Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Due to resource constraints, /g/ and /tg/ will no longer be archived or available. Other archivers continue to archive these boards.Become a Patron!

/g/ - Technology


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 143 KB, 1024x683, AE7C1ECA-6731-4B7B-985F-B055FDE68D7C.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
63277922 No.63277922 [Reply] [Original] [archived.moe] [rbt]

What is it about macOS that makes it look just... better?

See pic related. It’s not clear what it is, but that operating system just looks better than windows or Linux. A certain je ne sais quoi.

>> No.63277931 [DELETED] 

PAJEETS BTFO

>> No.63277938

Because that's the only thing it does better. When it comes to actual features and usability it's shit.

>> No.63277948

>>63277922
Cilt behaviour
It looks like shit, like oine of the BAd linux desktop enviroments nobody uses

>> No.63277967

>>63277922
Better rendering pipeline (based on PDF), and extreme attention to detail/consistency.

Although with High Sierra I'm getting glitches/artifacts for the first time ever using OSX (going back to initial release). I assume it's a Metal 2 issue.

>> No.63277968

better? you mean that cancerous blurry font rendering? no thanks, faggot

>> No.63278199
File: 2.27 MB, 3024x4032, BAE696D5-E32B-414F-8B20-0F42BE3E9B06.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
63278199

>> No.63278732
File: 699 KB, 768x1024, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
63278732

>>63277922
They actually pay designers to do their job. Companies like Microsoft have tons of executives without any fucking taste and tell them what to do because they think they’re smarter and have better taste + force them to do things „different“ for no fucking reason other than making their products look „unique“ for good initial sales.
Pic related is a good movie about this topic.

>> No.63278864

>>63277922
>shilling for apple
>French
back to /lgbt/

>> No.63280402

>>63278864
He's clearly not French, you idiot. Look at the fucking question mark.

>> No.63280422

>>63277922
It looks cheap and generic

>> No.63280702

>>63277968
>I don't know how to disable font smoothing
Retard

>> No.63281971

>>63277922
you posted a picture of a non-apple computer case (ncase m1) and then the fucking screen is just a wallpaper with a dock. And is that a fucking non-apple television used as a monitor? what part of your picture just looks better?

>> No.63281988

>>63277938
feature for feature macos is better than winshit
usability & customizability is better in macos

you're a fucking moron

>> No.63282020
File: 95 KB, 253x254, 1504135143249.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
63282020

>>63281988
>appletoddler brainlet calling anyone else a moron

>> No.63282021

>>63277922
>What is it about macOS that makes it look just... better?
Your gay brain. The same reason cock looks appetizing to you.

>> No.63282051
File: 93 KB, 687x778, 1504651820654.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
63282051

Is macos looks so bad then why do most linuxs look nearly the same?

>> No.63282075

>>63277922
Couldn't tell you. All I see in that picture is a wallpaper and a dock, nothing you can't accomplish on Linux. Windows, yeah, no..

>> No.63282091

>>63282051
>Is macos looks so bad then why do most linuxs look nearly the same?
Your gay brain. The same reason cock looks appetizing to you.

>> No.63282111

>>63282091
not an argument

>> No.63282141

>>63282111
Indeed, it's a statement.

>> No.63282246

>>63281988
macos is shit and has no features for enterprise

>> No.63282281

>>63278732
fucking love that movie

>> No.63282321

>>63278732
This. It looks good because at Apple, designers are in charge of literally every decision (at the expense of engineers).

>> No.63282818

>homOS X
What are you, fucking gay?

>> No.63283019

>>63281971
He's probably talking about the oversaturated wallpaper.

>> No.63283091

God damnit every hour there is someone praising Apple
>Mac is... better
>iPhone just works
>Mac werks
I have a old MacBook and it's good, but nothing exceptional that requires several threads on /g/
I think you guys bought the shit just to talk about it instead if actually using it

>> No.63283102

>>63277922
Mac has always been great at polishing turds. At the end of the day, it's just a prettier and slower version of Unix.

>> No.63283241

>>63277922
I disagree. Mac Os Icon theming is ugly as fuck across the board and their desktop environment has 0 unique features or important stylistic distinctions.

There's a reason you can't describe why you think its better: because it isn't. It's just your pre-existing assumption of apple superiority blinding you to the fact that there are no actual coherent design principles being employed in their UI other than mouse accessibility. In my opinion, Os X looks like Cinnamon with a lazy outdated icon scheme.

>> No.63283298

>>63283091
just works is a lie. Updates to Mac OS broke kernel compatibility with my custom configuration 2014 pro, causing it to kernel panic every time the wifi driver attempted to rescan networks.

Linux works fine on it though and I've still been using the laptop for little over a year since OS X broke

>> No.63283330

>>63277922
it doesn't
though it does look better than windows but windows is a garbage fire at this point

>> No.63283341

You basically have to match the nice hardware. and its made for the non technology adapt. And when it really comes down to it Linux vs OSx is like functionality vs Looks.

>> No.63283401

>>63277938
>Because that's the only thing it does better. When it comes to actual features and usability it's shit.
Uhhh. MacOS is actually a lot more stable and secure than Windows. This isn't even an opinion, it's a fact. What the hell are you talking about?
And before you call me an Apple shill, i don't even use Macs, I use Linux

>> No.63283420

>>63280402
?

>> No.63284580
File: 988 KB, 1135x1183, Screen Shot 2017-11-09 at 05.56.27.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
63284580

>>63277922
>can't click on buttons/links of unfocussed windows

>> No.63284594

>>63284580
yes you can, hold CMD whilst hovering over the open window and clicking the button

tard lmao

>> No.63284616

>>63284594
>opens chrome links in new tab
in the first place why would it need an extra press of a button, windows and linux don't have this problem

>> No.63284759

>>63277922
It just need 4gigs of ram just to run so like SUCE MA BITE APPLE

>> No.63284807
File: 453 KB, 1920x1080, 791E6627-42B4-45CA-B372-BFF682FBB6A9.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
63284807

:^)

It just werks

>> No.63284839

>>63284759
>>>63277922 (OP)
>It just need 4gigs of ram just to run so like SUCE MA BITE APPLE
It mean suck my dick Apple if you didnt google translated

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
E-mail
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action