Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Maintenance is complete! We got more disk space.
Become a Patron!

/g/ - Technology


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 154 KB, 1252x1252, 1530719494182.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67497489 No.67497489 [Reply] [Original] [archived.moe] [rbt]

Defend your technology using only bible verses.

>> No.67497510

>Leviticus 18:22 "Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination."

>> No.67497545 [DELETED] 

"No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon." Matthew 6:24

>> No.67497585
File: 9 KB, 105x99, M.Bison-SF2-Victory-Pose.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67497585

تثبيت جنتو

>> No.67497604
File: 22 KB, 695x341, anonemoose.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67497604

>>67497489
Jesus asked him, "What is your name?" "Legion," he replied, because many demons had gone into him.

>> No.67497635

What is a good normal bible translation to read? I'd like to read it but there's dozens to choose from.

>> No.67497646

[31] And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good.

>> No.67497690

>>67497635
there are a bunch of Bible translation "comparison" sites like this:
https://biblehub.com/matthew/4-24.htm

Check random verses to see which translation sounds better for you and read that. In content they should be identical.

>> No.67497724

>>67497635
King James. It's a bit confusing at first but eventually you'll begin to understand it (ask God for help) and you'll be glad to read the closest-to-the-source bible, prior to which it gets too incomprehensible and latin-y.

>> No.67497937
File: 141 KB, 2400x2400, mac-os-2-logo-png-transparent.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67497937

>You say, ‘I am rich; I have acquired wealth and do not need a thing.’ But you do not realize that you are wretched, pitiful, poor, blind and naked.
Book of Revelations, 3:17

>> No.67497957
File: 19 KB, 300x300, win10.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67497957

>The agony they suffered was like that of the sting of a scorpion when it strikes. During those days people will seek death but will not find it; they will long to die, but death will elude them.
Book of Revelations, 9:5

>> No.67497974
File: 73 KB, 337x323, chromeOS.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67497974

>It also forced all people, great and small, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on their right hands or on their foreheads, so that they could not buy or sell unless they had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of its name. This calls for wisdom. Let the person who has insight calculate the number of the beast, for it is the number of a man. That number is 666.
Book of Revelations, 13:16

>> No.67497992
File: 20 KB, 650x490, TempleOS_logo.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67497992

>Then God’s temple in heaven was opened, and within his temple was seen the ark of his covenant.
Book of Revelations, 11:19

>> No.67498015

>>67497635
ESV, KJV used a bad copy of the bible.

>> No.67498032
File: 13 KB, 416x234, linus.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67498032

"It just werks." Linus 66:6

>> No.67498048

>>67497690
Except if your entire sect of Christianity depends on the exact wording of a verse that allows you after a series of mental backflips to claim the the Bible supports your preheld and self convenient beliefs. IE 99.9999999999% of Christian sects.

>> No.67498064

>But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.
Romans 8:25

Pls steam on lynnucks

>> No.67498095
File: 1.92 MB, 1933x1795, 1482773344995.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67498095

>>67497992
based

>> No.67498123
File: 15 KB, 300x239, ubuntu-logo112.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67498123

What causes fights and quarrels among you? Don’t they come from your desires that battle within you?

- James 4:1

>> No.67498170

And the men marveled, saying, “What sort of man is this, that even winds and sea obey him?”
- Mathew 8:27
windows user to linux user

>> No.67498202
File: 94 KB, 600x615, 1333584662942.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67498202

>>67498170

>> No.67498213
File: 23 KB, 227x248, Windows-10.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67498213

Kings 14:9

"You have done more evil than all who lived before you. You have made for yourself other gods, idols made of metal; you have aroused my anger and turned your back on me."

>> No.67498214

>>67497635
English Standard Version or King James are the way to go. ESV is in simpler English but still orthodox, while KJV is just the raw original book in older English.
I have an archaeological study Bible in ESV that’s dope as fuck and actually has articles on tangible practical evidence for each event and miracle alongside the original scripture.

>> No.67498234

>>67498048
Catholics literally compiled/released the bible and don't follow it literally! Specially the old testament.
But ofc proteststant pick up translations and follow it literally.

Just another reminder: the bible is a compilation of books written centuries apart in different languages. You will never know what an autor of a paticular bible book meant in a verse. Sometimes meaning is lost in text on your current language, now imaginlanguageg the correct meaning from a dead autor in a dead language.

Everyone taking the bible literally and spending years finding the right translation are retards. Uou should check different translations but you will never find the correct meaning.

>> No.67498273
File: 59 KB, 781x444, 83EE4C8A-84B4-4BCC-A087-10B4A3B8CCFB.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67498273

>>67497635

>> No.67499046
File: 1.21 MB, 2700x1801, richard-stallman-000000.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67499046

>When Jesus heard what had happened, he withdrew by boat privately to a solitary place. Hearing of this, the crowds followed him on foot from the towns. When Jesus landed and saw a large crowd, he had compassion on them and healed their sick.

>As evening approached, the disciples came to him and said, “This is a remote place, and it’s already getting late. Send the crowds away, so they can go to the villages and buy themselves some food.”

>Jesus replied, “They do not need to go away. You give them something to eat.”

>“We have here only five loaves of bread and two fish,” they answered.

>“Bring them here to me,” he said. And he directed the people to sit down on the grass. Taking the five loaves and the two fish and looking up to heaven, he gave thanks and broke the loaves. Then he gave them to the disciples, and the disciples gave them to the people. They all ate and were satisfied, and the disciples picked up twelve basketfuls of broken pieces that were left over. The number of those who ate was about five thousand men, besides women and children.

Matthew 14:13-21 NIV

>> No.67499264

>>67497937
>>67497957
>>67498213
LMAO.

Was the creation of Windows 10 a sin?

>> No.67499274
File: 46 KB, 1200x796, 1200px-Intel-logo.svg.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67499274

>>67497489
Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.

>> No.67499386

>>67498032
Ironically Linus looks like someone who'd be happy using Windows

>> No.67499426

>>67497489
Blessed are the meek:
for they shall inherit the earth.
Matthew 5:5

>> No.67499447

>>67497635
There are several versions of the King James Version. There is a new KJV (literally called NKJV) that keeps the poetry style but is modernized. Normal KJV Bible's use words like "thee, thou, shalt" etc. It hasn't aged well by our standard for talking but is poetic.

For an extremely accurate translation I'd recommend ESV like everyone else is saying or Holman Christian Standard Bible. The HCSB is just like the ESV but not as popular because it focuses on Calvinism a little more than the other.

Inaccurate, false, and even flat out wrong standards include The Message and sometimes the NIV. Both of those translations are so far gone that the original meaning is often lost, essentially they wrote a new bible and called it God's Word.

P.S. NKJV is still accurate it just cuts it close sometimes due to the poetic nature of the translation.

>> No.67499474

>>67497489
He who withholds kindness from a friend forsakes the fear of the Almighty; and he who forsakes upgrading to Windows 10 withholds his bank records from Microsoft.

>> No.67499552
File: 29 KB, 640x480, KJV.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67499552

>He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God. - John 3:18

>He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him. - John 3:36

Posting the videos that helped make me a Bible-believing Christian, which is the only way to get to heaven: the belief that Jesus, the son of God, died and was resurrected again after three days for not only my transgressions, but the transgressions of everyone who has ever lived.

>Why all believers need to use the King James Bible, as new age versions like the NIV, NKJV, ESV, etc. have been strategically altered and corrupted (especially when elites have stated part of their goal since the 50's as being making changes to the bible that are small, barely-noticeable ones that will help form a one-world religion for the antichrist):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPXYSjflvOQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFtI_mVOXbQ

>Check out the lies and fraudulent science used to prop up evolution (especially the hilariously corrupt carbon dating methods), as well as basic elementary flaws in the theory of evolution that even three atheist evolutionist professors can't answer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zqutn9vwHs8

There are no contradictions in the KJV Bible:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CY-jX9juoQ

Blessings to all other Christian Anons.

>> No.67499599

>>67499552
Evolution is a lie yes, but there is literally nothing wrong NKJV or ESV.

>> No.67499670

>>67498234
Hit the nail on the head there. If you are interested in the Bible for religious reasons what is being conveyed is pretty close from translation to translation and digging any deeper will put you well below the noise floor of inaccurate literal translation and cultural influence.

>> No.67499677

now, this is a thread

>> No.67499837

This is a cozy thread. Tell me anons, why do you believe in Christ?
What exact beliefs do you pertain to? (Calvinist, Catholic, different interpretations of how literal the Bible is or interpretations of Satan, etc.)

>> No.67499872
File: 88 KB, 829x600, 1536252635939.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67499872

>>67499599
Please watch the two video links I provided -- they show you many examples of why that isn't true:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPXYSjflvOQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFtI_mVOXbQ

Also, this video covers contradictions found in non-KJVs that aren't in the KJV:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CY-jX9juoQ

Non-KJVs are based on Wecott and Hort crap and Alexandrian texts (this is explained in the XPXYSjflvOQ YouTube video) which changes key verses and removes hundreds or even thousands of verses from the entire Bible.

You might say that non-KJVs are easier to read, but the KJV has a lower grade level reading score than the others, and many of the non-KJVs replace simple words like tree with words people have never read and can't understand.

Any change or alteration to God's word should be viewed with extreme suspicion. Otherwise, you might as well believe that the faggoty new Bibles that make God gender-neutral are A-OK.

I like the advice of a pastor I follow: "If you want an easy-to-read book, go read Dr. Seuss. The Word of God is something different."

>> No.67499902

>>67499872
Oops, I meant to say "often equal or not much higher than" in terms of reading level.

>> No.67499924
File: 579 KB, 1280x1280, bible.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67499924

tfw

>> No.67500033
File: 1.79 MB, 200x150, 1535827862678.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67500033

>>67499599
>>67499552
>>67499872

Also, don't miss the Dr. Richard Day tapes, discussing, in 1969 (though taped and recalling in the late 80's) the massive changes that would be brought about in the world's society (and that have come to pass since then, such as the rampant promotion of faggotry and sexualization of children) and how the controllers of the world must change small parts of the KJV Bible via new versions in order to bring in a one-world antichrist religion. (And of course, he says, "those who notice won't be enough to matter.":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qUQgsR4n8E

>>67499924
>Thinking Jesus had long hair when Paul specifically says it's a shame for a man to have long hair and a shame against Christ.

>> No.67500167

>>67499046
I did not expect this passage to work so well
>>67499837
I'm a catholic
I was raised catholic and I understand most of the logical holes are from human error and whatnot. It answers pretty much all my questions about the world and gives me a sense of comfort, and I see no logical reason for me to abandon it.
I think most of the old testament was passed down orally for generations before being written, so with that, the line between tribal mythology and the world of god is blurred. Yet God is omnipotent and shit, even if people wrote it down wrong, he could fulfill their misprinted prophecies to make a point. The New Testament is much more rock solid though.
God is a non-interventionist, so as to not infringe upon our free will. If I pray that I get a girlfriend, if he made a girl fall in love with me when she wouldn't have normally, he's violating her free will. Most of the miracles performed in the Bible are done to prove a point or something. God is capable of ending human suffering at the flick of a switch, but as Genesis alludes to, we have been given free will instead, and by being responsible with such a gift, in the end we don't have to suffer. But God is mysterious, we can't try to understand everything he does. Think of a little ant in the forest that sees a huge truck go by. The ant is physically incapable of understanding the complexity of what the truck is and how it works. It just sees a large, strange, moving object.

>> No.67500296

>this thread
How do I go about improving my relationship with Christ if I have trust issues?

What is a good translation and where is a good place to start reading the Bible for a brainlet such as myself?

>> No.67500353

>>67499552
>Check out the lies and fraudulent science used to prop up evolution (especially the hilariously corrupt carbon dating methods), as well as basic elementary flaws in the theory of evolution that even three atheist evolutionist professors can't answer:
Come on man, I really liked what you were saying and then you came with this.

>> No.67500528

>>67500033
>taking the letters of paul at face value
>using them as any kind of religious guidance
The new testament should have ended with the gospels. Paul had some good ideas but he is not God, and should not be regarded as any kind of authority. Only that which comes from the words of God himself should be followed.

>> No.67500630
File: 211 KB, 1067x800, 1536091271436.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67500630

>>67500296
KJV Bible (not to be confused with NKJV), and if you are unfamiliar with the story of Christ, read Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John, as they are all renditions of Christ's time on this earth from each author. After that is Acts (stories of the apostles after Christ's death and resurrection), and then Romans, etc. are all letters to various churches and pastors.

Or you can just listen to the audiobook (this is the best one you will find, with great sound effects):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6ENtjQqgoA

>>67500353
Why? Can you prove anything he said as wrong? None of the three evolutionist professors there could. How do you explain such various and blatant inaccuracies of carbon dating? How do you explain carbon dating, dating a live snail as being thousands of years old? How do you actually believe with a straight face that nothing exploded and created everything and that rocks got rained on for hundreds of millions of years and that made a soup of chemicals that became monkeys after millions of years, that then became humans? I hate to be one of those "just watch the video" guys because it's usually a cop out, but JUST WATCH THE VIDEO. The raw amount of information from his speed-talking is enough to appreciate: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zqutn9vwHs8

He assblasts all of those professors as they just sit there almost speechless. Remember, Anon, satan is the prince and power of this world, and his job is to get you to doubt the Bible. He's not exactly dumb.

It's no coincidence that shortly after his tours were gaining traction, he spent nine years in prison for withdrawing his own money from his own bank account.

>> No.67500657

>>67500528
That is weird. We should just discard all of the OT and NT then, since they were all written by men via God. Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John weren't God either, by your definition. And even so, Jesus didn't have long hair by many other methods of observation. Long-haired Jesus was made up by Renaissance Catholic faggots.

>> No.67500981

>>67500033
I'm the first poster you replied to. I'll check out those videos later but I believe I thoroughly researched this years ago and made up my mind a while ago. I really don't believe there is anything wrong with word-for-word translations, this is coming from someone who only used KJV until I was 16 years old.

The one world government shit is scary and we are obviously heading in that direction, but as for seeing the Antichrist or anything like that in our lifetime I don't think it will happen.

>> No.67500984
File: 1.93 MB, 255x164, 1536231860772.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67500984

>>67499552
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zqutn9vwHs8
I'm an hour into this and this is the most based and redpilled video I've seen in years.

>> No.67501007
File: 213 KB, 400x602, image.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67501007

>>67497604

>> No.67501100

People actually believe we're nothing more than evolved apes? BAKA

>> No.67501131
File: 1.50 MB, 300x300, 1536209022590.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67501131

>>67500981
Sure, but make sure you're not one of those people that forgets or doesn't really follow up on videos they intend to watch. I know how annoying "just watch this multi-hour video man, then you'll understand" is, but this is a case when it's much needed.

There is nothing wrong with word-for-word translations, you're right, as long as (1) they are from the correct manuscripts, and (2) they are translated honestly and correctly, both of which modern-era non-KJV bibles don't do.

Here is an example for you:

>Can that which is unsavoury be eaten without salt? or is there any taste in the white of an egg? (Job 6:6 King James Version)

>Is tasteless food eaten without salt, Or is there flavor in the juice of a mallow?
(Job 6:6 New World Translation)

Make sure yoU watch the video that shows common Bible contradictions in the non-KJV but not in the KJV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CY-jX9juoQ

And, if nothing else, the video from 1988 of a pediatrician recalling things that a NWO insider addressed to a roomful of doctors in 1969, talking about things to come and their agenda (one of which being, to change the Bible, in small, barely noticeable bits, and to intentionally build American cars so that they will be pieces of shit and people will become more open to other countries' products. Also the pushing of homos and sexualization of kids, and cameras built into TVs. It also talks about how they will take over the Catholic church. Remember, this was all in 1969, and everything he said would happen has happened or will): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qUQgsR4n8E

If you don't watch these, it will screw you up big time, in my opinion. The antichrist is just around the corner, man. Look at the way the world is going, and the fact that we are so close to having the capability to deny sales or transactions to people without marks in their right hands or foreheads.

>>67500984
Glad to help.

>> No.67501146

>>67497489
Hmm never actually read that book. Is it worth a read, or is there a better fantasy book that i should read instead?

>> No.67501560
File: 120 KB, 638x479, ai-in-life-extension-7-638.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67501560

>>67497489
Revelation 9:6
>And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them.

>> No.67501634
File: 54 KB, 2880x1800, windows10.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67501634

Where are the telemetry which came in to thee this machine this night? bring them out unto us, that we may know them.

>> No.67501674

>>67497937
/thread

>> No.67501682
File: 14 KB, 465x300, directx.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67501682

Jeremiah 5:22

Should you not fear me?" declares the LORD. "Should you not tremble in my presence? I made the sand a boundary for the sea, an everlasting barrier it cannot cross. The waves may roll, but they cannot prevail; they may roar, but they cannot cross it.

>> No.67501781

>>67501146
M'atheist

>> No.67501799
File: 46 KB, 804x906, arch.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67501799

Job 29:18
Then I said, I shall die in my nest

>> No.67501843
File: 543 KB, 1021x1024, facebook.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67501843

Their horses are swifter than leopards,
more fierce than the evening wolves;
their horsemen press proudly on.

Their horsemen come from afar;
they fly like an eagle swift to devour.

They all come for violence,
all their faces forward.
They gather captives like sand.

>> No.67501875

>>67497635
don't listen to these lads, KJV is good reading but is fraught with issues and needs a lot of footnotes in parts where you could pick up a very different meaning. I strongly recommend NASB

>> No.67501927

>>67497489
i don't know any bible verses

>> No.67501951

>>67497992
Excellent post.

>> No.67502131
File: 2 KB, 125x102, 1475638682111s.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67502131

>>67497510

>> No.67503210

>>67497635
>>67498273
the nrsv is usually accepted to be the best but for believers something based on the textus receptus might be better. also read the chapter of john first. any missionary will tell you its the best to start your reading with

>> No.67503229

>>67497510
So, OP is a faget?

>> No.67503413

>>67501007
Why did it have to be an RX-78?!

>> No.67504154 [DELETED] 
File: 41 KB, 498x341, 1529466726062.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67504154

>tfw there are christians on g
oh my god why would anyone in their right mind believe the bible is anything other than bullshit

holy shit this is so sad

>> No.67504269

>>67497937
>>67497957
>>67497974
>>67497992
For once, the tripfag was not a fag.

>> No.67504302

I tell you, on the day of judgment people will give account for every careless word they speak, for by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned.

Note that it says speak and as I'm not speaking it's much safer to be blasphemous in written text.

>> No.67504315

>>67504154
Reddit might be more up your alley

>> No.67504394

>>67498273
I can't believe this thread is making me want to read the bible. I haven't read the bible in over 20 years.

>> No.67504475
File: 38 KB, 488x654, 003.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67504475

One "son of God" wasn't enough.

>> No.67504652

>For nothing is hidden that will not be made manifest, nor is anything secret that will not be
known and come to light.

>So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.

>What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun.

>> No.67504752
File: 3.35 MB, 2560x2739, 1457659874323.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67504752

>>67500296
Here you go friend. Just follow the guide feel free to ask any questions.

I also recommend you getting a bible with both the Old Testament and the New Testament as they both reference each other, especially the New Testament which heavily references the Old.
Avoid Protestant translations (like NIV) as they remove books for some ungodly reason. (Pun intended)

>> No.67504868

>>67501799
kek

>> No.67504870
File: 55 KB, 900x760, thotting.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67504870

>>67504154
>believing in the bible on a board about technology
"bleez go to reddit"
What did he mean by this?

>> No.67504907 [DELETED] 

What is your preferred Bible app?
For me, it's AndBible, found on the FDroid app repository.

>> No.67504908
File: 72 KB, 540x474, 41320142238138.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67504908

>>67504154
>>67504315
>>67504870
Religion is necessary for most people to function optimally. Ultimately it's just a social construct X amount of people follow because of X construct but the thing is, most people are too afraid to settle with unexplained phenomenons and mysteries so to cope they assimilate the closest explanation they believe to fit the bill and move on in their life rather than take into question what they have been taught or taught themselves due to X construct and risk an existential crisis.

It's the way it has been for eons and I believe will continue to be so as things are absolutely objectively proven otherwise and the mainstream comes to accept it. See catholics doing a 180 when it was scientifically confirmed many times over the earth is not flat and not the center of the universe. My best advice to accept it as a part of life and just let others choose to believe what they want as long as it doesn't hurt you or others. In the end none of this will even matter and your time and space occupied here is infinitely small compared to the know size of our universe to which may reside along other planes of existences.

>> No.67504998
File: 88 KB, 394x445, fe-cosmos-creation-dpi-300.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67504998

>>67504908
dam

>> No.67505133

>>67504908
Religion is dying my dude. The assemblies of god church network added like 60k followers in 2015. That's out of a nation of 400Mill.

Just take that number into mind. If you're not familiar AOG just google it. If you spend any time with the youth today in a non specifically religious setting you'll quickly realize that religion will be mostly dead with gen Z.

>> No.67505157

>>67505133
Then that could be a bad thing since clinging to long held beliefs is what got us here in the first place. Don't say religion is bad since the inherent nature of consciously believing in things without objective affirmations isn't really understood well.

>> No.67505191

>>67505157
>religion is what got us here
What? Please don't pull this Jordan Peterson "le jewdeyo chrishtun principles" meme. Nearly all of societal and scientific progress was opposed by the church throughout history.

There's a reason it's despised in academic settings beyond religious studies. It's an enabler of ignorance, it teaches you to not question and not think and to live by a set of norms established by terrible people a couple thousand years ago.

This is absurd rationalization of religion. You're not religious, are you?

>> No.67505209

>>67504154
>*tips fedora*

>> No.67505252

>>67505191
>Nearly all of societal and scientific progress was opposed by the church throughout history.
Which is exactly why they pursued their endeavors to prove/disprove whatever they were after. Think about it, religion's non compliance in and of itself was a tool for making people engage in scientific pursuits.

I know this sounds retarded but without religion we might not be where we are today. Think about it for a second.

>> No.67505289

>>67505252
They didn't pursue science to spit others. They pursued science because of an insatiable desire by humans to know more. Some people are wired this way, and that's why they aren't religious. They don't buy into the religious meme of "dont learn, don't question, don't think". Meme in the literal sense.

>without religion we might not be where we are today
Absolutely this is correct. We would have a much more socially accepting and scientifically advanced culture.

You're doing a bad job at apologetics, no offense. I know how to play your role by the way, I was raised very religiously and studied the Bible, I've read it through and through.

>> No.67505299

>>67505289
To expand on how religious I used to be by the way, I'd pray for an hour a day. I adhered more than most other believer around me did.

>> No.67505309

>>67505133
>Religion is dying my dude
Correction: religion is dying in a decadent and dying civilization. You may notice basedboys, bugmen, cucks, feminists, fags, etc tend to be atheists (or, at the best, "cultural """""christians""""" "). They lack meaning of purpose, but continue to insist that their shackels are a blessing. Meanwhile it is those men and women who seek higher purpose beyond merely getting by and pleasure who seek God and find him. The west is rotting anon, its days are numbered. This sodom shall perish, don't fall for the shit.
Also the mainstream media only covers christianity when people under that flag do bad things, otherwise they never report the numbers (which is #2 in the world by population), only the chinks and errors in its all too human fault.

I fear you're right about Gen Z. They were the West's last refuge and they dropped it whole-heartedly, once the millenials die the west may as well not exist.

>> No.67505314

>>67505309
>>>/pol/ is that way, anon.

>> No.67505322

>>67504154
>>67504908
>>67505133
>>67505157
>>67505191
>>67505252
>>67505289
>>67505299
You have to go back

>> No.67505346

God says... boyhood I'm_not_sure unfailing Moon errors proposed chewing food poison travail withdrawn publication forego prevails wither application openly unchain mighty proportion lawless mariners choice boil suggested Thou employee depth overcame readers' basket_case law-skirmishes okay Whither hair contains walks Already limed nut_job magnified companion Okilydokily fixedly Let's physical perused heretofore masters enmity furnace threats speechless health's imaginary ensnaring travail otherwise slumin choleric moderate afford womanish incorrect rais'd slavery neglecteth surmount Almighty rashly with Sacraments fill Lovely fairest presidest amiable enemy applicable one_more_time first muttering laden reposes godless do_I_have_to Greenland admitted because_I_said_so tempts courses smack_some_sense_into_you pen resistest scraped cloaked WANT materials atrociously family-estate thine Whether corporeally indentures existence blessed which piecemeal hey_thats_right cleansing utterance resolute Beginning criedst youths disguise pitied grammarians polished Continual dialogue toward * allow oppresseth very popular evidence mid-day nails sparrow achieve wickedness unspeakable nine barred medicine begun restrain extinguished unsating passes whoring Highest learned boss brethren artifices school draught confound I_see_nothing I_planned_that resume

>> No.67505355
File: 28 KB, 640x480, maxresdefault.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67505355

>>67505289
>socially accepting
>social construct
wait a fucking second...

>> No.67505368

>>67505355
Thanks anon, laughed.

>> No.67505392

>>67505314
Its true though.
On its last legs roman men were more effeminate, women more controlling/domineering, social programs up the ass, too much bread, too much circus. Homosexuality and pedophilia made mainstream, etc.
These are all sings of a decadent society on the verge of collapse, it has been observed throughout all of human history.

>> No.67505407

>>67505368
yw :)

>> No.67505408
File: 43 KB, 640x539, 1b9.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67505408

>>67497635
The Quran

>> No.67505435

>>67505289
>>67505299
>>67505314
>>67505392
Anons what I'm trying to get at is religion in and of itself might have played a deterministic role in the scientific discoveries and technology man has invented. Think of it this way: if most of humanity was not inclined to accept the social constructs around them without question due to existential fears would that really be a good thing long term? You and I exist because of generations of mostly people who did the opposite. It's not even about who was right or wrong but that the existence of polar opposites deterministically allowed beneficial things to happen.

Maybe I'm on the verge of going insane but I think we look at things way too localized without any regard for the perspective of a third person.

>> No.67505444

>>67499872
>faggoty new Bibles that make God gender-neutral
What in the fuck, is this shit real?

>> No.67505466

>>67505322
Christianity is in decline in literally every country on Earth, meanwhile Islam is the fastest growing religion and it is on track to eclipse Christianity as the dominant religion in the United States within the next 20 years or so.

>> No.67505481

>>67505444
A gender neutral God is fine, but Jesus had better still be black.

>> No.67505498

>>67505466
>"Christianity is in decline in literally every country on Earth" - some r/atheist who can't into statistics

Anon, Christianity is still the 2nd largest and rapidly growing. The only reason Islam is beating it is because of forced "conversions" with the alternative of being beheaded.

>> No.67505527

>>67505498
>he only reason Islam is beating it is because of forced "conversions" with the alternative of being beheaded

Hey don't knock it, it fucking works. Bet your churches would be a lot fuller and the "donation" baskets brimming with cash if you threatened to behead everyone that didn't show up. This is why Christianity can't compete. Religion is all a power game and you need to show everyone whose boss by going Middle Ages on everyone that defies you.

>> No.67505569
File: 26 KB, 600x750, 5eb.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67505569

when you gotta show your hate for religion in a thread regarding the bible

>> No.67505673

>>67505527
> Religion is all a power game and you need to show everyone whose boss by going Middle Ages on everyone that defies you.
forced conversions don't work in the long term, most "converts" immediately go back to what they actually believe once the "believe or die" pressure is removed.

>> No.67505685

>>67505673
Well, don't remove the pressure then.

>> No.67505692

>>67497690
https://biblehub.com/2_samuel/12-31.htm
Check out 2 Samuel 12:31.
KJV describes a holocaust of the goyim. Many other bibles are corrupted and say the Jews only robbed and enslaved them instead. All the bibles are different and nearly all of the recent versions gloss over the crimes of the Jews.

>> No.67505716

>>67505673
Also, consider the following, you need to only put pressure on your population of followers for a few generations. Those generations will give birth to new generations who have grown up with the faith as a strong presence their entire life and you won't need to put as much pressure on them to retain them. Squash critical thinking early on and you will have unquestioning followers for many generations.

>> No.67505741

>>67505685
>"its very easy to run an authoritarian state ad infinitum"

>>67505716
that only works on niggers

>> No.67505776

>>67505741
Well you sure as shit aren't gonna get people to stick to religion by trying to convince them with reason and logical arguments because no one actually believes in that shit outside of really gullible people who were kinda the dregs of society anyway. Also going to Church is simply boring. There are so many devices that pull our attention away and are much more interesting. If the Church doesn't run a campaign of fear and intimidation then it can't survive. That's literally the only way, and again, it's why Islam is thriving.

>> No.67505918

>>67497489
i don't know any

>> No.67505950

>>67505776
>Well you sure as shit aren't gonna get people to stick to religion by trying to convince them with reason and logical arguments
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIuK0g2IASC08v5jyVQh0Ig *blocks your path*
kino/10

>Also going to Church is simply boring.
Its not for everybody, you can do anything as long as its taking time to spiritually purify. For example, if you're more the discussion type of lad then i would highly advise meeting with your local priest or bible study group every week to discuss theology and apologetics. Like arguing? become a street preacher! More the introspective type? Try hiking and meditating/praying in a peaceful place. In general just try praying (as in: vent frustations, take time to reflect on the good and bad in your life, think about troubles and how to overcome them, and reflect on how you could improve yourself next time).

>There are so many devices that pull our attention away and are much more interesting.
yet leave us as empty husks of ourselves. Social media gets us no more friends and candy crush doesn't get us capital/food.

>If the Church doesn't run a campaign of fear and intimidation then it can't survive.
Wrong again. The church continues to receive converts who honestly seek to know more about the faith, rather than simply being forced into it.

>> No.67506006

>>67505950
oh my god, you actually believe this nonsense?

Tell me this, are you the type of Christian that thinks God is good and loves everyone and is our buddy or are you more of a fire and brimstone type that thinks that all sinners and degenerates are going to hell?

>> No.67506118

>>67506006
>oh my god, you actually believe this nonsense?
Yes. You don't?

>Tell me this, are you the type of Christian that thinks God is good and loves everyone and is our buddy or are you more of a fire and brimstone type that thinks that all sinners and degenerates are going to hell?
This is a common mistake among atheists and even some christians, the idea that God is either a hippie or an asshole.

God is Love, and God is Truth/Justice. Logos. He gives the wretched ample time and warning before he brings forth his judgement against them, and he also brings forth showers of blessings upon those who have even a minor love for him. He lets the curse of the wicked carry to the 3rd or 4th generation, but those who are faithful to him shall be blessed for 1000 generations.
Vid related: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVeTUnUJWYg

>> No.67506139

>>67504154
We don’t shit on you guys. Why shit on us?
You’ve got this whole thread and like what, one small argument that ended in like three posts?
Leave us alone.

>> No.67506156
File: 77 KB, 563x317, 35AB94F7-28BA-45ED-8260-08D93AA264AF.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67506156

>>67505950
>Openly militant Atheist
>Talking like he knows shit about Church

>> No.67506163

>>67506118
I want nothing to do with it or its kingdom if it exists. If it's scriptures are to be believed it is vein, immoral, and unjust. The fact that it's an attention whore that requires its subjects to worship him exemplifies that. I am man. I am not flawless but I'm better than any god.

>> No.67506168

>>67506156
did you link the wrong post by accident or was that intentional? The poster you linked was talking in favor of religion, certainly doesn't sound like an atheist to me.

>> No.67506200

>>67506139
>We don’t shit on you guys.
fuck yea you do, only the few really hardcore roleplayers will achieve talking to non-believers without giving off a sense of superiority

>> No.67506225

>>67506139
Excuse me, you're on 4chan. Everybody shits on everybody here. If you want everyone to be nice to you and accepting of your special snowflake beliefs then you're looking for reddit.

>> No.67506226

>>67504154
>he hasn't read the most popular work of fiction

>> No.67506256

>>67506226
popular != good

>> No.67506262

>>67506163
>I want nothing to do with it or its kingdom if it exists.
in the same way you don't want to know that guy in the corner of the bar for no other reason than because you heard some rumors that he's mean. I've got my money on the fact that you don't know the christian God for shit and just assume he is a magic skydaddy from the kindergarten-tier Sunday-school education you mostly ignored.

>If it's scriptures are to be believed it is vein, immoral, and unjust.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMy6Ejjzekw
I'll know if you watched this or not by how the discussion proceeds.

>The fact that it's an attention whore that requires its subjects to worship him exemplifies that.
worship is like talking to a trusted friend while they listen to you. Its not for His ego, its for friendship/communion. Entirely for your sake since God is already complete and requires nothing (due to the nature of God). That's also the same reason He made man, for our sake. To simply exist is a miracle in itself.

>> No.67506282

>>67506262
I'm not sure why you think I'm wasting my time actually bothering to watch these worthless videos you are linking me to. I'm filling my time between posts doing the pcb layout for a full bridge switched mode power supply I'm designing, which is far more productive.

>> No.67506291

>>67506163
>>67506262
Its 11:40 here, i suggest checking out the video series i liked twice.
Its not my job as a christian to do the thinking/apologetics for you anon, play devils advocate and think outside that secular box of yours.
Good night, and God bless you.

>inb4 h-ha! i win!?
whatever makes you happy. this is between you and God, i'm just a messanger.

>> No.67506304

>>67506282
>i'm super busy doing this productive thing that i have the time to spend 10-hours on an image board but don't have the time to watch a 10-minute video.

>> No.67506305

>>67506291
Kindly deport yourself from this site and never come back.

>> No.67506319

>>67506304
You're right. I could listen to it in the background while I work, I often do that. But I won't because I'm not interested. I'm quite happy with my lack of religion and am not looking to downgrade.

>> No.67506368

So we've reached a point where 4chan threads are derailed by Christianity discussion?

>> No.67506388

>>67497992
>>67497974
>>67497957
>>67497937

God bless you anon.

>> No.67506413

>>67506319
>I'm quite happy being a bugman and never thinking critically
ftfy

>>67506305
>not telling me to kill myself
how kind :,)


>all this unprovoked hate and butt-hurt
I suggest a therapist or a priest. Also stop getting angry over nothing on the internet, it just makes you look stupid.

Good night.

>> No.67506434

>>67504394
do it anon, its good for your soul.

>> No.67506436

>>67506413
>>not telling me to kill myself
I was about to, but I guess I'm feeling generous tonight. Now get out before I change my mind.

>> No.67506450

>>67506434
Humans don't have a soul. It's literally just a buzzword.

>> No.67506549

Now when Daniel learned that the decree had been published, he went home to his upstairs room where the Windows opened toward Jerusalem. Three times a day he got down on his knees and prayed, giving thanks to his God, just as he had done before.

>> No.67506639

>>67505191
You're remembering stuff from your school days that have been wrongly taught. First remember that Christian thinkers struggled with a long time with the question "did Socrates went to heaven?". Atheism is a very recent phenomenon and most great minds in all field from Pascal to Socrates, from Adam's to Shakespeare all believed in God - which I know is not an argument, my point it not to dismiss God or religion so fast. There ought to be a reason as to why so many people believed in it and the arguments against God hasn't changed in the past 100 years to indicate some kind of rebuttal of the idea.

>> No.67506738

>>67506282
This is a brainlet mentality. You don't have to agree with him, I sure don't, but since you're wasting your time replying you could at least bother to learn something. Whether it's useful or not I don't know, but your brain is not an hd and there's not limit on how much information you can absorb. Specially if it's something you have such a visceral response against. Why is that?

>> No.67506838

>>67506738
Watching one video and responding to it with disagreement opens up a veritable pandora's box of replies with more video links that I HAVE TO WATCH in order to fully understand something and not be "ignorant." I'm just flat out not interested. I'm not here to be some kind of atheist activist. There are already people who make a full time career of that that are far more well read than I am on religious topics and are well prepared for debates. I am not them. If you wanna pick a fight, pick it with them, fight it publicly, and if you win then I guess that makes you look good and you can get some more sheep for your farm. I'll watch a public debate. I'm not gonna watch what amounts to propaganda videos though. If I linked you 10 atheist videos ranging in length from 10 minutes to an hour a piece are you gonna sit there and watch them all and take notes so you can debate me about everything? Fuck no you aren't, and for that matter I won't be taking notes either cause I'll probably lose interest in that by video number two too.

>> No.67507159

>>67506838
You're a contradiction.

First, in case this isn't obvious, I'm not the same guy.
Second, if you don't watch it you're not quote on quote ignorant. You're ignorant without quotes. There's nothing wrong with it, you don't have to have an opinion on everything and neither should anyone.
Third, I and most likely the christianfag back do this for fun. You can stop replying anytime, there's nothing compelling you to respond. And it's specially silly you writing a paragraph to justify how much of not interested you are. Just stop replying, much more effective at showing your lack of interest
And lastly I approach any topic that I find interest with curiosity. Until last month I had no idea that gpus die correlate with its manufacturing cost and performance, but now I understand it enough to have a educated opinion but anything more complex and I'll have to admit that I don't understand much. You're projecting when you say that I (or to abstract anyone) wouldn't watch hour long videos if the topic was interesting.

The thinking man answer for a topic he's not familiar is not to engage.

>> No.67507567

>>67499386
well he has a job, so yea

>> No.67507650

tl;dr faggot

>> No.67507683

>>67507159
>I and most likely the christianfag back do this for fun.

Yeah, its obvious that you don't value your time very much since you waste it watch Christfag propaganda. Face it, there's some shit in this world that you should not waste time on, not everything is educationally insightful. You'd know that if you didn't have the naive mentality of some kid fresh out of high school.

>> No.67507729

>>67497635
oxford annotated nrsv with apocrypha

>> No.67507753

>>67507159
Oh, and since you're so game to learn about Christianity why don't you pick up a Quran and start learning about Islam too? You don't have to agree with it but you shouldn't be ignorant about it either. Also do Judaism, and Hinduism, and while we're at it why not do an in-depth analysis of EVERY sect of Christfagdom since they all claim to be different and you wanna know how they differ for education's sake.

And of course you said you don't have any problem fitting all this info in your brain and you obviously have loads of time to do all the research and read all the holy texts. Should be a breeze for you since you find it so fucking fun.

>> No.67507791

>>67507753
atheist asshole hurt?

>> No.67507836

>>67507791
Why should it? The Christfag and the pseudo-Christfag haven't even made any good arguments for their religion and have done a very poor job pushing their agenda.

>> No.67507971

Mods please move this thread to >>>/trash/

Advertising is not allowed on /g/ and proselytizing is basically the same thing.

>> No.67508057

>>67507971
Your asshole must be aching.

>> No.67508099

>>67508057
Ah, the Christfag show his true temperament. You claim the moral high ground yet here you are in this cesspit flinging cheap insults at me. I'll enjoy seeing you in hell, I'm sure you've earned your place down there right beside me.

>> No.67508188

>>67508099
Don't even try to pucker your asshole. I know it's been broken in too many times.

>> No.67508229

I don't know any. I'd rather memorize Chem.

>> No.67508238

>>67508188
You so fixated on ass because that's where the priest touched you back when you were an alter boy?

>> No.67508253
File: 157 KB, 761x1049, sketches_of_people_laughing_by_chrisillustration-d521whj.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67508253

>>67498214
>tangible practical evidence for each event and miracle

>> No.67508323

>>67508238
You still crying from your hurt asshole?

>> No.67508364

>>67508253
That's rich. Hopefully someone posts a link or screen caps. I can use a good laugh.

>> No.67508424

>>67497724
Literal "closest-to-source" translations of books are IMHO lazy translation work.
A good translation reads like it was originally written in the target language.

>> No.67508587
File: 441 KB, 500x500, 1533159225571.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67508587

>>67497585
إن شاء الله تثبيت gentoo

>> No.67508714

>>67507971
فشل والدك في ضربك بما فيه الكفاية!
Terry for main sticky

>> No.67508850

>>67497937
>>67504269
seems like that's the only thing he has every posted though
ad hoc trip

>> No.67509024

>>67497489
All technology comes from the knowledge given by the demons. Technology is the enemy of man. It deviates him from his true goal. Technology also spoils societies and destroy jobs. Inb4 they create new ones, there is a point when everything has been done and such jobs are destroyed as well.

>> No.67509416

>>67507971
seriously this, holy shit

>> No.67509440
File: 26 KB, 274x321, 1420565690261.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67509440

>>67509024
please be larping

>> No.67509647

>>67506368
Well, 4chan's been taken over by people of many sites. Reddit, one of the websites with the most militant atheists, is one of such websites. Go figure.

>> No.67509793

>>67497489
disgusting crypto-Jewish thread. fuck outta here and replace Jesus on that picture with Moses.

>> No.67509919

>>67505133
No it's not. What do you call it when people blindly follow scientists? They have faith in what they say and faith that what they're saying is true. Like the big bang. It essentially has the same amount of evidence as the big bang does.

>lmao, you ACTUALLY believe that all of the matter in the universe was compressed into an infinitely small point and just randomly blew up for no reason??

Thats a lot of faith you have in scientists throwing shit at a wall

>> No.67510017

>>67509919
Difference is the big bong theory has more objective basis for being actually true.

>lmao, you ACTUALLY believe all the matter in the universe magically came into existence because an omniscient, omnipresent, omnipotent being that has no creator some sheep herders thousands of years claim exist with literally no objective basis for being actually true willed things into existence
Yeah mate, makes perfect fucking sense.

>> No.67510099

>>67510017
What? Some blurry thermal images of bright colors that scientists tell you are images of the early universe?

What if I told you god created the big bang? That has more logic behind it than a single point of matter just randomly exploding into everything.

lmao, you ACTUALLY believe all the matter in the universe magically came into existence because some omniscient, omnipresent, omnipotent "scientist" that has no proof, some government funding, tens of years claim, happened with literally no objective basis for being actually true, just exploded things into existence because they told you it did

yeah mate, makes perfect fucking sense

>> No.67510154

>>67510099
whether or not it's actually true, there is at least some evidence of the big bang being real. the same cannot be said of god

>> No.67510155

>>67497635
The Message Bible

It's available free online. It's in modern-day English, which means it doesn't suck like all the rest.

>> No.67510163

>>67510099
The moment you invite god into anything is the moment you invite EVERYTHING that violates logic, laws of physics, reason, ect into the picture.

If you're gonna go that route than disprove all the trillions of trillions of gods and their variations then without using logic, laws of physics, reason, ect. Go ahead, I'll wait.

>> No.67510170

>>67497724
Ha ha ha. You prefer your Bible in its original form, and then you mention the King James version? Ha ha ha ha.

>> No.67510263

>>67510154
The bible is just as much proof as a paper with a theory written in a way neither you or I understand what they're even saying. You just believe that it's true.

>>67510163
Says the guy that believes that all of existence was compressed into an infinitely small point and claims that doesn't affect the laws of physics, logic or reason.

I'm not even religious, I'm just pointing out how ignorant you are becuase you believe some silly shit like the big bang because an autistic self claimed genius sold you on the idea.

>> No.67510265

>>67510263
lol

>> No.67510358

>>67510263
i'm hesitant to call anything an 'absolute truth', scientific theories are called theories for a reason
that's not to say they wrong either though, they're considered truth for as long as the evidence for it does
science like physics allows us to quantify the world, taking what we know to figure out what we don't
to say it's pointless because there's no way to be absolutely, 100% certain that any theory is actually true is to deny technological development

and is therefore off-topic. you can show yourself out.

>> No.67510465

>>67506639
>and the arguments against God hasn't changed in the past 100 years to indicate some kind of rebuttal of the idea.
actually, they've all been rebutted. Its just that egotistic morons on mount stupid think they're the first person to come up with these questions and "oh how genius" they are to have utterly btfo christianity.

Literally read any christian apologist before the 19th century and all the arguments are there to rebut any concern since christians have been thinking about this long before some fat edgelord fuck decided they were a genuis and everyone else was stupid.

>> No.67510518

>>67506838
>are far more well read than I am on religious topics
top kek

>> No.67510587

>>67508099
>Ah, the Christfag show his true temperament.
hey its the fag from last night.
The anon you're responding to isn't me.

>> No.67510605

>>67509416
wow ikr? Us enlightened intellectuals should'nt't have to think for whost've'is't'ever.

>>67509440
Its very cleary they aren't larping, you'd've have'st to be stupid to think otherwise.

>> No.67510619

>>67499924
What is that, a dabbing eagle?

>> No.67510641

>>67510163
>red_1337_star762
oh its this faggot again.

How about you take a hint you filthy spick and hang yourself for upboats with that mac dongle you have there.

>> No.67510719
File: 33 KB, 768x432, ad-hominem-right-wrong.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67510719

>>67510605
>>67510641
Now you listen here you pathetic samefag. Just because you got BTFO and have absolutely nothing to defend your magical sky god in a technology thread doesn't make your arguments any less invalid. If you feel you have any kind of moral obligation to "spread the word" then go do it where someone gives a fuck. You'll be running circles here along larpers who just want to fuck with you more because in the end you're an absolute fucking moron who's unable to abstract away from the cock your priest shoves down your throat every sunday.

>> No.67510823
File: 4 KB, 208x206, vargface.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67510823

no

>> No.67512020

>>67497635
American Standard Version. Hard to find but is a direct upgrade to the KJV (if you prefer a literal translation)

>> No.67512065

>>67497635
If it's not KJV it's dildos

>> No.67512236

>>67498273
>AMP
>NKJV + wild-ass guessed purple prose
Why is this in the word-for-word section?

>> No.67512292
File: 142 KB, 310x366, triggeredintens.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67512292

First timothy two twelve

>> No.67512321

>>67512065
Stop samefagging, KJV-only heretic retard

>> No.67512965
File: 35 KB, 537x528, Based Revelation.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67512965

>Not knowing that the Bible has predicted major events hundreds and thousands of years before they come to pass, exactly as the Bible said they would.
>Not knowing that ~2,000 years ago, the Bible predicted that you would need a mark in your right hand or forehead in order to buy or sell anything, and that technology can only be accomplished in modern times.
>Not knowing that the Bible describes exactly how the world ends in Revelation, and that we are fast on track to exactly what happens in it.
>Not knowing that the Bible says ~2,000 years ago in Revelation that the everyone in the entire world will see the dead bodies of the two witnesses, something only possible with internet and television.

It's funny that there's an argument against the Bible because "Christianity isn't growing." That's exactly what the Bible says will happen in the end times, further solidifying it. In the end, our fellow Christians are the only ones who won't be deceived by the antichrist, his false miracles, and his forces (and thus, refuse to receive his mark), and we will be hunted, tortured, and killed by nearly everyone on earth.

For atheists, it doesn't matter, because Jesus himself rules and reigns physically on the earth for 1,000 years in the end times in their presence, after the tribulation, and after the antichrist has been exposed and thrown into hell, and people still won't believe in him. That says something.

As I said, I hate to be one of those "watch this YouTube video" guys, especially if the video is a long debate, but you need to watch this if you are reading this. It shows you why science actually proves the Bible true, and shows the outright fraudulent science that is behind evolution. You will enjoy how fast and factually and logically the speaker talks, as well: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zqutn9vwHs8

For the KJV, I reiterate:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPXYSjflvOQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFtI_mVOXbQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CY-jX9juoQ

>> No.67512970

>>67512965
lmao

>> No.67513058

>>67510719
You're pretty mad. You need Jesus.

>> No.67513067

>>67506368
Welcome to the current generation where everyone is a politics and religion expert and has to let everyone else know. Any mention of the bible will be followed with militant atheists explaining why Christianity (and only Christianity) is bad.

>> No.67513117
File: 165 KB, 320x320, 1530393482730.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67513117

>>67513058
GOT EM!

>> No.67513292

>>67513067
Why would atheists argue for anything other than Christianity when generally, nobody is arguing for any other religion except Christianity?

>> No.67514071

Modern atheists (or at least, leftists, which is the overwhelming, almost exclusive majority) are fine with every other religion except Christianity.

>> No.67514082

>>67514071
This was meant for >>67513292

>> No.67514225

>>67508424
Moving further from the source to meet the needs of your language changes some of the subtle meanings, leading to people citing a bibly verse as law when that verse does not actually mean what was originally written down. It needs to be as close to the source as possible.

>> No.67514706

>>67504154
Not religious person here: religion can just be a substitute for moral norms and codes. A bit old and honestly i do not like all of the bible moral lessons, but there is a lot of positive lessons for society in religion.
For example: in the west you get a lot of women that either wait till their 30s to settle and Tinder all the time, or they get a child from Chad that goes for cigarettes and never returns. Problem is that only cucks will decide to get in a serious relationship with a woman with kids from other men. There are cucks, so it is not a big problem for now, but there are still a lot of women that are the sole parent of a child. This of course makes the child fucked because it never had experience with a father figure. If it is a woman you will see her on Tumblr telling that all men are pigs. If it is a boy, he will either become a cuck or get in prison. Suicide is also an option.
Religion can help with that because it ccreates a social stigma for single mothers. It does no make the live a couple that does not like each other easier, but if there is a child involved there will be no divorce. They will just have to man up and live together.
Of course you can ignore what I just said and watch the beatiful Diana gets blacked while in her early 20s, fail maths exams for 1st year undergraduate, get back in her country and her husband leaves her 3 years later. Now she is a grim situation, but honestly I do not care. Why? because while you live in the west you have to be cunt to other people and never criticise or advice them. Watch them destroy their life because there is a social stigma to criticise others.
I have said in the past and I will say it again: My real friends are the people who have criticised me.

>> No.67515688
File: 18 KB, 810x456, 487974-mcafee-logo.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67515688

>"For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil."

Romans 13:4

>> No.67517488

b
ible

>> No.67517497

live

>> No.67517552

>>67497974
Brb digging out my w10 phone.

>> No.67518056

>>67512965
calling those future predictions is an incredible stretch, ancient alien theorists have more convincing arguments

>> No.67518445

>>67512965
>Not knowing that the Bible has predicted major events hundreds and thousands of years before they come to pass, exactly as the Bible said they would.
lel, more like people match up real events to some sort of biblical prediction checklist

>> No.67520180
File: 5 KB, 234x230, 1511469156247.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67520180

>>67512965

>> No.67520668
File: 251 KB, 640x608, 5087-New-Age-vs-Biblex640.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67520668

>>67499924
What does "IC" stand for, an Integrated Circuit in the Intelligence Community?

Apparently "It is sometimes rendered as "ICXC NIKA," meaning "Jesus Christ Conquers." "ICXC" may also be seen inscribed on the Ichthys. Moreover, in the traditional Orthodox icon of Christ Pantokrator, Christ's right hand is shown in a pose that represents the letters IC, X, and C" and is known as a christogram.
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christogram - Still doesn't really elaborate on the "IC" part of "IC XC NIKA".)

"MEME
miːm
noun
1.
an element of a culture or system of behaviour passed from one individual to another by imitation or other non-genetic means.
2.
an image, video, piece of text, etc., typically humorous in nature, that is copied and spread rapidly by Internet users, often with slight variations."

Technically the christian bible is a meme. But then again, so is technology. Right?

Bible verse for thread:

Matthew 28:3

And his appearance was like lightning, and his clothing as white as snow.

Eclectic esoteric bible quotes and theory site for thread (actually mentions/references a "circuit" in bible apparently):

http://www.godelectric.org/bible

>> No.67522107

>>67497510
not a Mac OS user I see

>> No.67523617
File: 65 KB, 600x600, 1477953563308.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67523617

>>67497635
AMP (Amplified Bible) is good, but has some biased inputs. It's basically like an extended cut of Bible, full of extra details and historical background. Very good if u wanna nerd out on study. Reason for it is because Hebrew and Greek have like 3 times as much words than English, so this version tries to expand the words out so it's more accurate to original texts

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis+1&version=AMP

>> No.67523676

>>67497489
Amos 3:1-2:

Hear this word which the LORD has spoken against you, sons of /g/, against the entire family which He brought up from the land of Egypt: "You only have I chosen among all the families of the earth; Therefore I will punish you for all your iniquities."

>> No.67524143

>>67498214
That sounds dope as heck.

>> No.67524169

>>67497635
Leo Taxil's "La Bible amusante"
just look up for english translation.

>> No.67524244

>>67497635
You would have to read a few translations to get a good overview. None of them is perfect.

>> No.67524264
File: 164 KB, 340x363, vbs3e7-john316-Copy.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67524264

>> No.67525291

against bloat

And Jesus looked around and said to his disciples, “How difficult it will be for those who have wealth to enter the kingdom of God!” 24 And the disciples were amazed at his words. But Jesus said to them again, “Children, how difficult it is to enter the kingdom of God! 25 It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich person to enter the kingdom of God.” 26 And they were exceedingly astonished, and said to him, “Then who can be saved?” 27 Jesus looked at them and said, “With man it is impossible, but not with God. For all things are possible with God.” Mark 11:23-27 ESV

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
E-mail
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action