Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

2017/01/28: An issue regarding the front page of /jp/ has been fixed. Also, thanks to all who contacted us about sponsorship.

/ic/ - Artwork/Critique

Search:


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
>> No.2895643 [View]
File: 41 KB, 600x600, le hospitalized orangutan face.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2895643

Regardless of what I am outside of it, in the art world, even within the low-brow, vapid kind of expressions of it that I strive so unsuccessfully to produce, I'll never be anything more than a fat little tuna trying in vain to swim upstream. I'm not going to make it...-and I'm devastated. I haven't drawn for several weeks. I'm not going to stop drawing, I just don't have any pretensions of success anymore.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IEbfDtDaUc

>> No.2881669 [View]
File: 41 KB, 600x600, le hospitalized orangutan face.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2881669

>>2881547
You seem like a nice guy (or girl~), Believe me I'm not trying to beat you up or make you feel depressed about your situation but your story as it pertains to RISD is important and is one that ought to be told to completion.

As an aside, just because OP's been accepted does not mean he's locked into going at all as far as I know. Classes don't begin for him for well over a month and he could easily walk away after some light paperwork if he so chooses I would imagine.

>>2881547

First, you haven't even said anything outright negative, you've only been honest about things that were negative i.e. the complete lie that "6 gorillion percent of people that graduate from this school have a job after they leave". This is something they might be able to be sued for, even. If you still have that survey you should post it so we can compare it to how they use post graduation employment rates to promote their school.

Second, nobody gives a shit about what you say with regards to your alma mater; in fact Noah Bradley was doing quite well for himself (before getting cucked by a creepy hipster) almost exclusively BECAUSE he spoke negatively about his alma mater and it went viral (he also attended RISD btw fambino, but dropped out because of the insane tuition rates). With where you're at right now, you have absolutely nothing to lose or to fear. Gnomesaiyan?

>> No.2814102 [View]
File: 41 KB, 600x600, le hospitalized orangutan face.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2814102

>>2814013
Don't get conned into thinking you should settle for a shitty tablet just because it's your first one.

That's like...the opposite of what you should do, lmoa.

The difference between something that blows wiener and one that doesn't is at worst a couple hundred dollars, and it will save you countless hours of frustration that no one should will upon themselves, let alone come out of pocket for. All of these goofy moulinyans talking their Medium tablets up would probably have made it by now if they hadn't spent the past 5 years drawing on a tablet the size of four Totino's® Pizza Rolls that fused together in the microwave.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIoojngT95s

>> No.2812468 [View]
File: 41 KB, 600x600, le hospitalized orangutan face.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2812468

This is true, but I would nonetheless advocate for temperance in employment for those young enough to manage it. There are very few jobs that don't take more than their fair share of mental and physical energy from those engaged in them. Having your own money, alleviating your parents' burden to a degree and making your own purchasing decisions is very important, but at the same time you have your entire life to work.

This is more directed at the 18 year olds and those in their early 20s, but if art is something you'd like to take seriously you'd do well to strongly consider limiting your working hours to 15-20 a week. Spend more of your time during the week refreshed and spend what money you have to sit in on local life-drawing sessions, classes at an atelier, employing a capable tutor (online or off) or simply saving for your own near future when the support network provided by your parents is ultimately removed.

Avoid exorbitant debts, but don't be so quick to fully commit yourself to working either if not absolutely necessary. This is the advice I'd offer myself if I were 16 again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChtPqW8fIfc

>> No.2796564 [View]
File: 41 KB, 600x600, sick orangutan.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2796564

>>2796487
>'memes'

That's nice. Most of us here are interested in drawing though.

>> No.2662704 [View]
File: 41 KB, 600x600, orangutan_square.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
2662704

>>2661971
Delet this



Navigation
View posts [+24] [+48] [+96]