Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Maintenance is complete! We got more disk space.
Become a Patron!

/g/ - Technology


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 393 KB, 1260x709, 11157-ryzen-7-pib-left-facing-1260x709.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
68284418 No.68284418 [Reply] [Original] [archived.moe] [rbt]

>crashes Premiere
>can't produce music with it because shitty latency
into the trash..

>> No.68284439
File: 84 KB, 533x700, 4ecef4cd2f1eaa306b6ae7500fda55474ad14589bf3b37b1f02401ef7e7075bd.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
68284439

nobody fucking cares

>> No.68284453

>>68284418
hey anon I just wanted to say I appreciate you and your posts
keep posting it every day until they like it

>> No.68284472

>>68284453
well there's AMD community manager in this board if you dont know

>> No.68284479

>>68284418
What is premiere?

>> No.68284495

>>68284418
>why they don't buy my overpriced 9800K(elvins) processor just so they can have 5 % more in gayming and adobe reeeeeeeeeeeeee

>> No.68284518

>>68284418
Fuck off I edit with Blender.

>> No.68284525

>>68284495
adobe? You can't even produce music on AMD CPUs because of their shitty latency. As soon as you try to set the buffersize <5 ms AMD CPUs go apeshit. Literally useless CPU

>can't game
>can't produce videos because Premiere crashes
>can't produce music because shitty latency
enjoy your nice-on-paper-CPU

>> No.68284563

>>68284418
>blaming your utter lack of talent on a cpu

>> No.68284585

>>68284563
>lack of talent
What? Sound synthesis has evolved and requires more CPU power nowadays. AMD simply can't keep up with its shit latency. Trash CPU

>> No.68284603

>>68284525
yes sholomo i am sure that when you nitpick some more you will find even more negligible issues
now excuse me i must now go buy some more dry ice so i can cool down my intel cpoou

>> No.68284645

>>68284585
>latency matters
talent matters
i understand the epicness of trolling "intards", but at least be better at it and don't make is SO obvious

>> No.68284656

>>68284645
I don't think you understand how music production works. There is absolutely no connection between your ability/talent to make music and latency.

>> No.68284657

>>68284585
nigger I was doing beats and shit with just cool edit 96, gtfo here with your latency excuse

you're excrement

>> No.68284671

>>68284656
thats the point you daft fuck

>> No.68284706

>>68284495
>9800K(elvins)
lol

>> No.68284737

>>68284656
>I don't think you understand how music production works.
you take random retard give him/her/it a strange haircut and release it on stage
oh you also hire anyone who have any idea on how to create music and then use cheap assets and online lyrycs creator to produce "music"

and morons who listen it don't give a shit they wouldn't recognize drums from a fucking radiator

>> No.68284746

>>68284657
>cool edit 96
lol
>beats
lmfao

Have fun using modern synths. Have fun using linear phase EQs and compressors.

>>68284671
>thats the point you daft fuck
That's not the point. If you're producing music on your machine you rely on virtual synthesizers and effects or else you'll have to use analog gear which is expensive as fuck. The closer effects and synthesizers are to analog gear the better.. but it costs CPU power. Even if you're not a music producer, someone has to mix and master your track and then you will need audio processing which has nothing to do with creativity. Typical AMD fags who have no clue how things are done in the real world. All you faggots do is posting screenfetch threads and compile gay AUR packages. Base-dwelling weebfagging neckbeards lmfao.

>> No.68284748

>>68284525
>can't game
I used an i5 8400, sold it and bought a 2600. It increased the general performances.

>> No.68284781

>>68284746
>but it costs CPU power
i thought we were talking about latency?
which allegedly a few ms of latency will make or break your career as a producer/artist
talent and hard work has nothing to do with it amiright

>> No.68284850

>>68284479
adobe premiere is a video editor

>> No.68284860

>>68284781
>again talks about music production even though he has no clue about it

Alright, I'll take the time and explain it to a weebfagging neckbeard. The more CPU power an instrument or an effect requires, the less time your CPU has to process synthesis. AMDs high latency is basically a bottleneck for audio processing which means you'll have to set your latency higher which is a PAIN IN THE ASS even if you're not actively playing on your MIDI controller. Let's say you're absolutely no musician but just a mixing or mastering engineer, it's still painful having to deal with high latency. And its getting worse if you're actually playing on your controller. Everything above 5ms is absolute cancer and the more talented and skilled you are as a piano player the more annoying it actually is.

>> No.68284883

>>68284781
also
>excuses, excuses, excuses

>better technology exists
>tells you to use worse technology because of "talent"
why not combine talent with best technology? talent alone means nothing

>> No.68284987

>>68284860
>>68284883
show me statistics that show that an AMD chip has more latency then an Intel chip
their IPC is on par, using the "less time to process synthesis" argument is retarded
I use Intel btw, I think AMD is childish as a company, I just cant see how "latency" would be an issue with a modern processor

>> No.68285041

>>68284987
google DPC latency, retard

>> No.68285105

>>68284418
is this rhetoric true or is it based on the experience of just one person who may've had faulty ram, a dying harddrive, or a multitude of other things?

I ask because I am genuinely curious about the subject of Ryzen cpu's exclusively being buggy with certain software.

>> No.68285143

>>68284418
Are these actual problems or is this just some intel shill?

I'm considering buying a 2700x for editing with Premiere/After Effects and gaming.

>> No.68285158

>>68285143
Would like a non biased response as well.

>> No.68285176

>>68284418
How many times are you going to post this? Here's a (You) for effort.

>> No.68285177
File: 95 KB, 500x1450, 1540310872583.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
68285177

>>68285143
Not sure about video editing but for gaming intel is objectively better.

>> No.68285183
File: 24 KB, 633x428, firefox_2018-10-30_17-57-24.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
68285183

>>68285105
https://techreport.com/review/33531/amd-ryzen-7-2700x-and-ryzen-5-2600x-cpus-reviewed/7

last two ones are important because music is almost always procuced @48KHz. Pic related is an extremely important benchmark because it basically represents how your CPU handles polyphony on synthesizers..

>> No.68285190

>>68285041
looks like a windows problem to me
you really showed me huh

>> No.68285193

>>68285143
This guy posts this thread every single day. Take a guess as to how reliable his info is.

>> No.68285210

>>68285041
Everything I see about DPC latency talks about how crappy Windows is. Nothing about how different chips handle it.

>> No.68285212

>>68285190
it's not a software problem it's an architecture thing.

>> No.68285220

>>68285212
>architecture thing
you really sound like you know what you're talking about

>> No.68285224

>>68285143
>Are these actual problems or is this just some intel shill?
It's your typical drama-queen Intel shilling.

>> No.68285262

>>68285220
>blames Windows
>someone Intel has no problem with low latency
it's always excuses

>>68285220
AMDs floating point pipelines are only 128 bits wide opposed to Intels 256 bit fp pipelines m8..

>> No.68285268

>>68284860
I have no problems using cubase or protools which I use daily on my 1800x. Also no problem with any latency to my midi keyboard, no idea what the fuck you are talking about

>> No.68285300

>>68285041
Absolute retard. DPC is a windows issue. It's when a driver interrupts the CPU. I have an Intel cpu, and I used to have insanely high dpc which would cause cracking in my speakers. The culprit was my network card causing dpc spikes. I swapped it out for a different card and voila problem solved. You are just too stupid to understand technology. Go back to /mu/

>> No.68285317

>>68284472
This isn't reddit

>> No.68285354

>>68285177
I'm not denying that the 9900K is the best consumer CPU for gaming, but this graph is 100% useless.

>> No.68285410

>>68285354
Not more useless than ashes of the singularity cherrypick bench the AMDrones love to post.

>> No.68285458
File: 133 KB, 785x1199, rentfree.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
68285458

>>68284418
MODS

>> No.68285467

>>68285143
None of the problems are real, intel chips are double the price of equivalent amd CPUs and at the high end you'll get 10% more performance. You decide if it's worth it.

>> No.68285533

>>68284418
|>
|3

>> No.68285578

>>68285467
The 8400 is cheaper than the 2700x and beats it in gaming>>68285177

Every Kaby Lake and up beats Ryzen 2xxx in gaming so stop using the 9900k as a strawman.

>> No.68285818

>>68285578
>muh 5fps difference

>> No.68285836

>>68285818
>if Intel has a 5fps advantage its not worth mentioning
>if AMD has a 5fps advantage -> BASED AMD THANK YOU
Aymd fags have no dignity

>> No.68285846

>>68285818
>pays more for less fps cuz muh underdog

>> No.68285853

>>68284418
WHY THE FUCK THE MODS ARENT DOING THEIR DAMN JOB AND DELETE ON SIGHT HIS IDIOTIC THREADS EVERY GOD DAMN DAY

>> No.68285866

>>68285853
because they are no AMD communists

>> No.68286028
File: 62 KB, 783x704, amd.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
68286028

>>68285853
Feeling agitated, Ming?

>> No.68286086

Give me one good reason to buy the 9900k over the 2700x. I am not an audiofag but use mysql, android studio and gaym.

>> No.68286165

>>68284479
a shitty video editor that has been surpassed in relevance

>> No.68286205

>>68284746
I don't do music, so I am curious if this is actually an issue, can you post some links demonstrating this issue on AMD chips?

>> No.68286220

>>68286205
>>68285183

>> No.68286224

>>68285317
It is, but without voting

>> No.68286327

>>68286220
Ok it looks like it's not as good as the 8700k but is better than the 7700k by a lot more than it's behind the 8700k. So it's not the best, but it's far from unusable. Any info on the ram frequency and timings on that bench?

>> No.68286366

>>68286327
https://techreport.com/review/33531/amd-ryzen-7-2700x-and-ryzen-5-2600x-cpus-reviewed/3

>> No.68286465

>>68285183
In what world is at least 220 simultaneous notes not more than enough?

>> No.68286499

>>68284418
>>can't produce music with it because shitty latency

I was making music in FL in windblows and in Bitwig in Linux with ryzen 5 with 0 issues. Why are you lying, anonfag?

>> No.68286551

>>68286465
>what is layering
>leads
>basslines
>pads
Fire up a couple of u-he Diva's and your CPU is gonna choke quickly.

>>68286499
>FL Studio
That's because FL Stoodoo "producers" can't into complex music production because they're either HipHop producers or they produce primitive David Guetta shit.

>also Bitwig Linux
>no FabFilter, no Waves.. basically no linear phase EQ/dynamics
>NO MELODYNE

>> No.68286660

>>68286551
I can maybe see your point for a lush pad or a supersaw lead but even then you're talking like 16 notes of unison times three or four notes in a chord.

For a bass, fuck no, that shit is like 2 notes at most for a Reese, and even then you're probably gonna bounce it and resample it so the performance hit is one time only. Anything more than that and it will just sound muddy.

Not to mention that the 2700X can handle 520 notes.

>> No.68286706

>>68286660
>For a bass, fuck no
I often have 3-4 layers of basslines split across different frequencies.

>Not to mention that the 2700X can handle 520 notes.
On paper but not in practice. Go ahead and fire up a couple of Diva instances. You'll see how quickly your CPU's gonna choke.

>> No.68286735

>>68285853
>WHY THE FUCK THE USERS ARENT DOING THEIR DAMN JOB AND FILTER ON SIGHT HIS IDIOTIC THREADS JUST ONCE
kys

>> No.68286741

>>68286706
What absolute sonic diarrhea are you making?

>> No.68286770

>>68286706
>splits basslines into different frequencies
>makes fun of anon for not splitting bassline

the joke is that neither of you actually make money from music

>> No.68286780

>>68286741
probably some imitation koan sound/tipper/mr bill/wook bullshit music that isn't any more "advanced" than your typical Guetta track when you really tear it apart

>> No.68286783

>>68286770
but I do? Many producers split their basslines.. what the fuck is wrong with you?

One of many examples https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQp66GmwBRI

>> No.68286789

>>68286551
What features does FL Studio lack to prevent complex music production?

>> No.68286797

>>68286789
"Pro" in the name.

>> No.68286822

>>68284746
Your keyboard has upwards of 30ms of hardware latency. I'm pretty sure that 5 vs 10 ms buffer length makes no difference. But that's assuming the problem actually exists, which I don't buy.

>> No.68286832

>>68286551

If you wanna talk about complex

>who is billain
>who is emperor
>who is spor

To name just few producers who are absolutely out of this world.

You're just too retarded to use TOOLS without preconceived opinion that was formed by reading some fags comment on youtube, anon.

>> No.68286851

>>68286832
They all use resampling and chopping, dumbass. You can make that kind of music on a toaster.

>> No.68286868

>>68286832
>>68286851
Oh, never mind, I thought you were the other guy.

>> No.68286887

>>68284671
daft fuck is playing my house

>> No.68286890

>>68286789
>no Control room (like Cubase)
>no chord tracks
>note expression for VST3
>MIDI capabilites are a joke
>using hardware with FL Studio is basically suicide
>no equivalent to VariAudio/Meloydne with ARA

>>68286832
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

>> No.68286891

>>68285262
It's a good thing floating point numbers are only 64 bit then.

>> No.68286906
File: 56 KB, 621x702, ce8.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
68286906

>>68286891
>It's a good thing floating point numbers are only 64 bit then.

>> No.68286922

>>68286783
wowie here's your gold star mr. producer! excuse me while I bow to you.

on a semi-related note...if producing for mainstream clubs were an easy thing to do, more people would be making money from it. if you think making a club hit is easy, go out and do it!

>> No.68286923

>>68286465
In a world there dipshit musicians never release any notes even if they play at under -120db, 100 times quieter than faintest audible sound.

>> No.68286950

>>68286922
are you autistic? I'm not even trying to sound edgy or something? The vid I just showed you is literally from a known club music producer. My point was that splitting basslines is nothing unusual. There's a difference between proper Electronic music and primitive David Guetta shit, if you can't hear the difference you should move your ass to the ear nose throat department of your closest clinic. You are literally retarded.

>> No.68287020

>>68286950
If it's so much trouble making music on computer, why aren't you using physical instruments? You know, like actual musicians do?

>> No.68287052

>>68287020
>If it's so much trouble making music on computer
but it's not. It's fucking comfy with an Intel CPU. I can load as many VSTs as I want while maintaining low latency.

>why aren't you using physical instruments?
I do have a piano, a guitar and even a Moog synth... but this way I can have more.

>You know, like actual musicians do?
eh.. what?

>> No.68287054

>>68287020
nice goalpost move, retard

>> No.68287090

Top kek as soon as AMD fags get brought down to the ground of hard facts they start getting personal. Epic.

>> No.68287096

>>68286890
I still don't see how those things would prevent someone programming what you consider a complex track note-for-note, using the same vsts, then rendering it out and getting identical results.

>> No.68287107

>>68286851
>They all use resampling and chopping, dumbass. You can make that kind of music on a toaster.

False. Go back to your cave and see if you're missing a chromosome.

>> No.68287133

>>68284418
>2 shekels have been deposited into your shilling account

>> No.68287198

>>68287052
>Low latency
Keep your program tide to single CCX and you will get fastest latency on a CPU to date.

>> No.68287206

>>68287052
Your benchmark there says an Intel CPU could only handle 1/5th more if that shit, I wouldn't call it a significant difference. Even at that, is you approach computational power limits, you're doing it wrong. Here's a pro tip: mute the notes below -90db, and don't put 3600000ms decay on all instruments to help you with that. Don't use highest quality settings for editing and preview, that's for rendering. And don't put 300 active notes in general, nobody can fucking actually hear that anyway. 300 simultaneous samples, including shit load of chords, is plenty. If you're unironically going beyond that, try and assess yourself as a tryhard.
>what
Chip tune is played on 4 Gameboys through Arduino, not in a PC synth program. Things like that.

>> No.68287229

>>68285853
>MODS WHY AREN'T YOU DELETING ANTI-AMD THREADS
>MAKES 10 ANTI-INTEL THREADS AND MODS DON'T DELETE IT

>> No.68287241

>>68287206
>1/5 is not significant all of the sudden
>if it's the other way round AMD fags praise AMD as if they just discovered fire
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH WHAT THE FUCK

It's funny how you weebfags call Intel users "jews" and "shills" while you are the most unobjective shilling faggots in the tech industry.. almost as bad as applefags.

>> No.68287253

>>68287229
top kek

>> No.68287270

>>68284525

Eh I'm pretty sure I have been producing music both electronic and (((real))) for the past 8 years with a 1090T you double nigger.

>> No.68287286

>>68287206
>And don't put 300 active notes in general
but you can have 20 layers of synths including effects

>> No.68287322

>>68287090
That's what you get for parading corelet software as the single thing of importance. Intel straight up sucks in multicore.

>> No.68287329

>>68287241
AMD and Apple have the largest shills on this board along with Microsoft.

You'd understand Apple and Microsoft because they are giants but AMD? Intel and Nvidia shills only show up here when there are new product launches but AMD shills are always here making sure to shit on Intel and/or Nvidia as much as they can.

>> No.68287336

>>68286551

>he doesn't just print tracks using high CPU
>he cannot work within the constraints of a given production system

what a pleb

>> No.68287350

>>68287336
>>>he doesn't just print tracks using high CPU
I don't have to because I use an Intel CPU.

>> No.68287370

>>68287350

Then you are not using your system. Unused CPU cycles are wasted CPU cycles.

>> No.68287379

>>68287370
>what is VST3

>> No.68287396

>>68287241
You said "all vst I want" but that really that's within extra 20%. You would have a case of it was double the amount of shit, but it's barely better. And that's a top of the line CPU, so you mean a couple of years ago you couldn't produce music because there was literally nothing on the market that could run that crap?

>> No.68287418

>>68287396
an extra 20% on paper. In reality it's even more. Just go through gearslutz, kvr and other boards. People have been complaining about how shitty AMD performs in audio production. AMD is so shit I can't even be mad at them.

>> No.68287424

>>68284418
what the fuck are you talking about you neanderthal?

>> No.68287436

>>68284525
You don't produce music. Stop lying.

>> No.68287441

>>68287436
>>68287090

>> No.68287450

>>68287286
LMAO half of those are not even audible by 5th playback, and the last few are never heard by anyone except you, with most of other channels muted.

>> No.68287452

>>68284418
>>68284525
>USING WANGBLOWS FOR MUSIC PRODUCTION
ABSOLUTELY CRINGE & BLUEPILLED

>> No.68287464

>>68287450
>can't into mixing

>> No.68287496

>>68287107
Point for mentioning neurofunk/dnb artist, they do some absolutely out of this world stuff.
BUT Emperor does sample everything, he has a masterclass laying on the tube explaining his sound design process.
And quite clearly says he samples everything to make it easier for his PC when producing full tracks.

>> No.68287515

>>68287496
>they do some absolutely out of this world stuff
>shuffling through Serum presets
>out of this world stuff

>> No.68287533

wtf I hate ryzen now

>> No.68287568

>>68287496
So the popular guy is using right tool for the job instead of relying on brute force alone like some noname fa/g/? I wonder if there's a connection, a logical thread going through it.

>> No.68287574

good thing I didn't fall for the ayymd meme

>> No.68287623

>115 replies
>48 posters
Imagine samefagging this hard. He does it for free, every day too.

>> No.68287636

>>68287623

yeah not to mention the choir of idiots replying

>> No.68287649

>>68287515
Huurh duuurh Serum presets are my sound design huuurh
Go listen to some rock music or something

>> No.68287658

>>68287623
>>68287636
samefag

>> No.68287667

>shit bait thread gets to bump limit
/g/ deserves to get shitposted to oblivion.

>> No.68287700

>>68284418
How many times are you going to make this thread? Also, how much of a loser do you have to be to shill for Intel for free?

>> No.68287772

>>68287496
I know what emperor does, watched all of his stuff + streams on twitch. He doesn't make all tracks from samples tho, he composes too, so does billain. And majority of them make their own samples too. All in FL studio. It legit doesn't matter how simple or complex TOOL is, it's still a tool and FL just werks.

>> No.68287808

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvypWSTaoJs

>> No.68287827

>>68284495
>k(elvins)
That's why I love this place

>> No.68287836

>>68287700
>people are losers if they like the better product.
XD
This isn't football you faggot try to be objective.

>> No.68287908

>>68287772
I agree man.
The magic is in the sound design and process of it.
Not the DAW.

I'm gonna check Billain out too, oddly enough never heard of him.

>> No.68287948
File: 229 KB, 1200x762, 0.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
68287948

>>68287452
This, if anyone in this thread actually produced for shit, they would know that production is objectively faster and more efficient on mac os.
/g/, where retards argue other retards about the same subjects over and over, while knowing jack-shit themselves.

>> No.68288018

>>68284645
>>68284657
Wait, I recognise that screeching, we just had lots of it from one DAW thread where freetards kept claiming that it’s not the problem of their limited freetoys not supporting half of the industry plugins besides the fact that no one with an actual job uses them but ‘U DONT HAVE MUH TALENT’ on OS that has joke of an audio stack (pulse audio will be forever shit).

>> No.68288038

>>68287948
you can have my LOL's

>> No.68288103
File: 146 KB, 695x1188, 1540580114842.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
68288103

MODS HE POSTED IT AGAIN

>> No.68288129
File: 47 KB, 468x720, cool-story-bro.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
68288129

>>68287948
yeah okay

>> No.68288142

>>68287948
>update os
>audio inteface stops working
courage

>> No.68288156

>>68284479
piece of shit video editing software that people used before vegas and blender

>> No.68288192

>>68284525
You can game, only with like 3 fewer FPS, and video and music production is 100% superior on a Mac anyway, so hang yourself nigger.

>> No.68288198

>>68288142
Don't update it then?
Of course you're supposed to use the workstation only and only for producing music, nothing else. OS features don't matter. Windows simply has too much bloat running on the background to be efficient for music production.

>> No.68288227

>>68288192
>3 fewer FPS,
if you use a 1050ti on a 8k monitor

>> No.68288230

>>68288156
>blender for video editing
This is how you know someone's an a)poorfag who can't even afford a CC subscription, or b)too dumb to pirate a proper video editor of their choice.
Like literally wherever I see someone using blender for video editing they're 100% guaranteed to be a poorfag.

>> No.68288280
File: 501 KB, 300x169, behindthispost.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
68288280

>>68288230
>not spending money is bad

>> No.68288481

>premiere
What's that? Can it run Gentoo?

>> No.68288637

>>68288192
how is music production on Mac superior? That doesn't even make sense. Logic is inferior to Cubase and other DAWs.. Also VST performance is worse on Mac than on Windows.

>> No.68288671

>>68286028
did an overpriced housefire cpu that isn't available to purchase really btfo amd?

>> No.68288988

>>68286783
>shooting a shaky video of his monitor
opinion discarded.

>> No.68289014

>>68288988
>successful
>praised by eric prydz, deadmau5 etc..
>opinion discarded
show us your work anon

>> No.68289574
File: 30 KB, 673x556, Capture.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
68289574

>>68286028
Feeling agitated, Mong ?

>> No.68289624

>>68286028
>>68289574
>t. people who don't know that the market is at a freefall right now

>> No.68289766

>>68285183
all digital music released before the advent of i7 8700k is a physical impossibility, according to this graphic.
TIL >>68289624
neat, another financial crisis and I discovered posting from an Ryzen 2400g in a thread about how AMD fails at live music recording or some stupid shit.

>> No.68290418
File: 28 KB, 549x442, 1522614052499.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
68290418

>>68284479
A shitty video editing program that every idiot meme youtuber uses because they think it makes them a professional. People who actually know what they're doing use Vegas.

>>68284418
>pic related also crashes every video editing program
>because all video editing programs are literally millions of lines of terribly maintained, mostly undocumented spaghetti code built like sedimentary rocks over decades of deprecated features and unusable/unidentifiable functions

It doesn't matter what your setup is. Doesn't matter how fast your processor is, or how much memory you have, or if you're running on an SSD, or if you have a 2080 Ti or just the built in graphics on your G4560. If you're using Premiere or Vegas, it's going to crash.

>> No.68290572
File: 2.13 MB, 300x290, 1534653971242.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
68290572

>>68284860
>Everything above 5ms is absolute cancer
Hmmm, you sure about that?

I produce videos, not music, so maybe this is out of my expertise. But you wouldn't be able to notice, let alone detect, a 5ms delay in a video. That's less than 1/3 of one frame at 60fps. It takes, minimum, 30ms (about 2 frames) for a human to notice any delay between video and audio.

But please explain. Why is 5ms of latency "absolute cancer"? And I guess we should also address the elephant in the room: where in the fuck is your proof that Ryzen CPUs are different from Intel's in this regard, and why have I *never* heard anything about this """latency issue""" at all, ever? Keeping in mind that I work in the audio/video industry. This shit is literally my job.

>> No.68291090

>>68286923
A smart daw should drop any inaudible notes from the processing queue

>> No.68291101

>>68290572
You should keep asking this every time OP creates this same post. Eventually he'll have to give up.

>> No.68291114

>>68285578
Based 8400

>> No.68291201
File: 13 KB, 437x553, 1142.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
68291201

>>68290418
>People who actually know what they're doing use Vegas.

>> No.68291336

>>68289766
Good to see intelaviv shills ignoring this blessed post

>> No.68291942
File: 5 KB, 359x154, ohnonono.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
68291942

>>68287836
>people are losers if they like the better product.
>better product
>intel

lmao this fucking tripfag

>> No.68292303

>>68286465

> ITT: wannabe audio engineers who don't realize that CPU has been an non-issue for digital audio since the mid-2000s. It is just becoming more and more trivial as multi-core CPUs become more and more commonplace.

>> No.68292829

>>68284418
>not making music with real instruments
le nu-skrillex everyone

>> No.68292840

>>68288230
don't lie anon, you spent $7k on college, just so you could use adobe products for "free"

>> No.68292848

>>68292840
>spending 7k on college
man i fucking wish

>> No.68292891

>>68284418
>things that have never happened - the post

>> No.68292899

>>68284525
>>can't produce music

good. Based on everything produced for the last 20 years it would be better if no one did.

>> No.68292915

>>68286551
>reeeee this daw doesnt have some specific plugins wah wah wah
What the fuck is wrong with you. Real musicians record their synths into the DAW from real synths (like the MicroKORG). Fuck outta here with your shitty plugins.

>> No.68292926

>>68292915
epic bait

>> No.68292975
File: 460 KB, 1280x720, [HorribleSubs] Slow Start - 01 [720p].mkv_snapshot_09.06_[2018.01.06_19.24.28].png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
68292975

>>68284418
>he's not even getting paid for this shit

https://archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/text/crashes%20premiere/type/op/

>> No.68292976

>>68284525
>can't produce music
>literally useless cpu
What?
Pretty sure you don't need <5ms latency, you're not even a serious producer based on the fact that you're on /g/ making daily threads shilling intel. So stop whining like a fucking baby and make music like how people better than you have been doing with worse hardware.

>> No.68292998

>>68292926
Not even baiting. Get a MicroKORG.

>> No.68293041

>>68292975
I am.

>> No.68293449

>>68284525
You said the exact same thing last time this thread was posted.

I hope they pay you decently to shill here

>> No.68295123

this thread is still up?

>> No.68295140

>>68284418
Based Premiere OP exposing the shitty Ayymd CPOO yet again and all pajeets could do is seething.

>> No.68295184

>>68284525
My 1600 outperforms my 7700k by a mile in games (among other things). Fanboy shills in damage control.

>> No.68295205

Is a R5 2600 good enough for a streaming/video editing pc (Vegas) with 16GB RAM?
Or will I get away with 8?

>> No.68295207

>>68284418
Just ordered the 2700x.
Everywhere I see Intel users going apeshit on me.
Literally why?

>> No.68295222

>>68295123
Nobody uses sage anymore because nobody knows it exists.

>> No.68295230

>>68295184
>People actually believe this

Even if what you're saying is true which I doubt based on every gaming benchmark you're still pretty stupid to sidegrade to a whole new platform just few months apart from your old. Amdrones are brainless consumerist.

>> No.68295253

>>68290418
Premiere is comfy
You're a fucking idiot

>> No.68295335
File: 50 KB, 541x583, 1514990066101.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
68295335

>>68291201
Fine, people who know what they're doing use Resolve but it's pure ass if you're producing videos by yourself.

>>68292303
I can't imagine it's multiple people saying that. It's probably just the one astroturfer who started this thread, hoping people don't realize he's just larping as multiple posters.

>>68295253
Premiere is shit and so is your taste. Kill yourself you fucking fat ugly virgin faggot. I bet you've never even talked to a girl, let alone touched one. Fuck you.

>> No.68295349

>>68295205
Pls respund

>> No.68295384

>>68295205
>>68295349
This guy here: >>68290572

I edit on an i5-7500 with 8GB of memory. As long as you have at least a dual core with 4 threads and 8GB of memory, you can edit videos. A 2600 and 16GB of memory is more than enough, and anyone who tells you otherwise is either trying to sell you something or a fucking idiot.

>> No.68295413

I have an r5 1600x is it worth upgrading to the 2600x?

>> No.68295467

>>68295413
No.

>> No.68296044

>>68285467
Premiere issues exist, but it's an Adobe bug, nothing to do with AMD.
It's a much better in the latest release, but it's still buggy, honestly Adobe needs to fix their shit faster or I won't be creative clouding in the creative cloud anymore.

Vegas has 0 issues.

>> No.68296300

>>68285041
>>68284860
Looks fine to me

>> No.68296302
File: 179 KB, 1920x1037, wow its fucking nothing.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
68296302

>>68296300
Oops forgot image

>> No.68296327

>>68284656
Calvin Harris wrote his debut (and his only good) album on an amiga 1200.
Go home and practice, instead of shitposting

>> No.68296334

>>68284525
Works on my machine with Cubase 9.5 and a Ryzen 7 1700 :)

>> No.68296358

>>68284418
Wait, what latency issues? I bought an R7 1700 last year with producing in mind, and I've been using it since. No issues at all, even on large projects.

>> No.68296379

>>68286890
>MIDI Capabilities are a joke.
Explain further.

>> No.68296542

>>68286165
>kek
By what?

>> No.68296667
File: 625 KB, 1920x1200, Untitled-1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
68296667

>>68296302
why so slow?

>> No.68296696

>>68284418
Just use ffmpeg you stupid fucking zoomer

>> No.68296708

fucking shintel shilling fags

>> No.68296744

>>68285041
Yea fuck off with that one, my Intel i7 has way higher DPC latency than this guy: >>68296302

If you're so sensitive to DPC latency you should be removing any drivers for devices that you're not actively using and disabling all power management because that's what makes the difference.

>> No.68296802

>>68296542
Resolve and Nuke.

>> No.68296810

>>68296302
>2.2Ghz
You having a giggle, mate?

>> No.68296813

>>68296542
>can't greentext

>> No.68296836

>>68288156
>vegas
>>>/youtube/codmontage

>> No.68297023

>>68288637
You're terribly uninformed. Any even half serious producer uses Mac because it's simply faster.
Mac + protools is the industry standard.

>> No.68297519

>>68285578
The 2600 is cheaper than the 8400 and beats it rather easily.

>> No.68297540

>>68285836
>if Intel has a 5fps advantage. Shouts it from the rooftops.
>if AMD has a 5fps advantage -> REEE! AMD ARE POO IN LOO!

>> No.68297591

>>68295335
Who hurt you bro?

>> No.68297753

>>68286465
Professional piano players also require 256 note poliphony due to the way not runs work. When you hit a note on a digital piano you need notes to run into each other. If you are a really good player this can lead to some notes getting cut off as you hit many notes in a row. It ruins the acoustic performance if notes are being cut off prematurely. An acoustinc pianbo has no such limitations. I understand fully what the person is complaining about with regards to poliphony. Likewise an experience pianist can notice latency as low as 5ms when trying to play complex and fluid pieces. Non-musician tech plebs believe + 5ms is low enough for anything. But this is simply not true.

Talentless music making fag here that understands how this shit works even if I can't max out my system due to lack of actual talent.

>> No.68297835

>>68284418
>Intel has a legacy of single thread optimised, compiler biased, Windows scheduler biased applications. The post.
Tell us something new anon. Devs need to get off their fat, lazy asses and update shit to run better on different platforms. It's not AMD's fault. It's many years of fucking Intel bias.

>> No.68297850

Music production ha sa long legacy of using Apple Macs. Producing on Windows is for poorfags.

>> No.68297865

>>68284418
>can't produce music with it because shitty latency
Flat out lie.

>> No.68298013

>>68284525
I think you're on crack. I've been using a 2700x and before that a 1090t to produce music for quite a long while. I've never had latency issues.

>> No.68298111

>>68284418
How hasn't the Janitor not cleaned up this shit yet?

>> No.68298143
File: 92 KB, 300x300, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
68298143

>R7 1700
>runs Studio One just fine with no noticeable latency

>> No.68298208

>>68285268
>Pro Tools
What sins have you commited that warrant such a harsh punishment?

>> No.68298791

I wonder what kind of music the these "producers"' on /g/. I bet they make night core versions of their favorite anime OPs and call it producing.

>> No.68298821

>>68298111
He's the one making these threads.

>> No.68298882

>>68284418
Fuck off shill

>> No.68298920

>>68285262
>AMDs floating point pipelines are only 128 bits wide opposed to Intels 256 bit fp pipelines m8..
Good thing that they've got twice as many of them, then.

>> No.68298951

>>68295335
I licked a negro once

>> No.68298953
File: 99 KB, 1280x720, elsie-1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
68298953

>>68296302
>95% of DPCs run on CPU 0
Microsoft in charge of kernel engineering, people.

>> No.68298966

>>68284525
what a load of bullshit lmao

>> No.68298971

>>68284418
>>can't produce music with it because shitty latency
>shitty latency
You've heard about dedicated sound cards and ASIO, right?

>> No.68298985

>>68284418
UMA LATENCIA

>> No.68298991

>>68296667
>>68296810
what is cool n quiet?

>> No.68298997

>>68284418
this
intel is a dynamic company that provides superior user experience and overall a more cohesive product
amd products arent as robust and perspective

>> No.68299106

>>68298821
Let's say this were true, is there any way to report him to the mods?

>> No.68299110

>>68284525
>can't game
Nigga, I still use my FX-6300 for gaming, and it's fine

>> No.68299144

>>68297023
>Mac + protools is the industry standard.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

>> No.68299166

>>68298971
>doesn't understand how ASIO works

>> No.68299256

>>68299144
I'm in the industry, retard. I own a professional studio worth about $100k in total in equipment. Literally anyone I know in the industry either uses protools or logic.
Not like you basement dwellers who produce nigger-rap beats on fl studio / reason. Which I know very much about because I used to as well, like 10 years ago.
We have a 3rd gen quad-core i7 Mac mini (runs on OSX yosemite), which isn't particularly great at all in terms of hardware (probably worse than ryzen), but rarely experiences even minor cracks/pops with 64 buffer size. Because mac is just that well optimized for music production, unlike windows.

>> No.68299271

>>68299256
check mate https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mu8AcdQlApw

Deadmau5' studio is worth millions and he's using Windows.

>> No.68299285

>>68299256
>I own a professional studio worth about $100k in total in equipment.
Proof + timestamp or larp

>> No.68299307

>>68299256
Where's the proof?

>> No.68299338

>>68299271
>deadmau5
>fl studio kiddie who accidentally became popular
>horrible personality
>last name is literally (((zimmerman)))
Why should I care about the workflow choice of this absolutely abhorrent musician? Back to /mu/ with you.
>>68299285
>>68299307
I'm out of hometown. If this thread doesn't die in 2 days I'll post it.

>> No.68299361

>>68284495
>9800k(elvins)
kekd

>> No.68299381

>>68299338
>this absolutely abhorrent musician
top fucking kek.. he's one of the most successful electronic producers ever and he definitely knows his shit musically as well as technically.
>I'm out of hometown. If this thread doesn't die in 2 days I'll post it.
hahahahahaahahahahahaha
>lying on the Internet

>> No.68299386

>>68299338
I'm sure you will, just like all the other larpers have in the past.

>> No.68299394

>>68299381
> he's one of the most successful electronic producers ever
>successful != good
Whatever, you'll grow out of your phase.
>>68299386
>implying i have to prove myself to you.

>> No.68299399

>>68299394
Oh really? Define "good" for us. Show us some of your music then.

>> No.68299429

>>68284495
Had to look it up.
>9900 K = 17522.33° F

>> No.68299440

>>68284525
lies
works perfectly on my system
r7 1700x
no crashes
no anomalies
nothing
smooth sailing for 2 years, nearly 3 of daily use
begone shill

>> No.68299458

>>68299440
lies
works horribly on my system
r7 1700x
crashes
anomalies
everything
trubulent sailing for 2 years, nearly 3 of daily use

>> No.68299460

>>68284525
I use ableton with no latency.

>> No.68299474

>>68299460
>people who don't produce music making up things
that's not even possible

>> No.68299483

>>68299460
no latency? show us your buffersize

>> No.68299549
File: 29 KB, 400x505, 38d.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
68299549

>>68299338
>accidentally became popular
>"oops im a millionaire"
that man makes more a month than you will in a lifetime and has more talent in his shit than you do in your whole body
>man, people hate my music
>it must be latency!1!!!1!
>cant be that i have no talent or taste r-right guys?

get the fuck out of here larping retard

>> No.68299585

>>68296542
who are you quoting?

>> No.68299624

>>68299458
stop downloading porn
il give you a free truth bomb,
>that download wont hook you up with hot singles in your area
>there are no hot singles in your area
2 for the price of one now fuck off

>> No.68299628

>>68295207
>be an intcel
>watch intlel release generation after generation with barely 3% perf increase each
>eat this shit up because you're a fucking moron
>Ryzen arrives
>get matched or beaten by chip less than half the price
>cry scream and shit yourself cos youre so pathetic much of your identity comes from buying intel
>intel halves prices and doubles core counts overnight
>instead of realising intel has been treating you like a stupid sheep for five years
>double down on your fucking retarded Stockholm syndrome
>tard out further when reminded that 14nm++++++++++++ is a dead end and everyone else is going 10 or even 7nm
>youre such a fucking triggered fuckwit and brainfucked from doublethink and rationalisation
>all you can do is sit in the corner and scream REEEEEEEEEEEEE constantly
>you have so few functioning brain cells left you have no use or function
>beyond being a flashing billboard for the fall of Intel
>THE END
This is pretty much it in a nutshell.

>> No.68299640

>>68299144
He's not wrong. It's the industry standard because the old farts who own most studios don't want to learn something new, even though PT is ancient garbage. Warren Huart literally uses it "because that's what everyone else uses and knowing the systems well lets me work in any major studio".
However lately a lot of people, especially in the US, are getting fed up with both PT (subscription model) and Apple (shitty hardware and dropping compatability for older systems), and are switching to other DAWs, notably Studio One. So there is hope still.

>> No.68299654

>>68284418
Well better buy that Mac Mr. Big muzik produrer

>> No.68299665
File: 181 KB, 300x302, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
68299665

>>68299256
>3rd gen Mac Mini
>still on Yosemite

>> No.68299676
File: 65 KB, 626x626, 1540559202383.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
68299676

>guy makes the same thread every day
>baits hundreds of (you)s per week
>probably uses AMD himself
I used to do this too but then I started to work out and cured my depression, there is hope for you Anon. Sage.

>> No.68299690

>>68299394
>implying i have to prove myself to you.
Yes, yes you do. Either that or you fuck off you larping hipster cunt.

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
E-mail
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
reCAPTCHA
Action