Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Due to resource constraints, /g/ and /tg/ will no longer be archived or available. Other archivers continue to archive these boards.Become a Patron!

/g/ - Technology

View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 440 KB, 645x1260, 1445801869438.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
71474026 No.71474026 [Reply] [Original] [archived.moe] [rbt]

>ywn be good at leetcode/whiteboard interview
>ywn work at top tech company
Should I just kill myself?

>> No.71475222

https://www.algoexpert.io/product

>> No.71475295

>>71474026
It's literally just memorization despite all the MUH UNDERSTANDING shit people will tell you. Practice problems using spaced repetition learning and you'll recognize it off the top of your head after like a month of studying

>> No.71475435

>>71475222
Is it worth it? I'll guess I'll try it.
>>71475295
>spaced repetition learning
So I should go back and do same problem after a couple days?
I have a hard time identifying/solving dynamic programming ones at the moment.

>> No.71475501

what do i do if i can't talk good and sound like a retard
as in i slur most of my words cause i have a lazy tounge

>> No.71475538

>>71475435
>So I should go back and do same problem after a couple days?
>I have a hard time identifying/solving dynamic programming ones at the moment.

Yep. The reason you're not getting it isn't because you don't "get" it. The primary issue with learning is that people have gaps in their learning because retention on a single learning session is literally dogshit for the normal person. That's why lectures are so bad but preview, lecture/class, review are better, it's just repetition. You remember some the first time, the second time you remember more by associating the new/missed information with what you already remember and so forth. Spaced repetition is just a more optimized form of repetition, and the idea is you don't get any benefit by trying to cram it for an hour straight, you get way more by revisiting once in a while. But regardless you don't absorb everything in a single go so you need to repeat it, that's the crux of learning.

So basically, take it easy, take your time, and just practice repeatedly over a stretch of time. Doesn't even have to be unique problems desu, although there may be a point where you end up memorizing the words/syntax rather than the operations you're doing so careful of that sort of false association. And the more you've committed to memory the easier it is to recall it during interviews and the more easily you can test things you've learned when facing a new problem.

>> No.71475594

>>71475501
Unless you have a muscle problem you can probably just practice that too. Muscle memory is a thing, sort of. When you speak, speak clearly and exaggeratedly, especially physically. Do you think people with print-like writing and beautiful cursive just started writing perfectly in one day? Or artists who can draw steady lines.

>> No.71476703

>>71475538
Repeat same problem or similar ones?

>> No.71476966

>>71476703
Absolutely similar ones of equal or slightly incresing difficulty. Spaced repetition likely still applies, but not to solidify a certain problem, but recognizing and applying DP.

I am actually not sure if SP applies. That works mostly for retrieval of facts. Competive Programming is a more cognitive skill, and with those, ot seems that consistency matters more that anything else. Think 1 DP every 2 days. Which would be a contradiction to SP. (Which can be fine since different domains of stuff might require different approaches to learn them.) If in doubt, do some reading on SP to make sure whether you want to base your learning strategy on it.

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action