Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

2017/01/28: An issue regarding the front page of /jp/ has been fixed. Also, thanks to all who contacted us about sponsorship.

/g/ - Technology


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 77 KB, 900x900, file.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
70846452 No.70846452 [Reply] [Original] [archived.moe] [rbt]

https://devblogs.microsoft.com/commandline/announcing-wsl-2/

>> No.70846470
File: 34 KB, 680x591, 307.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
70846470

>yfw microsoft did better linux in few years than actual linux developers in their whole lifetime

>> No.70846510

>>70846470
Based

>> No.70846537

>>70846452
Only a matter of time until windows is a linux distro..

>> No.70846545

confirmed b8 thread, move along spergs

>> No.70846548
File: 45 KB, 600x472, 22-5-braxen-pa-vindrutan-3.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
70846548

>>70846470
lincucks destroyed 5ever

>> No.70846570

>>70846452
But does it have to be ubuntu?

>> No.70846575

>>70846452
this is fucking epic guys. there is now literally no reason to use Linux. I can't wait for Tyrone to get back from his date with my gf so I can rub this news in his face! he's been trying to get me to switch to Fedora but now I don't have to =)

>> No.70846587

WINE and Proton make windows obsolete.

>> No.70846607

>tfw windows fucked up their gui so badly they are moving back to cli

>> No.70846621

>>70846537

A *long* time.

>>70846575

I was nearly triggered.

>> No.70846622
File: 45 KB, 850x400, quote-if-microsoft-ever-does-applications-for-linux-it-means-i-ve-won-linus-torvalds-29-60-67.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
70846622

>>70846452
Ever notice how Microsoft's "Linux" doesn't actually use that kernel? It should be called Windows subsystem for GNU, but I guess they just hate freedom too much to do that.

>> No.70846625

>>70846587
Wine/Proton is for gaymen, and why the fuck would I want to use Linux when I can run WSL and have all the advantages of Windows?

>> No.70846628

>>70846470
>>70846452
It still doesn't support linux properly, such as the /proc namespace, meaning c and c++ tools, such as clang sanitizers dont work. They only work properly on real linux

>> No.70846645

>>70846575
kek fedora

>> No.70846647

>>70846452
>windows will be shipping with an entire linux kernel
what the fuck m8
this is some 96D chess right there

>> No.70846657

>>70846470
Linux developers are too busy being trannies and fags

>> No.70846663

>>70846625
>all the advantages of Windows?
Please enlighten me. What are these so-called advantages you speak of?

>> No.70846699

>>70846470
>>70846537
>>70846628
Have you even read the article? They are shipping the Linux kernel (not a copycat) together with Windows and it will be running inside a lightweight VM that is integrated with the Windows system somehow. It's pretty cool but I'm curious how well they are integreated.

>> No.70846718

>>70846663
>Actual software comparability (no, the programs I want to run don't work through wine or gaymerton)
>Better performance with my hardware due to better drivers and DirectX
>Industry standard
>Just werks
Now tell me what are the advantages of Linux

>> No.70846725

>>70846699
probably hyper-V but with linux instead of xp kernel

>> No.70846726

>>70846663
Actual video decoding in browsers, bigger general software palette and backwards comparability ?

>> No.70846731

>>70846663
Oh I donno. Maybe that every application runs on it effortlessly

>> No.70846743

>>70846452
But can windows set a window to always on top without needing a third party software?

>> No.70846755

>>70846470
We're dismantling Windows from the inside, out.Wave your games goodbye,Wintard!

>> No.70846783

>>70846622
WSL 2 will actually use a Linux kernel now. It's to improve compatibility since some of the kernel syscalls weren't implemented properly in WSL1.

>> No.70846804

>>70846699
I was referring to the part with WSL. If it's running in a wm, then it's nothing new

>> No.70846805

>>70846718
>advantages of Linux
I can post in the desktop threads.

>> No.70846818

>>70846743
The entirety of linux is 3rd party software.

>> No.70846825

>>70846805
Manchild faggot, I can't do work if my desktop is some minimal command line waifufag fest

>> No.70846827

>>70846699
At some point it will be viable for windows to be a wrapper around the linux kernel. The business of developing an OS is already a dying one. So why not leverage an existing project to handle part of it for you.

>> No.70846846

>>70846470
initial comment successful comment

>> No.70846858

>>70846804
In WSL 1 stuff like /proc doesn't work but it may work on WSL 2, just that only Linux processes will be visible in it. From the article it sounds like WSL 1 and 2 are easily interchangeable.

>> No.70846910

>>70846718
I have one single reason I still use linux.
It allows me to hack my monitor to run at 72Hz and windows won't let me set it above 60Hz.

>> No.70846941

>>70846452
>>70846470
>>70846510
So, Mr. samefag, please explain to me how this is a bad thing for Linux?
Thousands of potential Winfags can now run Linux seamlessly and a lot of them are likely to go the extra mile and switch to a Linux distro.

I can't see how this can be interpreted as anything but good for Linux.

>> No.70846961
File: 73 KB, 480x360, 362.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
70846961

>>70846470
based
>>70846657
and redpilled

>> No.70847002

>>70846452
YEAR OF THE LINUX DESKTOP

>> No.70847010

>>70846941
>winfags coming to linux is good
>muh year of the linux desktop
Why do you faggots want this? If that ever happens Linux is dead and we'll have to move to BSD or something. Most of the benefits are because normies don't use it, why can't you see that?

>> No.70847034

>>70846537
It's already the only relevant linux distro

>> No.70847038

>>70846941
>likely to go the extra mile
AAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA
linux: SATYA, IM JUST A HOLE SIR

>> No.70847056

>>70847010
Normies are still not going to use it. It's already as bad as it gets.

>> No.70847058

>>70846625
>Wine/Proton is for gaymen
It runs any exe files, retard. Why would I use windows when I can run wine and have all the advantages of windows and none of it's disadvantages?

>> No.70847081

>>70847058
Because Wine doesn't run everything that Windows does, retard, there's a lot of software that I physically need that doesn't run in Wine, and what are these supposed "disadvantages" of Windows, because as it stands I find the whole OS of Windows to be better than Linux

>> No.70847100
File: 117 KB, 580x543, 1556279539265.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
70847100

>yfw Microsoft kills Canonical

>> No.70847106
File: 47 KB, 799x599, linus-torvalds-5.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
70847106

all this distro hopping for nothing

>> No.70847107

>>70847081
>built-in malware, drm and poor performance isn't a disadvantage
Lel

>> No.70847117

>>70846452
if windows has to do something like this it means it's getting desparete for developers, not the other way around
plus it's going to suck and you know it

>> No.70847144

>>70847107
>What malware?
>What DRM?
>What poor performance?
There is no malware, that's just bullshit cooked up by tin foil hats, the DRM literally isn't a problem and if you care so much just crack Windows and the performance is actually better on Windows thanks to better drivers, absolute fucking state of you people

>> No.70847158

>"Now you can run the legit Linux kernel on top of our shitty OS that needs a hundred scripts to disable telemetry and all that nice shit that we use to harvest your data and enhance your experience! Isn't that great?"
Yeah, no thanks. If I want Gahnoo Loonatix, I'll fucking install *buntu and get shit done, not use a crappy VM frontend put together with Band-Aids and Scotch tape

>> No.70847160
File: 112 KB, 1600x1200, 1248973918027.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
70847160

>>70846452
This is so epic

This is what I've been waiting for all these years

I always wanted to run my OS inside a microsoft botnet but the solutions for it just had too many limitations :/

Now I'll finally be able to run my favorite OS AND send all my data to microsoft with barely any performance loss!

What a time to be alive

>> No.70847173 [DELETED] 

finally it took microsoft to do linux right

>> No.70847198
File: 3 KB, 149x54, file.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
70847198

>>70846941
nice one faggot

Sent from my Windows 10 machine

>> No.70847243

>>70846657
This. Unironically.

>> No.70847250

>>70846941
That's not how people with jobs think.
>neat, not i can manage my servers and do my emails/office from one environment

>> No.70847257

>>70846470
DEVELOPERS

>> No.70847263

>>70847144
>There is no malware
Oh fuck off

>> No.70847267

DEVELOPERS!

>> No.70847280

>>70847263
No go on Anon, tell me what malware is built in

>> No.70847286
File: 1.72 MB, 1120x958, runwsl.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
70847286

>>70846452
lmao

>> No.70847468

>>70847280
> putting literal ads based off in my start menu is not malware
> literally putting program installers in my start menu is obviously not something malware would do
> I could totally remove these until there is an update that brings them back idiot!
/g/ 2019.

>> No.70847520

>>70847468
That's harmless you fucking retard, none of my personal info is being sent and I'm not stopped from doing my work like in Linux

>> No.70847632

>>70847280
Show me the source code of windows 10 and I'll point you to the malware. Outside of that, spyware is by definition malware, and w10 has tons of it.

>>70847520
>not stopped from doing my work like in Linux
>update occurs
Use Linux since it doesn't stop your work then.

>> No.70847659

>>70847520
> That's harmless you fucking retard
Holy shit how did you move those goalposts that fast? OY VEY ITS ONLY MALWARE IF I DONT LIKE IT!
>none of my personal info is being sent
Are...are you actually that retarded? You realize how they make money right, or do you just pretended targeted ads aren't a thing?
> I'm not stopped from doing my work
This bitcoin miner running the background doesn't stop me from doing work its fine bro

>> No.70847727

>>70847520
>harmless
Nobody cares about your personal feelings. Adware and spyware may be "harmless" to you, but they're malicious.

>> No.70847735

>>70846452
nah. it's a trap

>> No.70847875

>>70846783
But it has telemetry like powershell

>> No.70847890

>>70846663
drivers

>> No.70848724

Oh boy I can't wait to run Linux programs such as... uh... hm.

>> No.70848742

>>70846657
You're not wrong

>> No.70848765

>we are not competent enough to make WSL good
>let's just ship linux inside hyper-v because we are incompetent
>now you can't even run vmware because hyperv requires exclusivity
>it will allocate and consume ten times more resources
> linux is finished!1

>> No.70848772

Richard M Stallman 2019-05-06 14:48:40
I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Windows, is in fact, GNU/kWindows, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus the Windows kernel. Windows is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX. Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Windows", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is Windows, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Windows is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Windows is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with the Windows kernel added, or GNU/kWindows. All the so-called "Windows" distributions are really distributions of GNU/kWindows.

>> No.70848784
File: 1.21 MB, 537x309, spooky.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
70848784

cool

>> No.70848799
File: 869 KB, 1446x2139, pretentious taytay.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
70848799

>>70846452
finally
us big dicked Windows devs and administrators won't have to have our productivity hobbled by having to touch a Linux desktop or constantly fuck with VMs

>> No.70848805

>>70846452
2019 IS THE YEAR OF THE LINUX DESKTOP

>> No.70848806
File: 591 KB, 259x211, 1555732992486.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
70848806

>>70846657

>> No.70848807

>>70847106
kek good one

>> No.70848816

>>70846452
Basteeeeee

In all seriousness, eat pant, botnetted faglet

>> No.70848833

>>70848799
But it is a VM. And that comes with all the benefits of hyper-v like 2 BSOD per day, loss of data when windows decide to reboot and increased load times

>> No.70848855

>>70847160
/v/ gamers unironically think this.

>> No.70848901

This is great news for me as a software developer, as I no longer need to maintain Windows ports for Unix programs. The Windows ports can be stripped out as Windows users can easily be told to use WSL or fuck off.

>> No.70848946

>>70846452
This is so lame. I liked how WSL was NOT a VM, just ELFs running natively on the windows kernel. Was that just too much work for microsoft?

>> No.70848971 [DELETED] 

<code>Loonixtard=RIP</code>

>> No.70848977

>>70848946
they tried to push linux inside a vm but nobody liked that
so they pushed for wsl and failed miserably because its full of bugs and slow for anything non trivial
now wsl2 is linux inside a vm aka bait and switch

>> No.70848984

>>70848977
And Docker didn't synergized well with it

>> No.70849001
File: 222 KB, 957x526, ms_azure_domination.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
70849001

>>70846452
MS is seriosly kicking ass

>> No.70849006

>>70846470
OHHHHHHHHHH NO NO NO NO NO NOOOOOOOOOOOO

>> No.70849013

Its still a botnet with forced updates, nice try wincuck

>> No.70849250

>>70847468
I've literally never had a single setting change on its own aside from my desktop wallpaper a few times and I've been using Win10 for 4 years

>> No.70849269

The year of the Microsoft desktop has finally arrived, guys. We can finally quit using GNU/Linux which has been going downhill for years now.

>> No.70849282

>>70849269
not even a fishing pole
you disappointed us once again

>> No.70849297

Mmmhm.

>> No.70849303

>>70846452
That is fucking awesome

>> No.70849364

>>70849282
I've used GNU/Linux for nearly 20 years, many of it without having Windows installed at all. It's gone from best OS ever to a complete goddamn mismanaged horrible clusterfuck of bugs and we-don't-give-a-fuck-about-anything attitudes ruining everything. Fuck GNU/Linux right in the ass. Letting Microsoft assimilate it is the best thing that's ever happened to it.

>> No.70849462

>>70849364
Outed yourself as a troll even more unfortunately

>> No.70849752

>>70848833
Does Hyper-V actually do shit like this? Why can't everyone just use VMWare?

>> No.70849785

>>70849364
It was always like that dumbass. You just have nostalgia goggles for how Linux was compared to the Windows 98 shitshow.

>> No.70849875

>>70846657
Fucking based

>> No.70850564

>>70847286
kek

>> No.70850578

>>70846657
Windows users are too busy being trannies and fags

>> No.70850999

Neat. Much more integrated than how I use virtualbox but sounds similar, quicker like they save state maybe. I don't ever plan on using 10 so not really relevant for me, good for people who use 10 literally everyone.

>>70846470
Year of the Microsoft Linux App desktop! EMBRACED

>> No.70851075
File: 144 KB, 600x770, xp.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
70851075

>>70846452
apologize.

>> No.70851086

>installing pajeet coded distro
fuck no

>> No.70851099

>>70846725
>>70846804
it's native idiots, wsl is out for years

>> No.70851106

>>70851099
no, they're talking about wsl2 and that uses hyper-v and it's not "native"

>> No.70851118

>>70846452
Which distribution of Linux is the most suitable for a laptop with only 2GB of RAM and only 1.00 GHz?

>> No.70851121

>>70850578
no u

>> No.70851123

Even if Windows has a integrated Linux Kernel, the Wintards will never use it.

This shit is irrelevant.

>> No.70851128

>>70846452
I'm a wintoddler but this will be useful for me to test my game's linux builds, I see it as a positive thing for both sides.

>> No.70851138

>>70846858
Seems like it's just linux running in a VM.

>> No.70851156

GNU/Linux Distros is for advanced users, Wintroddlers will not understand that OS.

>> No.70851162

>>70846452
Just like with wsl v1? WSL is a buggy joke for plebs.

>> No.70851166

>>70849001
Windows has always dominated the enterprise market.

>> No.70851263

>>70846452
I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Windows, is in fact, GNU/kWindows, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus the Windows kernel. Windows is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX. Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Windows", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is Windows, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Windows is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Windows is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with the Windows kernel added, or GNU/kWindows. All the so-called "Windows" distributions are really distributions of GNU/kWindows.

>> No.70851269

>>70851128

These games will run extremely slow.

>> No.70851278

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Windows, is in fact, GNU/kWindows, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus the Windows kernel. Windows is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX. Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Windows", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project. There really is Windows, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Windows is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Windows is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with the Windows kernel added, or GNU/kWindows. All the so-called "Windows" distributions are really distributions of GNU/kWindows.

>> No.70851307
File: 106 KB, 640x877, 1557097875653.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
70851307

>>70846657
This is the problem. Back in the 90' Linux was great. Slackware was a thing, Red Hat was free, Suse Linux was just Suse…

>> No.70851349
File: 99 KB, 1280x720, bill drinks poo water for charity.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
70851349

BASED BILL

>> No.70851356

>>70846726
>Actual video decoding in browsers
I use a fork of Chromium with VAAPI just fine on Arch, the fuck you smoking?

>> No.70851375
File: 69 KB, 576x382, ganoo car.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
70851375

No reason to use a Linux distro now unless you want to suck Stallman's hairy free-as-in-beer balls, faggots.

>> No.70851380

Wincucks are still playing catch up with the superior POSIX operating systems. What a stupid bunch of pajeets.

>> No.70851396

>>70846470
>did better linux in few years
how is this even a "better linux"? I bet you have never used WSL... or linux

>> No.70851397
File: 48 KB, 500x521, sad.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
70851397

>>70851075
I want her back

>> No.70851399

>>70851375
What if I want to use a decent OS? I don't want to run real software in a buggy compatibility layer like WSL. I also don't want to use a crappy FS like NTFS. And I don't want to be spied on. And I want a decent package manager, a proper web browser, an OS that doesn't require HDD defragging, or require and antivirus, or require a manual just to navigate its maze of directories. Windows is so far behind GNU that it isn't funny.

>> No.70851402

>>70851380
Windows has always dominated the market, fatty.
Now we have your Linux too, time to submit to Bill's big billionaire cock.

>> No.70851413
File: 10 KB, 288x288, face.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
70851413

Everybody's so angry, but I'm just looking forward to having a tabbed terminal that runs both cmd and bash, and even open source. I think it's really cool, and as long as it doesn't break the programs I've made using ncurses, I'll be really happy.

>> No.70851424

>>70851402
>Windows has always dominated the market, fatty.
Because Microsoft cut deals to be pre-installed on computers, so what? Most people don't know their ass from a ()poll in the ground.
>>70851413
Go back to /v/, winjeet.

>> No.70851433
File: 65 KB, 720x960, seabl.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
70851433

>>70851424
>make me

>> No.70851435

>>70851433
Learn to quote.

>> No.70851437

>>70851424
Yeah, because no one will fucking buy a computer who has a broken OS that can't even make audio work decently.
I can see your microphone is crackling, fatty. Time to tinker with your PulseAudio configs until you find a hack fix in a freetard forum that breaks 10 other shit in the process.

>> No.70851447

>>70851437
>Yeah, because no one will fucking buy a computer who has a broken OS that can't even make audio work decently.
Then why do they buy laptops with Windows?
>I can see your microphone is crackling, fatty
Why would I need a microphone?
> Time to tinker with your PulseAudio configs
I use alsa.

>> No.70851448

>>70846452
>>70846470
wait, so Microsoft is admitting here that WSL was a complete waste of time?
also, this looks like a security nightmare, worse than WSL1.

and people here are celebrating that they are shipping an "optimized" linux kernel??? have you ever heard of embedded linux and the other shitload of uses of the linux kernel, you little retards?
well done, MS. you fucked up. again.

>> No.70851458

>>70851413
you can do that already. it's called "seamless mode" in virtualbox

>> No.70851460
File: 559 KB, 200x200, cb5.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
70851460

>>70851435
>lrn2greentxt

>> No.70851461

rip linux time to switch win10 king

>> No.70851464

>>70851399
>What if I want to use a decent OS?
Then install Windows 10.

>> No.70851467

>>70851375
but you will be using yet another distro, retard. this time, one made by microsoft.

>> No.70851475

>>70851447
>Then why do they buy laptops with Windows?
Because it just works.
>Why would I need a microphone?
Holy fucking shit, the absolute state of GNU cucks.
>I use alsa.
Until it breaks or you can't even control basic audio shit without editing files with Vim/Nano, so you have to use PulseAudio who is also broken.

>>70851467
Yeah, to run shit that needs Linux.
I will use Windows for all the other stuff that can't just break randomly forcing me to dig deep into freetard forums for a config line.

>> No.70851488

>>70851460
This isn't /b/, so keep your gay little memes to yourself.
>>70851464
How is it decent? Poor software compatibility, horrible file system support, degrades hardware quickly, crashes, no good package manager, need to install an antivirus, slow, unoptimised. It just sucks.
>>70851475
>Because it just works.
Try to be believable, shill.
>Holy fucking shit, the absolute state of GNU cucks.
Seriously, what good would it do? There is no use for one.
>Until it breaks or you can't even control basic audio shit without editing files with Vim/Nano, so you have to use PulseAudio who is also broken.
I know text based interfaces scare you. So sad.

>> No.70851490

>>70851399
>an OS that doesn't require HDD defragging

Windows does that automatically and it;s minimal as fuck. Hell on SSD's it's pointless and technically Linux does need it if you are 80% plus on disk space.

>> No.70851496

>>70851475
>I will use Windows for all the other stuff that can't just break randomly forcing me to dig deep into freetard forums for a config line.
actually, you'll have to do exactly that, dumbass. microsoft is only optimizing the kernel. the rest is the same software every other ubuntu user uses.
welcome to linux. this is how shit works. hope you like it.

>> No.70851506

>>70851490
No, ext4 is a proper filesystem, it doesn't write linearly like NTFS. Fragmentation is not an issue.

>> No.70851514

>>70851488
It just works, that's why everyone who ins't a Stallman cuck uses it.
>why would I need a microphone
You are the perfect example of "w-what, linux is not broken, ww-why would I even use t-that thing that everyone uses"?
Also, terminals don't scare me, I just don't want to spend a lot of time trying to find fucking hacks to make a simple thing such as my microphone or my WiFi adapter work.
>>70851496
I have to to that if I want to fix shit running on WSL, but I can use Windows for everything else that needs to work normally, faggot.
I'm talking about normal desktop usage, not running a server or shitty Linux clones of actual functional and feature-loaded Windows software.

>> No.70851522

>>70851514
>It just works, that's why everyone who ins't a Stallman cuck uses it.
No, people only use it because they don't install operating systems. They simply use what they are given.
>You are the perfect example of "w-what, linux is not broken, ww-why would I even use t-that thing that everyone uses"?
I don't know anyone who uses a microphone and I don't know why you would. But I'm pretty sure you could just plug it into your microphone port and it would work.
>Also, terminals don't scare me, I just don't want to spend a lot of time trying to find fucking hacks to make a simple thing such as my microphone or my WiFi adapter work.
Because you don't know how anything works. You're a novice who wants things to work like you're an expert. Try learning first, then you won't have to seek guidance from smarter users.

>> No.70851524

>>70851475
>stuff that can't just break randomly forcing me to dig deep into freetard forums for a config line.
oh and also... if your shit "randomly breaks", i usually means you are the problem, not the software you use.
also, funny that you say you don't want stuff randomly breaking... makes me wonder, for how long have you been using windows? because windows and its software "randomly breaks" all the fucking time, and there is no fucking way to stop that, unlike FOSS stuff that you can debug on your own. that's one advantage of F/OS software: you have the source code, you can fix/improve shit by yourself. unlike proprietary software...

>>70851514
>I have to to that if I want to fix shit running on WSL
you'll be running a VM on top of windows. why aren't you doing that right now? are you seriously this retarded, that you need microsoft to tell you to do exactly that?

>> No.70851527

>>70847117
>it's going to suck
WSL 1 is already great. It can only get better.
>>70847158
>crappy VM frontend put together with Band-Aids and Scotch tape
You know nothing. You are retarded, and talking out of your ass. Because that's just what retards do, they talk out of their asses. Go to your desktop thread.

>> No.70851543

I'd like to see the system calls merged while retaining their individual functionalities

>> No.70851546

Why is there a retard screaming something about my audio in linux? Why would you pretend your own audio issues are everyone else's?

>> No.70851555

love how microsoft just keeps managing sheep users, and making them think "wow, this is great!" for distributing yet another linux distro packaged as a VM.
kek.

>> No.70851556

>>70851522
Stores give people Windows because that's what sells. If they preinstalled Linux people would rage and return every single computer.
>i don't know anyone who uses a microphone
Yeah, because you are a freetard fat fuck who doesn't talk to anyone.
>because you don't know how anything works
Oh yes, true experts must spend an entire day fixing their audio config files, that's the power of FOSS professionals.

>>70851524
>you are the problem
Yeah, you can say that if you consider not wanting to spend hours fixing a single shitty Linux software a user problem.
>why aren't you doing that right now?
I am, faggot. WSL2 will be faster than a normal VM.

>> No.70851570
File: 91 KB, 570x712, Funny-Chicken-570x712.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
70851570

>>70851488
>this isn't /b/

lol

>> No.70851572

>>70851527
It does seem to be a captive Linux kernel, a redundant instance as it were. Am I mistaken? WSL 1 just plugged Linux calls into Windows kernel, WSL2 doesn't seem to be a subsystem, or am I misreading the blog in OP?

>> No.70851576

>>70851556
>WSL2 will be faster than a normal VM.
ahahaHAHAHAHAHAA. so you get an "optimized" kernel for your VM from microsoft. and you think it'll be really better... sure thing, dumbass. remember, we are talking about microsoft here, they just can't do anything well. ever.

>> No.70851581

>>70851556
>Stores give people Windows because that's what sells
No, the laptop sells. People wouldn't install Windows if it wasn't on there already.
> If they preinstalled Linux people would rage and return every single computer.
Why doesn't that happen with Chrome Books, then?
>Yeah, because you are a freetard fat fuck who doesn't talk to anyone.
I'm talking to you right now without a mic, you spastic.
>Oh yes, true experts must spend an entire day fixing their audio config files, that's the power of FOSS professionals.
True experts don't take as long as you because we already know how things work. Stay ignorant.

>> No.70851612

>>70851576
They clearly do stuff better than FOSS neckbeards, though.
>>70851581
They would, though. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Qj8p-PEwbI
Doesn't happen with Chrome Books because it's a restricted OS made by an actual company who knows what they are doing, instead of FOSS neckbeards.

>> No.70851620

>>70851581
>Why doesn't that happen with Chrome Books, then?
Because the name. They expected a $100 chrome machine and they got exactly that.
There are some funny stories with laptop come with ubuntu if you are not aware.

>> No.70851625

>>70851612
>They clearly do stuff better than FOSS neckbeards, though.
yeah, that's why they are teaching their users how to run a ubuntu linux VM inside their own fucking OS!!!! isn't that great???

top fucking kek

>> No.70851635

>>70851625
They teach that because some people need to run specific Linux software.
They don't want to replace their entire desktop OS with Linux though, as that would break every single thing they want to use.

>> No.70851637

>>70851612
>They would, though.
That is over a decade old and is one example.
>Doesn't happen with Chrome Books because it's a restricted OS made by an actual company who knows what they are doing
It's still Linux, you retard. People are eating it up and it's Linux.
>>70851620
>Because the name. They expected a $100 chrome machine and they got exactly that.
No, people want a laptop for basic tasks, so they get a Linux Chrome Book. It just works, unlike Windows. Chrome Books aren't that cheap, by the way.
>There are some funny stories with laptop come with ubuntu if you are not aware.
Nice English, pajeet.

>> No.70851643

It is just wonderful to see all the trannies in full damage control.
>i-it is just a crappy VM, I already have m-muh qemu!
WSL will bring to the table a synergy with the NT kernel that had never been seen before.
>hah, why would I want to use an OS that spies on me/a propietary OS/an OS used by normies
Not everyone has a programming job or is a NEET. Often times we need a variety of software only available in Windows, or need it to keep actual compatibility with our work peers.
>ok, but... uhhhhhh... p-pajeets
"muh pajeets" is not an argument. And Linux being programmed by autistic white kids in their basement instead of autistic brown kids in their basement doesn't make it better. It's a bit, uh... shit, actually.

>> No.70851653

>>70851637
>It's still Linux, you retard. People are eating it up and it's Linux.

People it it up because it's easy and streamlined as fuck and easy to digest.

>> No.70851654

>>70851637
It's Linux, but the OS is made by a "botnet" competent company that you probably hate because you suck Stallman's cock.
They wouldn't use your shitty free-as-in-freedom distro because it fucking sucks and just doesn't work.

>> No.70851655

>>70846622
It literally ships with the Linux kernel. So far it seems like people are reacting and not reading which is par for the course for this board. Why learn and understand when you can be outraged?

>> No.70851658

>>70851643
Look at the wintoddler cope with his OS being taken over by Linux. Cry harder, we own you now.

>> No.70851677

>>70851653
>People it it up because it's easy and streamlined as fuck and easy to digest.
But you said the opposite of Linux, why are you changing your story now?
>>70851654
Nice assumptions. I hope you enjoy seeing Linux take over the consumer market, just like we did to every other market.

>> No.70851682

>>70851658
Actually, it's Microsoft who is taking over Linux.
No reason to install your shitty desktop OS anymore, Stallman. We can just run our Linux only stuff on WSL while using Windows for everything else that needs to actually work.

>> No.70851683

>>70851658
Imagine coping this hard. You've been EMBRACED. Do you understand what will happen next?

>> No.70851691

>>70851677
I'm actually not him. Just correcting something.

>> No.70851693

>>70851637
>No, people want a laptop for basic tasks
Yes with chrome and google docs.
>Chrome Books aren't that cheap, by the way
lol

>> No.70851695

>>70851677
>I hope you enjoy seeing Linux take over the consumer market
y-y-year of the linux desktop any second now bros!

>> No.70851704

>>70851677
Yeah, enjoy seeing your shitty OS be consumed by competent proprietary companies who will transform it to be at least usable.
And you will cry forever in your basement while screaming for your four freedoms.

>> No.70851707

>>70848855
I guess they know more about tech than you do

>> No.70851708

>>70851683
>EMBRACED
embracing would mean a linux takeover. in this case, microsoft is telling its "advanced" users to start using linux...
I think they just want them to stop using windows. wonder why?

>> No.70851712

>>70846452
>buying a Windows license
never ever

>> No.70851716

>>70851682
>Actually, it's Microsoft who is taking over Linux.
No, Microsoft is so desperate that they're putting Linux in their OS. I guess they really needed basically functionality that they could not provide themselves.
>No reason to install your shitty desktop OS anymore, Stallman. We can just run our Linux only stuff on WSL while using Windows for everything else that needs to actually work.
You'll be running Linux anyway. You're stuck with us now. Soon Windows will be a Linux distro.
>>70851683
Cope harder, pajeet, you'll have to learn to use CLIs soon, so prepare your anus.
>>70851691
>>70851693
>>70851695
>>70851704
Look at the wincuck pajeets come out to seethe.

>> No.70851731

>>70851708
>I think they just want them to stop using windows. wonder why?
How the fuck did you reach the conclusion that Microsoft wants to stop Microsoft clients from using Microsoft products?

>> No.70851734

>>70851716
We will be running Microsoft Linux™ that will actually work for Linux specific stuff, while running every decent software available in the market on Microsoft Windows™.
Time to abandon your shitty distro and come to Microsoft's ecosystem, so things will actually work on your computer flawlessly (yeah, I know you aren't used to things working out of the box, but you will love it).

>> No.70851759

>>70851734
>We will be running Microsoft Linux
Not how the GPL works, pajeet. Just like Google you will be using our software because you aren't smart enough to write anything yourself.
>Time to abandon your shitty distro and come to Microsoft's ecosystem
Why? It sounds like you're trying to be more like us. I should stay here so I can be an trend setter for you.

>> No.70851760

How is microsoft still kinda holding it together? I feel like they're starting to get better again.

>> No.70851773

>>70846452
based

>> No.70851774

>>70846452
They're obviously trying to take over the open source community and jew it to death.

>> No.70851776

>>70851716
>Look at the wincuck pajeets come out to seethe
Damn >>70851691 >>70851693 >>70851695 >>70851704 BTFO'ed by this constructive argument

>> No.70851780

>>70851760
they're selling out just enough to stop converts

>> No.70851789

>>70851759
Yeah, we will use your software for free because you are a bunch of cucks who work while gaining absolutely nothing.
Enjoy using your broken OS while we whiiirrrr all your Linux tools to Windows for the epic additional cost of 0 USD.
>you're trying to be more like us
Nah, we are grabbing Linux by the pussy and attaching it as a Windows component for fucking free. Thanks for beta testing, faggots.

>> No.70851816

>>70851759
>our

>> No.70851818

>>70851731
>How the fuck did you reach the conclusion that Microsoft wants to stop Microsoft clients from using Microsoft products?
it's been rumored that microsoft is tired of windows, and will kill it in the future. this VM-inside-windows shit kinda makes sense in that context.

>> No.70851823

>>70851789
>Yeah, we will use your software for free because you are a bunch of cucks who work while gaining absolutely nothing.
You'd better start showing some respect, pajeet, we own Windows now.
>Enjoy using your broken OS while we whiiirrrr all your Linux tools to Windows for the epic additional cost of 0 USD.
You need our tools, I thought they were broken? I guess you're a bit like a refugee, you will bitch and moan about us, but still take our charity. So despicable.
>Nah, we are grabbing Linux by the pussy and attaching it as a Windows component for fucking free. Thanks for beta testing, faggots.
Nope, we're giving you charity because Windows can't provide a proper OS. Say "thank you, Mr Torvalds".
>>70851816
You know, quoting a post with no original text can get you banned, right?

>> No.70851832

>>70851823
>You know, quoting a post with no original text can get you banned, right?

>> No.70851848

>>70851832
So childish, you pajeets are.

>> No.70851856

>>70851716
>Cope harder, pajeet, you'll have to learn to use CLIs soon, so prepare your anus.
There it is: "pajeet". That word means that you're afraid.
I've used Linux up until a year ago, poit in which I started using Windows 10 + WSL. Lately I haven't done anything too intensive, but I use Ubuntu's CLI for everyday file management, program in plan9port's sam with the -d flag, and use rc scripts I wrote myself.
I'm just joking when I say Linux has been EMBRACED. The fact that it makes you seethe so much is very telling.

>> No.70851859
File: 300 KB, 1024x530, freetards BTFO.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
70851859

>>70851823
>we own windows now
Fucking SEETHING.
Big Bill has Linux now, thanks for the free-as-in-beer software, fag.

>> No.70851865

>>70851856
>poit
*point

>> No.70851870

>>70851856
>There it is: "pajeet". That word means that you're afraid.
Does it hurt you to be called that?
>I've used Linux up until a year ago, poit in which I started using Windows 10 + WSL. Lately I haven't done anything too intensive, but I use Ubuntu's CLI for everyday file management, program in plan9port's sam with the -d flag, and use rc scripts I wrote myself.
Nice bullshit, pajeet. Did your supervisor feed you that line?
>Big Bill has Linux now, thanks for the free-as-in-beer software, fag.
Nope, Microsoft has bowed to their free masters. They have accepted the fact that they will never be able to compete with our superior kernel.

>> No.70851897

>>70851870
>bowed to their free masters
No, we attached your software as a Windows component for 0 USD, literally making freetards work for Microsoft as slaves.
Keep updating your FOSS software, I will be using them for free in my proprietary OS that actually works for normal usage and gaymen.

>> No.70851901

>>70851166
b-but muh linux servers

>> No.70851911

I finally installed arch linux and got all my shit running, even games
What anime character should i fap to?

>> No.70851912

>>70851897
I know Windows is unusable garbage, that is why you had to use our charity. Sorry if this upsets you, pajeet, but Microsoft doesn't have all the answers. They needed us to help them make their OS somewhat usable.

>> No.70851917

Linux sucks ass, it's great on servers but I don't wan to use it as my "daily driver" anymore.

Thank fuck microsoft finally got their shit together, took them way too long to make development on windows not turbo aids. The next best thing would be not locking hyper-v behind windows pro, that's fucking gay and nobody even buys windows keys directly from m$ anyway.

>> No.70851941

>>70851917
If Linux sucks so much why does Microsoft need to appropriate it for basic functionality? They must have been desperate. I realise their OS is basically unusable for anything that isn't Candy Crush or Office, but I didn't think it was that bad.

>> No.70851944

>>70851099
wsl is also shit, so everyone is assuming they changed something because one of the big selling points is "hey, it's not shit anymore!"

>> No.70851949
File: 1.55 MB, 1024x768, file.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
70851949

>>70851912
Cope.
Keep working for Microsoft as slaves, freetards. Maybe you will get some Microsoft GitHub stars from Gates himself as payment.

>> No.70851961

>>70851912
Your entire lifetime of work has been implemented as a small subset of functionality. How does it feel knowing that Linux is now just another one of the many, many features of Windows?

>> No.70851970

>>70851949
I'm pretty sure Microsoft needs us. Their OS would crumble without outside help. Imagine an OS being so shit it needs charity from the FSM just to survive.
>>70851961
If Microsoft needs the help to stay afloat, I don't mind. Their OS needs us, since it is so awful.

>> No.70851982
File: 970 KB, 320x240, free.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
70851982

>>70851941
>basic functionality
That's what Linux doesn't have, fag.
We are incorporating your software because pic related.

>> No.70852006

>>70851982
No, that is what Windows doesn't have, so they are taking a proper kernel and using it. They can't do anything right, so they need us to help them. Will they take our FS, too? I mean, everyone has known NTFS is garbage since its inception. Now that Microsoft are swallowing their pride it won't be long until they drop it, too.

>> No.70852011

>>70846452
Soon "Linux" will mean the Windows feature and "Standalone Linux" will be an exotic curiosity

>> No.70852022

>>70852006
We are embracing.
Get ready for extending and extinguishing, freetard.
The past, present and future is Microsoft.

>> No.70852026

>>70851941
Because WSL is for developers, dumbass. It's only used for running code they know will work in deployment.
Too many linux users aren't even fucking developers, it pisses me off that they're using it to act "cool" by using linux. Maybe they know how to do a fucking for loop in bash or something, and use it to rice their shitty arch install.

>> No.70852027

Why is everyone so tryhard?

>> No.70852040

>>70851970
You keep saying that Microsoft needs Linux. I don't think you know what that means. You know what Linux needs? The support of IBM, INTEL, GOOGLE, REDHAT, MICROSOFT, NOVELL, and others. Those are the companies that rape your kernel in the daily and implanted the backdoors that are watching you type right now.

Windows could go on forever without the "Microsoft <3 Linux" gimmick. It's just that they took pity on you and decided to show a bit of mercy.

>> No.70852043
File: 352 KB, 1024x530, freetards BTFO.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
70852043

LINUX KERNEL WILL BE EMBRACED TONIGHT
EVERYBODY JUST HAVE A GOOD TIME
AND WE MAKE ALL FREETARDS CRY
EVERYBODY JUST HAVE A GOOD GOOD GOOD TIME

>> No.70852046

>>70852022
No, you're being given charity. Your OS was in such a bad state that you needed our help to fix it. Just say "thank you" and swallow your pride. You're so ungrateful.
>>70852026
Wow, sorry we don't all write Javascript in Visual Studio, pajeet.
>>70852040
You know Linux is GPL software, right? You pajeets are so stupid.

>> No.70852060

>>70852046
Yeah, yeah, GPL...
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

>> No.70852066

>>70852046
Oh yeah, heres your monthly (You) payment for your software, fatty.
Now keep working, slave, we need free security patches ASAP. You don't want to lose your Microsoft GitHub stars, do you?

>> No.70852073

>>70852060
Good one, pajeet.

>> No.70852080

>>70852066
I guess it's too hard for the Microsoft pajeets to write any good code. We'll help your struggling OS out if you really need it. I know you're grateful beneath this facade.

>> No.70852103

>>70852080
We already have an OS that works, fatty, we just want free real estate.
Let me play this recording to make you happy:
*bzzt* T h a n k y o u s o m u c h [insert slave name here] f o r y o u r f r e e c o n t r i b u t i o n s *bzzt*
Now hand over the software source code, faggot.

>> No.70852110

I thought the NT kernel was good enough though? Why does Microsoft have to use another kernel to get work done?

>> No.70852118

>>70852103
No, your OS is a failing mess. That is why you need our help so badly. You should than us.
>>70852110
Because their OS is a huge failure and is being left behind. It's the Candy Crush OS.

>> No.70852128

>>70846452
Implying I would want windows bloat just to run gnu + Linux

>> No.70852162

>>70846718
>industry standard
The majority of the world's devices run the Linux kernel or bsd

>> No.70852195

>>70851901
I would be surprised if less than 100% of Fortune 500 companies use Linux servers. These >>70849001 kinds of charts are misleading because multi-billion dollar companies use all sorts of shit. Even if it's just one segmented department using Azure, Microsoft will still chalk it up and pretend the whole business is using it.

>> No.70852280
File: 585 KB, 680x834, old spicy eee.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
70852280

>> No.70852295
File: 83 KB, 544x572, 1534782722311.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
70852295

All these years i wasted my life using arch.

YOU KNOW HOW HARD IT IS TO FIND GOD TIER PROGRAMS THAT DOESNT HAVE A LINUX EQUIVALENT AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>> No.70852358

>>70846470
Comparing actual employees to people who develop in their own free will is absurd

>> No.70852374

>>70846663
Works with AMD shit.

>> No.70852389

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/afe0c6cf-fbf4-4e07-8ccc-78de5e481bd3/does-enabling-client-hyperv-reduce-the-hosts-gaming-performance?forum=w8itprovirt

oh no no no no no

>> No.70852433

>Consolidated projects like the Linux kernel and Windows get things done
>Fragmented projects like Linux distros are shit, generally unused, run by communist trannies and are a broken mess

This is why Linux desktop is still a meme

>> No.70852441
File: 53 KB, 576x512, 1555141561769.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
70852441

>>70851581
>"Hi I'd like to return this laptop, my copy of Adobe Premiere and Microsoft Office doesn't work, I need it for work"

>> No.70852442

>>70852433
"Desktop" is a buzzword used by tech-illiterate GUI monkeys.

>> No.70852450

>>70852389
get ready for bsods, nvenc amdvce getting a 30% hit, increase latency that affects the whole stack like raw input in csgo
that's the power of hyper-v

>> No.70852463

>>70852441
Your company should be supplying a computer to you, retard.

>> No.70852465

>>70852162
You fucking retard, industry standard for the end user, not some server fag, no, I'll use Linux when I can run my Microsoft Office and Adobe suite

>> No.70852475

>>70852463
You'd be surprised how many don't, and even if they did they wouldn't provide one with Linux if they want to turn a profit, besides I'm self employed as a freelance video editor, if I wanted to turn a profit I couldn't do so with Kdengay

>> No.70852492

>>70852475
It's always the art students. What a fag you are. Get a real job. Every job I have worked in has provided computers for employees. Mostly Macs, since Unix is a requirement of the job.

>> No.70852498

>>70852465
It can, Microsoft just refuses to support it. Just like they refuse to adopt an open doc format that allows interoperability between word clients, which forces Libreoffice, etc, to reverse-engineer and hack the docx format. Imagine using a text editor, that instead of inserting newlines for lines, used another character. Would you use it and claim it's the "standard", or would you use the sane software that did the right thing and remained compatible? You're just an ignorant moron.

>> No.70852659

>>70852433
Basically this
The "linux community" are fucking clueless and too spread out to ever make anything good. Considering the whole point of open source is to make projects better they sure are good at not doing that.
"Wow, I sure wish I had 60 open source image editing applications that are on the level of windows 98 MS paint, or ones where you can't draw a fucking circle" - Literally nobody

>> No.70852735

>>70852492
Absolute fucking retard, why would I "get a real job" when this one pays the bills just fine and doesn't render me a dumbass salaryman, to switch to Linux? Grow up
>>70852498
It is true Microsoft refuse to support it, but why the fuck would they support 2% of the market that wouldn't use their shit anyway? They support the Mac, support enough, this argument doesn't convince anyone, Microsoft being retarded isn't a reason to move to Linux in the real world and your post just further explains why I use Windows, it's the standard, the windows way of doing everything is standard

>> No.70852744

>>70852735
>Absolute fucking retard, why would I "get a real job" when this one pays the bills just fine and doesn't render me a dumbass salaryman, to switch to Linux? Grow up
Art is for faggots. Get off /g/.

>> No.70852753

Microsoft shills everywhere...

>> No.70852761

>>70852744
I thought /g/ was for faggots? Have you not seen all the traps?

>> No.70852805

>>70852761
xD I done le meme guise am I cool yet?????

>> No.70852878

>>70846452
>ctrl-f gnome
FUCK GNOME
FUCK WAYLAND
FUCK FEDORA
I HOPE WINDOWS 10 DESTROYS GNOME
GNU/LINUX + XORG + XFCE MASTER RACE

>> No.70852896

>>70852744
You fucking retard, everyone consumes are, your little Chinese cartoons weren't made on Linux you know, kill yourself

>> No.70852910

>>70852896
In English next time, pajeet.

>> No.70852915
File: 28 KB, 510x394, loonix cope.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
70852915

>>70852744
Classic reply

>> No.70852937
File: 40 KB, 256x256, msys2.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
70852937

>>70846452
>me: WSL a shit
>shills on /g/: lmao WSL is good, Linux is FINISHED
>microsoft: WSL a shit, WSL 2.0 now with real Linux
>me: told you, WSL was shit, WSL 2.0 will be shit
>shills on /g/: lmao WSLS 2.0 is good, Linux is FINISHED
Eat shit shills.
When I have to use Windows 10 I will keep using MSYS2.
WSL can suck my big cock.

>> No.70852964

>>70852915
I have thumbnails in my filepicker. What the FUCK????

>> No.70852971

But is Windows free, as in, free beer?

>> No.70852975

>>70846570
They made other distros available a while ago.

>> No.70852981

>>70852915
Good arguments, except the filepicker one.
Filepicker is for PUSSIES.
I drag and drop files from file manager to the browse button even on Windows.
Get good bitches.

>> No.70852983

>>70852971
No.

>> No.70852991

>>70852910
Fuck you

>> No.70852994

>>70846452
>you need to constantly update windows10 so you can have the last version of wsl
no, I'm good, I'm not updating this dog shit, I barely almost removed the initial telemetry, I'm not gonna update it next week again when wsl v2.0.0001 comes out

>> No.70853007

>>70852994
This.
Microsoft is finished, nobody is giving a fuck about their new shit and they are using Windows 10 only for the legacy compatibility.
LMAO.

>> No.70853077

Do they already have a barebones or lightweight version for older hardware?
I wouldn't mind using windows, I might even need it in the near future but I don't have very good computer and last time I tried running windows on it, shit didn't go so well, it was very slow and bothersome to use.

Meanwhile, there are a variety lightweight linux distros out there, which I've used for some time now.

>> No.70853097

is this that adopt extend destroy thing micro$oft does?

>> No.70853110

>>70853007
>Microsoft is finished
cope

>> No.70853149

>>70851356
>I use this certain patch on a certain browser which only works on certain hardware on a certain linux distro
Yeah, can't see the problem..

>> No.70853198
File: 254 KB, 2048x1024, dc46990b7e83dd98ef3d1b6a13d908b8.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
70853198

>>70853097
It's adapt-develop-dab

>> No.70853388

>>70846452
So GNU/Linux will then have dominance over desktop, server and mobile. It truly is the year of the linux desktop

>> No.70853398

>>70846607
>>70846941
>>70851716
>>70851760
>>70852110
EMBRACE

>> No.70853483

>>70846452
no, that does not mean Linux is finished,

that means Linux WON!!!

windows sucks and microsoft knows it,

Linux rocks, it is a kickass system, and microsoft wants to use it to remain relevant,

>> No.70853497

>>70847875
There's literally nothing wrong with telemetry

>> No.70853499

>>70849364
You probably haven't been alive 20 years, retard.

>> No.70853507

>still a botnet

>> No.70853531

>>70851166
Why? What are the advantages of Azure?

>> No.70853537

>>70852374
AMD drivers are better on Linux than any other os
>>70846726
Wine has better backwards compatibly than windows does (seriously)

>> No.70853545
File: 385 KB, 1918x1200, 2019-05-07_02-41-48.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
70853545

I use Windows 10 with an Ubuntu flavor of WSL.
It's great for software development (and other stuff).
Why? Because I can install all software dev tools easily using the terminal, I can store my files in Windows directories and edit them through Linux tools (vice versa is also supported now).
VS Code supports Bash (or zsh) as a terminal, so I can have a well rounded development environment.
I installed an X server so I can run some graphical stuff too.
That difference between a VM and WSL 2 will be the integration with the Windows system, it will be seamless.

Pic is me running X11 -> Openbox -> Terminator on Windows 10

>> No.70853552

>>70851437
I've never had these issues with pulseaudio or alsa with default configs, what did you do to fuck things up? install steam on Kali?

>> No.70853557

>>70846537
i believe what you meant to say was gnu/linux or gnu+linux since linux is only the kernel, the os is gnu system combined with the linux kernel

>> No.70853573
File: 196 KB, 600x370, Cloud-girl.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
70853573

>>70853531
It come with an anime tutorial:
https://channel9.msdn.com/Series/Microsoft-Virtual-Academy-Japan/claudia

>> No.70853583

>>70853552
Absolutely nothing.
PulseAudio on Mint comes with automatic gain control that makes your mic really fucking quiet or wobbly. It's default and you need to learn how to disable gain control in the config files.
Also, noise reduction is a module that barely works and fucks up your microphone sound sometimes if you don't configure some fucking audio rate numbers and shit.
It's retarded, I have to do this shit most of the times I install Mint and I have to use a microphone.

>> No.70853593

>>70853545
Holy shit, that is a cancerous taskbar.

>> No.70853611

>>70847010
unironically this
if linux got popular it would turn to shit immediately

>> No.70853624

>>70853611
It would be the same thing but now more people know it's shit

>> No.70853627

>>70846941
>being this retarded
No one who can use Linux from within Windows will ever want to change to a full on Linux distro, as that way they'd lose the best of both worlds type of deal they have with WSL2

>> No.70853629

>>70846755
bruh win32 is still miles ahead of x and wayland.

>> No.70853666

>>70846657
Based and Microsoftpilled

>> No.70853761

Can you use linux networking commands out of the box in WSL 2 as if it was host ? Or is it fucked up like a normal VM ?

>> No.70853806
File: 80 KB, 722x636, 2019-05-07_111834_1557220714.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
70853806

what did they mean by this

>> No.70853819

This will keep more Windows users away from Linux, as they will stick with Windows and its Linux kernel.

I'm glad. They can stay away.

>> No.70853825

>>70853806
>desktop 2 fag
Microsoft Windows

>> No.70853830

>>70853806
>FA6G4Zero
FAGGATS
and to think he almost got away with it

>> No.70853836

>>70853806
linux is for fag4t

>> No.70853843
File: 16 KB, 509x587, Windows-10-logo-11.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
70853843

>>70853830
>>70853825
Desktop 2 Faggats

>> No.70853860

>>70853806
> FA6G40
Actually looks like some brazilian way of saying huge faggot (faggão)

>> No.70853863

>>70846827
if i had linux but with the windows folder structure and visual looks i would switch right now

>> No.70853942

RIP desktop threads

All of the wintoddlers will ditch Rainmeter, and start using i3 etc. lmao

>> No.70853954

>>70853863
Why would you think this doesn't exist?

>> No.70853987

>>70853954
it just doesn't exist

>> No.70854065

>>70852878
>fucks de
>fucks windows server
>fucks distribution
huh?

>> No.70854105

>>70854065
TOTAL DESTRUCTION. Nearly everything needs to burn before we can grow something new from the remains. Linux server can maybe stay.

>> No.70854108

cool you get a linux terminal in an extremely bloated operating system with bad overhead and bad ugly interface thats so dope

install gentoo

>> No.70854185

>>70853863
Bet you want forward slashes in path too you sick fuck

>> No.70854226

I mead wouldnt it be cool if windows moved towards fully linuxed based + a bunch of their own shit. desu i prefer the windows workflow over the unix philosophy, but prefer linux for obvious reasons.

>> No.70854268

>>70846910
You can literally do this via drivers if you stop being autistic.

>> No.70854287

>>70854268
Linux?
More like
WINUX

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH
seriously doe is this only for enterprise niggers or will every joe shmoe be able to download it on their poverty home edition? asking for friends and relatives who are codemasterflexes, i dont do any of that nerd shit haha, right ladies?

>> No.70854312

>>70846452
Well do I still have to fuck with the command line? Because that's all that keeps me away from Linux.

>> No.70854319

eww, it uses hyperv, a type 1 hypervisor, DROPPED. Ill keep running lubuntu on a virtual machine for dev stuff

>> No.70854324

>>70846470
because microsoft programmers get paid

>> No.70854341

Why is called WSL2 if it's not an NT subsystem anymore?

>> No.70854345

>>70854324
many of linux programmers do get paid too, they just suck

>> No.70854365
File: 200 KB, 480x360, Terry.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
70854365

theres only one man who can save us now....

>> No.70854372

>>70854345
Pretty sure these guys get paid to develop software for their own companies, so most of their contribution doesn't actually benefit your average ricer.

>> No.70854398
File: 24 KB, 362x346, kaguyawhat.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
70854398

>>70853573
WTF I never saw this
Google would never do this

I trust more MS than (((Google))) these days, so I don't know what to think anymore

>> No.70854412

>>70846452
okay then let's move on and ruin BSD

>> No.70854435
File: 386 KB, 970x620, 1445898614950.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
70854435

>>70854398
>he doesn't know about Microsoft Cinematic Universe

>> No.70854438

>>70846452
https://opensource.microsoft.com/codeofconduct/

>> No.70854496

>>70854435
what is this? im on 8.1

>> No.70854522

>>70854438
WTF I WANT TO SHOOT UP MICROSOFT HQ NOW AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

>> No.70854542

>>70854319
based

>> No.70854655

>>70854319
type 1 or bust

>> No.70854708

>>70851859
>Nooo
Not
>Gnooo
Or
>GNU plus Nooo

>> No.70854710
File: 223 KB, 800x600, 1549631523583.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
70854710

>>70854496
Microsoft© anime mascots™
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nngGGBkjMpU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7aJ_vjIXwc
>im on 8.1
Then search for Madobe Yuu and Madobe Ai

>> No.70854738

>>70853860
>2FA6G40
Too faggão

>> No.70854755

>>70854710
Is there some Win10-chan ads?

>> No.70854757

>>70854738
> DESKTOP-2FA6G40
Or like "desktop to faggão"

>> No.70854765

>>70854365
Its been more than 3 days, why did God forsake him?
T_T

He is probably contributing to the OS for the mac mini cluster where God runs the Universe.

RIP
F

>> No.70854798
File: 43 KB, 350x525, 6abac6f3-s.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
70854798

>>70854755
I don't there's any. But they have Nonaka Ai (her voice actress) cosplay for the announcement and some other events.

>> No.70854812

>>70854710
windows7-tan still the hottest

>> No.70854836

>>70846452
> LINUX IS FINISHED
You said that last time.

>> No.70854986

>>70847727
People don't care about your personal feelings, either. The fact is that most people will never be affected by spyware in the same way as actual malware, so regardless of the world's actual definition, calling it "malware" is still deceiving and fear mongering as it's not comparable to actual computer viruses.

>> No.70855021
File: 203 KB, 921x1280, closed source.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
70855021

>>70851375

>> No.70855204

>>70853863
You would switch, away from Linux or from Windows?

>> No.70855281

If Linux is so fucking garbage then why the fuck did winfags port it? it's as if they're trying to start their own 'wine' era

>> No.70855294

>>70853987
windows icons + windows gtk theme on cinnamon is basically windows.

>> No.70855351

>>70852744
>Linux can't do [thing]
>[THING] IS FOR F-FAGGOTS
Classic.

>> No.70855474
File: 92 KB, 500x431, 1547086295046.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
70855474

Wasn't linux finished with the announcement of win 10? Or wsl? Or when it got coc'd? Something doesn't add up.
>all these corporate apologists itt
I almost forgot that I'm on /g/ - consumerism general.

>> No.70855636

>>70855474
You can't finish what never started to begin with

>> No.70855696

>>70854710
>hiring ero-manga artists for os-tans
I dont' even

>> No.70855703

>>70855474
dunno man *BSD looks comfy.
too bad their license is a literal cuck contract.

>> No.70855738

>>70855636
This, so much this.

I'm not affiliated with Microsoft®.

>> No.70855768

>>70855696
That's the best OS-tan art style tbqh

>> No.70855815

>>70855281
Check mate, losetards

>> No.70856126

>>70846470
>copy-paste linux into windows
>"hey guys I did a Linux"

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
E-mail
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
reCAPTCHA
Action