Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Due to resource constraints, /g/ and /tg/ will no longer be archived or available. Other archivers continue to archive these boards.Become a Patron!

/g/ - Technology


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 235 KB, 1285x685, Screen Shot 2018-09-08 at 18.36.38.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67511009 No.67511009 [Reply] [Original] [archived.moe] [rbt]

>macOS

>> No.67511166
File: 317 KB, 660x720, 1536030545894.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67511166

>>67511009
>1TB exFAT
I hope that's a SSD

>> No.67511274

>>67511009
Not even once. Also that stupid photo viewer app, preview or something, that comes with the OS can't even open gifs. Did Applel fix this shit yet? Probably not.

>>67511166
Last time I used Mac OS was with High Sierra and that joke of an OS doesn't have NTFS write support. The only file systems it supports fully out of the box are HFS+, APFS, FAT32, and exFAT as far as I can remember.

Mac OS is a joke.

>> No.67511294

>>67511274
>using NTPooFS
kek

>> No.67511313
File: 33 KB, 500x522, dodged-your-bait-27681098.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67511313

>>67511009
You're opening a file with a viewer you haven't used before. That's a normal ass message.
Sage

>> No.67511317

>>67511166
No, is there any other file system that works on both windows and macos? I'm not installing ntfs driver to corrupt everything.
>>67511274
>preview or something, that comes with the OS can't even open gifs. Did Applel fix this shit yet?
No

>> No.67511338

>>67511313
No, that's preview, I have opened other some other pictures before with no such message

>> No.67511347

>>67511274
>it doesn't support a shitty proprietary file system
>but it supports literally every relevant file system
Yes, that's what makes it a good os

>> No.67511349

>>67511313
a viewer you haven't used before? what?

>> No.67511353

>>67511274
>Sierra and that joke of an OS doesn't have NTFS write support
No OS except windows has good NTFS support. On Mac and Linux you're stuck with FUSE or the paragon driver

>> No.67511358

>>67511274
Same shituation as any other OS that isn't Windows NT. You get write support by installing FUSE and NTFS 3G. This works on both Linux-based systems and OS X.

Gifs works on my system.

>> No.67511374

>>67511294
>>67511347
>>67511353
>>67511358
Not an argument, Macintoddlers. Applol supports Winshit in Bootcamp but doesn't even have full NTFS support in OS X. This is unacceptable.

>> No.67511378

>>67511347
It doesn't support ext4

>> No.67511380

>>67511349
You get that message if you open an app you've downloaded for the first time.
If you open another file with that program, that's the message you get.

>> No.67511382

>>67511009
I don't use macOS any more but this happened to me a few times.
No fucking clue what it was.

>> No.67511399

>>67511378
True, but that's what osxfuse is for

>> No.67511413

>>67511374
Bootcamp is for desperate fucks who can't ditch Windows for good
if you need Wangblows software, then macOS is not for you

>> No.67511415
File: 698 KB, 870x1269, Screen Shot 2018-09-08 at 19.07.46.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67511415

>>67511358
>Gifs works on my system.
Preview

>> No.67511420

>>67511374
>. Applol supports Winshit in Bootcamp
All they do is ship some basic drivers that supports the trackpad and some other features of apple hardware. Everything else is plain standard drivers used by any Intel system.

I hope you enjoy your yous. They're meaningless to me but you can have them if they make you happy.

>> No.67511426

>>67511347
>No first party ReFS, XFS, EXT{3,4}, ZFS, BTRFS, UFS, or F2FS

>> No.67511434

>>67511374
Literally all bootcamp does is allow you to install windows to the bootloader.
This has nothing to with the actual software that you would need to mount an NTFS partition.

>> No.67511442
File: 539 KB, 1440x900, 1536293232474.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67511442

>>67511353
>>67511294
This.
>>67511378
xfs*
>>67511374
Why would you want to use that meme filesystem? Even microsoft knows it's shit and has been working on a replacement.

>> No.67511446

>>67511415
Well they aren't animating. not animating them doesn't mean they're not supported. If you want animations, you could use any other file viewer like Xee, or maybe you could just use quicklook.

>> No.67511455

>>67511426
>no first party support for obscure ass file systems
No shit. The only relevant ones you just listed are ext3 and 4

>> No.67511479

>>67511455
t. redhat cuck

>> No.67511482

>>67511455
But those are legacyware file systems

>> No.67511489

>>67511420
>>67511434
>>67511442
>w-w-why do you need that feature?!?!
>w-why do you even know that?!?!?
We're reaching levels of macfaggotry that shouldn't even be possible.

>> No.67511504

MACTODDLERS BTFO

>> No.67511528

>>67511489
>Why wouldn't you want your os to be bloated because of support for legacy stuff
You sound like a wintoddler

>> No.67511543

>>67511482
They're the most supported ones on Linux systems

>> No.67511553

>>67511347
>it doesn't support a shitty proprietary file system
Yet it supports HFS+ which is garbage, proprietary and irrelevant.

>> No.67511569

>>67511528
Mac OS is already like twice the size of Windows. What the fuck are you talking about? And I can go get a Linux live ISO that fits on a 700MB CD that has support for over a dozen file systems.

Wow wee, you're a fucking idiot.

>> No.67511590

>>67511455
>ZFS
widespread usage for servers
>F2FS
used by Android for SD cards

>> No.67511598

>>67511313
Enjoy ban bud

>> No.67511601

Guys I need to replace my pc and im actually considering getting a mac. Because I want a computer that just works. And in 5 years itll probably still work. I dont need a very powerful pc anyway. Should I just get a mac?

>> No.67511624
File: 83 KB, 656x611, 1506858157767.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67511624

>>67511601
>I want a computer that just works
>macshit
lmao

>> No.67511648

>>67511569
Back when you could choose features and components to install with OS X (around 10.4 and 10.5), you could save quite a bit of space by simply not installing other languages than the one or two you'd actually use. The language files take up quite some space. Windows doesn't ship with those out of the box, but downloads them when you try to add a new language, so switching languages isn't as instant as it is on OS X.

>> No.67511652

>>67511569
>base macos install is 10gb
>base win10 install is at least 12gb
Bullshit, look it up.
The thing about Linux is true, but the reason for that is that Linux is a system that is prominently used on servers, so it would need support for those obscure file systems.

>> No.67511670

>>67511590
>for servers
No shit, guess what macos is not intended to be used for.

>> No.67511686

>>67511601
Yes.
Before that though, check that is has support for all the software you need. Other than that you should be good with it for a long time.
I'm still using my 2011 MacBook Pro, the only thing I did with it was throw in an SSD, it still works perfectly.

>> No.67511719

>>67511601
Yeah, get a Mac. Then use it for less than a year, and when you can't take it anymore, sell it and buy yourself a real computer. I fell for the Maninturd meme and I couldn't even deal with it for 8 months before getting rid of it.

So go to the Apple store with a handful of cash you want to waste and begin your journey to fruit shaped hell.

>>67511652
Bullshit. I did a fresh install less than a year ago and fagOS ate up like 25GB. The RAM usage was also absurd. It was using like 3-4GB sitting idle right after boot.

>>67511670
Exactly, no one wants that toy OS on servers because it's unstable and insecure trash that's basically an outdated FreeBSD cluster fuck under the hood. If an OS isn't good enough for servers, it sure as shit isn't fit for desktop use.

>> No.67511802

>>67511686
Yeah should be good software wise.
>>67511719
What didnt you like about it then?

>> No.67511828
File: 94 KB, 698x650, Screen Shot 2018-09-08 at 19.35.34.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67511828

>>67511719
>fagOS ate up like 25GB
false
>The RAM usage was also absurd. It was using like 3-4GB sitting idle right after boot.
it's more like 5-6GB, which is ridiculous

>> No.67511898

>>67511828
Their RAM usage is one of the reasons I really don't like the soldered RAM trend Apple is currently on. Eventually the RAM in your macbook just isn't enough, but all you really need os more RAM, not a faster CPU or thinner sleeker design. Much cheaper to upgrade RAM than to buy a whole new laptop.

>> No.67511951

>>67511802
The hardware was shit. Poorly cooled Intel dual core shit that would constantly overheat just from opening a dozen 4chan browser tabs and one 720p youtube video. The OS has the issues mentioned above, plus the App Store has nothing of value. I didn't use a single program from it the whole time I used a Mac. Third party support is ass, and homebrew is clunky hacked together trash you need to use just to get a recent version of Bash. The UI is ass backwards, and closing windows won't close programs (you have to close them manually). Finder is also garbage that hides away all of the system files from you and has color tags and other useless bullshit you have to waste time disabling. Siri is a worthless gimmick. The dock is also a gay waste of space and auto hiding it just makes it that much more painful to use.

Now I'm back to a used ThinkPad with Kubuntu. Half the price, twice the specs, none of the bullshit. Never fall for the macshit meme.

>> No.67511975

>>67511719
>I did a fresh install less than a year ago and fagOS ate up like 25GB.

Wrong. See: https://support.apple.com/kb/SP765?locale=en_US

>The RAM usage was also absurd. It was using like 3-4GB sitting idle right after boot.
RAM is treated a little differently by macOS than by Windows. Generally speaking, the system liberally uses memory. Specifically, the operating system will keep recently used applications in-memory so that they can be restarted faster. That memory is available to use. Saying `it was using like 3-4Gb after boot` isn't really communicating anything meaningful. With the advanced suspend/restore system in macOS, probably ~1Gb of that memory was actually in-use, which is common with today's operating systems.

>> No.67511986
File: 1.08 MB, 1280x888, 1522960072895.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67511986

>>67511601
>2006-2015
>trackpad impossible to click near upper edge & loose at bottom
>flimsy diving board piece of shit
>even applel admitted it's shit and went back to non-click touchpads
>shit tier 1mm travel chiclet kb
>OSX has horrendous battery management
>applel's solution is to cram in a heavy 95WHr battery
>even XTREME GAMER laptops like razer blade with 4X the CPU/GPU power and 70WHr battery matches it in battery life
>gets BTFO by 55WHr Windows laptops in battery life
>huge battery takes up the space where a cooling system would've been in a laptop not designed by the world's thinnest and lightest gay hipsters
>abysmally crippled cooling system leads to constant overheating
>constant overheating leads to chronic throttling to 800mhz
>heat exhaust BLOWS HOT AIR ONTO SCREEN
>screen assembly HELD TOGETHER WITH GLUE
>retina meme for "pros" have have <70% aRGB
>glossy mirror screen impossible to use with overhead lighting
>blurry as shit retina meme scaling
>shitbook air even worse with 1366x768 TN eye cancer
>systemic battery explosion problems for over a decade

>2016+
>same problems as above plus:
>can't use any existing TB3 devices
>can't use USB and wifi at the same time
>memetouch emojibar
>soldered ram
>soldered SSD
>tamper tape on battery screws
>applel falls for their own thin meme and uses 54WH battery
>2 hour battery life
>no USB-A
>no escape

>ultra shit tier zero travel kb
>keyboard louder than WWII cricket
>keyboard fails and requires $1000 repair if a speck of dust gets under a key
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdS3tjEIqUA

>it's 2018 and moving folders around in finder will STILL cause massive data loss
http://www.howtogeek.com/198043/how-to-merge-folders-on-mac-os-x-without-losing-all-your-files-seriously

>macshit literally has the build quality of a $200 acer for 10x the price
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUaJ8pDlxi8

>macshit is good
Can we finally put an end to this meme?

>> No.67512008
File: 83 KB, 645x614, afe66e497e7ec52a3e6c841b635e34eb9790342c40fa8d9d1cdcd717f4fa8ec0.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67512008

>>67511975
>muh advanced feetures eat da ram!

>> No.67512042

>>67512008
The RAM isn't actually being used by applications. You are getting real, tangible benefits (app start speed and continuity between uses) with that memory. If the system is under load, the RAM will be released and allocated to applications. There's literally no reason to care.

Suspend/Resume on macOS is miles ahead of the competition. No amount of memes will change this fact.

>> No.67512076

>>67512042
Suspend/Resume on macOS is copied directly from Windows Vista. No amount of shilling will change this fact.

>> No.67512084
File: 67 KB, 900x729, 533.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67512084

>>67512042
Yes, it was being used. Do you think I'm dumb enough to not know what cached data is? Don't talk down to me, you stupid iShill. I tried your fruitfag shitware and I was extremely dissatisfied with it. I think you should pack up all your fischer price babyish bullshit and take it to /lgbt/, you raging homo.

Thank you, have a nice day.

>> No.67512097

>>67512084
MACFAGGOTS BTFO

>> No.67512107

>>67511951
Guess im gonna try out Mac OS a bit first then.

>> No.67512112

>>67512042
>Suspend/Resume on macOS is miles ahead of the competition. No amount of memes will change this fact.
Every damn day I had a crappy HP/Asus/Acer laptop owner show up complaining about their laptop not booting. Every single one of them had the sleep light active. For some reason Windows machines (especially the cheap shitty ones) have issues waking from sleep. OS X and Macbooks has these issues too sometimes, but the issues are not nearly as wide spread as it is on Windows machines.

For some reason my boss wanted me to take these machines in for "service" and charge 80 dollars to fix them. When all you had to do was hold the power button for a few seconds to force the machine to turn off. I guess this is why I never got more than part time work in that store.

>> No.67512139
File: 21 KB, 328x353, 1517648084652.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67512139

>>67511951
>gay anal sex is bad!
>i got syphilis, herpes, warts, AIDS, etc

>>67512107
>guy i'm gonna try out gay anal sex a bit first then

>> No.67512154

>>67511986
I actually have a 2017 MacBook Pro (13" with touch bar) and bought it for multiple reasons: a UNIX system since I'm a JS meme developer (which I need virtualization for in Windows), compatibility with all operating systems (since Apple is too retarded to make their whole system accessible on other custom hardware) and because I wanted to try it once.

Regrets. All over. I have not run into any of your mentioned issues yet, but I am aware of many of them. I am mainly on my Windows desktop (running Ubuntu in a VM for work, but my desktop has enough hardware resources for that), so I am not using the MacBook that much. My friend that I work with however uses the keyboard a lot and has a few keys that are already fucking up, the famous shit keyboard. So that issue is definitely real.

Another thing is the trackpad, which works beautifully when you’re in MacOS. However, once you go with Bootcamp (if it works) the trackpad really sucks. Movements feel extremely unprecise and delayed or whatever, I cannot describe it, it just doesn’t work as it should. Aside from bootcamp itself sucking and eGPUs for example not being recognized without hacks and workarounds, something interesting happened to another friend of mine. He had bootcamp running with Win10 and after a MacOS update when he started the bootcamp app, it just wiped his entire windows partition. The two friends were using 2016 MacBook Pros by the way, not the 2017 model.

1/2

>> No.67512157

>>67512076
I can upgrade my OS while working, have the machine restart in < 15 seconds, and have the machine in the same exact state I left it (without saving anything - down to forms partially filled out in applications).

It's sad that there are people that actually believe Windows is competitive with application suspend/resume.

>> No.67512169

>>67512084
Yes, I do think you are that dumb.

>> No.67512178

/g/ is an apple board newfags. Get a mac or get otu.

>> No.67512183

>>67512154
2/2

Also their OS updates become worse and worse. I sometimes cannot shut down my MacBook because it gets stuck on a loading indicator and other times when I wake it up from sleep I usually have a short completely blurry screen like the noise signal on TVs, not sure how to describe it. It also happened a few times that that issue wouldn’t go away and I had to reboot it.

By no means I’m trying to say you’re bullshitting anyone or anything, I just thought I’d leave my opinion as an actual owner of such a device.

Anyways: if you’re not required to use apple (daily work with certain software), I’d strongly recommend to stay away from their devices. Their cooling sucks, the hardware sucks and their “quality” is a joke. I used to have the same opinion prior to owning a device, and now I actually do have a founded opinion of that.

>> No.67512212

>>67512042
>Suspend/Resume on macOS is miles ahead of the competition.
What do you mean? It takes 20 seconds for macOS to sleep, Windows takes third of that time. I really hate this.

>> No.67512219
File: 367 KB, 400x1650, 1519523184499.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67512219

>>67512178

>> No.67512234 [DELETED] 
File: 96 KB, 1879x1061, meme2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67512234

@67511420
>They're meaningless to me

>> No.67512396

>>67512219
illya poster uses macos. Your argument is invalid.

>> No.67512444 [DELETED] 
File: 1.16 MB, 3840x2160, 1515645765002.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67512444

>>67512178
C O P E

>> No.67512483

>>67512444
You're not illya poster. Fuck off poser.

>> No.67512787
File: 715 KB, 1008x709, 1536327635417.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67512787

>>67512157
Sounds pretty fucking lazy and useless desu senpai

>> No.67512821 [DELETED] 

>>67511009
>weeb

>> No.67512921 [DELETED] 
File: 503 KB, 648x300, 1c3c8c51.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67512921

>>67512821
anime website

>> No.67513002 [DELETED] 

>>67512921
MACTODDLERS BTFO

>> No.67513020 [DELETED] 
File: 25 KB, 300x250, 46baf9cb.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67513020

>>67513002
Not before my cupa

>> No.67513469

>>67511415
>>67511446
Just press the spacebar when an image or video file is highlighted for a preview. macOS has literally the best file system for sifting through thousands of photos/videos.

>> No.67513526

>>67513469
>macshit
Found your problem.

>> No.67513555 [DELETED] 
File: 207 KB, 920x686, anime.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67513555

>>67512921

>> No.67513560

>>67513469
No, quicklook is slow and like preview doesnt cache properly, what is honeyview of macos

>> No.67513612

All I'm getting from this thread is that macos is a literal training wheel system.

>> No.67513625
File: 635 KB, 1440x1742, 1521086291593.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67513625

>>67513469
>appLEL

>> No.67513645
File: 142 KB, 1285x685, 1536421123921.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67513645

>>67511009
lrn2png for fuck's fucking sake

>> No.67513701

>>67513560
You are so full of shit, I use quick look all the time to sift through thousands of RAW photos, each 20MB+ and it doesn't hesitate for a second. I can't find any other app that loads so fast, even if it pre-caches thumbnails. I'm on the cheapest macbook pro btw, the non-touch bar model.

>> No.67513727

Anyone here have an external GPU?

What's the best price for performance

>> No.67513763
File: 340 KB, 398x582, 1509136330836.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67513763

>>67513645
A whole 93KB saved!
Oh boy, that sure was worth the extra effort!

>> No.67513769

>>67512157
>and have the machine in the same exact state I left it

windows does this now. feelsgoodman

>> No.67513778

>>67513701
t. never used honeyview
I've used both and quicklook is piece of shit compared to honeyview

>> No.67513874

>>67513778
Why would I use third-party software when the first-party stuff works fine for my needs. You have to be a complete idiot to fix something that isn't broken.

>> No.67513896

>>67511009
post the image already

>> No.67513944
File: 350 KB, 1125x857, 1511192826360.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67513944

>the state of fagOS

>> No.67513991
File: 222 KB, 398x582, 1536434135962.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67513991

>>67513763
lrn2png for fuck's fucking sake

>> No.67514005

>>67513991
Oh fuck
I even realized that your PNG was previously a badly compressed JPG
I wanna puke

>> No.67514007
File: 947 KB, 1280x720, quicklook1.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67514007

>>67513874
because it's

>> No.67514017
File: 415 KB, 1280x720, honeyview.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67514017

>>67514007
better and >>67513944

>> No.67514102
File: 996 KB, 1920x1080, 1464876144932.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67514102

>>67513991
Cry more.

>> No.67514142

>>67513944
I don't get this meme

>> No.67514186

>>67513769
windows does it badly as a windows user it's a hindrance
>>67513727
yes but hackintosh laptop egpu, if you're talking about gpus and not the adapters then get a recent amd gpu from rx4XX to later

>> No.67514222

>>67514142
>I'm fucking blind
>what the fuck is anti-aliasing

>> No.67514233

>>67512154
>>67512183
informative post anon, thank you

>> No.67514280
File: 806 KB, 1920x1080, 1536435871629.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67514280

>>67514102
lrn2png for fuck's fucking sake

>> No.67514343
File: 3.40 MB, 4090x2300, 1464876144932.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67514343

>>67514280
Keep crying.

>> No.67514366

>>67514343
Oh boi, that's a big one

>> No.67514400
File: 341 KB, 500x375, 1304376955947.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67514400

>>67511009
>saberfags

>> No.67514403

>>67513763
That shit adds up when you have actual millions of image files.

>> No.67514554

>>67514403
How poor are you? Storage is dirt cheap.

>> No.67514578

>>67511652
>NTFS
>Obscure
literally most of the world uses NTFS still
also, not an argument, it's proof that it doesn't cost anything space-wise to include NTFS support, Apple are just being shills of proprietary garbage as always, walled garden and all like how iPhones still don't use either of the two normal charging ports (USB Micro or USB-C)

>> No.67514609

>>67514554
What does that have to do with anything?
Don't try and weasel your way out of efficiency.
>why save bytes when you could just not save bytes?
>storage is cheap, this is only 1 aspect related to filesize and I'm not considering bandwidth usage but like come on dude just let it breathe
Nah man, it's literally free savings that you can run automatically.

>> No.67514615

>>67511601
get a chromebook, when it shows its age, put Ubuntu on it and you'll get 5 more years out of it

>> No.67514674

>>67514609
What terminal utility do you use?

>> No.67514728

>>67514609
>efficiency
I don't think you know what that word means. How is it efficient to convert all your files to save marginal amounts of space?

>> No.67514779

>>67514674
I wrote a script that passes them through to multiple utilities depending on the type.

>>67514728
I legitimately can't tell if this is supposed to be joke or not.

>> No.67514792

>>67514779
That isn't a point anon.

>> No.67514815

>>67514792
I'm not sure what you mean.

>> No.67514824

>>67514815
You didn't actually address >>67514728, you just decided to go
>h-heh you must be joking!

>> No.67514857

>>67514824
What is there to address?
>How is it efficient
>to save ... amounts of space?
I'm highly confident this is done on purpose to be funny, but it really isn't.

>> No.67514921

>>67514857
So basically the dispute was over the definition of the word efficient.
How can you say taking a screenshot, saving it, running it through something and then uploading it is more efficient than just taking a screenshot and ctrl+v it into whatever you need it for (e.g. 4chan, email)?

>> No.67514977

>>67511601
The 2015 MacBook Pros were the last good Apple computers. Don't buy any of their new trash.

>> No.67515043

>>67514977
*2013

>> No.67515061

>>67514921
There's no dispute, the scenario you proposed is different than the one previously mentioned.

In my specific usecase I have easily saved close to a TB of data in the storage context alone. Not to mention the fact that I distribute these files heavily through multiple means, meaning a continuous saving, per transfer, per file. All of this is done automatically on a schedule.

Even in the case you mentioned, I'd just write a shell extension to monitor for imagedata on the clipboard, compress the data on the fly, and replace the clip contents. I see literally no reason not to do this if it can be automated. For a typical screenshot my CPU can encode to PNG and restructure to the MOST optimal layout in less than 5 seconds. The DEFAULT optimization level for something like optipng is almost instantaneous. In both cases it's less time than it would take me to click the post button.

There's literally no argument against it unless you have an ancient CPU, and are exclusivley doing things once, in real time. Which is still feasible but also the rare case for me. Most of my images are generated once, processed once, and accessed many times.

After writing all this, I realized this is probably bait. But I wrote it already so I'll post it.

>> No.67515109

>>67515061
>being this autistic
I'm not going to write a fucking shell script so save a few KBs and I don't give a shit if someone has third world internet and it takes them longer to load it.

>> No.67515144

>>67515109
That isn't a point. It's just an example of your incapability, and flaws as a person. Sorry that my ability to take advantage of utilities that give me a free benefit in every way, upsets you, but that's no reason to insult me.

>> No.67515174

>>67515144
You're all about efficiency, so how come you haven't written what you described yet?
What, are you an incapable and flawed person or something?

>> No.67515192

>>67515174
>You're all about efficiency, so how come you haven't written what you described yet?
??? >>67514779

>> No.67515199

>>67515192
>I'd just write a shell extension to monitor for imagedata on the clipboard, compress the data on the fly, and replace the clip contents. I see literally no reason not to do this if it can be automated.
Nice one, faggot. Where is it?

>> No.67515201
File: 137 KB, 636x727, 1525839300795.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67515201

>>67514977
>>67515043
There can't be a last if there was never a first.

>> No.67515243

>>67515199
That's your usecase, not mine. Why would I write something for someone else that I'm not going to use myself? If I have some arbitrary need to use the clipboard for imagedata, instead of a string path, I'll do that.

You're nuts if you think I'd do you a favor like that after the way you acted.

>> No.67515258

>>67515243
I thought you were about doing everything in the most efficient way possible though?
Don't tell me you manually save screenshots and process them before using them?

>> No.67515302

>>67511274
>crying about muh shitty wintoddler filesystem
NTFS should be illegal. I recently found out that wintoddlers still have to defrag their disks. What is this, the fucking 90's? LMAO

>> No.67515311

>>67515258
>I thought you were about doing everything in the most efficient way possible though?
I'm only about doing my operations in the most efficient way. What you do is not a concern of mine.

>Don't tell me you manually save screenshots and process them before using them?
I don't save screenshots period. The only ones I have come from my media player which on "s" saves them to my image folder, where they get processed next cycle.

Again, if for whatever reason I was posting several screenshots a day, then sure I'd write that. It's a trivial program to write, and you could do it multiple ways.

You seem frustrated, I'm not sure why.

>> No.67515329

>>67515311
>You seem frustrated
Says the guy writing big long replies when you are seemingly convinced I'm baiting you.

>> No.67515360

>>67512084
Jesus christ these wojaks are really getting out of hand.

>> No.67515367

>>67515201
They're laptops, not render machines. I'm pissed at the new ones because they also fail at laptops, not because of muh thermals.

>> No.67515377

>>67511274
>Also that stupid photo viewer app, preview or something, that comes with the OS can't even open gifs. Did Applel fix this shit yet? Probably not.

Preview is a document viewer/light editor.

Quick Look has had gif support for well over a decade.

>> No.67515394

>>67515329
I don't see how writing a detailed, clear post explaining myself is in any way a sign of frustration. I am not calling you a faggot or anything else like you're doing. We're on /g/, typing quickly is not an uncommon skill here, neither is the ability to write optimal workflows.

Whether I think you're baiting or not isn't important, I have to give you the benefit of the doubt either way. Since we're in a public forum, it's adventagious for me to do anyway, for even if I disrespect you personally, you are only 1 of many reading this. Someone else may gain something in this interaction, even if it's not you or I.

I'm here to waste time on a Saturday discussing technology with other people, hardly frustrating. It would be better if you were genuine with me instead of insincere, but what can I do about that, become upset? Not worth it.

>> No.67515431

>>67514857
Efficiency is usually measured by workload/time, not by storage space.

>> No.67515441

>>67515394
Could you sound even more pretentious? Its a fucking image board.

>> No.67515519

>>67515431
Smaller files transfer faster. The time to process and transfer a png can be (and in my experience, often is) faster than it would take to transfer the png raw. This is per operation too. For my average saving, this is about 20-30%, per operation with a cost of 1 time processing.

>>67515441
Where we are is not somehow going to influence me, why would it? We're allowed to speak freely here, so I will. If it bothers you, focus on someone/something else. Why interact with me if you don't enjoy it lmao. I don't know you well Anon, but I feel somewhat bad for you if you regularly get this frustrated so easily.

Take your own advice, it's just an imageboard, try not to take it so seriously.

>> No.67515538
File: 58 KB, 770x513, .jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67515538

>>67515519
>You seem frustrated
>I feel somewhat bad for you if you regularly get this frustrated

>> No.67515554

>>67515538
It's observation, not projection. Look at the reply chain, the other anon is not only willing to admit they're not putting effort into their posts, but resorting to name calling almost immediately. While I can't say for certain, I'm highly confident they're frustrated and they haven't even denied it yet so it's even more likely.

>> No.67515556

>>67511009
The fuck. It shouldn't do that for anything but executables.

>> No.67515566

>>67515554
>but resorting to name calling almost immediately
>this is somehow surprising
How new?

>> No.67515582

>>67515566
I didn't say it was surprising, I said it was the case. I'm not sure where you got surprised from.

>> No.67515601

>>67515582
It surprised you enough to thing it was something worth mentioning instead of just going with it.

>> No.67515639

>>67515601
I'm having trouble following that train of thought. Mentioning something that happened isn't a sure sign of surprise in my experience. In either case, I'm not sure how it relates, surprised or not, it's still the case.

I'm not really sure what you're highlighting and/or confused about.

>> No.67515652

>>67515639
Too many words for no actual point.

>> No.67515662
File: 81 KB, 1071x606, 1519235526971.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67515662

>>67515329
>Says the guy writing big long replies when you are seemingly convinced I'm baiting you.
yee of little empathy

>> No.67515678

dumb weeb

>> No.67515721

>>67515652
Ahh, I see. Yes, it's mainly a subjective focus. Someone else brought it up, I'm just responding to it. The purpose is to highlight their frustration for their own benefit, in case they're not aware of it. It's not healthy to become so easily frustrated so I just want to touch on it a bit with them while we can. It's not something you can normally do unless you're anonymous.

>> No.67515734

>>67515721
>>67515652

>> No.67515766

>>67515734
And yours are too few in my opinion. But that's where we differ. A post is a post, it doesn't have to make a point. This isn't the debate club, it's the technology club. I'm not looking for an argument, I'm looking for open discussion.

>> No.67515783

>>67515766
Every reply you make makes you sound like a superfluous faggot though.
You need to learn to get to the fucking point.

>> No.67515857

>>67515783
>Every reply you make makes you sound like a superfluous faggot though.
What's your point? I write verbosely because it's less ambiguous. It should take people much less effort to read it than it did for me to write it. We're not children here.

>You need to learn to get to the fucking point.
I'm not trying to make a point right now. I'm not sure what you thought was going on. I'm explaining what has already happened. There's no point or purpose, it's just clarification for the confused (you in this case).

>> No.67515869

>>67515857
Thanks for proving my point.

>> No.67515880

>>67515869
Can you explain your point to me? I missed it.

>> No.67515889

>>67515880
No.

>> No.67515892
File: 109 KB, 1280x522, lowlife_2017.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67515892

Are you guys still going?

>2 anons pointlessly arguing with each other on 4chinz about efficiency (amongst other things)
>no resolution, no end in sight
>the things they could've been doing in the mean time...

>> No.67515931

>>67515889
Why not?

>>67515892
>the things they could've been doing in the mean time...
In my opinion, it's a fools errand to try and be productive 100% of the time. We all have to enjoy leisure time sometime. I spend my free time discussing things I enjoy with other people, likeminded or otherwise.

Does it bother you? if so, why?
We're not harming anyone with our subtopic. If you wish, you can staret your own, just like this. The imageboard format allows for it, and the tools like inline replies or even threaded replies make it manageable for everyone. We're not disrupting anything. We're passing the time, doing what we enjoy. Participate with us if you want, or with someone else about something else. Enjoy this time.

>> No.67515941

>>67515931
Can't be bothered to, I thought it was obvious and this is just going round in circles now.

>> No.67515962
File: 22 KB, 730x402, ms.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67515962

>windows

>> No.67515970

>>67515941
Fair enough. I have to admit, I'm not going to put in the effort in trying to decipher it on my own. I want to start working on a program soon.

>> No.67516025
File: 385 KB, 1920x1075, CHUCKLES.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67516025

>>67515931
>I spend my free time discussing things I enjoy with other people, likeminded or otherwise.
Oh god, he's arguing with me now....
No you don't. You waste your "freetime" (seems you have plenty) pointlessly arguing with strangers on the internet.
No net gain, nothing learned, no positive result. If you believe otherwise you're deluding yourself.

m8. it's time to step away from the computer/put the device down and do something that doesn't involve a screen.

Have a tippytop day m8.

>> No.67516179

>>67516025
>You waste your "freetime" (seems you have plenty) pointlessly arguing with strangers on the internet.
A pastime is inherently going to be a "waste" of time. That's the cost of leisure. You may have different preferences to than me, but it's in no way different. Do you like jerking off? Is there any inherent value to that other than personal fulfillment? Some people call that a waste of time, other people call it necessary to maintain a better stress level. I feel the same way about discussing seriously with "strangers" (the people I interact with regularly on a daily basis for over a decade).

>No net gain, nothing learned, no positive result. If you believe otherwise you're deluding yourself.
What a hasty conclusion to jump to. Discussing with detractors is by far the most valuable exercise in patience in my experience. Which patience in itself I find valuable and would rather strengthen than let waste away. Being forced to give backing reasons to why you say and do what you do is a beneficial exercise in my opinion. It makes me question the validity of things, and reaffirm what I actually think and feel. Literally something people have found valuable for our entire existence (discussion).

>m8. it's time to step away from the computer/put the device down and do something that doesn't involve a screen.
I enjoy this and have the liberty to do it, so I will. I see no reason not to. If you noticed my focus on efficiency, this is the reason. I value my free time and being efficient allows me to have more of it. You might consider it a waste because you have less free time yourself, or because you see no value in my actions, you'd rather do different, equally pointless tasks, or maybe it's something else entirely. But what you have to remember is that we're not the same person and I don't have to act just like you, nor do you have to act like me, or anyone else other than yourself. I do what I enjoy and you're telling me to stop. No.

>> No.67516199

>>67516179
literal autism everyone

>> No.67516208

>>67511274
Because NTFS is shit, use HFS+

>> No.67516216

>>67516199
I'd rather be autistic and happy than autistic and miserable.

>> No.67516232
File: 57 KB, 750x670, Jackie.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67516232

>>67516199
Sad thing is he's akshully deluded himself into thinking it's productive.

>> No.67516242
File: 81 KB, 645x729, 1529581912012.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67516242

>>67516208
>HFS+

>> No.67516276

>>67516232
You can't read if that's the conclusion you came to. It's Saturday, I'm allowed to not be productive if I choose not to be. We're not all in some desperate situation where we can't afford to waste a single day.
What are you doing today that's so productive? You had all that time to make that post, why'd you do it? Are you trying to be productive or are you trying to relax? You're not fooling anyone.

>> No.67516343
File: 44 KB, 329x399, 1481087977117.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67516343

>>67516242
>NTFS
Feels good being an APFS Chad, chinlet wintoddler.

>> No.67516345

>the idea that someone could enjoy themselves on the internet is this improbable to some people
most jej

>> No.67516359

>>67516345
>the idea that someone could enjoy themselves on the internet is this improbable to people who willingly spend their free time on the internet
even better

>> No.67516364
File: 28 KB, 399x385, 1523778238660.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67516364

>>67516343
>a cock smoker
>posting a "gays not welcome" image

>> No.67516377
File: 1.68 MB, 3072x2304, P7030211.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67516377

>>67516276
I'm going to bite again
>inb4 I'm a hypocrite for pointlessly arguing with you

Yesterday I went to muh archery club. Shot a couple of golden ends, went shopping with the missus and did some gardening in the arvo. I did most of the dinner prep for the roast we had last night. All in all a gud day off
Today (I'm an Auscunt) I'm coaching muh youngest's soccer team and then I'll probably have some down time on the couch with the eldest watching some shows we like together.

And you'll probably still be here arguing with strangers.

As I said earlier - hope you have a gud one. I know mine will be.

>> No.67516381
File: 117 KB, 782x835, 1469922867277.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67516381

>>67516364
>uses Android
>calling others cock smokers
inb4 "i-i don't use android, h-haha"

>> No.67516485

>>67516377
I find nothing wrong with being a hypocrite, it's only human. We can say what we wish we were, while not being that. I trust a smoker to tell me not to smoke cigarettes.

>everything else
I can only repeat what I already said. What we both find enjoyable, is different. There's some irony in people calling me autistic while not being able to accept this fact.

If you enjoy all the things you listed, by all means, enjoy it. I'm not going to argue against it, but I'm not going to pretend like shopping and going to a sporting event wouldn't be considered anything more than a chore to me. What you described, from my perspective, is a true waste of the day that I 100% sincerely would rather spend here, with you people, discussing ANYTHING, important or not.

If you disagree with this, then you're allowed to. I don't doubt you'll enjoy doing things that I wouldn't. And I don't doubt that you're telling the truth yourself when you say that you find what I do, unenjoyable. We're on a public, global, forum, there's bound to be different opinion here.

>> No.67516522
File: 57 KB, 382x382, OS X Yosemite master race.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67516522

>>67516377
>>67516485
Man I can't wait to see who wins this argument. It'll be super embarrassing for the loser lol, after all the time you've both invested into this. God I love when wintoddlers argue. I can almost see those tiny brains working over time.

>> No.67516549

>>67516522
Why does everything have to be considered an argument? Can't we just discuss and share things, on the software designed for communication.

>> No.67516597
File: 106 KB, 846x476, miyako_snap.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67516597

>>67516377
>>67516485
Keep it coming lads.

>> No.67516602

>>67516549
Looks like you're going to win.

Other guy if you're in here, this is getting sad lol. Don't embarrass your wintoddler peers.

>> No.67516632

>>67516377
post pictures of your wife

>> No.67516652

>>67511274
>tfw up until 10.4 you could use UFS
>tfw 10.5 was going to have ZFS support but then Oracle bought Sun

>> No.67516662

>>67516602
Despite the fact I use Windows as my primary OS, I only do so because of the third party software. I'd switch to OS X the instant Foobar runs perfectly in WINE with plugins, global media hotkeys, and notifications that don't look like they came right out of Windows 2000. Which may be soon.

>> No.67516667

>>67511009
You're either
1 - opening a corrupted image
2 - opening a file which isn't a PNG image and includes a embedded image icon
3 - opening a image with something embedded inside it
4 - experiencing a weird minor bug (which honestly, I never experienced in my whole 2 years of using OSX)
>>67513625
https://objective-see.com/blog/blog_0x30.html
Easily fixable.
>>67511274
>>67513944
quicklook != Apple preview
Quicklook is just for, like the name says, taking a quick look at the file. It doesn't show the image in full resolution and most likely does some downscaling/resampling and that could lead to bad aliasing in some cases.
>>67511951
>quit on close
redquits/Cmd+Q
>menubar
you can either autohide it or use uBar
>dock
see above
>specs
use a decent dell/lenovo laptop and install macOS on it. apple's hardware/price ratio is hit or miss (eg: 5k base model iMac vs any macbook pro)
>>67514007
>>67514017
Minor difference. Does honeyview have image editing tools built-in? you're comparing 2 programs with different purposes/functionalities.
On preview.app and quicklook (OSX 10.14) you can actually edit the picture pasting images inside, resizing images, add text, lines and scribble some stuff. You can even convert the image to PDF, resize it properly without ending up with garbled pixels.

>> No.67516678
File: 147 KB, 927x1390, portrait-brunette-woman-laughing-BM0MW6.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67516678

>>67516602
Oh, he "won" fucken hours ago...

I think you've got me confused with the other anon who was arguing with autismo.
I came in here >>67515892


>>67516632
Fuckup cunt.

>> No.67516711

>>67511009
It should get a feature that automatically deletes a file on open if it detects weebshit inside it.

>> No.67516742

>>67516667
Pressing Opt in QuickLook will show the image at full resolution

>> No.67516749

>>67516667
>you're using it wrong

>> No.67516770

>>67516678
>Oh, he "won" fucken hours ago...
>"won"
>"
I can't tell who you're trying to slight with this, but if it's me, that's mean.

>> No.67516807

>>67516770
>I can't tell who you're trying to slight with this, but if it's me, that's mean.
Buck up Sunshine, you're winning!

>> No.67516811

>>67516770
>>67516807
based

>> No.67516834

>>67516807
To me, it's not a contest. It's just a way to pass the time. To relax.

>> No.67516890

>>67516749
Yes

>> No.67516907

Reminder that this iPajeet shill outed himself.
>makes fake celebrity account
>sends himself messages for "le ebic trole xD"
>forgets to remove his sim
>exposes himself as a literal pajeet on vodafone india
>actually tries to pull a "i-i-i was just PRETENDING to be a pajeet" "i-i-it was just a joke!"
https://archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/66276481/
https://archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/66292478/
https://archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/66298954/
https://archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/66305265/
https://archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/66306100/
>even tries to hide it with airplane mode
https://archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/66306371/

>> No.67516988

MACTODDLERS BTFO

>> No.67517067
File: 755 KB, 1080x1920, 1425266271935.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67517067

>>67512219
Hell no. Keep that shit out of /lgbt/.
We use real computers over there.

>> No.67517109

>>67516667
>On preview.app and quicklook (OSX 10.14) you can actually edit the picture pasting images inside, resizing images, add text, lines and scribble some stuff. You can even convert the image to PDF, resize it properly without ending up with garbled pixels.
I don't care about all this bloat, I want application to open instantly and to scroll through all the pictures in the current directory FAST, which neither preview nor quicklook provide.

>> No.67517201

>>67511009
Maybe it's trying to tell you something. Download a picture of Rin and see if it's the same.

>> No.67517209

>>67517109
Maybe you should consider actually learning how to use the system then? if you don't want animation for transitions for quicklook/preview etc... just disable it. It's literally a few terminal commands.

>> No.67517223

>>67516907
>thread literally about a macos problem
>s-shill!
Are you retarded?

>> No.67517258

>>67514609
Storage is $0.01/GB. Bandwidth is free. In order to be worth even just 1 second of my time (which I value arbitrarily at $25/hr), you'd have to be talking about space savings of at least 7.2MB (which I actually consider surprisingly little). But if we go with a more realistic full minute of wasting my goddamn free time on pointless shit, you'd need at least savings of 430MB. Any less than that and it literally makes more sense to just work a job and buy more hard drives.

Remember: "free" stuff that wastes your time is only free when your time is worth nothing.

>> No.67517317

>>67517209
Seething, why? Because your favorite OS isn't perfect. It has nothing to do with animations, preview is slow to launch and doesn't list all pictures in the current directory by opening a single picture (inb4 you have to select all the pictures. fuck off, that's not intuitive). While even though quicklook is quick to preview it's slow while going through a list of pictures, not to mention you have already mentioned why quicklook sucks for actual picture viewing.

>> No.67517365
File: 443 KB, 664x967, Screen Shot 2018-09-09 at 02.46.23.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67517365

>>67517201
Thanks, good fix, it works now.

>> No.67517404
File: 760 KB, 1062x1064, screenshot 41.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67517404

>>67517317
and when did I say that OSX is perfect lol?
also,
>preview is slow to launch and doesn't list all pictures in the current directory by opening a single picture
lmaaao you really don't know how to use OSX
you realize that you can just cmd+A + space and preview everything with quicklook and go through every picture with left/right keys as well as show thumbnails of everything selected on quicklook itself lol...

>> No.67517445

>>67517258
>only 25/hr
I value mine at 250 / hr, but to each their own i guess.

>> No.67517449

>>67517258
>Remember: "free" stuff that wastes your time is only free when your time is worth nothing.
This isn't applicable since a machines time is worth practically nothing.
You could make the argument that CPU time costs electricity but that's really pushing it because of the low monetary cost.
Processing an image may cost seconds of CPU time and fractions of pennies, but if you have a script that processes a batch periodically, what's the real cost?
I'm willing to eat that cost to save double digit percentages passively, for a long term collection of data that is written once/few, and read many.

>> No.67517462

>>67517258
>Bandwidth is free
kek

>> No.67517473

>>67517404
>lmaaao you really don't know how to use OSX
Yes, it's just my ignorance that makes preview launch take more time than acceptable for such type of application.
>you realize that you can just cmd+A + space and preview everything with quicklook and go through every picture with left/right keys as well as show thumbnails of everything selected on quicklook itself lol...
You're just conveniently ignoring that quicklook sucks now? Just to show that you "know" how to use macOS? You ARE the you're using it wrong meme.

>> No.67517492

>>67517449
Going through all my images is a non-trivial investment of my own time with a trivial return, even if I automate it. If I spend even just 15 minutes setting up an automated task or a recursing script it better save me at least 7GB of data (spoiler: it won't).

>>67517462
Because I don't have my 1gbps connection constantly maxed out like some kind of autist, the surplus bandwidth I'm not using is in fact free for the purpose of downloading slightly unoptimally encoded images from a Malaysian shower curtain sewing discussion forum.

>> No.67517538

ABSOLUTE state of mactards

>> No.67517602

>>67517492
This is a really confusing post.
If you automated the task, why are you implying going through your images, is a manual process that takes time. You even mentioned recursive processing, so you're aware that it exists. It should not take your 15 minutes, it shouldn't even take you 15 seconds. Literally just Unix `find`, and you point the processing script/binary at the found images with xargs or whatever. I can't imagine a scenario where this would take more than 15 lines.

It's a 1 time human cost, an annual, passive cpu cost, for permanent size savings.

I'm not going to calculate the size of all of my images, but whatever it is, it would be ~20% larger without these savings, if not more.
This is no different than enabling compression at the filesystem level, except instead of only being useful for text files, it's images.
Any of the same cost tradeoffs apply. CPUs are incredibly fast today, it makes compression in real time feasible and low human cost.

>> No.67517610

>>67517602
Point taken.

>> No.67517614
File: 88 KB, 377x692, Screen Shot 2018-09-09 at 03.11.46.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67517614

>>67516343
>APFS Chad
purgeable my shit up senpai!

>> No.67517659

>multiple people are ironically arguing for hours about how important their time is
This is a good thread.

>> No.67517742

>>67517492
>Because I don't have my 1gbps connection constantly maxed out like some kind of autist, the surplus bandwidth I'm not using is in fact free for the purpose of downloading slightly unoptimally encoded images from a Malaysian shower curtain sewing discussion forum.
Reminder that bandwidth doesn't imply internet. Your disks have a bandwidth cost when doing backups. Smaller files is almost always going to result in quicker task completion.

>> No.67517764

>>67517659
Arguing on the internet is an acceptable way to spend my free time. I wish I could get paid for this but I'll do it for free

>> No.67517771

>>67517764
I agree.

>> No.67517777

>>67517659
Which was muh point >>67515892
exactly.

>> No.67517830

>>67517742
Yeah okay fair enough. I guess I'm just too lazzzy to put any consciou thought towardssss it especially since my collection'ss sso small right now. Ass you can tell from thi abortion of a text,I've got other computer issssssues to worry about.

>> No.67517848

>>67517777
As 1 of those 2, I was making a point that it's more granular than that. I don't like wasting my time on certain things, but I do intentionally waste my time on other things.
Waiting for transfers to complete, is a waste of time but it's not fun.
Speaking with Anon is a waste of time, but it's fun. And in actuality, not really a waste more than it is a sacrifice. You give up your time for the other person, and they do the same.

>> No.67517870

>>67517777
I thought you had a soccer game to attend.

>> No.67517876
File: 309 KB, 1409x1600, 1534103858102.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67517876

>>67517777
quads detected

>> No.67517913

>>67517870
Later. About lunch time. U16s semifinal. Playing a team we've beaten and lost against this season (2nd div).

>>67517876
Noice.

Should be a gud game.

>> No.67517921
File: 28 KB, 446x399, 1524009443568.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67517921

>>67517614

>> No.67517937

>>67517876
That image makes me highly uncomfortable. Imagine taking a spoonful of it.

>>67517913
Best of luck!

>> No.67518002

>>67514186
doesn't W10 literally reinstall the OS when updating?

>> No.67518147

>>67518002
It's so fucking bad you have no idea. It gets better with every release, but the fact that it's not perfect by now, is ridiculous. The fact that so much state is machine dependant and has to be redone or duplicated or mutated or whatever the fuck is going on, each major revision, in comparison to Unix literally just overwriting binary files as the upgrade process. I can't with that, and DISM is the slowest thing on the god damn planet, on any machine. Why the fuck.

>> No.67518194

>>67517473
>You're just conveniently ignoring that quicklook sucks now?
??? lmao do you even know how to read?
I said you could do a preview of all images and quickly go through every single one using Quicklook.app (which loads instantly pretty much) I didn't even mention preview. If you want to actually open every image just use another program which btw
>You ARE the you're using it wrong meme
And you're implying that windows/Linux distros don't have cons. Also, while we're at it:
Why didn't you address what I said about the fact that preview isn't just a image visualizer? it's a full on image editor yet you were comparing it with honeyview (which is a third party program unlike preview) so what's your point exactly? because at any given time you can just switch the default image viewer on macOS. You do realize that you're not forced to use the default one do you? lol

>> No.67518312

>>67518194
>??? lmao do you even know how to read?
Do you forget what you say?
>>It doesn't show the image in full resolution and most likely does some downscaling/resampling and that could lead to bad aliasing in some cases.
>And you're implying that windows/Linux distros don't have cons.
No, I'm implying that honeyview is better than quicklook/preview for viewing pictures.
>Why didn't you address what I said about the fact that preview isn't just a image visualizer?
I did, I've said I don't need all this bloat from a picture viewer.
>because at any given time you can just switch the default image viewer on macOS. You do realize that you're not forced to use the default one do you? lol
That's why I've asked earlier - what is honeyview of macOS?

>> No.67518349

>>67518312
>honeyview
3rd party software, why mention this?

>> No.67518356

>>67518312
>That's why I've asked earlier - what is honeyview of macOS?
Ever heard of a search engine, wintoddler?

>> No.67518357

>>67518312
>Do you forget what you say?
Sometimes.
>what is honeyview of macOS?
Quicklook.

>> No.67518379

>>67518349
Because I want a 3rd party image viewer that is as good on macOS, because first party viewers on macOS are not meeting my requirements.
>>67518356
I want opinion of someone that has used macOS for longer and didn't cuck themselves into preview and quicklook.
>>67518357
>Quicklook.
Yeah, no.

>> No.67518397

>>67518379
>I want opinion of someone that has used macOS for longer
Try reddit.

>> No.67518413

>>67518397
cringe

>> No.67518416

>>67511601
Macs haven't been good since Jobs died. Get something like a Dell XPS and install Linux on it.

>> No.67518417

>>67518413
That was legitimate advice, try r/macOS or r/apple or something.

>> No.67518428

>>67518417
Don't want to register

>> No.67518452

>>67518428
cringe

>> No.67518453

>>67518452
based

>> No.67518520
File: 1.64 MB, 2126x1542, .png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67518520

>>67513944
WRONG.

>> No.67518579

>>67513944
>>67518520
what a cute girl

>> No.67518776

>>67513944
>he likes blurry shit

>> No.67518897

>>67511898
macOS memory management is superior. unused ram is wasted ram. most win toddlers mistake this fact and ignore memory pressure that shows Macos handles stuff efficiently.
now if they would fix smb support but that's another story.

>> No.67518983

>>67512183
yeah nice opinions from someone who obviously doesn't own one. I didn't shutdown or reboot my old 2013 for well over a year. I work in IntelliJ, and a vm running VS. It ran like it was brand new out of the box in 8gb ram.

>> No.67519182

>>67518983
>t. assblasted mactoddler

>> No.67519203

>>67511274
Right-click quick view nigger. Also OP is a troll and that message only appears upon opening .app files and maybe .dmg.

>> No.67519301

>>67511353
>No OS except windows has good NTFS support.

that's revenge, for the hideous abortion that is apple's windows version of itunes.

>> No.67519386
File: 289 KB, 523x477, 2279DE72-B8F2-4EA4-9EFA-4D878442B13E.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67519386

Mac is like rich persons Linux, I’m sorry to say this, but if you cannot afford a midtier mac — you better not have high expectations.

>> No.67519726

>>67519386
Imagine being this much of an apple suck up

>> No.67519853

>>67519386
see >>67512363

>> No.67520037

>>67513944
Did you really use the quick preview to compare instead of using an actual window... what a fucking idiot

See >>67518520

>> No.67520075

>>67511009
What did you expect? It's made for boomers and zoomers

>> No.67521491 [DELETED] 

>>67512921
>anime website
>posts /v/
?

>> No.67522031

>>67514578
NTFS is proprietary too.

>> No.67523081 [DELETED] 

>>67521491
Taro is anime

>> No.67523122

>use macs since childhood
>never experience aforementioned issues

wew lads, sure is autistic in here

>> No.67523671
File: 2.99 MB, 4090x2300, 1536436973578.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67523671

>>67514343
lrn2png for fuck's fucking sake

>> No.67523695

>>67511317
UDF but it sucks ass

>> No.67523733

>>67518897
Oh wow it can compress RAM and use swap

>> No.67523828

>>67511719
>This retard doesn't know that unused RAM is wasted RAM

Lol. It always is retards like you that claim MacOS is shit. I use gentoo, but I'd rather use MacOS over windows any day.

>> No.67523927

>>67523828
Blind hate to windows, windows does use most of free RAM if needed even if it reports 4/12GB used

>> No.67524662

>>67523927
It uses it to run telemetry and virus scans, as well as render and download the ads that are embedded in your OS.

>> No.67524843

>>67514578
Umm. No. The majority of the world's desktops and laptops, maybe. But not most.

The number of Android phones and Linux servers is staggering, and those don't use NTFS. They usually use ext3 or ext4.

>> No.67526515

>>67511399
also read-only with ext4fuse, full with ExtFS

>> No.67526541

>>67511353
ntfs3g gives you support for ntfs read/write on both linux and macos

>> No.67526556

>>67511274
It has native NTFS support niggy. It's as native as any GNU/Linux NTFS support, both actually utilize the same filesystem drivers for NTFS support. Does not mean you should use it.

Actually, macOS support any filesystem Linux supports.

>> No.67526605

>>67511313
Hahaha holy shit. Mac toddlers ACTUALLY will defend the OS warning you against a png file. Mac kids will defend the built in viwer giving a warning from a png.

>> No.67526706

>>67511009
op can you check file permissions and see if your png file is marked as executable? I wonder if that's the reason why you get a security warning

>> No.67526723

>>67526706
>fagOS
Found your problem.

>> No.67527070

All files on exfat have 777 permissions, but that is the only picture that showed this (I have canceled the warning to check the other pictures), binary it self does start with PNG

>> No.67527190

>>67527070
so in the end it's not macos fault but op's fault for using the wrong filesystem?

>> No.67527214

>>67527190
Other pictures did not show warning on the same file system

>> No.67527248

>>67527214
can you also copy the same file on your non exfat partition and see if previewing triggers a warning anyway? can you chmod -x your png and see if it complains?

>> No.67527312

>>67527248
It did not, making them executable opens them in a separate preview window though, don't know if that's intended functionality

>> No.67527409

>>67527312
nice to hear it didn't trigger warning on non exfat. can I ask why do you need an ntfs (in this case you used exfat as an alternative) filesystem? you should make a backup of your exfat partition, format it to ntfs and add ntfs compatibility to your mac to see if you can avoid security issues https://github.com/osxfuse/osxfuse/wiki/NTFS-3G#installation

>> No.67527439

>>67511434
>writing to NTFS on non-windows system

enjoy your hell

>> No.67527455

>>67527312
>macshit
Found your problem.

>> No.67527607

macos has best font rendering.
what do you do most on the internet? read.

>> No.67527645

>>67527607
>read
Beta-cuck

>> No.67527652
File: 126 KB, 662x580, 1512840523682.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67527652

>>67527607
>fagOS
>font rendering

>> No.67527734

>>67527652
>he thinks font rendering means upscaling a low res image

>> No.67527739
File: 543 KB, 788x630, werks.webm [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67527739

>>67527652
did you intentionally mess with the hinting settings? I think macOS font rendering looks amazing and I try to emulate it on Linux to mixed results.

>> No.67527753

>>67527409
>why do you need an ntfs (in this case you used exfat as an alternative) filesystem?
I use both macos and windows. Is ntfs3g safe to use for write operations from your own experience if you did use it?

>> No.67527829

>>67527753
ntfs-3g is open source even if you can find rebranded paid alternatives. I owned a macbook pro in the past and I used ntfs-3g to load windows games in wine. I'm also using ntfs-3g right now on linux to mount my windows 10 partition. I think it's safer using ntfs-3g over exfat. people complains a lot about macos exfat compatibility

>> No.67527895

>>67527652
Zooming in on a screenshot, reducing it to a resolution of 580px wide, and claiming it is representative of actual font rendering is beyond idiotic.

Who exactly is the shill?

>> No.67527926

>>67511986
>comparing a multemedia thin laptop with gaymshit
Damn you are retarded.

>> No.67527978

>>67527734
>>67527739
>>67527895
>a mactoddler subhuman thinks using 500pt fonts on a 2800x1800 screen to compensate makes fagOS font rendering good
Poo in the fucking loo street shitter.

>> No.67528007

>>67527978
I'm sure you could go upstairs and ask your mom to find you a therapist that would help you.

>> No.67528014 [DELETED] 
File: 26 KB, 175x175, icon175x175x.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67528014

>tfw wintendo /v/irgin incel microtoddlers acting superior to anyone

>> No.67528020

>>67528007
>mactoddler has no argument
>b-b-b-but UR MOM
Back to your designated shitting street iPoojeet.

>> No.67528067

>>67528020
>>67528020
There's no need to argue with you. Your opinions are invalid and worthless, as shown above.
The fact that you're bitter over it is no one's problem but yours. I hope you get help.
Good day, sir.

>> No.67528081

>>67528067
see >>67528020

>> No.67528103
File: 43 KB, 500x761, 1529918620569.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67528103

>>67528067
>fact
>fagOS font rendering is trash
>here's proof from fagOS itself
>b-b-b-but UR MOM
Seek mental help mactoddler. LMAO @ UR LYFE

>> No.67528159

>>67527739
>72pt fonts
>still a jagged mess
Christ, Apple is a fucking joke.

>> No.67528179
File: 30 KB, 461x107, 1534922918137.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67528179

>>67527739

>> No.67528229

>>67518776
>a mactoddler tried to defend this

>> No.67528246

>>67515554
>but resorting to name calling almost immediately
Welcome to 4chins, enjoy your stay.

>> No.67528283
File: 59 KB, 831x739, lolitrollu.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67528283

>>67527978

>> No.67528344

>>67519853
/thread

>> No.67528357

>>67511009
How did you even do that?

>> No.67528377
File: 90 KB, 966x739, 1512569586587.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67528377

>>67528283
>the state of mactoddler street shitter damage control

>> No.67528378

>>67511009
>chmod +x wafiu.png

>> No.67528578

>>67527652
>tagOS tont rendemg ls tucklng t'asn
>Fuck ott shlll
What did he mean by this?

>> No.67530340

MACTODDLERS BTFO

>> No.67531612

>>67519203
I have never been able to copy from or write to an NTFS drive from macOS (without additional software).

>> No.67531654
File: 52 KB, 1100x936, Untitled.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67531654

>>67527652
Looks alright to me.

>> No.67532973

>>67531654
>Scaling
Every fucking time

>> No.67533165
File: 339 KB, 1000x1243, 1528066314401.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67533165

>another Apple thread
>another shitfest of iToddler defending their religion

>> No.67533995

>>67511294
>not supporting every file system
degenerates
I won't disagree with you, NTFS is also for degenerates.

>> No.67534043

>>67527652
man I hate OS X fags but you're just as bad with your small ass RASTER fucking image and up scaling it
kill yourself

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
E-mail
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action