Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

2017/01/28: An issue regarding the front page of /jp/ has been fixed. Also, thanks to all who contacted us about sponsorship.

/g/ - Technology

View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 34 KB, 550x327, pic_is_ironic.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
69763493 No.69763493 [Reply] [Original] [archived.moe] [rbt]

I am by no means a hacker, but I thought I'd just rant because I felt like it.

What do you guys think about modern hacker culture?

>Anonymous is dead
>everyone now is a onions gurgling basedboy cuck who wants to "take the word 'hacker' back from the big, bad blackhats" all the while sucking corporate dick at the same time which will inevitably spiral into the world of tomorrow being one in which all corporations are almost impenetrable to hackers and will end up controlling the world even more than they do now all the while we struggle to fight back at all because of the "white hats" who souped up their security for years for "the good of the people"
>activism against mass surveillance and basically hacktivism in general is fucking dead, anyone remember Edward fucking Snowden?
>No one wants to learn lower level shit/why the fuck are all the schools teaching Python before teaching kids what the fuck a computer is on the inside? These days if you look up "how to be a hacker", you don't find a forum site with people telling you shit you can learn a mindset/culture from, you just find videos online by some pajeet who's showing you what premade tools to use in Kali if you want to "hack like mr robot".
No one cares about cultivating the mindset for finding/making exploits/your own tools, it's all "how can I use what other people have made to do exactly what they did"

The next generation of "hackers" are just going to be a bunch of skids and y'all are just gonna call me a skid because "it's ok to use kali, it doesn't make you a skid".
>using kali doesn't make you a skid. Being raised with the mindset of "all you have to do is just use these premade tools and you're a hacker" is being a skid tho

shit makes me sick, there isn't any goddamn integrity anymore.

>> No.69763559

>>69763493
oh, anon is talking to himself again!!

>> No.69763585

>>69763493
thank you kanye, very cool!

>> No.69763600

>>69763493

>zoomers telling people how much better it was before they was born

Stahp.

>> No.69763601
File: 319 KB, 784x1200, f628d81c7d770f2b7ee8dd66cd365353cddad2b2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

we need old heroes like l33t mastah back to save hacking(cracking) culture

>> No.69763639

>>69763559
He's right though

>>69763493
That's just the surface. The white/black hat ecosystem is as lively as it was before. Vulnerabilities keep appearing, 0days keep getting sold, and the blue team does its job and still gets paid well.

Indeed, there may be less cool things popping up than they were in the 90s and early 2000s, but from the hacking, cybercrime/cybersecurity aspect, things are as good as they were 20 years ago.

As for the Kali tutorials, that's just the surface. Look into CTFs, and learn for yourself. The most interesting things don't have the #L33T or #Mr_Robot label on them.

>> No.69763687

>>69763493
>take the word 'hacker' back from the big, bad blackhats
https://stallman.org/articles/on-hacking.html

>> No.69763698

>>69763687
I want to be a hacker in the system shock 2 sense, how do

>> No.69763867

>>69763698
make sure you eat all the crusts on your sammiches and eat plenty of ass

>> No.69763968

nice blog

>> No.69764079

>>69763493
You're right, to a point. I've been in the infosec world for about 10 years as a pen tester. There has been a noticeable shift towards skid after it went "mainstream" a few years ago, about the same time as GG and the SJW explosion. In a rush to inclusion, even the most sub-par hackers had to be viewed as 1337, else their detractors would be burned at the diversity stake.

This is a product of a move away from the traditional "bro culture" in general and meritocracy specifically. Any voice of opposition is met with pitchforks (look into what happened to illmob: https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/eve4en/hackers-blame-women-and-sjws-end-of-derbycon-security-conference).

But you need to realize, for every reported bug, there are 10 that aren't. Many of the true hackers hold their best 0days for "personal use". The more shitty "hackers" in the field make the truly skilled ones stand out that much more.

>> No.69764333

>>69763968
Fgt

>> No.69765069
File: 36 KB, 350x542, scriptkiddies.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]

>>69763493
Is all true and it hurts

>> No.69765221

Absent chain of trust, it is what it is.

>> No.69765474

>>69763493
>>Anonymous is dead
OMG running LOIC such haxxor
>will inevitably spiral into the world of tomorrow being one in which all corporations are almost impenetrable to hackers
Fake, unless they're all automated then the humans are still going to be exploitable.
>>activism against mass surveillance and basically hacktivism in general is fucking dead, anyone remember Edward fucking Snowden?
Snowden is not a hacker, but yeah activism against mass survelliance is dead
>>No one wants to learn lower level shit
Fake
>No one cares about cultivating the mindset for finding/making exploits/your own tools
Making your own tools for everything is retarded, the cybersecurity arena is much more developed that it used to be.

tldr: You're a dumb roleplayer, pwning has always been mostly about social engineering and trying to find a 0day is at least 20 times harder than it used to be.

>> No.69765794

>>69763698
pathetic creature of meat and bone

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
reCAPTCHA
Action