[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

View post   

File: 589 KB, 3732x2428, Fate Trio vs Rufus.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1654049 No.1654049[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Hey, /ic/! I was redirected here by an Anon from /co/. I had an idea for a comic I'd like to share with you.

It's about three teenagers, maybe a bit older, early 20s, maybe, with magical powers who are pursued by a dark-elf-like man for an unknown reason (but found out later on).

So far I have a very odd setting for their world. It's kind of a mix of Past, Present, and Future.

I would just like some tips and ideas from you guys if that's not too much trouble, and if anybody would know a program better than Flash CS6 to use for a comic, that's be awesome.

If you wanna read a script of how I want the story to kind of start, here's a pastebin link.

pastebin.com /83GyLkAk

Pic related are concepts for the Trio and the villain. I know the art's a bit shitty, it was drawn fast, and I'm a bit better with pencil and paper rather than a mouse.

>> No.1654051

Out of curiosity, how old are you?

>> No.1654052

>>1654051
Just turned 19. I know, my digital art is god awful. I'm not very skilled at drawing with a mouse.

I'm thinking of investing in both a tablet, and a scanner.

>> No.1654053

>>1654049
Do you have any pencil sketches of your characters?

>> No.1654056

>>1654053
Yeah, a lot of them in random folders.

Now, my biggest issue is, well, my scanner's busted and I can't really trace well by looking at one of my drawings.

I have Pencil Sketches, some drawn in pen, pictures of locations, characters, Notebook pages with dialogue and Ideas...

>> No.1654060

>>1654052
It is not about your drawing skills.

>> No.1654061

>>1654060
I apologize, I don't follow? Is it the way I write?

>> No.1654067
File: 1.65 MB, 200x150, Ne0rn.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1654049

>> No.1654071

>>1654061
You write fine, the problem is about what you write about, this subject
> I had an idea for a comic
>It's about three teenagers, maybe a bit older [...] with magical powers who are pursued by a dark-elf-like man
>If you wanna read a script of how I want the story
>Pic related are concepts for the Trio and the villain

Also your naivety contributes to suggesting that you are not very mature. Don't worry, it is still kind of natural for your age, albeit I thought you would be younger.

Concerning the original topic, I think that Deviant Art would offer you more interest about your comic. I'm not trying to be adversative, it is just a suggestion.

I suggest using PaintTool SAI for starting, I also suggest buying a drawing tablet (drawing with a mouse is a pain in the ass). Or you could draw entirely using vectors, for that I recommend Illustrator.

>> No.1654072

>>1654071
I don't like to admit it, but I posted this on deviantart a while ago.

While I don't favor the site, it's still good to get started on there.

And yeah, drawing with a mouse is annoying and it cramps my hands. I'm thinking of getting a DigiPro tablet.

>> No.1654074

>>1654049

Listen, before you get baited. This board, 'ic: artwork and critique,' has a strong critique component.

You are waaayyy outside of your range, in attempting to create a comic. You need to work on learning how to draw first. I suggest you look through a few of your favorite comics while spending a year or two working on what's available in the sticky.

Also, after skimming your 'script,' all I can tell you is that you would benefit from enrolling in a few English language and literature classes. Also, just read more if youre not already.

Storytelling is not easy, in any form. To do it right takes a lot of work. If you care, if you appreciate the artistry of what youre doing, you won't mind taking several years to pull it together. If you approximate the outcome and are ingenue in your pursuit, no one will respect you and your work will be forgotten before it's published. This goes for anything really. Good luck.

>> No.1654076

>>1654067
LOL

>> No.1654078
File: 14 KB, 299x289, 132140559555.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1654072
>DigiPro tablet

>> No.1654081

>>1654074
I can draw, just not with a mouse, but I understand what you're getting at.

I am not a very good writer. I get ideas I want to write, and I just jot down what comes to mind. I need to focus on sharpening my writing and buy a good tablet to draw with. I assure you what you see here is a lot of shit. It's just a concept I wanted to share. Thanks for the advice, I understand I need a lot of work, I'm probably not going to REALLY start on this for maybe even a year or two until I've really learned more.

The mind is always open to knowledge.

>> No.1654095

If anybody has any advice or ideas, email me. I'm going to bed and will not be able to access my computer for awhile.

frankieforever@live.com

>> No.1654098

>>1654081
>I can draw, just not with a mouse
How are you kidding? yourself? you can tell an artist that knows his fundamentals apart even if he is using a stone.
Your lack of knowledge and skill is showing, and your defence against criticism, even more.

>> No.1654124 [DELETED] 
File: 224 KB, 372x325, cWgwzIy.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1654098
>you can tell an artist that knows his fundamentals apart even if he is using a stone.

>> No.1654125

Allright so
Your cartoon idea is potentially boring.
You have posted no evidence showing your artistic abillities.
I wish you the best of luck in your attempts at making it everything you want it to be.
I do however suggest that you take every single oppertunity and chance to improve at your fundamentals, They will ALWAYS be relevant.

>> No.1654127

>>1654124
how the fuck is that edgy?
do I have to spoonfeed you the mayamay?

>> No.1654133

>>1654124

he is right. edgy my ass

>> No.1654134
File: 121 KB, 640x480, 1386586432974.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

This is why I hate most amateurs who are inspired by cartoons because those dumb shits like OP thinks he draw because his drawing kinda looks like Adventure Time.

All animators/artists/whatever, I mean ALL of them learn proper fundamentals and know some things about realism before they exaggerate it.
And for the love of God, learn to see your own artwork objectively. I'm not saying to hate yourself and/or your work, but know where to improve.

With that being said read the sticky and post your work in either the draw threads or Alternative style/animu threads.