[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

View post   

File: 461 KB, 1000x868, download.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
2202901 No.2202901 [Reply] [Original]

i feel like total shit /ic/

im embarassed about my work. it's just fucking bad. what do i do?

i want to do commercial art for a living, in whatever way possible or whatever way is profitable. i don't even care about art that much anymore. fuck i'm usually very positive and forward thinkingbut right now i'm a bit of a mess because i look at my work and IM FUCKING ASHAMEd. ITS FUCKING GARBAGE. yet i'm putting it out there like i had no self respect.

and people judge you. they don't realize we as artists learn and grow and improve... if your work is garbage now, you are a garbage artist and that's it...

god im fucking depressed right now.

>pic related
not mine but mine is equally vomit inducing.

>> No.2202903

>>2202901
>i don't even care about art that much anymore
there's your problem

>they don't realize we as artists learn and grow and improve... if your work is garbage now, you are a garbage artist and that's it...
Nope, people can recognize growth and if you start doing good work people will notice.

>> No.2202904

>>2202901

whats so bad about that piece?

>> No.2202906

>>2202901
pic related is cool though

>> No.2202907
File: 104 KB, 622x626, a8a.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>Jonas De Ro Peice
>Vomit Inducing

Haha. Get fucked OP.

>> No.2202913

>>2202903
This. Pretty much every DA gallery or old Ca.org sketchbook of professionals who posted work while they were improving is full of people going "wow, how did you get so good?" "damn, you've improved so much over the years!" etc. Also, nothing impresses non-artists more than a before - after comparison of an artist who got very good and started out really shitty.

OP is either full of shit or just didn't improve at all.

>> No.2202914
File: 159 KB, 1500x1500, 1437762329449.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.2202933

>>2202901
Shut up and git gud

>> No.2202960

>>2202901
>if your work is garbage now, you are a garbage artist and that's it...
Literally everyone who is good started out producing nothing but garbage. Does that make them a garbage artist today?

Do you really believe that if you produce incredible work 10 years down the line, people will discredit you for what you made today?

Nobody judges a person's current skill based of when they were still learning in the past. There are only two potential outcomes once you are skilled:
-people will see your old but still good work and say "he's clearly talented"
-people will see your old but shitty work and say "wow, he sure worked hard"

If the fear of producing shit work is keeping you from working on your craft, then you'll never improve as you clearly don't have what it takes. Your options are to get over that fear - a fear that's more common than you think - or to give up.

tldr; Go read Art & Fear and The Art Spirit