Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

If you can see this message, the SSL certificate expiration has been fixed.
Become a Patron!

/g/ - Technology


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 40 KB, 640x628, 1554938916329.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
72359868 No.72359868 [Reply] [Original] [archived.moe] [rbt]

why is programming so hard

>> No.72359875

>>72359868
Why are you a dumb frogposter?

>> No.72359878

maybe sucking dicks is easier, try that then

>> No.72359884

>>72359868
Because your dumb frog poster.

>> No.72359899

>>72359875
>>72359878
>>72359884
I was always atop of my class when it comes to math so I'm not a brainlet, quite the opposite

>> No.72359903

>>72359899
You didn't answer the question.

>> No.72359907

>>72359875
>dumb frogposter
>>72359884
>your dumb frog poster
please be nice to each other frens

>> No.72359918
File: 40 KB, 800x483, 1545483175020.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
72359918

>>72359903
frogs are funny

>> No.72359919
File: 122 KB, 657x527, 1565304799912.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
72359919

>>72359875
>>72359884

>> No.72359943

>>72359918
that's a toad

>> No.72359944
File: 120 KB, 842x550, shutterstock_182893415.0.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
72359944

maybe programming requires more right brain thinking than what people think.

>> No.72360173

>>72359868
It isnt. Its just time consuming and requires at least 90iq

>> No.72360336

>>72360173
I have plenty of stuff and I don't understand shit

>> No.72360361

Does the first language learnt really have a huge effect afterwards? If I learned python thoroughly first am I fucked if I want to use another language?

>> No.72360414

>>72359944
t. studied humanities and is too stupid for math

>> No.72360450

>>72360173
I wouldn't program without a. Iq of 110 at least

>> No.72360464

>>72359899
what kind of math?

>> No.72360514

>>72360361
if you properpy learn understand something you won't be bound by it
Just don't hammer things in and remember to learn a second, different language a few months in to shake off rigidity

>> No.72360614
File: 264 KB, 1000x1000, 1445813273972.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
72360614

>>72359899
being best at highschool math of 20~ people doesnt make you smart

>> No.72360635
File: 483 KB, 878x538, lel.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
72360635

>>72359868
Like almost every skill, it needs to be decomposed in multiple simple tasks to be understood.

>> No.72360693

>>72359944
>maybe programming requires more right brain thinking than what people think.

nah it's entirely logical aka the left side, hence why so many aspies excel at programming, anyone who claims it's "creative" most likely has never tried doing anything creative like making music, art, etc.

>> No.72360720

>>72360693
Every single claim you've made in this post is incorrect.

>> No.72360745

>>72360720
no, he's right, you can be a great programmer and have no "creative" side

>> No.72360747

>>72360614
Being the best out of 20 puts you at the 95th percentile, which corresponds to an IQ of at least 125 desu.

>> No.72360758

>>72360745
Bzzt, incorrect. Try again, little code monkey Pajeet.

>> No.72360798

>>72360758
I was not talking about myself, but about some of the best programmers I've met. Giving new solutions to maths or programming problems (which they do brilliantly) does not imply any artistic or toucy-feely side.

>> No.72360810
File: 50 KB, 680x670, 1563938526401.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
72360810

>>72360798
>toucy-feely side

>> No.72360814

>>72359884
>your

>> No.72360815

>>72360747
Being the best at taking a shit means you have a 125 iq?

>> No.72360895

>>72360815
>being best at highschool math of 20~ people

>> No.72360898

>>72359944
"I am not stupid i am just a right brain kinda person"

>> No.72360931

>>72360895
you're making an assumpsion that your school math skills correspond 1:1 to iq which is not necessarily true

>> No.72360957

>>72360931
Math and puzzle abilities are about the best IQ indicator there is.

>> No.72360967

>>72360814
>this nu

>> No.72360978

>>72360967
>merely pretending to be retarded

>> No.72360995

>>72360957
if i spend my time learning math my iq will not increase

>> No.72360996

>>72359868
Pointers made my brain sperg out for a long time for some reason
One day it clicked and it was smooth sailing from there

>> No.72361019

>>72360978
>THAT GNU
wow

>> No.72361049

>>72360747
High school math means nothing, that's moronic.

>> No.72361064

>pointers
>recursion
>data structures
>algorithm analysis and design
learn in that order

>> No.72361074

go to community college and get an associates in CS

>> No.72361075

>>72359868
To keep jobs and opportunities outta da community.

>> No.72361150

>>72360995
>if i spend my time learning math my iq will not increase
Of course it will. Perhaps you have the wrong idea of what IQ and the g factor mean? It's not some immutable constant score, oh if only things were that simple.

>> No.72361340

>>72359868
because programming languages are not written by practicing programmers

>> No.72361536

>>72361150
everyone told me im born with my iq and can't change it, thank you for giving me hope i guess

>> No.72361682

>>72361536
IQ is a meme and really has nothing to do with intelligence
life isn't a game where there is one stat INT that describes how intelligent you are it's much more complex and you can't define it with a simple test.

>> No.72361792

Intelligence doesn't really have a lot to do with it. Whether you are intelligent or not, you WILL run into issues, and you will struggle through them. What ends up mattering a lot more is perseverance.

>> No.72361904

>>72361792
agree with this. when I first got into I thought it was all skills and either you have it or you don't. then when you start working you realize it's about efficient problem solving like every other job on the planet. personal projects you start from scratch help.

>> No.72361940

>>72359899
Clearly English isn't your best skill either

>> No.72361944

>>72359944
Why are both of my brains full of autism

>> No.72361979

>>72360810
Why are these so fucking funny

>> No.72363772

>>72359899
stop being a jew/asian

>> No.72363897
File: 272 KB, 600x583, pepe_gun_panties.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
72363897

>>72359875
>>72359884

>> No.72364608
File: 67 KB, 323x373, 72d.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
72364608

>>72359899
>I was always atop of my class

>> No.72364678

>>72359899
In what, grade ten?

>> No.72365197
File: 60 KB, 790x261, 790px-Touch_typing.svg.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
72365197

>>72359868
I teach an hour of programming at a Sunday school and almost every parent has asked me that exact question or some flavor of it. The answer is simple: because most people learning how to program are more concerned with ""learning how to program" than actually programming.

Lemme ask you: why is typing so trivial? It isn't an academic subject that's taught in schools. It isn't a part of basic education. It's needed to interact with computers (see the pattern). Yet 1/7th of the world can type at an okay-ish speed. Why? Because it's a way of expressing thoughts. No one memorizes pic related or studies the different types of keyboards. No one makes sure each finger is spaced for optimal key coverage. Everyone just goes head first into it and soon their brain got used to it.

But when it comes to programming, everyone approaches it like it's some academic scholarly stuff that requires books and discussion and bootcamps. They will spend days choosing the best language for programming, the best IDE for programming, the best compiler for programming, the best OS for programming, the best hardware for programming, the best book for programming, but they aren't willing to bite the bullet and actually start programming.

So there you have it: programming is hard because you've been following the words of some poor old sod who likes hearing their own voice and haven't tried figuring it out on your own.

Go-to projecteuler.net and attempt the first 5 problems. Almost every single problem there can be solved with nested for loops and they give you optimized answers and the reasoning behind them afterwards. Take a problem, Think about how to do it, google the low level stuff you don't know about (eg: how to insert an element at xth index in X language) and then code it up and get the answer.

One day programming is gonna click for you and youre gonna lament at all the time you wasted thinking it was hard cause everyone around you wanted you to believe it was hard.

>> No.72365248

>>72360747
this is idiotic, if you're the best at math in class full of 90IQ retartds it doesn't mean you're in the top percentile. that's not how IQ works brainlet.

>> No.72365260

>>72359868
>why is programming so hard

*several people are typing*

>> No.72365273

Nothing really worth learning is easy

>> No.72365304

>>72359868
Because computers are autistic little shits and humans constantly make mistakes

>> No.72365366
File: 75 KB, 499x342, 1560799630653.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
72365366

>>72359944
I can't into logic or get creative. Maybe I don't have a brain.

>> No.72366057

>>72365366
same
it sucks man

>> No.72366623

>>72359868
Because you lack discipline. You could be programming something, improving your skills, but instead you're here, complaining about how difficult it is.

It's only difficult for the first little while, then it gets a lot easier, just keep going.

>> No.72366635

>>72359868
Because you're a fucking retard, as demonstrated by your image choice.

>> No.72366637

>>72361150
you are wrong IQ cannot be increased via learning

>> No.72366650

>>72359868
The same reason why all sciences harder than economics are difficult: they were all developed by autists for autists and are taught exclusively by autists.

>> No.72366660

>>72359868
What about programming do you find difficult?

>> No.72366677

"It is as if there are two populations: those who can [program], and those who cannot [program], each with its own independent bell curve." https://blog.codinghorror.com/separating-programming-sheep-from-non-programming-goats/

>> No.72366688

>>72365248
>if you're the best at math in class full of 90IQ retartds it doesn't mean you're in the top percentile
that's great buddy, did you work that out yourself?

>> No.72366697

>>72365248
>being good at stuff is bad

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
E-mail
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action