[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

View post   

File: 26 KB, 400x400, 1384493328935.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2965847 No.2965847 [Reply] [Original]

I haven't drawn in 3 days

>> No.2965849

>>2965847
Then just draw

>> No.2965850

>>2965847
Not gonna make it.

>> No.2965852
File: 1.21 MB, 1548x1024, danny-brown-forecastle-fest-2016-billboard-1548.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2965847
THINK I'M HEARING VOICES

PARANOID I THINK I'M SEEING LOOMISES OH SHIT

>> No.2965941

>>2965847
>haven't drawn in 3 months
>still better than normies that draw 8 hours a day
>do one drawing to get all the experience points they've acquired this year
who else naturally talented here?

>> No.2965952

>>2965941

That's not natural talent, that's dunning kruger.

>> No.2965968

>>2965952
What's the difference?

>> No.2965984

>>2965847

>haven't produced anything in more than 3 years
>barely draw, once every two or three months and it's just a sketch or a doodle
>haven't been able to jump back on the horse yet
>might not be able to
>all those hours
>all those poses
>all those exercises and books read
>might be thrown away
>might end up with a base salary job for the rest of my life
>currently unemployed
>unable to find jobs because of career choice
>gf gets more distant
>friends get distant
>family doesn't stand you anymore
>look like shit because can't afford a haircut or a safety razor

Where is this going, anyway?

>> No.2965988
File: 65 KB, 285x276, 1493154741139.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2965984
Same

Hate college, can't do seminars by lack of motivation and anxiety anyways, just wanna stay home, pressure from everybody, all my personal projects are stale, beard and hair long as fuck almost looking like a hobo, I'm also probably getting fat from eating junk food and play vidya all day

Hang in there brother

>> No.2965990

>>2965988
>>2965984

kek hang in there for what?
I mean i feel the same way but im okay with being a loser. I don't have the need or motivation to be successful or care about prestige and stuff like that. I dono why i always been that way. I doubt im depressed either. It's just i been open to the reality of the world very early on so i never had the will to dream about what ifs.

>> No.2965992

>>2965990

I don't mind being a loser, I just don't want to be homeless at age of 30 when my old friends are doctors and lawyers

>> No.2966001
File: 109 KB, 392x438, 1489240710273.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

tbqhwyf my dream-ish closest to reality life would be become some kind of e-celeb cancer

Nothing too famous, just enough to survive, so I could shitpost/play vidya during the day or night and be paid for doing so, or be some e-athlete by going pro in something, maybe even a musician

But I have the shittiest PC, no webcam, shitty internet

I just wish I could at least live in peace to produce what I can which is to read, write and draw, I used to be so happy doing that but nowadays I'm feeling without air is fucking annoying, I hate being emo like that, I hate the pressure too

Anyways bros, its 3:00 AM here and I have college at 8

This week I'm gonna draw something, and post it on my blog, thats my goal

We are all gonna make it

good night

>> No.2966010

>>2965988
Why don't you just stay home and draw then?

>> No.2966011

It's okay, just draw when you feel like it. Don't burn yourself out.

>> No.2966021
File: 7 KB, 645x773, Thatface20110725-22047-wlaopv.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2965847
I actually haven't drawn anything for almost 2 weeks now, it was initially to take a long break to revision myself and my direction on how I do art, but the sad thing is, it got "forced" upon me within just 2 days from the starting point when my tablet got fucked and is now kaput.

FeelsbadDesu. And before you say "go traditional" I gone away with the basic pens and pencils to move on into digital fully after many months of brushing it to the side, now after a full year of using the tablet it gone fucked up. Never buy cheap shit, you get what you paid for.

>> No.2966023

>>2966021
>why not just buy another one with whynothbothgirl.jpg
>inb4 poorfag

>> No.2966328
File: 74 KB, 503x485, 1464187020786.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2966023
Well atm I have too many responsibilities to do that, but I will try to do so within the next few weeks. It just sucks not drawing even if this didn't happen, I never realized how much I'd hate myself this much not drawing for more than like 3 days.

>> No.2966354
File: 797 KB, 200x150, 1379814560712.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Get offered money for a commission
>Don't have the creative skills to fulfill it.

I know how to draw. I just don't have ideas.

I guess that's why storyboarding is the highest paying career.

>> No.2966361

>>2966354
Usually the commissioner gives ideas though and you just do the drawing part.

>> No.2966368
File: 400 KB, 1000x1375, 4T7IeBx.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2966361
They only give you the big picture. What about the rest?
How do you pose the hands? Where do you put the camera? What palette to use? Should you use drybrush or airbrush? Should you be more stylized or more realistic? What if your idea is too avant garde? What kind of materials to use? Do you put a highlight there? Spot lights or bouncing lights? What is your value range?

Doing studies gives you no skills for this, since everything is already decided. I'm just not creative enough to decide all of that.

>> No.2966396

>>2966010
Afraid of what they might do to me
Last week I ranted about how I will never finish my college, then I said I'd rather die to work on some shitty job for the rest of my life, then I slept all day after I locked myself in my room like a retarded teenager

Things are still kind awkward around here, I'm feeling like shit lately, maybe I will finish this semester and then take a stand for myself, they are treating me nice because they feel bad but I still don't trust them

>> No.2966401

>>2966396
Tell me more about what happens as a result of your rant, if nothing. Shit family to be honest desu.

>> No.2966427
File: 16 KB, 480x270, Feelings.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2966401
It started as a conversation when they came to pick me up from college so we could eat together in a restaurant

The conversation eventually led to college and I said to them that I wasn't planning on finishing it/wasn't happy doing it, my dad ranted about how on his time shit were harder, he had to work since he was 12 in the country meanwhile I get a car to drive me to college and pick me up and I am still spoiled as fuck and privileged ( even tho we are shit mid class, my pc is budget, our car is shit we need to buy a new one and obviously I can't afford a tablet right now, but moving on ) he then said how important it was to study nowadays because its ''embarassing'' to be a adult without a higher education, asked me how I planned to live without working, and when I said possibly by writing and drawing, he said it was bullshit

On the car I had a breakdown, one a hadn't in like a year, I started crying about how I always feel so pathetic because my anxiety, how hard is to talk for me and how I feel misery everyday, how am I afraid even of driving, all this gay shit I cried like a bitch

On home already I locked myself in my room, took all my clothes off because I felt like it and just slept naked from 2:00pm to 7:00pm, woke up, ate something, drew a little bit, then I slept from 9:00pm to 8:00am

My dad is considering doing therapy again to ''fix'' me, my mother is pretty much the same, they are dragging me around to family events to socialize as result of that my sleep schedule is fucked because after all the daily bullshit I just wanna play vidya or do some escapism from all, even tho I read a lot and I know escapism is wrong and only leads to self-destruction in the long term ( I had severe depression after a highschool incident and became a NEET for a year so I know personally escapism doesn't work )

Now I am on that line between giving up completely or trying to get my shit together again

>> No.2966435

>>2965847
guys what if I stopped drawing in a paper for like 1 year and just make digital shit I'm going to make it?

>> No.2966438

>haven't drawn in 6 months
Coming to this board gives me panic attacks

>> No.2966488
File: 218 KB, 445x477, 1448260229935.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2966427
Well friend, there is the saying: "You become the average of the 5 people you interact the most with". Depression is our soul fighting to prevent you from becoming your dad.

I have read stories from other artists in your situation. They finally started to improve after they told their toxic peers to fuck off and got artist friends. There is no way around it. Feelings and habits are shared with people. That's why entrepreneurs move to Silicon Valley, why artists move to New York, why events like Comiket exist.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMvqK8pQ3SY

Your anxiety could be from dealing with really shitty people, rather than you being the problem. It's hard to believe, but I was a social outcast most of my life. I thought I was just an introvert. But I lived in a big violent city, everyone is a piece of shit trying to scam you, how could I not be withdrawn?
I finally got some social skills after I moved to another state.

Start thinking that the problem is them, not you. Blame others. Humans are not isolated planets floating away from each other. What they do and think, affects you directly. Get better peers.
https://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/2016/12/solving-problems-blaming-others/

I was in a similar situation to you.
>Helicopter parents that forced me to be a straight A student.
>They despised art.
>I hated every second spent in college.
>Breakdown happens.
Despite a life of straight A's, I ended up dropping out of college. Of course they gave me a lot of shit for it, but shut up after I started bringing in money (from furry commissions because I didn't had skill for anything else) they shut their mouths and were suddenly supportive. Selfish pieces of shit.

At some point they even tried to pull the therapy card. Don't worry, after I explained their personality to the therapist she cited them to talk. They were so scared of facing their own problems that they dropped the subject. She agreed that I simply should just move out and do what I want.

>> No.2966505

>>2965941
>says he's better than grinding normies
>doesn't share his work
Post your work. We gotta see to believe.

>> No.2966522

>>2966427
>took all my clothes off because I felt like it and just slept naked from 2:00pm to 7:00pm,
So you never got dressed again? That's a bold move

>> No.2966529

>>2965984

The only option is to eat whole bucket of lead white.

>> No.2966545

>>2966427

I've been in the same situation, near the end of high school. Extreme anxiety and depression, nervous breakdown, ended up being a NEET for a couple years until I got my shit together and started college. It sucks a lot, everything sucks in general, but you gotta just grit your teeth and deal with it all. Go to therapy, get on anti-depressants, finish school, get a job. Chances are that you have some type of anxiety disorder that's fucking up the way you think about things, and your mentality has far less to do with your actual situation than you think. Feelings of shame, irrational fears and worries, depression, the nervous breakdown, it could all just be from an anxiety disorder.

Don't be avoidant, because that will just make things worse. Get help, stay in school, focus on improving yourself in every way, try to force yourself to think positively even though it might seem cognitively dissonant.

>> No.2966598
File: 45 KB, 600x600, 16266152_373616336341817_6836539715387252751_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2966545
I tried that before

After my highschool incident, a seminar which I choked hardcore and everybody laughed at me, I became a NEET for a year

On this time I went to a therapist ( which is pretty ok, but I hate the fact that I'm paying someone to give a fuck, so thats why I left ) I read a shit ton of books to help myself, I took meds

And I got through highschool fine ( on another highscool, the first one were a very elitist one, this other one was a pretty casual ) and I was doing good actually, I used to take the meds every morning before school, but then one day I had to read out loud

Just that, read out loud, and I stuttered and shaked again

This time people weren't colossal assholes about it, but I still felt defeated, after all my work to become a sociable person, I got btfo

I stood my ground, this happened on the very early days, after some time I'm sure people forgot about it and I went through highschool without major problems ( by avoiding any seminar/presentation/reading out loud ) on the last year some new sluts came into the classroom, most school knew me, I was popular and had a lot of friends

And I hated them

Even tho they were all friendly with me, I still hate them

No, I don't care if Thalia is hot, she is a fucking slut I won't go out with her

I hate these people, I hate their personalities, I hate how they act, the only reason I befriended them in the first place was because people told it would get better, I would not feel as bad, but I still do, fuck I feel worse for associating with those people

But I always pretended, even for myself that I enjoyed being around them

College I was in a similar view on the first semester, still forcing myself to be nice, I always believed with all my power that if I made normie friends, I would become one of them all I had to do was being completely nice and receptive like my parents and my therapist believed

But it didn't work

>> No.2966613

>>2966598

There's a lot of weird ego shit going on in this post, and I don't think you're aware of it at all

Why does your entire world hinge on how well you do reading in front of a class? Or if they laugh at you? I just did a presentation at the end of the semester, everyone went up and did a fantastic presentation, I had my cue cards in my face, shaking the whole time, barely keeping it together. I could hear people giggling too. You know what? It's fine. Nobody likes to do presentations and some people have a really hard time with it and look a bit silly, but that doesn't mean people hate you or they think you're pathetic. You're head tripping super hard and you're totally oblivious to it.

All this weird shit about a 'slut', hating people, needing to have 'normie' friends, it's all crazy ego shit. It's all a bunch of bullshit. You need to go back into therapy, and if you're not taking medication, go back on it. You are not thinking normally, you have problems that you need to work out. Drop the misanthropic egotistic bullshit act, and fix yourself.

>> No.2966616
File: 50 KB, 550x550, IMG_0661.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2965847
I have the opposite problem
>tfw can't stop drawing and now it's causing me to neglect important shit like school
My brain just associates all mark making utensils with drawing. Whenever I pick up a pencil or pen to take notes I just start drifting off and drawing. The lecture is over before I know it and I don't learn shit.

>> No.2966618

>Be an animation major
>Studio gives storyboard position to someone else
>Assigns me to post-production work

Feels bad.

>> No.2966619
File: 143 KB, 509x196, 1488236379391.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2966488
Toxic is a tricky word, because its a very powerful one, lately I have been wondering if I am toxic because of everything that happened

I could have a lot off ''friends'' but I hate them

They are all braindead lefty, liberal, feminist retards, I know they only liked me because I was nice and looked good, I can't associate myself with those people, don't get me wrong I can be friends with a centrist, and I believe in God but I can associate with atheists, budhists without any problem as long as we both respect each other

These feelings of disgust to these people without moral, its so hard to explain in a few words, but I hate those people

Am I toxic because of that? and by being toxic does that makes me a shitty person? after all the good I have done? should I just accept my bad nature or fight it?

I don't think my parents are being show in the correct light, yea they are assholes when the subject is life, they only believe in studying and grinding, but apart from that they are nice people, very prestative, friendly, sociable and respectful ( my dad can be a bit of a alcoholic to the point he even crashed our car, but thats alright )

My parents always believed in facing your problems and grinding, but I just do the opposite

I skipped a shit ton of classes, and I always studied 1 day before the test to farm those Bs and Cs, but I got through anyway, they hated me for it, but thats how I work

I hate myself for being such a anti-social edgelord, and hate myself for being a lazy cunt

But at the same time, I did good things to people, and I always stick with my morals and values no matter what so this means I should not feel ashamed for avoiding retards without any value?

I needed to take this out, but I don't trust anybody, at the end I just feel like I'm just brainstorming on a monologue so I'm gonna stop

Thank you anons for the support, I really appreciate that

>> No.2966627

>>2966613
>People really don't care about you, so you can do whatever you want just stop caring
Yea, I read a lot about that but on practice its hard to put on work, like communism

>There's a lot of weird ego shit
Life is egocentrical
You draw because it makes you feel good, you spend hours and hours on a drawing for someone because you care about them

>> No.2966634

>>2966545
>stay in school meme
Are we artists or not here?

>> No.2966646
File: 2.94 MB, 359x346, gevalt.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2966613
>>2966545
Wonder who is behind those posts...

>> No.2966651

>>2966616
Because you know it's a waste of your time and that it's worth more to learn how to better your artwork. You're just holding yourself back by going as well as wasting money.

>> No.2966655

>>2966627
>you spend hours and hours on a drawing for someone because you care about them
what the fuck? you do something for someone what a fucking faggot

>> No.2966658

>>2966627

I'm not saying you can't have an ego, I'm saying yours is extremely unhealthy, and it's hurting you. Compare a Buddhist monk's ego with Elliot Rodgers' ego. Might seem a bit silly, but it's important to recognize that your ego is something that needs to be groomed and tended to through self-reflection and learning, it's not something that needs to be fed. Your mind can either be a well tended garden, or it can be a mess of weeds and insects.

You can either be consumed by your ego, or it can propel you forward. Putting all of your self-esteem on to other people, having such extreme expectations for approval, expressing such misanthropy, this is not a healthy ego.

>> No.2966669

>>2966646

Ohhh! I know, you're implying something. I've read about it, sometimes people in the 4 chans do this thing called implying where they imply implications. It was also featured on an article of the WSJ

>> No.2966672
File: 571 KB, 916x1100, merc_wip.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>2966505
Here it is.

>> No.2966673

>>2966021
don't you have pens or pencils to sketch with?

>> No.2966759

>>2965847
Why? Care to specify op?
Youre just laking Motivation.

>> No.2966762

>>2966759
How can one lack motivation and get into drawing? It's like being a doctor but not wanting to save people.

>> No.2966782

>>2966762
"He lost his will to draw" thats what i wanted to say.
Many plebs force their way into art thinking its easy but the year long grind to git gud realy sucks the will out of you.

>> No.2966830

>>2966427
Drop out of college, get a job, use all your spare time to improve your art. Your father is right, you're a privileged little sissy. Be a fucking adult

>> No.2966839

>>2966830
Don't list to your father shitposting on /ic/, anon.

>> No.2966842

>>2966368
just ask them to be more specific you nog