Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

/vt/ is now archived.Become a Patron!

/g/ - Technology


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 38 KB, 508x564, windows-task-manager-free-vs-cached.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
51370334 No.51370334 [Reply] [Original] [archived.moe] [rbt]

Why is my pc using so much ram?
46% without any programs
70%+ with firefox

windows 7
i7920
6gb ram

>> No.51370357

try posting a screenshot you made yourself from the processes tab

>> No.51370363

>windows

Your answer is in your question OP

>> No.51370492

>>51370334
Turn off Superfetch.

>> No.51370496

>>51370334
Install gentoo

>> No.51370526

You say 6GB, your screenshot says 12. Good job.

>> No.51370578

>>51370334
> 6GB
found your problem.

>> No.51370641

>>51370496
more info about gentoo?

>> No.51371465

>>51370334
My w7 uses around 1,3Gb when idle w/o programms.

>> No.51371572

Install a not-outdated version of Windows.

>> No.51371783
File: 50 KB, 640x478, 1441652529549.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
51371783

>>51371572

>> No.51372090
File: 339 KB, 1070x736, file.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
51372090

>>51370334
git gud

>> No.51372126

>>51370334
PC cannot use himself you dumbass, software is using RAM u dipshit

>> No.51372138
File: 11 KB, 364x378, huehue.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
51372138

how do i into memory, guise

>> No.51372244

>>51370334
>108 processes
Nigga what

>> No.51372276
File: 34 KB, 718x588, windows 8.1.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
51372276

>>51372138
>>51370334
>>51370363
>>51372090
git gud

>> No.51372287

>Processes: 108

wew

>> No.51372289

>>51372276
>not based windows 7
>under 12GB
fuck off mate

>> No.51372292

cause unused RAM is wasted RAM

>> No.51372306

>>51372292
love this meme

>> No.51372311

>>51372090
>64GB
wew

>> No.51372320

>>51370334
Because you have ram to be used. Your PC is SUPPOSED to use as much as it wants to speed things up. You'd be horrified if you ever used Linux.

>> No.51372340

>>51370334
>windows

Here lies your only problem.

Windows is only for super computers.

>> No.51372343

>>51372320
How come when windows uses more ram, it gets slower? this is what ive always experienced, and this is just windows and not other programs running in the background.

>> No.51372359

>>51372320
This. Also, it's not that hard to download more ram, OP.

Just Google around.

>> No.51372361

>>51372320
then please explain this: >>51372090

>> No.51372403

>>51372361
Lol. He was posting b8, ya retard

>> No.51372408

>>51372403
but the part about Linux being horrible was a fact, so I thought maybe the rest was too.

>> No.51372423

>>51372343
>>51372361
These are both easily explained away with "because windows is shit".

Seriously its RAM management is fucking dire compared to Linux, and they keep using the same system for it for release after release. Why they don't just scrap it and rebuild it from the ground up based off Linux or Unix stack is beyond me. The performance gains would be appreciable enough for this alone to let them sell it as Windows 11 or some bullocks.

Although if this were the case you'd get all the hardcore, dyed in the wool, Windows fans bitching and moaning that "muh windows uses too much RAM".

The whole fucking point of having RAM is to use it and save on disk swapping, its near pointless having 16GB in Windows because the fucking thing will never let the apps use it all, unless you're doing heavy encoding or rendering work.

>> No.51372432

>>51372408
Oh lol yh.

>> No.51372445

>>51372423
>why don't they just rebuilt from ground up w/ Unix?

MS said they'll into it on next release, iirc

>> No.51372472

>>51372138
>>51372276

>git gud

show me your uptime, bro.

>> No.51372491

>>51372090
Does the boss know you're using the server to shitpost on a Chinese knitting forum?

>> No.51372499

>>51372491
>the server
it's my personal desktop, at home

>> No.51372867

>>51372491
> server
> uptime 40 mins
You are bad at things.

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
E-mail
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
Captcha
Action