[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

View post   

File: 110 KB, 500x333, book.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
1578321 No.1578321 [Reply] [Original]

English not very good, sorry.

I'm a pretty shit drawing guy at the present moment (nope, not a "how do I draw good" thread), but I'm currently start work at trying to improve drawing from life (six mo. ago). The end goal is to become a good animator (maybe even break into the field), but Loomis, The Animation Survival Guide and art teachers recommending drawing from life before attempting cartooning.

While maintain that sort of practice, I do on occasion attempt cartoon drawings and find myself quite trouble at it. When I draw from life, you get something of an impression of an image I look at, but drawing from imagination and make this transition from real to cartoon is a little discomforting. Does anyone have any advice as to this matter?

>> No.1578323

>>1578321

Oh yes, I forget.
I try Fun with Loomis but character look like weird-jaw dolls. Also, is hard to learn how to make own style.

>> No.1578357

>>1578352

Ok much thanks. I have often problem with feeling directionless when practice, just drawing random objects at whim.
I hear board /ic/ is slow because people here legitimetley work hard. I see this is true.
I suppose I need to learn from this and work hard too. I may be science student but this is a dream and it needs hard work.

>> No.1578325

>>1578321

One facilitates (helps) the other. The easier it get to draw from imagination the easier it gets to do observational drawing and vice versa.

That said I'd suggest tackling linear perspective first. You are doing that too right?

>> No.1578326

>>1578325

Generally understand concept, I thought these concept become natural when getting impression from drawing from life. Should my regiment include certain topic focus?

>> No.1578352
File: 463 KB, 671x496, m80.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>1578326

These will help you

>> No.1581119

>>1578321
I'm going to make this as simple as possible. Study Glen Vilppu and any other artists like him. He is exactly what you need. Buy his books. Watch his videos. Learn everything you can from him and treat his word as gospel. If you do this, you will improve. If you are persistent enough and try hard enough, you can accomplish your goals this way. Just take my word for it.