Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Due to resource constraints, /g/ and /tg/ will no longer be archived or available. Other archivers continue to archive these boards.Become a Patron!

/g/ - Technology


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 242 KB, 1366x768, 2018-08-26-105318_1366x768_scrot.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67315839 No.67315839 [Reply] [Original] [archived.moe] [rbt]

>he doesn't use Arch Linux
>he needs a baby tier gui installer
>he needs a baby tier DE
please leave this board and never come back if the above applies to you

>> No.67315866

>unriced i3
>thinks he's superior to anyone
Sod off

>> No.67315911

I'm using Gentoo with KDE because I like both.

>> No.67315944

>>67315839
>Not using dwm with openbsd

>> No.67315951

>>67315839
>he doesn't use linux from scratch
pleb

>> No.67315959
File: 89 KB, 377x356, 1534830219600.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67315959

I prefer comfort and efficiency to gimmicks and weird interface

>> No.67315974

>1GHz dual-core Bulldozer-based APU
how do you do anything without it chugging?

>> No.67315977

>learning to install a meme OS that can fail anytime instead of being productive

>> No.67316010

>>67315974
it works pretty good with a lightweight environment, browsing is smooth and I can watch youtube videos

>> No.67316016
File: 9 KB, 229x220, punch api.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67316016

>>67316010

>> No.67316022

>>67316010
i3 is bloat

>> No.67316028
File: 67 KB, 1465x1007, c4b.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67316028

>>67316010

>> No.67316039

>>67316022
no it's not and I don't have a RAM issue so the extra KB over some shit tier meme WM doesn't matter. by lightweight I mean no background garbage services that you get when you use a desktop distro

>> No.67316066
File: 98 KB, 753x455, 1530506691338.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67316066

>>67315839
>gapless i3
>no rice
>running on an asus shitbook
please leave this board and never come back if the above applies to you

>> No.67316096

>>67315839
>mfw everyone at work laughs when I say a server should have a GUI
>mfw none of them understands that it doesn't use any resources until you RDP in and then only uses those resources until you log off

>> No.67316115

>>67315839
>he is too dumb to install gentoo

>> No.67316116

>>67315839
where is your minimalistic wallpaper and cartoon girl? Also you need to have more than 2 windows open so it looks cooler

>> No.67316147

>>67316115
>gentoo
>1ghz dual core APU
pick one

>> No.67316523

>>67316066
who's that girl in his clothes

>> No.67316576 [DELETED] 
File: 67 KB, 853x459, Nozocringe.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67316576

>>67315839

>> No.67316583

>>67315839
>using arch because you're too much of an impatient babby to install gentoo

>> No.67316616

>>67315839
>inconvenience == good
False

>> No.67316643

I only use arch because of AUR and the wiki. It's not harder than any other distro to install. You just need to read the wiki.

>> No.67316735

>>67315839
>he doesn't use Gentoo
>he needs baby tier install helper scripts
>he needs a baby tier WM
please leave this board and never come back if the above applies to you

>> No.67316742

>>67315839
>dbz
lol pathetic

>> No.67316751

>>67316735
>he doesn't use LFS
>he needs USEFLAGS because he can't configure compile time flags manually
>he uses GUI
please leave this board and never come back if the above applies to you

>> No.67316770

>>67315839
Window managers are a meme, and your terminal font is a complete disaster

>> No.67316773

>>67315839
> >he doesn't use Arch Linux
I use it
> >he needs a baby tier gui installer
Yeah, antergos, because muh time
> >he needs a baby tier DE
Openbox with tiling shorcuts
> please leave this board and never come back if the above applies to you
Ok, bye

>> No.67316790

>>67316751
>he uses LFS
>he thinks manually hunting dependencies is anything but an annoying menial task
>he purposefully inconveniences himself because hunting all the dependencies for functional X or Wayland would take a month of uninterrupted work
Gentoo is peak, LFS is beyond the point of dimishing returns, please leave this board and never come back if the above applies to you

>> No.67316809

>>67316773
>because muh time
I found Antergos to be a slower install than normal Arch.

>> No.67316811

>>67316790
No, Arch is peak. Gentoo is beyond the point of diminishing returns.

>> No.67316818
File: 992 KB, 389x259, l.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67316818

>he uses linux purely to brag to people on 4chan

>> No.67316830

Why is it only Arch faggots that need to come here and tell everyone what special snowflake distro they're using?

>> No.67316831

>>67316790
Nice cope, I bet you use a text editor like vim instead of just using cat.

>> No.67316837
File: 408 KB, 1366x768, QubesOS.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67316837

Qubes

>> No.67316841

>>67316773
windows babby here
when I tried using the antegros installer half of the time I tried to log into my account my screen would just go black on boot and the I had audio problems the other time I tried installing it
dont understand the point of fast installers if they come with their own versions of troubleshooting anyway

>> No.67316858

>>67316837
>Not reimplementing Qubes in Arch yourself

>> No.67316863

>>67316858
it doesnt use the linux kernel, im not going to modify the linux kernel until i have a qubes port to arch

>> No.67316864

BU THE WAY I USE AAAARRCH LIINUUUX
>doesn't know about systemd
>Doesn't know about pacmans config-shoah
>Claims he would be a valuable member of /g/

>> No.67316867

>>67316863
or more accurately, the qubes kernel is a modified linux kernel and im not going to do that

>> No.67316878

>>67316863
Reimplementing the segregation and X-integration is actually not that difficult. Read up on QUbes, they use an X11 stub driver to enable framebuffer-copying. You can easily port this to arch and setup automated VMs with kvm as a hypervisor.

>> No.67316884

>>67315839
people like you are the reason why arch users have a bad reputation

>> No.67316888

>>67316878
i wouldnt want to use kvm over xen

>> No.67316896

>>67316811
Arch is shit, it's super easy to install, any idiot can do it. The problem with that is that the system is so gay and prone to breakage that an inexperienced user can't fix it because he has no idea what he even did during the install. Gentoo's approach gives you an idea of what exactly you have on your system, so even if the generally stable system breaks afterwards, the user will be able to fix it.

>> No.67316910

>>67316888
Whatever floats your boat. Qubes is really nice and I do like Xen a lot, but as I personally prefer to be able to use any kernel - which is why I'm sticking to KVM.
That being said, I'm not autistic enough to reimplement VM-integration in Arch or whatever, at least not yet,

>> No.67316913

>>67316896
>The problem with that is that the system is so gay and prone to breakage
Am I in 2008 again?

>> No.67316932

>>67315911
My nigga

>> No.67316934

>>67316913
You're still in 2008 because
>Arch, Arch never changes

>> No.67316945

>>67316934
Learn to quote properly, retard.

>> No.67316972

>>67316945
>hurr greentexting may only be used for quoting the guy you're replying to
hownew.ru

>> No.67316979

>>67316972
Go back to /b/. "Greentexting" is a /b/ meme.

>> No.67316988
File: 16 KB, 400x300, wut.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67316988

>>67316979
>greentexting is for /b/

>> No.67316999

>>67316988
Yes, that's where it came from. Ever since the /b/tards started infecting the rest of the site we've had to put up with retarded memers.

>> No.67317055

>>67316809
I don't care to repeat the learning process that I had to do for arch and my memory sucks.
My laziness is mostly because I have to change all the locales, repos and keyboard keys, while with antergos I have just to select my country.
>>67316841
Yeah chchchch (or whatever it's named) sucks.

>> No.67317079

>>67316830
Yeah, because Gentoo users never constantly mention how they use Gentoo, or how you should install it.

>> No.67317096

>>67316837
What is that game?

>> No.67317115
File: 647 KB, 1366x768, SoldTownGirl.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67317115

>>67317096
i get asked that alot. its in this file name

>> No.67317129

>>67317115
Thanks bud

>> No.67317133

>>67316066
There is no point in gapless i3 if what you're looking for is saving as much space as possible

>>67316523
You're desperate

>> No.67317177

>>67315839
Judging from that i3 setup, you probably installed Arch ~1 hour ago just so you can shitpost on /g/. Congratulations.

>> No.67317298

>>67316979
>Nobody on 4chins greentexts
Holy shit, you still believe the earth is round do you?
Retarded normalfags >>>/out/

>> No.67317402
File: 1.36 MB, 800x800, 1458070606120.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67317402

>>67315839
>1366x768

>> No.67317409

>>67315839
did you literally just install it?

>> No.67317429

>>67317133
tell me whose her or your mom will die in her sleep tonight

>> No.67317452

>>67317409
>look mom! I finally figured out how to install arch linux! Im going to go tell all my online friends!

>> No.67317630

>>67315839
>stock colours on bash
>i3bar stock, unchanged and at a bottom
>urxvt still stock
>theme and icons still stock
>only 452 packages
>username : [email protected]

what a pathetic loser, leave this board faggot

>> No.67317691

>>67317177
>>67317409
>>67317630
oh no he did not autistically rice his setup, he must just have installed it
>urxvt
it's terminator faggot

>> No.67317711
File: 140 KB, 1365x765, Screenshot from 2018-08-26 15-08-09.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67317711

>>67315839
>stock colours on bash
>i3bar stock, unchanged and at a bottom
>urxvt still stock
>theme and icons still stock
>only 452 packages
>username : [email protected]

what a pathetic loser, leave this board faggot

>> No.67317921

>>67316576
>uses anime picture in post calling others cringe
Not very self aware, are you?

>> No.67317938 [DELETED] 
File: 340 KB, 1500x872, hot anime girls.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67317938

>>67317921

>> No.67317951

>>67315839
>this is my first time on wm with arch
>I did it mom!
the post

>> No.67317952

You use Arch because you couldn't setup Gentoo.

>> No.67317991

>hurr durr i think this is acceptable https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/bluetooth

>> No.67318009

>>67315839
>unriced i3
I nearly vomited

>> No.67318100

>>67315911
>Gentoo
>KDE
how many months does install take

>> No.67318115

>>67318100
Not him but on my x220 base kde took about a day, the extra apps including the browser took day and a half, no joke.

>> No.67318138
File: 5 KB, 250x212, 1505183846941s.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67318138

>>67318115
>a day

>> No.67318148

>>67318115
http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/61.0.1/

>> No.67318152

>>67317952
no, >>67316147

>> No.67318157

>>67317115
The name is __________ ? I don't get it and where can i find it, im sorry for being retarded.

>> No.67318166

>>67316147
this shouldn't take that long, would it?

>> No.67318171

>>67318148
The meta packages compiles some shit called falcon, it took hours and i didn't even use it, got FF from an overlay (with the fixed filepicker) afterwards which took a whole bunch too.

>> No.67318188

>>67318157
read the image in the post you responded to.
the game is Sold Town Girl

>> No.67318232

>>67318171
>falcon
that's qupzilla /chromium/

>> No.67318781

>>67318188
>Sold Town Girl
Thanks.

>> No.67318800

>>67315839
>Chrome
Nice.

>> No.67318809

>>67317711
>herbie hancock
>CAVA
my nigga

>> No.67319146

>>67315866
Ricing is for posers.

>> No.67319280
File: 1.03 MB, 248x193, call spock.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67319280

>>67319146

>> No.67319364

>>67315839
>not using Debian with 'expert install' instead of a meme distro
>not ricing your i3 status bar with i3blocks

>> No.67319388

>>67319364
>>not using Debian with 'expert install' instead of a meme distro
>installs the MBR to the install USB
>instead of a meme distro

>> No.67319394

>>67316066
>needing more power than that
i bet you use Ubuntu too, you gap-loving faggot

>> No.67319408

>>67319388
I've seen your posts already today with that meme that is literally not a thing if you're not doing something obviously retarded
Was using a real distro too hard for you arch babby?

>> No.67319409

>>67319388
>Using anything but netInstall which does not have this problem.

>> No.67319455

>he thinks he's somehow superior for installing his OS by following a tutorial
top kek, arch kiddies are retarded

>> No.67319467

>>67319409
kek literally netinstall problem

>> No.67319504

>>67319408
i haven't posted this today
have said it before, the only i did was to not select any pkg group at the end, go replicate and kys like ean you obnoxious cancer
your real distro is pure garbage and you know it

>> No.67319522

>>67319504
>the only i did was to not select any pkg group at the end
nigga learn 2 English first then try your hand at operating a computer, i know it can be hard for creaturas such as yourself

>> No.67319546

>>67319408
and btw in the end debian worked like crap, video is barely playable even in mpv even in low res with the os raping the cpu

>> No.67319557

>>67319546
then maybe try using something newer than a pentium and don't use some bloated af DE? absolute nigger

>> No.67319559

>>67319522
>adhominem
the only thing i did
go fuck yourself

>> No.67319575

>>67316028
Arch is easier to use than Debian desu

>> No.67319584

>>67319559
>pointing out someone's very obvious inability to speak and suggesting them a more suitable path of education based on that fact to avoid the issue they're complaining about in the future is now an ad eminem attack

nigga disappoint, go back ooga booga

>> No.67319597

>>67319575
Not really, Debian uses the apt package manager which is just much more common and therefore has a lot more community support
normies can just google the problem they're having if they ever do and find a solution within seconds from any Debian-based distro, which just happen to me the most popular distros as well (Mint, Ubuntu)

>> No.67319603

>>67315839
Why would i install that piece of shit? It has no real advantages over anything else.

>> No.67319640
File: 8 KB, 236x236, 3d8e59a95b8baa7be4991203fd40aee3--funny-smiley-smiley-emoji.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67319640

>try to install arch for the fuck of it
>takes an entire afternoon
>have to actually download packages to install the fucking thing, everything you need isn't on the installation medium to begin with
>have to constantly jump between my installation and the installation medium and remount my shit every time because wifi-menu and its dependancies need to be installed by hand even though they're on the install disk
>finally get around to installing a desktop environment (not an autist WM like i3)
>end result is the same thing as ubuntu but with less software and it breaks more easily

One day I'd like Archies to explain to me what the purpose of Arch Linux even is

>> No.67319702

>>67319584
>resorting to adhominem AGAIN because you know you're wrong and have nothing to reply on subject
pathetic just like your real distro

>> No.67319713

>>67319702
>replying still despite being baited and still not bringing a single real non-meme non-anecdote argument about why Arch isn't garbage and/or why Debian is

>> No.67319727

>>67319640
have your computer the way you want it with failure proof basic way of installation which happens to just be boot, mount, pacstrap, configure, reboot

>> No.67319731

>>67319597
>apt package manager which is just much more common and therefore has a lot more community support
kek enjoy your outdated packages senpai

>> No.67319746

>>67319713
>argument about why Arch isn't garbage and/or why Debian is
>changing subject
nigger

>> No.67319750

>>67319727
Yeah, arch is like a 10 minute install at most, once you already know what you're doing

>> No.67319765

>>67319731
>implying anybody who wants their software to be used/found and cares about it is gonna cater to the most niche of niches like autistic arch users instead of caring first and foremost about people who use their computer unironically and uses a real package manager, and even then, stability over up-to-dateness anyday
>>67319746
that was my original post that you replied to faggot

>> No.67319766

>>67319597
Apt has always been incredibly unreliable to me, everytime I think "oh I'll move back to Debian it will be cool" it all falls apart

>> No.67319769

>>67315839
NO

>> No.67319775

>>67319766
still fails far less than pacman and all that shit

>> No.67319824

>>67319775
Pacman hasn't ever failed on me, apt has at least everytime

>> No.67319848

>>67319824
Apt has never failed for me, pacman has every time

what now?

>> No.67319857

>>67319848
Then we were meant to be

>> No.67319880

>>67319765
holy shit this fucking sentence. Stop with the fucking greentext and please just type like a normal person.
Apt has far more outdated packages than pacman, period. I don't care if apt has "more support" or is "more popular" because that's just what it is.

>> No.67319887

>>67319765
>and still not bringing a single real non-meme non-anecdote argument about why Arch isn't garbage and/or why Debian is
i did faggot, read the chain and it wasn't arch vs debian but guess what arch > debian, fact at least in my book after hours of tests on the same pc

>> No.67319997
File: 535 KB, 641x4513, 1530743540055.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67319997

>>67316028
if only I had the one where it's just nothing but text (it's on my main computer but I'm at work atm)

>> No.67320062

>>67317921
Gave me a good chuckle. Upvoted.

>> No.67320084
File: 1.67 MB, 427x240, I'm done.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67320084

>>67317921
>anime is bad
>said on a website designed by and for weebs
WHY
ARE
YOU
HERE?
The newfags who started this trend of anti-weeb elitism need to go back.
The hypocrisy is so ASININE

>> No.67320126

>>67316837
Do portraits work for you in this game?
Good taste btw

>> No.67320222
File: 18 KB, 744x247, 1515667755089.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67320222

>>67317921
>Not very self aware, are you?
>on 4chan
This "le post-ironic le weeaboo" shit was actually useful for a little while, as it was a decent way to spot tryhard newfags who weren't in on the culture or the jokes. Now that everyone seems to think it's a "dank meemay" it's just annoying.

>> No.67320369

>>67319880
Not only is that not true and not only are you still dumb enough to reply to an obvious bait post but even if it were true i don't care if it's 2 days outdated, it works, unlike Pacman
>>67319887
no you didn't, faggot, and Debian > Arch at least in my book fact at least in my book after hours of tests on multiple PCs

>> No.67320554

>>67315839
>>he uses linux on his shit book and manly uses his windows desktop.

retard

>> No.67320593

>>67320369
>no you didn't, faggot, and Debian > Arch at least in my book fact at least in my book after hours of tests on multiple PCs
wipe the foam out of your mouth

>> No.67320605

>>67320593
i'm literally saying what you said though with some words swapped around, mongoloid

>> No.67320607
File: 2 KB, 113x125, 1517034825395s.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67320607

>>67320369
>no you didn't, faggot

>> No.67320613

>>67320605
i know you did, sperg, however it's not always what you say

>> No.67320633

>>67320607
>>67320613
>arch user samefagging
go fix your x server ugly

>> No.67320638

>>67320126
Fixed it, solution is to tell wine to use native d3d11.dll

>> No.67320814

>>67315839
>he needs a DE
How about you leave

>> No.67320972
File: 1 KB, 113x125, 1517034887117s.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67320972

>>67320633
>samefagging

>> No.67321002

stop using arch

>> No.67321043

>>67315839
>2018
>falling for the arch meme

>> No.67321089

>>67317115
Take clothes off pls

>> No.67321146

>>67319597
Debian breaks when trying to run something from this century

>> No.67321246
File: 60 KB, 456x570, 1418073462299.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67321246

>>67316999
What a waste of fucking trips.
>greentexting originated on /b/
It's how we've been quoting posts since the early BBS days you newfag.

>Ever since the /b/tards started infecting the rest of the site we've had to put up with retarded memers.
There's no fucking chance you were here in 2006, or at least 2008.

>> No.67321354

>>67321002
>t. varg

>> No.67321681
File: 182 KB, 1440x900, 2018-08-26-151350_1440x900_scrot.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
67321681

OP is a fag
Arch linux is for 12 year olds
DEs are based

>> No.67322981

>>67321681
What's even the point, besides the included xfce applications you could use with i3 standalone anyway I don't get what the point is

>> No.67325170

>>67321146
that's a strange way to spell Arch

>> No.67325296

>>67316979
ooofff you need to go back

>> No.67325307

>>67315839
>systemd distro
Please leave this board and go back to windows.

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
E-mail
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action