[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

View post   

File: 2.51 MB, 320x227, fresh NEW filenames.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2861375 No.2861375 [Reply] [Original]

I'm a shit artist. Barely one level above an absolute fucking beginner. But that's neither here nor there.

I know about the concepts I have to learn. I also know that the best way to go about learning them is applying and thinking about these concepts while drawing from life.

But here's where I have problems starting. Drawing from life is pretty restrictive. I live a 9 to 5 day, so sources for things to draw directly from life are pretty limited. On top of that: I heard that drawing directly from photograph may be detrimental to learning. I'd love to get started and just to keep going, but I find myself restricted by having something to fucking draw. Even the gesture websites start getting repetitive, and I've seen each picture almost twice.

How do you jump in and practice, without wasting so much time digging for source material? Work eats up a lot of time, so I want to spend as little time as possible to prepare to draw.

>> No.2861376

Just fucking draw.

>> No.2861382

>>2861375
Not gonna make it.

>> No.2861383

>>2861375
use a whiteboard, write what you'll draw today and tomorrow you'll figure it out how to use one properly to gather thoughts with youtubing I don't have to write an essay

>> No.2863723

>>2861375
>Consistently Finding Sources Anonymous 02/14/17(Tue)21:56:45 No.2861375▶>>2861382 >>2861383

Well, you won't like it but

go to bed early, no nightlife
wake up early, fucking early, every single day, like 4:00am early

Draw. Draw in the morning BEFORE WORK that is the most important part. Draw at the same time every single day.

If you stick to that you will make it, legememe or not.

have a nice day