[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

View post   

File: 41 KB, 720x540, c;.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3175027 No.3175027 [Reply] [Original]

I've been wondering, for those who went to art school, were you ever given simple yet difficult to answer questions? Basic who, what, when, where and why questions regarding your taste and path.I.E Who are your favorite artists?, when did your start?, where do you see yourself in a few years?, why do you draw? how did you going about answering them? I don't plan on going to art school myself, but still I feel they are important to question to keep a fresh mind on the extent of your knowledge, where you are and where you want to be.

anyways the main gist is about the questions that go in depth, say: Explain why you choose this piece of art(2d of course painting or drawing digital or trad). just how far can you take it? and does the length and clarity of the answer portray your skill? if you're already at least a decent artist does your answer reveal just how much you know and actually be a hack?

Just how technical can we go in digital and traditional b4 we make our selves look dumb and pretentious?

sorry for all the questions.

>> No.3176108

>>3175027
Art teachers vary at my school. Its either "everyones a special snowflake and you cant mess up art" to brutally honest and real world "you think this is going to fucking sell? You have to be better than everyone in the class not to mention other schools to have a practical job." and honestly I love the honesty. I love out performing others.