Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

/vt/ is now archived.Become a Patron!

/g/ - Technology


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 236 KB, 1024x1024, 2200g laughing.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
72016318 No.72016318 [Reply] [Original] [archived.moe] [rbt]

FACT: if you need more than this for ANYTHING , whether gayming, encoding, writing code etc, then you are a Fa/g/got. Simple as that.

This chip is the PEAK of price, performance, power use, and productivity.

>> No.72016328

>>72016318
>2200G
>Not V1605B which enables infinitely more portable solutions

>> No.72016374

>>72016318
Does it have excellent, and cheap boards? I'm desperately needing a few cheap low watt PCs for my projects.

>> No.72016381

>>72016374
>excellent=ecc

>> No.72016405

>>72016374
What are the projects?

>> No.72016483

>IT'S NOT THAT I CAN'T AFFORD IT
>I DON'T CARE WHAT OTHER PEOPLE NEED
>THEY'RE WRONG, BECAUSE I MUST BE RIGHT
the sourest grapes in the grapeverse

>> No.72016533
File: 3 KB, 160x160, AbeOik6.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
72016533

>>72016318

>> No.72016538

>>72016318
I have an i7-2700 APU :)

>> No.72016554

>>72016318
If the people at Disney used these to render Simba's feline asshole the film would've come out 10 years from now
But yes, these are amazing for ITX builds

>> No.72016577
File: 289 KB, 500x375, file.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
72016577

>4 cores/4 threads
>in 2019

ISHYGDDT

>> No.72016582

>not the 3400G
yikes

>> No.72016733

>>72016318
Go cope somewhere else. And take your chink chip with you.

>> No.72017031

>>72016577
For an office machine.

>> No.72017042

>>72016318
>Caring about price/performance.

>> No.72017095
File: 81 KB, 1280x720, nissan-micra-2010-01[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
72017095

Seeing as we are rationalizing being poor. If you need anything more than pic related for anything then you are a Fa/g/got. Simple as that.

>> No.72017134

>>72016318
So, if I'm not a brainless consumerist an APU won't cut it, understandable.

>> No.72017146

>>72016318
I like the idea of not needing a discrete GPU but I'm greedy and want better performance than my outdated 750ti; maybe the next-gen Ryzen APUs will be good enough

>> No.72017184

>>72016577
What the hell is that acronym?

>> No.72017193

>>72017184
How new

>> No.72017201

>>72016554
The world would be a much better place if that trash had never been made, but your point is noted. Also I have a much more powerful PC but I do like the efficiency of the 2200g and use it for an office machine.

>> No.72017341

>>72017201
>2200G for a office machine
a fucking $4 i3 can do that

waiting on 5ghz 12 core navi apus

>> No.72017364

>>72016374
Buy an ASRock ITX board with a little passively cooled Pentium Jxxxx
10w TDP, fanless, PCIe, SATA, gigabit lan, etc.

>> No.72017404

>>72017184
ISHYDFDTYFN

>> No.72017452
File: 28 KB, 1027x731, apu.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
72017452

where i can find kaveri apu?
kaveri means friend

>> No.72017458

>>72017184
I sure hope you guys dont do this

>> No.72017483

Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 and Nvidia 710 GT, don't need any Ryzen/APU

>> No.72017513

>>72017452
ebay

>> No.72017652

>>72017193
Not him but I also never knew or gave a fuck about that acronym.

>> No.72017690

>>72017652
Because you’re new as fuck too.

>> No.72017789

>>72016318
Waiting for zen2 APU for that sweet sweet 7nm process, intell is going to have a hard time next year.

>> No.72017822

>>72017690
It's ok, you fit in.

>> No.72017924

>>72016318
>Because no one here uses older, already existing hardware and is perfectly OK with it

>> No.72018088

>>72016374
Buy a case of 24 atomic pis

>> No.72018105

>>72017789
Waiting for this but the embedded versions, delaying my DIY laptop build until they come out.

>> No.72018344

>>72016374
Raspberry pi 4 nigga

>> No.72018623

>>72017095
It's true though, big cars are useless for people who don't live in the countryside, unless they have a small penis that they feel the need to compensate for.

>> No.72018725

>>72018623
Well, there are other reasons to get a big car. If you're a homeowner you might want to repair something around the house without having to rent a van from the hardware store. Or you just have a large family. Doesn't really justify a truck though. I'm all for station wagons, but that's probably a European thing.

>> No.72018745

cuda

>> No.72018836
File: 53 KB, 1001x560, 4L_sxtopA7J.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
72018836

>>72018623
>t. cuckmobile driver

>> No.72018875

>>72017364
Those are so tempting as a little Nas or tv box. I just bought a Celeron N4100 laptop and I was surprised how usable it is.
If Tremont delivers I will get a fanless mini-ITX Tremont box next year

>> No.72018917

>>72018623
Having a family or actually needing to transport anything larger than a PC case, you urbanite filth

>> No.72019304

>>72018725
>If you're a homeowner you might want to repair something around the house
Why not just call a professional to do the job for you? Owning a truck for repairing something once a year seems overkill.
>Or you just have a large family.
Do trucks in the US have more than 5 seats? Station wagons usually have 5 seats only too.
>>72018836
>t. micropenis
>>72018917
Since you insulted me for living in an urban area I assume you live in the countryside, which is the reason I listed for needing a big car, thus we agree. The reason why you felt the need to respond and insult me must be that you felt called out about your small penis.

>> No.72019317

Is "APU" actually a term or just some buzzword-y thing made up by AMD?

>> No.72019908

>>72019317
It means Advanced Processing Unit, the reason why it's called this is that it includes a CPU and a GPU which is more powerful than integrated GPUs found in normal processors.

>> No.72020592
File: 273 KB, 245x281, 1559337030677.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
72020592

But I do OP

My Lenovo is rocking a based 3500u

4c/8t, 20gb ddr4 @2666 and Vega 8 graphics...

Good enuff to play Apex, edit photos and videos and the battery lasts all fucking day...

>> No.72020827

>>72019908
But I like having a dedicated GPU and VRAM.

>> No.72021130

>>72019317
apu sounds like the name of the guys who would be amd in the first place

>> No.72021203

>>72019304
>Why not just call a professional to do the job for you?
Because DIY is the best solution for technology both modern and primitive

>> No.72021216

>>72017652
>Being this new

>> No.72021221

>>72020592
>3500u
Fucking based. Recently bought a HP with the same CPU with 8gb of RAM. Now know why everyone is laughing at Intelcucks.

>> No.72021238

>>72021221
Intel cucks are paying almost twice as much for half(iGPU) the performance...sad sad

>> No.72022046

>>72016318
come back when it's 8c/16t with a good amount of Navi/next gen CU's next to HBMeme on the package

>> No.72022197

>>72017184
I sincerely hope you aren't this fucking new, newfag

>> No.72022950

>>72016318
>FACT: if you need more than this for ANYTHING , whether gayming, encoding, writing code etc, then you are a Fa/g/got. Simple as that.
Fact: Not a single Ryzen chip can run Assassin's Creed Origins at [email protected] in at least High Quality preset and you're a faggot if you think that playing games in lower visual qualities is acceptable.
Kill yourself.

>> No.72023035

>>72017184
I shiggy diggy

>> No.72023071

>>72022950
>Fact: Not a single Ryzen chip can run Assassin's Creed Origins at [email protected] in at least High Quality preset
???
Completely wrong.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OtN2DyVMv4s
Here is a R5 3600 with a 5700XT running it above 80fps at 1440p, above 90fps at 1080p.

>> No.72023082

>>72022950
>>72023071
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaj5oNEKlho
Here is another video with the R5 3600 (Note: other AMD chips are much better than this!), with a worse GPU (1660ti) running it between 70-100 fps on very high

>> No.72023094

>>72022950
>>72023071
>>72023082
https://youtu.be/H1IRynQcLkM?t=203
both the 2600 and 3600 can do it in this video, skip to 3:23

>> No.72023127

>>72022950
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XPnh3B2qf0
3440x1440, 160% res scaling, ultra ultra ultra very high etc.
so that's actually much higher than 4k
and its 60fps+

>> No.72023133

>>72022197
>sincerely
The fucking irony

>> No.72023148

>>72016318
>everyone should live with the bare necessities
gay

>> No.72023208

>>72023071
>>72023082
>>72023094
>>72023127
>FACT: if you need more than this for ANYTHING
FACT: Every single one of those videos needs more than just the APU to get the desired result :^)

>> No.72023237

>>72023208
Good luck running anything on just the APU, retard.

>> No.72023255

>>72023237
The retard here is the OP.
What you're saying right now is MY point, retard.

>> No.72023280

>>72023255
>Fact: Not a single Ryzen chip can run Assassin's Creed Origins at [email protected] in at least High Quality preset and you're a faggot if you think that playing games in lower visual qualities is acceptable.
You're not fooling anyone, retard.

>> No.72023284

>>72016318
>2200G
>Not 2400/3400G
Still, the real APU masterrace will be 7nm Ryzen 4000 series APUs

>> No.72023298

>>72019317
AFAIK it's just a buzzword. It's just integrated graphics like what's on intel core chips.

>> No.72023318

>>72016318
>using a shitty APU to compile my browser in gentoo
no, thanks. I'll just use my 16 threaded, non apu ryzen

>> No.72023324

>>72019317
>>72019908
>>72020827
Actually it's Accelerated not Advanced which makes even less sense, since they CPU in an APU is usually slower/has less cores than a non-APU CPU...

>> No.72023342

>>72023280
>FACT: if you need more than this for ANYTHING
You're only fooling yourself, retard.
You can't run AC Origins at [email protected] on High Quality with the APU alone.
OP is a faggot and so are (You). Kill yourselves.

>> No.72023345

>>72023324
>marketing buzzwords makes no sense
oh shit nigger someone alert the pohlees

>> No.72023369
File: 253 KB, 600x536, 1547607468317.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
72023369

>>72023342
>still trying to save face
Embarrassing.

>> No.72023394

>>72016318
>I'm too poor to get anything else
Got it. No need to start an entire thread about being poor.

>> No.72023432

>>72023369
>Say retarded shit
>Be wrong
>Get called out for it
And you say that I'm the one trying to save face?
HMM...

>> No.72023501

>>72019304
>Don't spend your money on a larger car, just get a cheap shit box and spend your money on professionals to do work you can!
The absolute state of nu males.

>> No.72023506
File: 65 KB, 785x644, 1a0.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
72023506

>>72017452
Here is kaveri apu apustaja for you

>> No.72024484

You're probably going to have to wait until 2022 for AMD to have a solid all around performance APU on the market. DDR5 will eliminate the massive IGP bottleneck. It'll likely be a 5nm part as well, so perf/watt will be absurd.

>> No.72024547

>>72016318
>not speeding up your with compute shaders

>> No.72025268

>>72021203
>>72023501
>implying anybody is capable of doing the job the same way a professional who has years of experience does it
Then why not just buy some land and build your own house instead of paying somebody to do it? Why not buy the parts and build your own phone?

>> No.72025298

>>72020827
Was this comment really necessary, you retard? If you don't want an APU don't buy it.

>> No.72025332

>>72020592
>muh gaymes
>muh battle royale
Off yourself.

>> No.72025361

A10-7300 here
Still working fine

>> No.72025453

>>72016318
>claiming that a mediocre-powered chip is the end-all and anyone with something better is somehow lesser for it
Decent troll. 7/10

>> No.72026404

>>72025453
>Implying that there was any implication on OP's part

>> No.72026608

>>72026404
It's not an implication if he outright stated that you don't need anything but an APU to do whatever you want.

Another Anon already brought this up before in this thread. There's videogames that you can't run decently on it, because the Ryzen APUs are simply not powerful enough, be it on the CPU side or the GPU one.

Granted, the APUs are still great on their own for basically anything else, and even if they can't handle AAA Games acceptably for whoever has high as fuck standards, they still do just fine at lower resolutions like 720p/768p. Not everyone plays videogames for their graphics.

>> No.72027505

>>72016318
>corelet cope coming from an amdrone of all people
If you're a poorfag even within the poorfag brand, you either need to move out of india or take a serious look at your financial situation.

>> No.72027601
File: 437 KB, 1508x1493, hello reddit.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
72027601

>>72017184
you're obviously new here, so I'll clue you in. It's an oldfag /g/ meme that originated when zen dropped.
>Intel
>Shills
>Hoping
>You
>Goys
>Don't
>Desire
>Threads

>> No.72029041

>>72016318
cope

>> No.72029560
File: 11 KB, 802x561, dmidecode.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
72029560

>>72016381
The 2200G doesn't support ECC like other Ryzen CPUs. The memory works, but it doesn't use the parity bit, so it's no better than regular memory.

>> No.72029773

>>72029560
ECC is a meme

>> No.72029900
File: 108 KB, 740x498, AMD-Raven-Ridge-3DMark-11-Performance-740x498.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
72029900

Seeing how fast technology progress for APUs, I'll give it 2 years before we see 1060-ish level of performance, 4 before 1080-ish performance.

>> No.72030648

>>72029900
>I'll give it 2 years before we see 1060-ish level of performance, 4 before 1080-ish performance.
Sure thing faggot

>> No.72031284

>>72023342
oh no, not air conditioner origins

>> No.72033189

>>72023208
>FACT: Every single one of those videos needs more than just the APU to get the desired result :^)
while that is true, you wont see that performance on intel igpus, even on a 9900K

>> No.72033372

>>72017095
>2010 nissan
No, thanks, i prefer cheap and reliable cars.

>> No.72033980

>uses 2200g

*laughs in o/c 2400g*

>> No.72034178

>6/6 at 5ghz+ with igpu

The real kino setup.

>> No.72034238

>>72033189
Nobody here talked about Intel at all except for you.

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
E-mail
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action