[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

View post   

File: 81 KB, 770x612, 2669238-LGTLMLYR-7.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
3017098 No.3017098 [Reply] [Original]

How do you achieve that nostalgia feeling when making art?
You know that cloudy distant feeling when watching a picture.
Are there certain elements that create this feeling? For me the most obvious is the gray-blue colors atleast for me it reminds me of winter.
Also post your chill/nostalgic art pics.

>> No.3017120

>>3017098
>You know that cloudy distant feeling when watching a picture.
mmm

that's not how I'd describe nostalgia. I don't think there's a formula beyond "appeal to shit that your audience grew up on". so, turquoise and purple palettes for 90s kids, soviet realism for your russian grandparents, etc.

>> No.3017258

>>3017098

Who did this? It's nice.

>> No.3017494

>>3017098
looks like the reference photo may have been taken with film. i actually got a bit of 90s nostalgia from the painting

>> No.3019478

>>3017098
That looks pretty badass! I need to draw more abstract, i tend to draw more in detail. But detailed works are not necessarily better.

>> No.3019482

>>3019478
you know what? you are right

but how do we draw something abstract with lines, because this is done mostly with shapes

can anybody thing of a artist which already does that? if not, I guess we we would have invent the wheel in this case

>> No.3019493

>>3017098
also, regarding your question OP

when i think of nostalgia I think of those moments when I woke up from my midday sleep in the middle of the summer; my face was swallow, my body was hot and maybe sweaty too, but everything looked so crisp, everything looked so clear and yet I could not see any detail because of how hard it was for me to keep my eyes open. You know, like in a dream I guess, you are aware of everything which is happening around you, and yet you can't see any detail if you try to.

And while what I think of being ''nostalgic feeling'' is totally different of your pic, is has one thing in commune; I get the impression I see everything, yet I can't see any detail if I am trying.

maybe that's a starting point for what we are looking for