[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

View post   

File: 3.92 MB, 5152x2896, DSC00119.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2915239 No.2915239 [Reply] [Original]

Some days i get really motivated and actually do a lot of stuff like drawing and finishing pieces and studying.But most of the time, like today for example , I just can't seem to do anything even though I know i should.

When that happens I usually look at an artist I like and use one of his drawings as a staring point, but it's not working recently.
Any advice on how to recreate those creative and productive outbursts?

>> No.2915281
File: 1.51 MB, 4032x3024, IMG_4094.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'm by no means decent or even good at drawing, but the last few months I've been able to draw at least a little bit whenever possible.

If you're wanting to draw but you're stuck, do some gestures. I really love the human form personally, so sketching out a few gesture poses usually gets my hands working enough to want to make something real.

If you find yourself not drawing, what I've been doing is reminding myself what worthless trash I am if I waste a day and draw nothing. That if I don't draw, the worse possible things could happen to what little ability I've cultivated. It's created a real sense of urgency to draw for me. Like, if I don't, I may find myself devoid of any hope or happiness. Left to drown without a means of depicting it.

And also drawing attractive things. Draw cute girls or guys. If I drew a smile on her face, may as well give her nice clothing, some nice things, etc.

Here's some shitty sketches from my sketchbook.

>> No.2915308

>>2915239
Drawing isn't always gonna be fun.
The best thing to do is to develop a habit of continuing to draw even when you're not enjoying it much.
After repeatedly forcing yourself to draw when you don't feel like it, eventually it doesn't feel like a big deal.
Like it may be boring but it won't be difficult to do, if that makes sense.
And don't forget that it's not bad to take a break from studying to draw fun things when you feel like you're losing sight of why you started drawing in the first place.