[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

View post   

File: 369 KB, 1920x963, Fallout-Concept-Art-Temple-of-Trials-Volen-CK-inPursuitofArt-1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3035047 No.3035047 [Reply] [Original]

Anyone not going to make it even through they are trying really hard.

Was looking through his work and it is really crap considering he had years of studying and now even quit his job for four months.

Like you would assume he would have given up about now.

I feel this proves that talent is stronger than motivation. You can have all the motivation int the world, but if you have no talent you will not make it.

Like he made his youtube channel 3 years ago and still not made it.

http://www.inpursuitofart.com/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPTZ8SFYst4

>> No.3035091

Volen is cool, i love the guy, and if you look at his early stuff versus his more newer work theres a huge difference.
Though he has stated that his progress was slowed down a bit because he focused on learning different software and techniques for a while instead of practicing drawing and painting.
The progress hes made thus far is completely normal for most people.
And theres no set time for when youre to make it, for some hard working and smart individuals it takes 3 years, for others it might be 5, and for some even 10.

>> No.3035101

>>3035047
This >>3035091
The only talent is learning faster, so the only other factor is time.

>> No.3035392

>>3035101
Nope. The way you think about things will shape your personal taste. Taste is huge when it comes to your ability as an artist.

Unless you're telling me that everyone's brain is the same, and we all think the same way with the same level of focus/autism.

OP is right. Volen just doesn't have a good eye/taste, he's not going to make it (or if he does, it will take him many more years).

>> No.3035401

>>3035047
>You can have all the motivation int the world, but if you have no talent you will not make it.

This is horse shit. Here's how you "make it":
1. Develop a portfolio of work you can sell
2. Research clients that use your type of work
3. Contact relevant prospects
4. Hope they have work for you to fulfill

Most people just focus on step 1. They never bother to actually try to make the connections they need to make. Many people spend all of their time developing the technical skills required to run an illustration business. However, a vast majority of folks completely neglect improving their actual business skills.

>> No.3035408

>>3035047

Some people are born retarded. Some people are not.

Some people can make it, some people not.

Tell me, OP, are you RETARDED? Even an autistic person can draw.

>> No.3035450
File: 70 KB, 555x752, HardWork.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>3035408
>Even an autistic person can draw.

This was done by a 5 year old autistic girl.

Our brains are really amazing. They can make us become better everyday or they can put us in a loop of procrastination and rationalization.

> Should I be drawing instead of being here?
> Rethorical question, don't answer that one

>> No.3035529

>>3035401
because without step 1, you are nothing.

>> No.3035555

>>3035047
>gf took his money
AHAHAHAHA KEK