[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

View post   

File: 7 KB, 256x256, AFaSMgsv.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2817133 No.2817133 [Reply] [Original]

I'd like to take an online courses on art mentors, but I don't know if it really worth it. It's a bit expensive for me so I need your opinion if you already intended an online course on this website.

>> No.2817139
File: 50 KB, 500x333, FgHCPru.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I think if their is the opportunity for you to attend courses from talented individuals and you can afford it its a no brainer considering that you would save alot of time aimlessly wandering around in the dark web trying to figure shit out yourself because although the web has pretty much all the information you need theirs simply no one to spoon feed you and respond to each and every one of your drawings critiquing you on the way.

tl;dr If you can afford it and the results of others going their seem worth it jump right in otherwise join the rest of us strugglers in the great battle.

>> No.2817146

>>2817133
I've been on New Masters Academy (I see that many instructors are the same) for 1 month and I think this kind of stuff is just not necessary.

I'm not saying it's bad by any means since there's always something to learn, but it won't get you anywhere further than thorough study of a few good texts.

I've found the multiple instructors on NMA dispersive, many of the lessons were redundant, some instructors were great at drawing but terrible at teaching, some were great at teaching but terrible at putting that into practice for you to see. Also the video format isn't necessarily an advantage, many lessons were full of fluff and it was bothersome to look things up when you needed them. Since there's no textbook to accompany the lessons, you'll end up referencing books anyway.

My 2 cents. If you're short on money, don't worry about these courses unless you're having huge trouble understanding your textbooks.

>> No.2817169
File: 364 KB, 1753x970, artmentors.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I bought Vilppu's first Art Mentor's program and participated when it was live and still have the files.

Firstly, you need to have the passion to follow through the lessons with the position of learning and drawing.

If you do buy a lesson, it's on you to make that $300 investment return with your own drawing and digesting of the video content.

The only instructor I've been interested in is Vilppu on both Art Mentors and NMA, this is why I purchased anything from either website and know what to expect from him.

It's apparent even after going through that workshop and studying every so often that my drawings from imagination are still lacking but I've taken on his methodology and do work easier with it.

You can just be a cheapskate and pirate stuff like most people do though; no I won't upload my archive.