently caused an ulcer that bored a hole through my stomach lining.

>> No.3345569

>>3345562
i relate to that seal

>> No.3345570

>>3345440
I'd rather not post my work in this thread, I keep my opinions/shitposts and my art separate so any (You)s I get are solely for the art I posted and not because of previous vendettas. What would you say if it was bad, though? "Wow you're terrible, kys?" I know, that's why I'm not attempting to make it a career

>> No.3345602

>>3345562
Your desire for art will eventually come back eventually, Artistic expression is part of self-actulization. However, not like that.

My recommendation is to take ways of making money like gambling investing or wathever accumulates value the longer you sit on it.

Also try getting into a charity.

>> No.3345634

>>3345419
>it's as if I've wasted two years of my life for literally nothing
that's not a lot of time for anything.

>> No.3345705

>>3345602
I doubt I'm going to get time for artistic expression unless I strike it as some sort of indie artist/developer and that seems like the sort of thing that takes more charisma than what I've got. I've had people tell me that tragedy makes for meaningful art but I'm here and tragic and no better at coming up with meaningful art than I ever was which is why I'm going down the route of production art/technical 3DCG skills. My only marketable ability is that I'm quick to pick up creative skills, so I'm decent to above average at damn near everything I try but not really great at anything.

I don't know what my options are with regards to charity (as far as I know most ME/CFS charity donates towards research/funding legislative change) but I could probably panhandle for sympathy cash through ko-fi if it came to that. I did a bit of digging and found the requirements for a disability pension in Australia and would probably more than pass on the requirements if I was ever formally assessed, but that doesn't mean much since it's difficult to get anyone, let alone the government, to recognize CFS as a real disability that you've got since it's got no definitive method of diagnosis. I could probably connect with an advocacy group.

>> No.3345778

>>3345634
it felt longer, tho

maybe I'm just being too hard on myself

>> No.3345932

I like creating pretty pictures I’m just kind of dumb amd lazy

>> No.3346266

>>3344578
love that mde bit

>> No.3346962

>>3345149
hey this is my first time on this board, i mostly lurk on /pol/, but i got into manga/anime recently and decided to learn how to draw. i actually found this thread google searching what "ngmi" means because i saw it in the first thread i came across here. i just bought a wacom intuos and i'm so bad i thought i had made a terrible mistake. seeing your progress gives me hope however. so thank you for posting that

>> No.3346980
File: 965 KB, 745x910, ch.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3346962
Fuck off, we've had enough of anime garbage and retards like yourself. Go pollute other boards with your crap.