[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

View post   

File: 24 KB, 500x375, 8577857258785.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3103075 No.3103075 [Reply] [Original]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRWJcrRO0GM
What's your opinion about modern art?

>> No.3103190

>>3103075
I don't have one, stop bothering me.

>> No.3103201

>>3103075
It's absolute crap.

>> No.3103209

I have no problem with it, conceptual or abstract art

These cunts want to act all clever whining about pieces they don't understand when conceptual art isn't about what you like or think is pretty

Conceptual art exists because art is more than representational and it gives value to ideation itself . Without ideation, art would be meaningless

Being challenged or provoked by a piece does not mean it's bad. But I suppose you'd rather have game of thrones fan art or some derivative shit

I can concede the modern art world as a business is fucked, but don't doubt many art connoisseurs are unimpressed with pretty realism paintings, just like audiophiles generally don't like pop

>> No.3103214

>>3103209
good point, although I feel that conceptual art shouldn't be lumped together with visual arts, visual arts in its definition should be something you can see,
another example would be sound art amongst visual art galleries, when it should just be categorized as music imho

>> No.3103222

>>3103214
i most heartily agree, conceptual art being lumped in with visual art has been very much to the detriment of the fine arts and people's ability to appreciate them.

...i also secretly kinda hate conceptual art though, to me it's always like, idk, like a joke, and you either get it, and it's not that great, or you don't get it and it's nothing. it's like memes. i think they're kind of a waste of gallery space, but you gotsa have the commodifiable object i guess.

>> No.3103224

>>3103222
hahaha very true