[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

View post   

File: 38 KB, 240x280, 1383796767190.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1952912 No.1952912 [Reply] [Original]

Let's have a thread to reflect on how /ic/ has affected us and what we can do to continue on.

Based on Moot's last Q&A where he mentions about the positive outcomes of using 4chan to interact with other like minded people how has /ic/ affected you?

Have you met anyone who happens to go on /ic/ in the world? Has /ic/ been a positive influence to your artistic development? What would you like to see changed on /ic/?

I personally want this place to continue for decades to come it holds much potential for both beginners and experienced Artists alike. I do not know of any other place that is simmilar to /ic/ other than the art board on 4+4 chan, /ic/ is truly a unique place not found anywhere else.

>> No.1952925

I learned how to take critiques and what sources are good for studying
I understand that everyone is self conscious about their art and what people think and it's helped me be more confident
I've learned the importance of drawing a lot and studying the fundamentals
I'm now the best artist in my class of weaboos

>> No.1952926

>>1952912

Yep, this place help me to find out what are the fundamentals and the books that increase drawing skills. Before discovering this site, I have tried to find in the internet tutorials but the only things I had found was bad anime drawings, Shitholes who do speedpaints and name it as tutorials and this place have the anonymity, because I'm very shy and have a shitty skill in art as in English.

>> No.1952940

>>1952912
/ic/ its been an important point in my drawing life, this is where I got serious, learn about fundamentals and so forth, also its a funny place, I really dont mind about anons posting memes or replying stupid stuff

>> No.1952945

/ic/ shown me what it takes to git gud. What I should be studying and how I should be working and to really stop worrying about specifics and semantics. It really has had a huge impact on how I draw for the better.

>> No.1952946

the best thing that can be said about /ic/ is that you don't have to be well known to get attention.

anyone can post something and receive praise or critique. it's not like dA or tumblr where your work goes largely unnoticed unless you really work the machine. You can draw however you like and get feedback on /ic/.

>> No.1952954

>>1952912
>>1952912
speaking of Moot, im sick of hearing his voice, how do I turn him off?

>> No.1952955

>>1952912
/ic/ showed me the light and basically gave me positive insight that it's possible for anyone to draw, slowly turning my dreams into a reality.

Other websites seemed overwhelming as to what can be offered in teachings and I was never sure what I was doing right or wrong. /ic/ is straight to the point and will give you guidance to determined how you can improve. Love it.

>> No.1952957

>>1952912

Introduced me to great books, artists, animators, and illustrators.

>> No.1952959

You people who say that /ic/ helped you, showed you book, resources, ways of studying and so on, is that all knowledge boiled down to the wiki or is there other stuff worth knowing?

>> No.1952977

>>1952959

You can learn a lot of things when a d/ic/k redline your drawing or another anon, sometimes they have the same problems as you.

The only problem that have this board is a very slow one, I felt like only 5 or 10 people post here.

>> No.1952980

Unbiased critique is PRICELESS. People seriously underestimate how important this is to improvement. Yes, you can flip your image, you can self-critique, but you will miss stuff.

>> No.1953021

Before /ic/ i was trying interests like programing(/g/ tard) after a few months were logical thinking wears me down and became uninteresting, then i realized I'm left handed that gave me insight of my abilities like most of my drawings before where kinda ok, looked around /ic/, reed the sticky, downloaded and reed books.

Now since 2013, I have started to go on with the fundamentals and seeing improvement one drawing at a time. Yes I'm slow.