Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Maintenance is complete! We got more disk space.
Become a Patron!

/g/ - Technology


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 77 KB, 816x720, FB_IMG_1442701424308.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
50373128 No.50373128 [Reply] [Original] [archived.moe] [rbt]

>builds a crappy clock that probably doesn't function
>experience casual racism claims of being a terrorist
>whole situation blown out of proportions
>now has NSA tracking his every move with microshit botnet
Such a poor lad, his life must be awful

>> No.50373165

>>50373128
>casual racism claims
>humiliated, arrested, treated like criminals by people who vowed to protect and educate him

K.

Microshit is pretty cool for giving him that kinda support, though.

Easy PR for them and I'm sure the kid will be even more encouraged to create shit.

>> No.50373276

>>50373165
Get your shit straight you dumb nigga. He is named Ahmed Mohammed, it's literally the most arab name you can imagine.

Now he makes the clock that looks like some fucking bomb(what was the design based on?! CS:GO?), brings it to school and not only that it's utter garbage that probably doesn't work(who the fuck makes such ugly, large and non-functional clock anyway?), but he takes it out despite what common sense would tell him.

The teacher responsibly calls the cops who initiate the standard procedure. The boy wasn't tortured nor held in prison, he left soon enough. He wasn't hurt, the only thing he missed was probably day of school - not a big deal, since he's dumb anyway(just think again about what he did...).

Now, everyone is blaming law/teacher/police. They say that it's racist, that they are basing on stereotypes. Well, gues what? Say thank you to your lovely arab fuckmates for creating these stereotypes in the first place. I've never heard of christian extermists who were blowing themselves up in the name of their god, nor hijacking planes to crush into some fucking building because their faith is so important. Same goes for buddhists or atheists.

Now *if* he *was* the real terrorist and blew up the whole school, everyone would be losing their mind - why no one reacted, where was the police, why is the security policy so bad, etc.

So shut your god damn mouth you fucking abomination and start thinking straight.

God people these days are just dumb.

>> No.50373290

>>50373128
>>50373276
Typical neo-nazi neo-/g/ shitposter

>> No.50373323
File: 24 KB, 464x356, 1435116357449.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
50373323

>>50373276
Holy shit, do you hear yourself?

Abandon thread

>>>/pol/

>> No.50373342

>>50373276
lol

>> No.50373383
File: 137 KB, 720x540, actual orginal content.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
50373383

>>50373128
>>>/pol/
>But Jewish conspiracies are tech too /g/

Fuck off

>> No.50373386

>>50373128
this is why im mexican, the worst people think of me is ill steal their jobs and be lazy

>> No.50373416

>>50373276
The only sane person in the thread, right here.

>> No.50373440

Actually.... He didn't even make it.
The clock was made by someone else.

>> No.50373468
File: 40 KB, 400x534, ObiWanHS-SWE.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
50373468

>not realizing the free gifts are product placement

the autism is strong with this one

>> No.50373476

>>50373276
>being this much of a racist
Gtfo whitey you guys are finished in this country get over it and die off

>> No.50373503

>>50373386
amen to that

>> No.50373523
File: 3 KB, 429x410, pffff.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
50373523

>>50373290
>>50373323
> being this cucked

We're going to let ourselves die in the name of political correctness, aren't we?

>> No.50373536

>>50373128
>>50373165
>>50373276
if you look at what he built you realize that he didn't actually try to build a clock. then you ask yourself, well wtf was he trying to do?

then you realize his dad is an islamaphobia activist.

then you realize this entire thing was a setup meant to trigger an outcome exactly like the outcome ahmed got:

liberal support, meetings with zuckerberg, free shit, visit to the white house, etc.

why are liberals so stupid?

>> No.50373539

>>50373468
he was a good friend

>> No.50373560
File: 54 KB, 640x874, 4chan.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
50373560

>>50373523
>political correctness

Hey guis 9/11 was an inside job and if you don't agree with me it's because you're just a damn politcally correct bush lover.

>> No.50373577

>>50373128
Holy shit. You actually think he built that?
He disassembled some shitty alarm clock and put it all in a metal pencil case and acts like he "invented"/"made" it.
This kid is a fucking hack. Honestly look at this fucking interview, and watch how the media and him act as though he is making incredible things when all he is doing is either just disassembling some random shit or setting a micro controller on the fucking table. Literally the first 25 seconds is enough to be sick of him
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mW4w0Y1OXE

>> No.50373579

>>50373128
>now has NSA tracking his every move with microshit botnet

finally, the nsa can read all of his illegal curry recipes and see all his ankle and goat porn

>> No.50373583

>>50373523
No, but you seem to be going out of your way to get cucked by being an edgy contrarian

>> No.50373586

>>50373476
how's reddit going today?

>> No.50373595

>>50373276
Is it really such a minority opinion that he just shouldnt of been retarded enough to bring something like that to school in the first place?

Why didn't he just take a fucking picture of that shit to show off?

Literally how did he not think people would mistake it for a bomb? If I had made anything similar my friends would of immediately joked about how it looks like something out of CSGO.

Sure, their reaction to the whole thing was awful, but it doesn't mean this kid wasn't retarded as fuck for doing this to begin with.

>> No.50373644

>>50373577
>tfw he's looking to his left and behind the camera at his coach/parent

>> No.50373658

>>50373577
A clock isn't ground-breaking. At his age we were making RC cars and shit in electronics club after school.

>> No.50373665

>>50373586
Very good, we are euphoric

>> No.50373717
File: 1003 KB, 220x220, timcookwhenyouupdatetoIOS9.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
50373717

>>50373665
So many of my interns browse reddit.

MFW I'm canning all but the one who browses 4chan in his free time.

>> No.50373725

>>50373128

damn wish I was arab so I could get called a terrorist and free shit.

Instead I'm treated as a nigger, who gets felt up by white males in cop suits because I'm seen as a "threat"

>> No.50373727

>>50373658
I bet you think putting together a PC qualifies you to be an engineer at Intel.

>> No.50373737

didn't we just have this thread? oh well.
>surface pro3
>3d printer
>windows 10
>raspberry pie
just give the kid the brief case and the nuclear launch codes while your at it

>> No.50373760
File: 60 KB, 790x478, 0916ahmedclock.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
50373760

>>50373128
>kikes trying to make money off of liberal agitation again

This is just like when gay marriage became legal in every state. All these companies changed their avatars on social media to rainbows, as if to say "Look, goy, we're just like you, buy from us, we're the good company!" Now we have this kid that everyone's trying to make a racial apologist story out of that all these companies and people with tarnished reputations are using to make themselves look good. Of course he'd get a pile of shit from Microsoft! Of course he'd get invited to visit a president for whom only 1/4 of the country can say he's doing a good job! Disgusting. I'm not trying to advocate being anti-capitalist or anything, but the amount of degeneracy people would stoop to nowadays to make a buck is terrible.

>> No.50373763

>>50373725
>implying blacks haven't milked white guilt for years.

Yet you come here and complain how hard your life is. Blame your parents for your position.

>> No.50373773

>>50373386
>steal jobs AND be lazy
Not even Mexican, but this does not make sense

>> No.50373775

>>50373727
No. The guy was acting like making a clock is some impossible feat for a kid of his age.

>> No.50373785

>>50373128
we did it reddit!

>> No.50373803

>>50373773
thats the stereotype man, eel with it

>> No.50373820

>>50373276
stay mad

>> No.50373826
File: 14 KB, 480x360, actually.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
50373826

>>50373276

> the only thing he missed was probably day of school

Actually, he was suspended for three days, after they figured out it was just a clock.

>> No.50373828

>>50373128
He disassembled a clock and put the pieces into a case, and said he made a clock. Why he did that in the first place?

>> No.50373830

>>50373775
Making a clock and following directions to assemble an RC car whose pieces are designed to be put together by a trained monkey are not even close to being in the same league.

>> No.50373864

>>50373830
They're both consumer grade electronics that are clobbered together by chink children for pennies an hour.

>> No.50373867

>>50373128
What the fuck, I want free botnet too!

>> No.50373884

>>50373128
>builds a crappy clock that probably doesn't function
>builds

>> No.50373911

>>50373867
It's your lucky day!!
Upgrade to Windows10 for free!
Yes you heard me right, TOTALLY FREE!!
*botnet included.

>> No.50373935

>>50373595
>Literally how did he not think people would mistake it for a bomb?
If you watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mW4w0Y1OXE [Embed] , he says something like "I locked it with a simple cable so it wouldn't look that much suspicious".
The little faggot knew.

>> No.50373951

>>50373911
Too bad the drivers are shit.

>> No.50373970

>>50373276
Fuck it, gonna take the bait

>I've never heard of christian extermists who were blowing themselves up in the name of their god
See: Anders Breivik

>Same goes for buddhists or atheists.
There was some guy in Japan, but I forgot his name. Elliot Rodgers fits the latter one though

Also, it's only the liberals and SJW's calling the race card on this one as far as I know. Most people I've talked to said the actions were justified, but then again most people I know are in STEM

>> No.50373973

>>50373276
You've obviously never heard of the IRA and the violence between Catholics and Protestants.

>> No.50374002
File: 980 KB, 480x360, 1442066086908.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
50374002

>>50373773
see
>>50373803
thats not even logical lazy beaner stealing our jobs parasites, but at least we dont blow up building and practice clit circumsition

>> No.50374010

>>50373973

Northern Irish here. It was a bit more complicated than that.

But don't let that get in the way of this /pol/ shit thread.

>> No.50374030

>>50373973
Christians fighting each other other northern ireland, same as declaring war on the world for not following your religion, that's a foreign occupation war not a religious one.
Good copout doe.

>> No.50374041

>>50373970
>Elliot Rodgers fits the latter one though
I don't think Rodgers did what he did in the name of atheism.

>> No.50374050

so if it was a bomb why didn't they evacuate the school? why didn't they get a bomb squad involved? why didn't they just fucking ask the engineering teacher he showed it to? why did the english teacher make him take it out of his backpack?

oh...

because a bunch of powertripping halfwits just wanted to humiliate a Muslim kid that made a shitty clock

>> No.50374071

>>50374050
>why did the english teacher make him take it out of his backpack?

yeah, why did this even happen in the first place.

oh...

>> No.50374078

>>50374050
No. You are an idiot.
He was accused of making a "hoax bomb".
They never thought it was a bomb, but the fact that he brought something that looks like one is enough to potentiall cause panic. It is like bringing a fake gun to school and being surprised that you get in trouble.

>> No.50374080
File: 3.55 MB, 1920x1080, war.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
50374080

Fuck this sandnigger and his "invention." He disassembled an alarm clock and put it in a box. It literally looked like some shit out of CSGO. He didn't invent shit, he didn't follow instructions, and proper precautions were taken to ensure that the rest of the school was safe.
Is it Islamophobia? Maybe. But that sentiment exists for a reason.

>> No.50374085

>>50374050
>made
he didnt make it. also the teacher was led to believe it was a fake bomb

>> No.50374089

>>50374050
He got arrested for making a bomb hoax you fucking moron

>> No.50374101

>>50373935
But even if he knew it would look "suspicious" (lol), why should a student have to go to extra effort to make a product "look safe" in order to avoid arrest and suspension? What goal does that further, other than fearmongering? Why should the school administration's technological illiteracy mean that the student is punished? Why were the police involved at all, after it was clarified that the device was a clock?

I mean, putting a clock in a pencil case isn't a very impressive feat of engineering, but neither is it a "terroristic threat". This, I think, is why people start crying racism; we'd all like to believe that we live in a just world where things happen either because they are deserved or because of malicious intent. We see this with people saying it happened due to racist feelings, and we see it with people saying it was a scheme to garner attention for a political cause and/or trick society into giving him an advantage. In reality, everyone is a fucking retard, including me, and in particular you, the person who read this whole bad post lmfao

>> No.50374113

>>50374050
but all muslims deserve to be humiliated

>> No.50374148
File: 5 KB, 198x200, meinneger.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
50374148

>>50374080
>phobia
>sentiment which exists for a reason

>> No.50374151
File: 440 KB, 639x475, UyxPp9b.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
50374151

>> No.50374161

>>50374085
She asked "what is it" he told her "a clock" and she called the police

>> No.50374164

>>50374080
exactly. If they don't wanna be suspected as terrorists they should stop being fucking terrorists.

>> No.50374173
File: 33 KB, 430x592, land of the free, home of the brave.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
50374173

>>50374101
>
This is America we're talking about. If pic related happened, it makes sense for a teacher to freak out over a clock that looks like a Counter Strike bomb.

>> No.50374185
File: 49 KB, 514x536, autism_level.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
50374185

>> No.50374192

>>50374030
>that's a foreign occupation war not a religious one.
Lol sure. They just all happen to be different religions and just happen to especially target churches.

>> No.50374195

>>50374173

Brown Sugar Cinnamon is the sign of a future alcoholic. He had it coming.

>> No.50374201

>>50374089
>>50374085
>>50374078
so what exactly does a real "fake bomb" look like?

a nokia?
a Casio F-91W?

so the next time some dipshit english teacher gets triggered by a student with some kind of circuit board we should arrest the kid?

lmao

>>50374173
exactly

>> No.50374215

>>50374085
>also the teacher was so breathtakingly single-cell level mouth breathing retard she thought it was a bomb

I mean, how fucking spastic do you have to be to think that's a bomb? More worryingly, this mouth breathing spaz is allowed to teach other children. I can only hope she's confined to teaching single-digit crotch spawn not to choke on their own tongues, but even that that may be a bit of a mental stretch for her.

>> No.50374228
File: 93 KB, 599x475, 1442597820777.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
50374228

>>50374215
well it's an english teacher. And the kids name was Ahmed. Its not a far stretch considering what he brought to class.

>> No.50374237

>>50374173
Right, yes, but why should that be regarded as an acceptable state of affairs, and why is it wrong for tech companies to rally behind the student who was affected by this foolishness? It is perfectly fine and reasonable to bring a clock to school, even if you've rehoused it in a pencil case. If someone was concerned, they could have looked at it and realized that it was not a threat; perhaps, if we live in a world where police response is needed for a "ticking case" in a student's bag, we should also live in a world where an educator can distinguish a clock from an IED.

>> No.50374243

>>50374192
>and just happen to especially target churches.
Northern Irish here again. You're making shit up. Stop it.

The United Irishmen, the original Irish independence movement, was made up predominately of Protestants. Wolfe Tone was one of those Protestants. One of the most famous "Irish Rebel" bands are named after him.

Many Protestants were in the Republican movement, including during The Troubles. One of the most (in)famous was Ronnie Bunting who was in the Irish Nationalist Liberation Army. He was the son of Ronald Bunting. Who had been a fucking Major in the British army.

Just shut the fuck up already.

>> No.50374246

>>50373276
>'ve never heard of christian extermists who were blowing themselves up in the name of their god, nor hijacking planes to crush into some fucking building because their faith is so important.
Guess you've never heard about what really happened during the crusades.

>> No.50374253

>>50373970
Neither Anders nor Elliot killed themselves because of their religion.
Anders did it because he wanted a "clean" Europe (doesn't mean he's christian, see Varg Vikernes for a similar example) and Elliot did it because he was a robot

>> No.50374261

>>50374228
>that fan
Yes, wouldn't want to reduce the lifespan of the circuit with overheating.

>> No.50374263

>>50374237
its wrong because this sort of shit happened to dozens of white students, but as soon as its a shitskin everyone cries for him and the king nigger has to get on board.

>> No.50374269
File: 147 KB, 1584x1584, muh crusades.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
50374269

>>50374246
>muh crusades

>> No.50374274

>>50374161
>what's that lump in your tunic, Mohammed? Is it a gun?
>no
>ok, welcome aboard this plane!

>> No.50374276

>>50374228
Note the difference in scale, and that three of them have an explosive element while one has a seven segment display and a power cord. If you can't spot that, that's okay--but maybe you shouldn't be teaching kids if part of your job is defending them from smuggled bombs.

>> No.50374283

>>50373830
Only he didn't make a fucking clock, he disemboweled a working one and put its insides in a briefcase

>> No.50374289

>>50374228
A looks like a PC, B is a clock,
C looks like a motor controller, D looks like hollywood bs.

>> No.50374300

>>50374253
>killed themselves
My mistake, no "themselves" tbh

>> No.50374303

>>50373773
>implying stereotypes follow the laws of order and logic

>> No.50374305

Does anyone have a picture of said "invention"?

Was it some LCD display wired to a breadboard, or did the kid actually rip a store-bought clock out of its housing and throw it in a briefcase?

>> No.50374306

>>50374243
>I have these cherry picked cases my propagandists taught me
>that means you're wrong
Wow, nice, all I need to do is add ONE black guy to each 20,000 member skinhead group and suddenly it's not a group of white racist men. Nice.
Funniest part is, you didn't counter the fact that churches are targeted by the IRA more than any other building, you just went "but there's this guy, and this guy, and this other guy".

>> No.50374314

>>50374276
Teachers are required to report shit like this. If a kid brought in a squirt gun and a teacher didn't report it because they thought
>well it's a squirt gun who fucking cares
Then all it would take would be one trumped up parent to rain down hell on the administration. Local news would pick it up. Other parents would hear about
>Local teacher allows replica gun in classroom full of young students
Parents would pull their kids out of the school. The teacher would be fired, and be impossible to hire for fear of any other school becoming this headline:
>School hires teacher fired amidst backlash for allowing replica firearm in classroom

The teacher did no wrong, stop being such a politically correct retard.

>> No.50374318

>>50374237
>why should that be regarded as an acceptable state of affairs
Every couple of weeks you hear of school shooting incidents of stuff like that, it makes sense for everyone to be paranoid. Needles to say, the pop-tart thing is taking it too far, but you get my point.

>why is it wrong for tech companies to rally behind the student who was affected by this foolishness?
I don't think they would have done it if Ahmed was a white kid with blue eyes name Jake.

>> No.50374322

>>50374305
he tore apart a late 70s alarm clock, put it into an aluminum case and said he made it to all his teachers. Ahmed is a fucking tard.

>> No.50374324

>>50374228
>the kids name was Ahmed

Oh no not Ahmed! If only he had a nice white name, like Timothy. No one called Timothy would ever build a bomb, amirite?

>> No.50374325

>>50374305
it's >>50373760
here

>> No.50374337

>>50374269
>>50374246

All three religions and all of their faithful believers deserve to get killed.
No need to fight over which one is worse, these religions are the same insanity no matter which race, which god or which delusion they follow.

>> No.50374339

>>50374283
Oh, so for that reason, you're on the side of the technologically illiterate who claim kids shouldn't be interested in science outside of school?

Good one, retard.

>> No.50374343

>>50374324
Are you even listening to yourself?
Compare the number of Timothy's that have been terrorists to the number of Ahmed's that have been terrorists

>> No.50374344

>bring a raspberry pi to school
>get sent to gitmo by your english teacher

based clapistan

>> No.50374348

>>50374324
Timothy McAyyyyyyyyyyyy

>> No.50374358

>>50374228
>3 are suitcase bombs
>1 is a pencil box with a giant fucking clock face in it being carried by a kid who is telling you that it's a clock after the alarm on the clock went off during class
99% of kids go to school every day with a bomb trigger in their pocket. It's called a phone.

>> No.50374361

>>50374228
>And the kids name was Ahmed. Its not a far stretch considering what he brought to class.

Are Americans actually this much of a pussy? What's it like as an entire nation to be scared literally *all of the time*? It must be exhausting. Do you pray that the sun returns in the morning, or do you just stay up all night and watch the shadows for scary scary monsters?

>> No.50374367

>>50374237
>perhaps, if we live in a world where police response is needed for a "ticking case" in a student's bag, we should also live in a world where an educator can distinguish a clock from an IED.
It's much better to make a mistake of overcautiousness and throw a kid by mistake in jail for a few hours, than of negligence and a few people died because "it looked like a clock".

>> No.50374374

>>50374325
>>50373760
topkek. He's actually been offered a scholarship at some Ivy league school.

>> No.50374376

>>50374306
You're making no sense you faggot.

The IRA targeted the British Army, Police and Prison Service you stupid fucking cunt. The Loyalists targeted civilians and churches. Only a few times did they ever target the South of Ireland (Monaghan bombings) or politicians (UDA tried to murder Gerry Adams, the fella that made that attack now lives in Scotland after being forced out of the country during a Loyalist fued).

You haven''t a fucking clue what you're talking about. You're probably some fucking pig shit ignorant fucking English man or Yank that thinks he knows what he's talking about but has no fucking idea.

Crawl back in your ignorant fucking hole.

>> No.50374377

>there are people so dumb that they mistake a pencil case full of alarm clock guts as a briefcase bomb

boy there sure are a lot of English teachers on /g/

>> No.50374379
File: 37 KB, 670x450, Byfied2CYAArQaR.jpg large.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
50374379

>>50374337
the thing is that all religions have moved on except one.

>> No.50374380

>>50373128s
If you ask me that teacher did him a favor by basically securing his acceptance into world class universities.
Now everyone out there is riding his dick and giving him free shit to not look like racists after Obama gave him a shoutout.

>> No.50374383

>>50373970
The was some nuts Buddhist cult in Japan who set off a bunch of sarin gas cannisters on the Tokyo subway

>> No.50374384

>Have an entire board to shit on minorities.
>For some reason they want to do it on the technology board too.
I really can't understand you fags.

>> No.50374387
File: 149 KB, 499x499, and she goes down.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
50374387

>>50374339
>uses a straw man because he's so butthurt
My point was that he isn't the new fucking Tesla, that shit is easy as long as you're following instructions, but nobody feels the need to bring it to school and brag about it.
But feel free to keep yelling out what you want

>> No.50374396

>>50374384
>Can't say anything bad about minorities!
jesus just go to tumblr already

>> No.50374399

>>50374361
We're not afraid. We got guns and cops that arrest little sandniggers.

>> No.50374401

>>50374314
You're literally spouting the exact sort of thing you imagine to be "politically correct", lol.
>someone might think it was a threat! Don't bring it to school!

>> No.50374405

>>50374343
>This level of wingnut desperation

Timothy McVeigh was a patriot amirite? Not like those fucking shitskin trrissts, Timothy was a HOME GROWN trrist!

>> No.50374407

>>50374387
Who cares if he isn't the new Tesla? The real problem is that retards don't know how to distinguish alarm clock guts in a box from an actual bomb. These people should not hold positions as teachers in our society. They'll only continue spreading their idiocy to our youth.

>> No.50374410

>>50374401
No, I'm saying what would happen if a teacher let shit like that into a classroom. If I were a teacher I would not risk losing my job over some retard kid who thought it would be funny to bring a sketchy looking clock into the classroom.

>> No.50374411

>>50374274
>at the inquest the cops line of defense is that he thought the banana was a shotgun

>> No.50374412

>>50374387
Right. He isn't being offered a scholarship, he's being offered one because of white guilt. I'm sorry for the shit he went through, but I've had to deal with way worse shit and never got a Surface 3, internships at Google or a scholarship. I never even got a cup of coffee.
Thousands of people get arrested for bullshit reasons everyday, but because they're not trendy get just have to suck it up.

>> No.50374414

>>50374379

>moved on

Not really, just doing damage in different ways.

>> No.50374416

>>50374289

This guy knows.

>> No.50374419

>>50374399
>We're not afraid

No you arrest children for eating a poptart into the shape of a gun, or for making a clock, because you're totally n-not scared. American i-isn't s-scared of...of anything! Wah!

>> No.50374431

>>50374407
Then blame the principal, not the teacher.
The teacher is forced to report this kind of stuff, or he faces losing his job, and it's then up to the principal to decide the course of action

>> No.50374434

>>50374401
>someone might think it was a threat! Don't bring it to school!
That's literally how school policy works, retard. Why do you think you can't bring airsoft guns to school?

>> No.50374440

>>50373560
Your reply makes exactly 0 sense

>> No.50374444

>>50374379
>the thing is that all religions have moved on except one.

Baptists?

>> No.50374454

>>50374367
Well, if it was one kid, maybe. But scale that up, and you have the attitudes that lead to absurd zero tolerance policies and teachers throwing their thinking skills straight out the window in the name of "safety", and a school environment where you have to be constantly on guard to avoid crossing the line and doing something that could be construed as a threat, regardless of intent.

>> No.50374460

>>50374407
Teachers don't make dick and their job is to teach children, not differentiate between fissile material at a glance. If someone has the technical know-how to spot-check electronics, it probably means they have more than a passing interest in technology and wouldn't settle for a $35k/yr job like teaching.

Don't blame the teacher for doing what people should do in a country full of school shootings.

>> No.50374461

>>50374419
>implying tumblrite teachers represents the nation

>> No.50374470

>>50374434
You can't bring airguns to school because, you know, they look like an actual gun.

I mean we'll leave aside the retardation that allows the situation where a child might actually be taking a real gun to school for now.

So why can't you take a clock to school?

>> No.50374477

>>50374050
When there are as many shootings and school shootings as there are in the States, the teachers have every right to be on edge. They did the right thing, because had it been an actual bomb and gone off, you would be yelling about how they didn't prevent it, how they should have "known" the signs.

Also, dude belongs to the most violent religion in the world, and his father is an activist for tht religion. Why would they expect people to just let this little retard bring a bomb looking clock into a public building without consequence? Just stupid. Im okay with them signaling out one retard rather than having 150 dead kids on the news. You have no idea how tired I am of having to hear about annual school shootings in the States (I'm in Canada)

>> No.50374479

>>50374444
nah its the religion who beheads and burns people alive. Executes for abandoning it. Beats women for getting raped etc etc

>> No.50374482
File: 62 KB, 411x358, unnamed.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
50374482

>>50374161
>What is that?
It's a bowling ball.

>> No.50374496

>>50374461
Apparently teachers are your first line of defence.

Or is that the literal high-school dropouts, the TSA? I get confused by the various thin brown smears.

>> No.50374498

>>50374470
Because it barely looked like a clock and wasn't even functioning by the looks of it.

If he brought in a fucking hourglass and was suspended then it would be a proper poptart-gun comparison, but this thing looked sketchy as fuck and the teacher definitely wasn't getting paid enough to put up with bullshit like this.

>> No.50374503

>>50374434
I don't know, why can't you bring an (unloaded) airsoft gun to school? What if it was part of a project; say, if you wanted to demonstrate the pneumatic mechanism? If this happened in a class you were teaching, which would be the correct option: to reprimand the student for bringing in a possibly/apparently dangerous item, and suggest an alternative, or to call the police and have them arrested even after they explain their intent?

>> No.50374505

>>50374477
I'm extremely tired of it too. Last thing we need is a little shitskin blowing his classmates up.

>> No.50374514
File: 50 KB, 600x338, god-approves.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
50374514

>>50374479
>nah its the religion who beheads and burns people alive

Yeah like I said, baptists.

>> No.50374534

>>50374498
>this thing looked sketchy as fuck

So you admit you're as fucking stupid as the mouth breathing special ed teacher who saw it and thought it was a bomb? Well at least we know where you stand, thanks.

>> No.50374536

>>50374482
In this analogy, the student would have brought in a bowling ball with a piece of rope shoved into one of the finger holes, then been arrested for making a terroristic threat, and I would think that that was a ridiculous situation also.

>> No.50374540

>>50374503
>which would be the correct option: to reprimand the student for bringing in a possibly/apparently dangerous item, and suggest an alternative, or to call the police and have them arrested even after they explain their intent?

If a teacher didn't report it they would instantly lose their job. It's not even a question. Would you lose your job over some kid trying to av a giggle m8?

>call the police and have them arrested even after they explain their intent?

That one. Holy shit. If you're enough of a retard to bring something that looks like a gun to school, you need to have your shit kicked in. In case you haven't noticed, people bring real guns to schools pretty fucking often. If I was a teacher and saw a kid bring a replica gun to school, best believe I wouldn't just let that shit fly and hope he learned his lesson.

reddit's that way bro

>> No.50374546

>>50374514
all people are evil, doesn't matter their religion or lack of

>> No.50374550

>>50374514
maybe you didn't hear the whole "moved on" part. Find me someone else than muslims who are doing that today.

>> No.50374551

>>50374454
Don't scale that up, just don't allow things that really look like guns. Arguably that bomb was right on the borderline, and when you're not sure you just default to cops.
When you leave a bag at the airport, if they have no idea what's inside they also default to calling the cops. This isn't some novel ideal I'm having, it's something we've had for a long time. Not sure? Cops.

>>50374470
>You can't bring airguns to school because, you know, they look like an actual gun.
And that clock, you know, looks like a bomb.
Idiot.

>>50374503
>I don't know, why can't you bring an (unloaded) airsoft gun to school?
Because it's not about it being dangerous, it's about people mistaking it for a gun. You can use a replica to mug someone, or someone could beat you up because you pulled it out. If you mug someone with a gun replica it's an aggravant because the person believed their life was at stake at the time.
>What if it was part of a project; say, if you wanted to demonstrate the pneumatic mechanism?
Idk, ask your teacher beforehand.

>> No.50374560

>>50374396
Go back to fucking /pol/ and do whatever the fuck you want there.
This is the fucking technology board are we going to start having threads about the tech Isis uses or what about we steal some content from /ck/ and we start having threads about microwave ovens?
FUCK YOU
I seen how you pieces of shit ruined board after board with this shit and now you have you are here too ready to do the same shit again.
FUCK YOU

>> No.50374565

>>50374477
>When there are as many shootings and school shootings as there are in the States, the teachers have every right to be on edge.

You make a good point there. Obviously the problem is kids building clocks into pencil cases and not the fact that there's a fuckhuge number of shootings and school shooting as there are in the States.

Because guns good, brown kids bad, amirite? Man, that was easy!

>> No.50374569

>>50373128
feel good culture combined with sleazy "let's get pr based on this" company, what a pathetic nation america has become; obviously fake story to begin with but it doesn't take much to fool people anymore

>> No.50374580

>>50374560
go whine to your tumblr friends. Doesn't matter what board it is, liberal white guilt is cancerous everywhere.

>> No.50374581

>>50373727
Taking apart a clock can get you a job at Facebook or Twitter.

>> No.50374584

Seems manufactured at the surface level.
He literally disassembled a clock and put it in a case and it does look vaguely suspicious. Teachers HAVE to report anything suspicious (even a bakcpack in a hallway is a OMG moment now) or they could lose their jobs due to retarded administrations.

Now where it all falls apart is the handcuffs and interviewing a minor without a guardian, shit is pretty fucked.

A white kid bringing the same thing would probably get him in trouble, but he wouldn't get free shit out of it.

>> No.50374593

>>50374551
>you know, looks like a bomb.

No, no it doesn't look like a bomb because I'm not a fucking single-digit IQ mouth breathing retard. I mean the complete lack of any explosive material and the fucking power cord is a bit of a giveaway, plus the fact I'm not generally inclined to shit myself like a fucking pussy when I see something with some wires.

Still, if you think it's a bomb...hey, I'm not you I guess.

>> No.50374594

>>50374569
yeah thats another thing. They fucking staged the whole thing. His father wanted him to be left handcuffed so his sister can take a picture.

>> No.50374600
File: 18 KB, 100x100, 1111111aaaaaaa.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
50374600

>>50374560
>I'm gonna type in ALL CAPS so he knows I'm extra mad!

>> No.50374603

>>50374580
Use more buzzwords you stupid faggot.

>> No.50374605

>>50373536
exactly, the whole thing was staged but people want to believe; and not just liberals are stupid, almost everyone is stupid

>> No.50374608

>>50374383
Aum Shinrikyo

>> No.50374618

>>50374600
FFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

>> No.50374621

Nice clock, Ahmed.

:^)

>> No.50374626

http://blogs.artvoice.com/techvoice/2015/09/17/reverse-engineering-ahmed-mohameds-clock-and-ourselves/

>> No.50374629

>>50374550
>maybe you didn't hear the whole "moved on" part.

No I'm fairly sure I'm still talking about Baptists.

>> No.50374632
File: 121 KB, 598x589, 128.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
50374632

>>50374593
Bro stop acting like you're a fucking detonations expert because you play CS:GO. You wouldn't know a fucking explosive if it was a full-sized briefcase full of C4 labeled "EXPLOSIVE: C-4"

>> No.50374659

>>50374593
>the fucking power cord is a bit of a giveaway
I'll make you a bomb with a Seasonic PSU if you want.
Anyway, I'll admit it doesn't look as much like a bomb as an airsoft gun looks like a real gun. To me it looks close enough to warrant inspection, especially if I'm in a building full of kids. Like I said before, I'd rather be wrong by overzealousness than by neglect.
>Still, if you think it's a bomb
I never said it was a bomb, I said it looked like one. Again, why do you keep using strawmen? It's a huge giveaway that you're not comfortable in your own points, that you need to subvert what the other person is saying into something you can more easily question.

>> No.50374678

>>50374551
>when you're not sure you just default to cops.
Why the fuck should you "default to cops" when dealing with schoolchildren? "Defaulting to cops" gets you here: http://www.vocativ.com/underworld/crime/where-students-can-get-arrested-for-throwing-skittles/

Part of the job of a schoolteacher is managing the students, and police are for dealing with criminals. When we use zero tolerance policies to offload school discipline onto law enforcement officers, we get situations like the above. Teachers turn their brains off and report anything that could possibly be construed as "out of bounds" to the police, who treat everything as a serious threat and are not, typically, trained to deal with juveniles.

>> No.50374684

2 0 1 5
0
1
5

>> No.50374686
File: 710 KB, 800x800, 1442704437001[1].png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
50374686

>>50374593
It actually does look like a bomb. The kid's father is a mudslime activist so I strongly suspect he set this up himself.

>> No.50374691

>>50374584
>Teachers HAVE to report anything suspicious (even a bakcpack in a hallway is a OMG moment now) or they could lose their jobs due to retarded administrations.

I grew up and attending school in the UK in the 80's & early 90's. When the IRA & UDF were at their height. There isn't a single instance I can think of where my teachers saw a backpack in the hallway and shat themselves thinking it was a bomb, oddly enough.

Hell I can't even remember being scared when there was the odd suspect package left lying around near the shops (it usually turned out to be a bag with someones dirty gym kit in it).

Possibly this is because despite decades of actual domestic terrorism, the UK isn't inhabited entirely by a bunch of snivelling pussies who jump at the site of their own shadow?

>> No.50374709

>>50374686
>The kid's father is a mudslime activist so I strongly suspect he set this up himself.

Like I said, if only the kid was white and called Timothy, amirite? Only dirty filthy sandniggers go around blowing up things. Not like those white patriots.

>> No.50374716
File: 1.02 MB, 595x1274, brit weapon sweep tire.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
50374716

>>50374691
>the UK isn't inhabited entirely by a bunch of snivelling pussies who jump at the site of their own shadow
Kek.

>> No.50374725

>>50374691
>the UK isn't inhabited entirely by a bunch of snivelling pussies who jump at the site of their own shadow?
Aren't knives restricted from kids or is that just a meme?

>> No.50374728

>>50374691
or it's because the IRA didn't kill nearly 3 thousand people in one day, as well as staging an attack on scotland yard and parliament on the same day

>> No.50374739

>>50374728

The IRA still managed to fucking massacre the Parachute Regiment and a member of the Royal Family on the same day.

>> No.50374743

>>50374678
>Why the fuck should you "default to cops" when dealing with schoolchildren?
Are you sure this is the question you want to make?
Yes, why would you default to cops in a school full of children. Like, why.
This is how we know you don't have kids. I swear this place can be worse than Reddit some days.

>> No.50374746
File: 177 KB, 449x694, zcdz.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
50374746

>>50374691
>the UK isn't inhabited entirely by a bunch of snivelling pussies who jump at the site of their own shadow?

Nah, it's just inhabited by millions of mudslimes who are destroying your entire country from the inside out.

Also pic related.

>> No.50374755

>>50374709
He wasn't trying to blow anything up. The kid's dad has a clear motive for manufacturing a situation where his son runs into evil racists IRL.

If the kid was white it would be like the poptart gun thing. Nobody would give a fuck and he wouldn't be getting showered with gifts and invitations from the president.

>> No.50374757

>>50374686
except any clock innards will look like a bomb, the part that is missing is the actual explosives

also, if it actually was suspected to be a bomb why wasn't the bomb squad called? why wasn't the school immediately evacuated?

>> No.50374761

>>50374746
>inhabited by millions of mudslimes who are destroying your entire country from the inside out.

And they are called the english.

>> No.50374764

>>50374716
>He has to resort to posting /pol/ shoops!

Wow, well, whatever makes you sleep better at night I guess.

Oh sorry, of course, you can never sleep well at night can you?

>> No.50374765

>>50374550
They have the death penalty for gays in many Christian African nations.
Price tag attacks against Arabs in Israel.
Muslims are persecuted and murdered in Myanmar by the Buddhist majority.

Let me know if you need help moving the goal posts

>> No.50374772

>>50373763

Not complaining I could complain about a bunch of issues with America but they only bring awareness of the problems, they do nothing to solve them.

>> No.50374773
File: 57 KB, 468x302, brit knife legislation.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
50374773

>>50374716
>>50374691
God save the queen.

>> No.50374777

This is insane. He literally has every tech company and even some ivy league schools fawning over him just for the sake of being politically correct and progressive.

What the actual fuck is wrong with your liberals, America?

>> No.50374788
File: 17 KB, 468x161, file.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
50374788

>>50374764
>/pol/ shoops
Big dipper

>> No.50374796

>>50374580
/pol/ has metastasized again

>> No.50374801

>>50374728
>I literally have no idea what the IRA did or what it was like living in the UK in the 80's
>Let me put this burger down and I shall lecture you on domestic terrorism

Oh please my Amerilard cousin, please do tell me how horrible your existence was because you were 1000 miles away from a thing that happened 14 years ago. You poor soul you. Would you like a hug?

>> No.50374802
File: 426 KB, 578x526, british weapon sweep 1.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
50374802

>>50374764
>shoop
Denial is not a river in Africa, friendo. These are all real tweets.

>> No.50374809

>>50374765
>Price tag attacks against Arabs in Israel.
Not him, but I I don't know what this is. If it's something like charging more to arabs, it's a pretty shitty comparison to things done in muslim countries. Especially when you could just mention how Israel kind of occupied another country.

>> No.50374811

>>50374801
tbh fam I'm not even American

>> No.50374812

>>50374728
>Let me tell you everything about nothing I know about.

>> No.50374821

>>50373276
>Get your shit straight you dumb nigga. He is named Ahmed Mohammed, it's literally the most arab name you can imagine.

lots of black people use arabic origin names; but from the looks of it i'm guessing he's arab.

>> No.50374826

>>50374743
Yes, why? Why wouldn't you make an effort to differentiate between poor judgement and actual dangerous intent before terrorizing, humiliating, and possibly endangering, a student? Why wouldn't you, in your position of authority, use said authority to deal with the situation, after thinking critically about it for five minutes? An acceptable response would have been to confiscate the clock after noticing that it appeared ambiguous, and sort out the correct follow-up from there. To go straight from "clock in box" to "bomb threat" (do note that the teacher at no point believed it to be actually dangerous) to "call the police" is absurd.

>> No.50374832

>>50373276
Standard procedure with a suspected bomb is an evacuation. No evacuation = No one ever thought it was a bomb.

>> No.50374833

>>50374801
Wow that's some pretty pathetic damage control. You went from "IRA dindu nuffin" to "well how is it any of your business? also le burger maymay"
It's like tumblr on a bad hair day.

>> No.50374837

>>50374812
So did I miss that one time the IRA killed 3000 people in one hour?
I mean, I know that the IRA were scary as fuck, but Al Qaeda are equally scary
>>50374821
Nah, he IS an arab, his parents are immigrants

>> No.50374840

He didn't even build a clock, he dismantled a clock and taped the parts into a pencil case.

>> No.50374845

>>50374826
>Why wouldn't you make an effort to differentiate between poor judgement and actual dangerous intent before terrorizing, humiliating, and possibly endangering, a student?
Because you're be fired the very same day if you didn't report it.
>Why wouldn't you, in your position of authority, use said authority to deal with the situation, after thinking critically about it for five minutes?
Because you'd be fired the very same day if you didn't report it.
>An acceptable response would have been to confiscate the clock after noticing that it appeared ambiguous, and sort out the correct follow-up from there.
Spoken like a true teenager.
> To go straight from "clock in box" to "bomb threat" (do note that the teacher at no point believed it to be actually dangerous) to "call the police" is absurd.
See above point.

>> No.50374849

In b4 he takes the guts of the Surface and puts it in a cardboard box to invent a laptop

>> No.50374850

>>50374728
>kill nearly 3 thousand people in one day

To be honest the American's fucking deserved it considering they funded the IRA for decades through NORAID and had FBI informants like Bulger who sent weapons to the IRA.

3000 in a day makes up for the 3000 over 30 years of the Troubles.

>> No.50374852

>>50374809
No it's attacking Muslims.
The most famous one probably being the cave of the patriarchs massacre where some Jewish doctor went into the Muslim part of the cave of the patriarchs (Abraham from the bible's tomb) and killed like 30 worshipers with an assault rifle.

>> No.50374854

>>50374757
If he wasn't suspected of being up to something then why were the cops called at all? Are you suggesting they called the cops just to be mean or something?

>> No.50374864

>>50374536
That's what he did though, he built a fake bomb using a clock

>> No.50374869
File: 158 KB, 256x302, 1440475835807.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
50374869

>>50374691
Did I say I agreed with it?
I think its retarded as balls and takes away common sense entirely. They have to conform or they lose their jobs, no option there.

>> No.50374872

>>50374826
Because I don't want kids to die just because I personally assumed it was safe. It's not a situation where I can allow myself to be wrong. If I assume it's not safe and I'm wrong, the worst thing that happens is a kid gets arrested and then gets a Surface 3 and visits the White House. If I assume it's safe and I'm wrong I'm responsible for hundreds of kids dying.

>> No.50374873

lol there's nothing that gets people more mad than seeing someone getting a bunch of free shit

>> No.50374876

>>50373276
this

>> No.50374881

>>50374833
>You went from "IRA dindu nuffin"

When did I say that you fucking idiot?

No but please, do lecture to me on how horrible it was to be 3 years old and thousands of miles away on September 11th 2001 but how easy we all had it in the 2 decades we spent growing up with constant and actual domestic terrorism.

Be sure to remind me why that one act of terrorism allows the people of the USA to be literally scared of their own farts.

>> No.50374887

>>50374850
>3000 in a day makes up for the 3000 over 30 years of the Troubles.

And the first thing they do after experiencing terrorism properly is stomp off the world to eradicate it. Should have looked a bit more inwards. Because the rest of the world isn't the problem. It's US foreign policy and meddling in other nations affairs.

>> No.50374895

>>50374845
>Because you're be fired the very same day if you didn't report it.
And why is that acceptable? Do you see why "zero tolerance policies get young student arrested over clock" might pique the interest of tech companies and engineering programs?
>Spoken like a true teenager.
I am, based on 4chan demographic polls, likely to be older than you are.

>> No.50374909

>>50374881
I don't even have a clue about what you're arguing anymore. I won't be replying anymore.

>> No.50374924

>>50374686

you're right it looks like part of a bomb.

the teachers and school administrators did the right thing but I still don't quite understand what the fear was.

i get that it was a circuit that could have been some sort of timer, but there's no explosives anywhere?

>> No.50374925

>>50374895
>And why is that acceptable?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_school_shootings_in_the_United_States

>> No.50374932

>Officers said Ahmed was being “passive aggressive” in his answers to their questions, and didn’t have a “reasonable answer” as to what he was doing with the case. Investigators said the student told them that it was just a clock that he was messing around with. “We attempted to question the juvenile about what it was and he would simply only say it was a clock. He didn’t offer any explanation as to what it was for, why he created this device, why he brought it to school,” said James McLellan, Irving Police.

>Here’s the statute Ahmed Mohammed authorities originally suspected Mohammed of violating (Texas Penal Code Section 46.08):

>(a) A person commits an offense if the person knowingly manufactures, sells, purchases, transports, or possesses a hoax bomb with intent to use the hoax bomb to:

>(1) make another believe that the hoax bomb is an explosive or incendiary device; or

>(2) cause alarm or reaction of any type by an official of a public safety agency or volunteer agency organized to deal with emergencies.

>(b) An offense under this section is a Class A misdemeanor.

>Nobody said Mohammed built an actual bomb. They suspected that he had wanted to frighten or alarm officials with a hoax-bomb. When they found out he didn’t intend to do that, they released him.

>> No.50374937

>>50374909
Cop out

>> No.50374939
File: 879 KB, 987x720, 20,000,000 PERCENT MAD!!!!!!!!!!!.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
50374939

>>50373128
WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF WT F
HE DOESNT DESERVE THIS SHIT
FUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKK
FUCK MICROSHIT
GOD FUCKING DAMN
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>> No.50374945

>>50374337
So euphoric!

>> No.50374947

>>50374932

>And according to the cops, Ahmed was significantly more cooperative with friendly media than with the police who came to ask some simple questions.

>That’s probably not a coincidence. Ahmed’s father, as Pamela Geller points out, is an anti-Islamophobia media gadfly. He routinely returns to Sudan to run for president; he has debated anti-Koran Florida pastor Terry Jones, partially in order to bring his children to Disneyworld. In 2011, the Washington Post wrote of him:

>Elhassan, a native of the Sudan who is now an American citizen, likes to call himself a sheik. He wears a cleric’s flowing white robes and claims hundreds of followers throughout Egypt, Sudan and in the United States. But he is unknown as a scholar or holy man in the state he has called home for two decades. Religious leaders in Texas say they have never heard of Elhassan, including the imam at the mosque where he worships.

>> No.50374962

Dunno what everyone is so fucking mad about. Microsoft just gave him all the NSA monitoring equipment they could in one swoop.

So if he does turn out to be a dirty terrorist, he's well monitored.

>> No.50374963

>>50374947

>So why, after the detention and release, did this story become a national one? Why did Obama jump on this story? Why did Hillary jump on this story? Where were they for then-16-year-old Kiera Wilmot of Florida to the White House after she was arrested and suspended in 2013 for bringing an experiment with toilet cleaner and aluminum foil to school? She was black but not Muslim, so it didn’t serve the narrative. They were MIA.

>For years, the Obama administration has pushed the notion that American Muslims are in danger of Islamophobic backlash. But as of 2012, 62.4 percent of all anti-religious hate crimes targeted Jews; 11.6 percent targeted Muslims; as of 2013, anti-Jewish hate crimes represented 60.3 percent of all hate crimes, as opposed to just 13.7 percent for Muslims. That’s a major decline in anti-Islamic hate crimes since 2001, when 55.7 percent of hate crimes were anti-Jewish, and anti-Muslim hate crimes constituted 27.2 percent of all hate crimes.

>So where, exactly, are all the invitations to Jewish students targeted in hate crime incidents?

>They don’t exist, because they don’t help President Obama castigate America as xenophobic and backwards – and just as importantly, castigate Texans as particularly likely to don white hoods and go hunt down some Sufis.

>> No.50374970

>>50374947
>Elhassan, a native of the Sudan who is now an American citizen

>Schwarzenegger, a native of Austria who is now an American citizen

>> No.50374980
File: 513 KB, 795x750, softtouch_tetherball_800.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
50374980

>>50374864
No, he built a clock in a box, and the teacher decided it looked like a bomb. The point is that if that box of clock guts looks like a suitcase bomb, then this, also, looks like the spherical cartoon bomb depicted in that post.

Furthermore, if a student brought this in, and a teacher decided "that resembles a bomb" and asked about it, and was told "it's a tetherball", and decided "it's a bomb threat" and called the police, they would be out of line.

>> No.50374983

>>50374932

>“We attempted to question the juvenile about what it was and he would simply only say it was a clock. He didn’t offer any explanation as to what it was for, why he created this device, why he brought it to school,” said James McLellan, Irving Police.

That, right there, is the indicator- this was a stunt.

>> No.50375002

>>50374947
Wow just wow. What a scandal. Why would this kid be friendlier to journos asking him about his arrest, than to the police who just arrested him for a clock?? Smells like a conspiracy to me, a retarded person.

>> No.50375005
File: 12 KB, 414x353, le merry crack man.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
50375005

>>50374947
Obama's asking to be assassinated tbh
>incident happens
>kid gets invited to white house
>accompanied by his father
>security don't check them, obviously, so they don't appear hypocritical
>allahu akbar.gif

>> No.50375024

>>50374887
>the troubles
>3k dead
Are you starting from the Easter rebellion or something? The IRA was hilariously ineffective from the 70s-90s.

>> No.50375028

>>50374228

The fucking hilarious thing here is that the suitcase bombs look better than the clock; in terms of build quality.

>> No.50375030

>>50374983
M8 don't u no wot a clock is 4?

>> No.50375035

planned and staged by his activist father but americans are so stupid they just eat this shit up

>> No.50375046
File: 50 KB, 640x600, 1439067502665.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
50375046

>>50374924

he housed it in a suit case, so perhaps the fear was explosives could be concealed.

>>50374939

he doesn't deserve it like you don't deserve having been born to a well-adjusted, middle-income family in the 1st world instead of starving in somalia

>> No.50375055

>>50375002
>get arrested on suspicion of bringing a bomb
>act uncooperative and coy
Literally asking to be sent to Guantanamo tbh

>> No.50375067

>>50375055
He was probably shitting himself, he's just some nerdy little kid in handcuffs being accused of having a bomb.

>> No.50375074

>>50375055
I once copped attitude with the police, refused to cooperate, and ended up spending a couple days in jail despite my factual innocence, so I guess what I'm saying is that I can understand his behaviour and that anyone who can't is probably being wilfully obtuse

>> No.50375104

>>50375055
u dropt this
(o_o)/fam

>> No.50375106

>>50375074
>defends acting like a retard
Yeah you deserved what you got.
I don't like police states either, but if you know what you're going to get if you play coy and still do it they're locking you up with a good cause

>> No.50375110
File: 15 KB, 225x225, 420dankpepe.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
50375110

>>50374932
>he would simply only say it was a clock
>He didn’t offer any explanation as to what it was for

>> No.50375114

>Brown boy finds old alarm clock at junk yard
>Rips out guts of clock and throws in a pencil case
>Takes it to school
>"I MADE THIS"
>Gets good-cop-bad-copped for a couple of hours
>gets future scholarship to MIT and a shitton of free electronics


This kid is Reddit's corporeal form. Next think you know, he'll be marching into Intel HQ with his "jury-rigged" Skylake CPU.
Also, how fortunate for his father who was twice unsuccessful in running for president of a Middle-Eastern backwater. Now he has a handful of good rep for being the father to a genius wronged by the American system.

>> No.50375126

>>50375074
So what you're saying is that you're an idiot so it's understandable that he's also an idiot? Only retards start acting smart when dealing with cops. They're violent and have the power to fuck you over for life. Why would you mess with them?

>> No.50375143

>>50375114
>Sudan
>middle east

What happened /g/? You used to be one of the smart boards.

>> No.50375144

>>50375114
An excellent impression of the conspiracy driven mindset common to those who believe themselves much more intelligent than they actually are. 9/10 stars.

>> No.50375151

>>50374565
You're a fucking idiot. When did I say guns aren't a problem. You simply assumed that since I didn't make mention of the gun problem, that I don't think it's a problem. Fuck you.

Also, I'm brown. Not arab, but brown. It has nothing to do with skin colour. It's all about religion. If you don't want ot be stereotyped, do something to change perception amongst people. If half your people are trying to kill everyone that doesn't believe in the same book, then you deserve to be singled out. It's their own fault.

>> No.50375155
File: 66 KB, 208x238, 1441823691102.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
50375155

there were somali workers at my last job and you wouldn't believe the sorts of anti-american shit they wouldn't say in front of any other whites and they behave themselves otherwise.

I'm from India and have brown skin so maybe they thought i'd be cool and usually i'd just try and change the subject but if i had to respond i'd just say to be careful because they're a guest in this country, they don't understand tho.

they just don't understand the culture here. they take the fact that westerners behave considerately as a sign of weakness.

>> No.50375168

>>50375126
Because you're a young kid, inexperienced with serious situations, and afraid? A lot of people, in a situation like that, will become obstinate and uncooperative rather than calculating the perfect rational solution and executing it to optimize outcomes.

>> No.50375176

This thread isnt worth your time.
>This kid did it knowing damn well the implications.
>Media blows it up as always
>This is a nonissue that doesnt need to be propagated any further.
>You all are idiots, go discuss something of worth.

>> No.50375188

>>50375110
Not terribly useful when it needs to be plugged in to function.

>> No.50375192

>>50373826
Boo fucking hoo

>> No.50375214
File: 891 KB, 325x252, really 2.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
50375214

>>50375168
>calculating the perfect rational solution and executing it to optimize outcomes.
Right, because thinking "I should answer this guy's question" takes a cold and calculating brainiac. I'm sure they stated multiple times that he just needed to tell them what was going on and they'd allow him to leave. It's not like the police have never dealt with uncooperative little shits before.

>> No.50375227

>>50373386
Gringos think I will steal their girlfriends ;)

>> No.50375230

>>50375168
>is apparently smart enough to "build" a clock
>isn't smart enough to just tell them it was a clock
Was he autistic?

>> No.50375232

The only thing respected in modern society is being a victim. Culture has shifted from honor, to dignity and now to victimhood.

>> No.50375243

>>50375232
Well youve adapted just fine

>> No.50375267

>>50374691
>the UK isn't inhabited entirely by a bunch of snivelling pussies
Everywhere but Scotland, I guess? Must be easy to distinguish bomb threats when the terrorists call you up to warn you about it every time

>> No.50375277

>>50373276
/pol/ pls. Not in my /g/

>> No.50375279

>>50373128
>build device to fool people into over reacting in order to gain sympathy from libshits
>plan works flawlessly

>> No.50375309

>>50375227
you're confusing spaniards and mexicans
the cultures and smells are totally different

>> No.50375322

>>50375230
He's a moron. He took a clock apart, put the electronics in a case, and took it to school as an "engineering project". However, it was absolutely inappropriate to call the police on him, and doubly so to then validate that decision by suspending him for "making threats".

>> No.50375327

When did /g/ get invaded by SJW's?

>> No.50375333

>>50374980
It wasn't a box, it was a briefcase.
He didn't build anything, he took a clock and threw it in there.

He deserves to be beheaded.

>> No.50375343

>>50375327
About the same time it got invaded by /pol/ :^^^)
>>50375333
See my post above
>>50375322

>> No.50375351

>>50375309
Funny story; the town in which I live recently put up signs in Spanish for all the Mexicans who refuse to learn english.

There were huge protests because the signs were in Castilian Spanish, and none of them could read them.

>> No.50375356

>>50375279
>not realising that this makes him even smarter than everyone thinks

>> No.50375360

>>50375351
That's a pretty silly oversight tbh fam

>> No.50375369

>>50374276
I dont know what that white part in the lower right is.

Also check the power cord for scale - that isnt some simple "pencil case", looks bigger than 20cm square to me.

>> No.50375373

>>50375356
his dad is a pisslamshit activist. it was a coordinated plan by him. not the kid.

>> No.50375396

>>50375351
>this like muricans being mad that thier town is in uk english

>> No.50375417
File: 1.33 MB, 1280x720, what a bomb looks like.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
50375417

>>50375188
>>50375188
>Not terribly useful when it needs to be plugged in to function.
>I have never seen 9v batteries before in my life
>but I have seen an alarm clock plugged in with an invisible cord and go off in a 9th grade classroom
If you're one of the idiots who seen a pcb and wires and think it looks like a bomb you need to end your amish vacation and go back to pennsylvania

pic related (it's a bomb)

>> No.50375418

>>50373128
this is why all Mohammedans need to be deported or put into camps.

>> No.50375424

>>50374173
That's a fake/clickbait

>> No.50375455
File: 1.67 MB, 2000x1587, AP_250782557912.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
50375455

>>50375369
If you look at the larger picture, you can see that it's some sort of object in a mesh pocket of the briefcase. I don't know what it is either, but it's not attached to anything.

>> No.50375490

>>50373276

>looks like some fucking bomb
IT DIDN'T EVEN LOOK LIKE A BOMB! BOMBS DO NOT LOOK LIKE CLOCKS AND DO NOT TICK AND MAKE ALARM SOUNDS! THE POLICE OFFICER, WHO MAY HAVE HANDLED REAL BOMBS, SHOULD HAVE KNOWN THIS AND LET THE KID KEEP HIS SHITTY, STRIPPED DOWN ALARM CLOCK

YES THIS SHIT IS BLOWN OUT OF PROPORTION

NO, THE POLICE AND TEACHERS WERE NOT ANYWHERE IN THE RIGHT. THEY THOUGHT SOMETHING THAT DID NOT EVEN REMOTELY LOOK LIKE A BOMB WAS A BOMB, OR A "HOAX BOMB".

>> No.50375506

>>50375490
found ahmeds father

>> No.50375509

>>50373276
Go do a shooting in a school whitey

>> No.50375513
File: 23 KB, 400x600, poopter.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
50375513

>>50375490
>DO NOT TICK

>> No.50375522

>>50375490
It's hopeless. School is out, and the edge is strong.

>> No.50375523

>>50373128
GREAT NOW HE CAN HACK ANYTHING AND MAKES MORE BOMBS WITH MICROSOFT SHIT FUCK YEAH

sNAKBARDS FOR EVERYONE

>> No.50375525

>>50375490
You seem pretty ticked for someone that doesn't

>> No.50375526

>>50375490
Go do a suicide bombing Ahmed

>> No.50375540

>>50373276
I think that statistically in america there were much more christians terrorist attacks than muslim terrorist attacks.

So your local Adam should has a higher chance to be a terrorist than any guy called Ahmed.

>> No.50375558
File: 38 KB, 636x426, comfy.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
50375558

>>50375540
>I think that statistically in america there were much more christians terrorist attacks than muslim terrorist attacks.
Source: your ass

>> No.50375566

>>50373276
I actually agree with this.

The fact that this kid got all this free shit from Microsoft just makes me laugh.

>> No.50375586

>>50375566
>inb4 it kicks off a fad of people bringing toy guns and what not to school so they could get arrested and get free shit

>> No.50375593

they're literally implanting his house with gear to spy on him

>> No.50375597

>>50375417
The clock wasn't even working and had no batteries, so it wouldn't work without being plugged in.

>> No.50375600

>>50375558
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terrorism_in_the_United_States#Christian_extremism

go eat a dick.

>> No.50375618

>>50375600
Only, y'know, the casualty ratio is on the wrong side of hilarious

>> No.50375640
File: 184 KB, 950x713, one missed call IED.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
50375640

>>50375490
See >>50374686
Real bombs come in all shapes and sizes. Many of them are literally alarm clocks with a detonator attached to the speaker cable. It's that easy to set up a timing mechanism for a bomb.

>> No.50375646

>>50373128
> this was all part of the NSA's plan to secretly start tracking him for future ISIS activities

Maybe the NSA isn't so incompetent.

>> No.50375647

>>50375525

Sorry, but I would assume that /g/ would know what a bomb looks like, and what a shitty pile of a clock parts taken apart and put together in a suitcase looks like. Every single time, someone feels they need to play the devil's advocate and say "well it looked like a bomb..." Really, what part? Where is the explosive charge? What part of it looks like it could explode? Is my fucking Arduino now a bomb because, "oooh, it has wires and silicon, and it's not in a shiny, cell phone shaped case?" No, there is nothing, NOTHING that even remotely looks like a bomb in it, and there is no excuse for either the teacher or the police officer's actions.

>>50375526

I'm white, atheist, and have a bachelor's degree in computer science. Go fuck yourself.

>> No.50375649

>>50375558
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/25/us/tally-of-attacks-in-us-challenges-perceptions-of-top-terror-threat.html?_r=0

>> No.50375651
File: 52 KB, 1611x336, 2015_09_19_18_45_26_Terrorism_in_the_United_States_Wikipedia_the_free_encyclopedia.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
50375651

>>50375600
>5 acts of christian terrorism
>52 acts of islamic terrorism
neat, nice source

>> No.50375669

>>50373595
>Why didn't he just take a fucking picture of that shit to show off?
Why don't you screencap your running program so you can show it to your boss?

Sorry, are you dumb? That's not a valid argument. Granted, his clock looks like a fucking bomb. Why he didn't use a goddamn breadboard is beyond me.

>> No.50375682

>>50375640
Of course it's easy, all you need is a triggered voltage source. That doesn't mean that a PCB in a briefcase looks like a bomb, though--for one thing, it's notably lacking an explosive element.

>> No.50375689

>>50375597
>the picture of the pencil box clock i saw had no battery attached
the fucking alarm went off during class

>> No.50375698

>>50375640

Yes, and you know what all real bombs have? Explosives. Also, they do not ring without detonating that explosive, or make ticking sounds that would advertise their position. Even a 14 year old wouldn't make something that obvious.

>> No.50375701

>>50375647
>what a bomb looks like, and what a shitty pile of a clock parts taken apart and put together in a suitcase looks like.
yeah, they both look the same. retard

>> No.50375702

>>50375669
He didn't build it. He didn't use a breadboard because he didn't build it. It's a clock that he took apart. This just makes it more ridiculous that it was taken for a bomb.

>> No.50375711

>>50375682
I doubt an of the teacher thoroughly checked the case for explosives. Just because there's nothing right there in your face doesn't mean that they aren't there at all.

>> No.50375724

>>50375701
Here is the clock. How about you show me which parts of it look like they might explode:

>>50375455

>> No.50375751

>>50375724
see
>>50374686
and
>>50374228

>> No.50375765
File: 58 KB, 709x502, The US army disagrees with you.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
50375765

>>50375698
The one in that picture rang without exploding. That's because it failed to detonate.

>they don't tick, that's movie bullshit!!!!
I'm sure you're an expert on the subject. This pic is taken from the US army's TM 31-210 improvised munitions manual.

>> No.50375766
File: 42 KB, 360x480, clock6.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
50375766

>>50375711
At this size, it kind of does. With the explosives available to non-government forces, let alone highschoolers, anything less than "completely packed" equates to "basically a firecracker". Especially since, with this container, you'd need some sort of pressure vessel to generate a functional explosive.

>> No.50375783

>>50375711

Yes, and the problem is that they assumed, without further inspection, that something which has a printed circuit board and an alarm is a bomb. There was no logical thought process, there was only "this looks like something that I think looks like a bomb, therefore it's a bomb."

Stupid people should not teach.

>> No.50375796

>>50374361
You should be the scared one m8 because the US could occupy whatever shithole you live in without breaking a sweat. Or maybe we'll have a couple of drone strikes in your city. That would be fun.

>> No.50375802

>>50375783
>teachers should be experts in bomb making and deactivating them rather then trying to keep the children entrusted to them safe
this is how retarded libshits sound

>> No.50375812
File: 80 KB, 513x551, socialjustice.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
50375812

>be brown
>do school project
>arrested for terrorism

Thank you America.

>>50373536
That said, this is a good point. It's quite likely this was set up, considering the farfetchedness of the story and media agenda.

Another reminder to distrust all media. Sadly, this is the world we live in.

>> No.50375813
File: 41 KB, 525x540, 1440603170318.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
50375813

>>50375783
>inspecting something you think is a bomb

>> No.50375814

>>50375766
You don't know dick, but you know enough to think you know it all. It's dead simple to make some high explosives. The easiest being TATP and ETN. Both can be made from easily acquired materials and can cause serious damage in small amounts. Go ahead and stand next to an ounce of TATP exploding inside an aluminum case. Don't come crying to me when you have metal fragments imbedded in your flesh.

>> No.50375816

>>50375783
It's worse than that; when she called the cops, she didn't even think it was a bomb. He was arrested on grounds of making a fake bomb threat.

>> No.50375831

>>50375783
>this looks like something that I think looks like a bomb, therefore it's a bomb

>this looks like [something that I think looks like] a bomb

You don't take chances with bombs dipshit

>> No.50375839

>>50375813
fucking this.
>hurr durr he should be poking his nose and students noses into a possible bomb

>> No.50375843

>>50375751

All of these devices look completely different. The Training I.E.D. notably has a large object attached to it which is not electronic in nature, which someone might associate with an explosive. And compared to the suitcase bombs, the clock had a significantly simpler circuit, and no part of it in any way looks like it could be connected to an explosive.

>> No.50375855

>>50375816
>He was arrested on grounds of making a fake bomb threat.
and you know what? he shouldn't have been. His father should have because this was all set up by him into making people think it was a bomb just for the reaction.

>> No.50375858

>>50375802
He was one of the children entrusted to them, and through ignorance and hysteria they not only damaged his learning environment but put him in immediate danger. Part of their job, in keeping those children safe, is exercising judgement, which they failed at.
>>50375814
I dare you to put an ounce of TATP in a pencil case, with live electronics, and walk around with it lmao

>> No.50375867

>>50375843
what if the explosives were hiding under the foam?

Why do you want the teacher to not assume it's a bomb. Do you pull a guns trigger at your head when you think it's empty to make sure?

>> No.50375870

>>50375843
>All of these devices look completely different.
>all suitcase bombs look exactly the same
k

>> No.50375880

>>50375855
[citation needed]

>> No.50375886

>>50375858
TATP has been used in many bombings and attempted bombings. It's not smart but it is effective when it works.

>> No.50375887

>>50375783
> be retarded tripfag
> become a teacher
> Ahmed Muhammad Ali-Ackbar bin Laden brings in a circuit board with an alarm
> ask him if I can inspect the clock up close
> Darwin was right
> no one shows up to my funeral

>> No.50375893

>>50375813

>Thinking that you're going to detonate it just by touching it
If the kid's been carrying it around all day, clearly the parts aren't so sensitive that it would detonate just by taking some observations.

>> No.50375895

>>50375843
It must be nice having time to compare pictures of different bombs to determine which one is and isn't a bomb. I'm sure one day when you think something might be a bomb you'll open it up, take a good close look at the innards and then get out your iphone and research what bombs look like before making a decision as to what to do.

>> No.50375898

>>50375867
>what if ahmed potter's pencil box of holding had explosives hidden way at the bottom?

>> No.50375901

>>50373128

Sandnigga looks like Steve Urkel tbh

>> No.50375905

>>50375867
If said gun is actually a cucumber, and I'm wondering if there might not be a gun hidden inside the cucumber, and debating calling the police on the cucumber-wielding student who came up to show me the cucumber he grew, yeah I might well hesitate a moment and reflect on the plausibility of the situation before having cucumber-kun arrested for threatening me with an imitation firearm

>> No.50375930
File: 87 KB, 640x633, 237.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
50375930

>>50375887
>> Ahmed Muhammad Ali-Ackbar bin Laden

>> No.50375934
File: 1.86 MB, 162x149, 1440352936538.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
50375934

>>50375893
>wanting to be close to something you think is a bomb without knowing how or when it might detonate because you may be mistaken, i'm sure poking around is perfectly safe

>> No.50375967

>>50375886
I know it's been used, by actual insurgent forces. It's scary as shit, tbh, because a) it's heck of volatile and b) you can't really restrict or track the precursors. What I'm saying though, is that it's not really reasonable to think "this box that I'm being shown, that's been carried around in a book bag and has an alarm clock in it, might be full of TATP". That's a post-facto rationalization.

I'll admit that a skill bomb-maker could construct a functional weapon in that form factor, but let's not pretend that that's why the cops were called. The cops were called because aluminum briefcase + circuit boards = oh my god JC a bomb, and that's why people are pissed.

>> No.50376001

>>50375867

Were any of the wires leading into the foam? Can you not lift up the foam to check?

>Why do you want the teacher to not assume it's a bomb
Because it looks like every other fucking electronic device, and if we want our country to continue dominating in electrical/computer engineering fields, we can't just assume every odd printed circuit board is a bomb, just because bombs also use printed circuit boards.

>Do you pull a guns trigger at your head when you think it's empty to make sure?
No, because I already know the gun is dangerous, and there are safer means to check if it's empty.

>> No.50376051
File: 17 KB, 462x414, BrUjzsuCYAEMmCa.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
50376051

>>50376001
>let me lift up this piece of something that i think could possibly be a bomb to see if its a bomb

>> No.50376072

>>50376051
But anon, she didn't even think it was a bomb. She thought he made it look like a bomb, to scare people.

>> No.50376080

>>50376072
and she would be right.

>> No.50376115

>>50376051
Ruby is a fucking retard. Real bomb technicians rarely ever touch bombs unless they absolutely have to. Whenever the situation permits they just clear the area and blow a charge next to the suspected explosive.

Video related. A guy pranking the cops in Israel by leaving a backpack at a bus stop.

>HURR THAT BACKPACK DOESN'T LOOK LIKE A BOMB I NO WHAT A BOMB LOOK LIKE

http://a.uguu.se/ykpomb_bombe.webm

>> No.50376121

>>50376080
Telling her it was a clock sure seems like an inefficient way to go about it, then. Perhaps you'd like to cite your source?

>> No.50376146

>>50376115
So our schools are equivalent to warzones. If that's the case, shouldn't our teachers be prepared to distinguish between a school project and a weapon? Because the claim earlier was that the police intervention was necessary due to her lack of expertise.

>> No.50376248

>>50376146
This is a one off incident and it shouldn't be surprising that the teacher acted the way she did. He brought in a weird object that looked like a popular depiction of a bomb. Ahmed pulled it out of his bag after he had previously been warned by another teacher that he shouldn't show it to anyone.

>> No.50376312

>>50376248
I don't think children behaving foolishly counts as a one-off incident, and my hope is that children bringing electronic and/or engineering projects to school will not be a one-off incident, and I truly hope that said children will not have to worry if their project could possibly be interpreted as a threat, and I hope they won't have to worry about being dragged off in cuffs over it. That is why I am so worked up over this; the "zero tolerance" mentality has a very real impact on the learning experience, and this will have very real repercussions on our society.

>> No.50376341

>>50374344
>clapistan

top kek

>> No.50376359

>>50376312
>still believing it was an "engineering project"
It was literally a clock's internals taken out and put into a case. No modifications were made other than that. The clock was not constructed from spare parts or raw components.
It's extremely odd that this kid made this thing in the first place and it's even weirder that he showed it to another teacher after he was told to keep it under wraps. It gets even more fishy when we factor in the way he refused to explain why he made it or brought it in after the cops started questioning him.

It wasn't just "poor judgement." He was either put up to it by his father (a supposed imam and Muslim activist) or he wanted to see if he could cause some trouble.

>> No.50376431

cool cock, ahmed

>> No.50376434

>>50376359
I know he didn't make it. I know he's not an engineer. However, this behaviour is a threat to anyone who did, or has those skills, should they want to incorporate those interests into their education. That's why there's public interest; we want to make it clear that this is a good thing to do. We want interested kids, and we want kids to develop their skills, and we want them to be engaged at school.

Besides, that all could be true, and the response would still be inappropriate. It would still be wrong to call the cops on him. Kids do stupid things, and it's the teacher's job to determine which are actually dangerous and require external intervention, and which can be handled internally. I don't believe that this was some sort of cunning scheme to push a Muslim agenda in America, or to further his father's reelection campaign; he may well have built it to look sort of clandestine, because that is that is the sort of thing highschoolers think is cool. That he literally took it out and showed it to his teacher is evidence of this; he thought he'd made something neat, and wanted to show it off. It's not appropriate to have him arrested as though he'd called in a bomb threat. Frankly, it's not appropriate to charge kids who make groundless bomb threats the way we do.

>> No.50376510

>>50374460
>Teachers don't make dick and their job is to teach children, not differentiate between fissile material at a glance.
It looked neither like a nuke or a more conventional explosive. Anyone beyond the age of 15 should understand the very basic thermodynamics of conventional weaponry.

It is beyond stupid to keep coddling idiotic teachers. Teachers should have significantly advanced knowledge on various subjects.

That teacher should be fired on the spot. There's no excuse for ignorance.

>> No.50376542

>>50376434
>we want to make it clear that this is a good thing to do
It isn't though. He didn't invent anything and caused trouble by refusing to cooperate when he was asked about the nature of the device he brought in.

>it should be handled internally
Yeah. Teachers should be schooled in the identification and disarming of improvised explosive devices.

> he may well have built it to look sort of clandestine, because that is that is the sort of thing highschoolers think is cool. That he literally took it out and showed it to his teacher is evidence of this
So you think he intentionally made something that looks sketchy and then showed off his device knowing it looked like a bomb, because he wanted it to look that way? The mental gymnastics you're doing to make this sound normal are hilarious. There's only three possibilities here.

1. This kid took a clock apart and stuck it in a box hoping that he could score some extra credit points with a teacher. He then refused to cooperate with the police since he is hopelessly socially retarded (unlikely due to the subsequent interviews).

2. His dad put him up to this knowing what would happen.

3. The kid did this himself knowing what would happen because causing trouble is fun.

>> No.50376603

>>50376434
>However, this behaviour is a threat to anyone who did, or has those skills, should they want to incorporate those interests into their education. That's why there's public interest; we want to make it clear that this is a good thing to do. We want interested kids, and we want kids to develop their skills, and we want them to be engaged at school.
THIS. We can't let people who are too stupid to understand simple electronics persecute creative minds (it should have been VERY obvious to a professional educator that it was a disassembled alarm clock).

Never mind that it was a carefully sought after and provoked response from that imam. This still represents a very bad trend in education today: persecute the kids who know too much.

Every year kids end up harassed by police because they know too much about computers. Now kids are open to harassment if they know about electronics?

>NO, kids should shut up and just play vidya like all the other sheep
Is this a sentiment you share?

>> No.50376608

>>50376542
4. A stupid kid put a clock in a box, because he "wants to be an engineer" but doesn't actually have any skills yet. Thinking how he could make his project look "professional" or "cool", he chose a neato metal briefcase-looking pencil box. He took it to school. The first teacher he showed wasn't impressed, so he showed it to another one looking for positive feedback. This quickly snowballed; even though he explained it was just a clock, the police were called. He's freaking out at this point. Police start asking questions. He clams up, due to being frightened and confused. Police get pushy; he just tells them "it's a clock". It should be obvious that it's just a clock, right? What's going on? Then everyone looks like an idiot on national TV, and some tech companies decide to stand behind a "young tinkerer" out of a desire to encourage tinkering (even though his example was poor), out of genuine pity for his circumstance (which was fairly fucking shitty, come on), and out of a desire to be seen as "fostering young inventors" (where the hype over his HOMEBREWED CLOCK comes from).

>> No.50376665

>>50375898
>what if
Then everyone dies. At least they were progressive :^)

>>50375905
You can't put a gun in a cucumber because a cucumber is solid. The foam comes off.

>>50376001
>Were any of the wires leading into the foam? Can you not lift up the foam to check?
Yes anon, just fuck around with what may be a bomb. Don't worry it's probably not a bomb so you probably won't detonate it and kill yourself and everyone else is the room

>Because it looks like every other fucking electronic device
Strange. I'm inspecting two phones, a computer, a watch, a flash drive, and a headset, and none of them are in suitcases with wires dangling out, and PCB all over the place. I must just be seeing things though.

>No, because I already know the gun is dangerous, and there are safer means to check if it's empty.
If there's no bullets in it then it's perfectly safe ruby so just find your nearest gun and pull the fucking trigger on yourself. Trust me I'm some nobody on an imageboard.

>> No.50376686

>>50376542
>It isn't though. He didn't invent anything and caused trouble by refusing to cooperate
You're missing the point. If he HAD made something, he would have been harassed in similar fashion. Therefore, the system is fucked up.

The guy you replied to made it clear he didn't make anything anyway.

>Yeah. Teachers should be schooled in the identification and disarming of improvised explosive devices.
It is trivial to determine that it wasn't a bomb. Proof: 90% of the NEETs of /g/ can make that determination without any advanced training.

>So you think he intentionally made something that looks sketchy and then showed off his device knowing it looked like a bomb, because he wanted it to look that way?
Yes, pretending you're a spymaster is NEVER something a 14 year old kid would do. It REQUIRES mental gymnastics to reach that conclusion.

>1. This kid took a clock apart and stuck it in a box hoping that he could score some extra credit points with a teacher. He then refused to cooperate with the police since he is hopelessly socially retarded (unlikely due to the subsequent interviews).
TRUE

>2. His dad put him up to this knowing what would happen.
Yeah, the kid understood the political motives behind his dad's reasoning and executed this tactical feint flawlessly.

>3. The kid did this himself knowing what would happen because causing trouble is fun.
This kind of overlaps with (1), so I'm going to say probably true. But that doesn't contradict my point that the faculty is retarded and woefully ill-equipped for modern society.

Modern teachers are stupid bitches. I don't understand why all of them aren't immediately fired and replaced with fresh minds.

>> No.50376718

>>50376608
>they weren't impressed
The teacher explicitly told him it looked sketchy and warned him not to show it to anyone.

>he showed it to another teacher
Why? The teacher who reported him isn't even a science teacher. He just decided to take it out and show it to another teacher at random even though the teacher he claimed he made it for already saw it and told him to keep it under wraps?

>explained it was just a clock
According to the police he just said "It's a clock" and then refused to tell them why he brought it to school or why he made it. Not only that, but the teacher who reported him in the first place was unable to get any useful information out of him when HE WAS SHOWING HER THE DEVICE. So, what? Did he take it out and suddenly become scared when the teacher asked him about the device he was so eager to talk about?
They went on to say he had no problem explaining all these things to reporters as soon as he was released.
We aren't talking about a frightened 4 year old here. The kid is 14. He's more than old enough to realize that he should answer an officer's questions.

>they stand behind him because he's a "young tinkerer"
Get real. I don't think anyone in their right mind would deny that the main draw of this whole story is the racial profiling element.

>>50376686
If the kid was "pretending to be a spymaster" he would have said "I wanted to make it look cool" or something like that when he was asked. If he did intentionally make it look like a bomb then the teacher was right in thinking it looked like one.

>> No.50376824

>>50376718
I don't know about you, but back when I was in high school, we showed off extracurricular projects as much as we could.

>According to the police he just said "It's a clock" and then refused to tell them why he brought it to school or why he made it.
Yeah, kids have never been instructed to not talk to police.

>He's more than old enough to realize that he should answer an officer's questions.
You're dead wrong. He's not a member of the privileged class. He was right in staying shut the fuck up.

>> No.50376832

>>50376718
>>50376686
>>50376665
Oh an another thing: The whole "spymaster" argument falls apart when you notice that the kid has repeatedly said that he doesn't think the clock looks like a bomb. Which means that in order for your argument to work you need to claim that he's lying and therefore an iunreliable source of info.

>> No.50376855

>>50376824
I like how you ignored the part where I mentioned that he refused to say anything to his teacher either. He just decided to whip out his creation but didn't want to talk about it?
That makes sense. Kids often bring things in for show and tell but then forget about the "tell" part, right?

>> No.50376859

>>50376832
Fair enough. Fuck that kid. He's obviously a little cunt fishing for attention.

I still don't like the aspect of persecuting techies. Tinkerers, inventors, engineers--they shouldn't be seen as dangerous "Others".

>> No.50376892

>>50376832
He wasn't going full chuuni and pretending to be a spymaster. He's 14 years old, and when it came time to select a case to put his dismantled alarm clock in, he picked one that looked "cool" according to a 14-year-old's nebulous idea of cool which, when dealing with 7-segment displays, may well include briefcases. I would be that at no point in this process did he think "this will look exactly like a bomb! I can pretend it's a bomb, and use it to menace my school!", which is the cause for arrest. Stop being completely literal, stop looking so goddamn hard for a conspiracy, and imagine that you're a 14yo trying to show your teachers that you're really smart and going to be an engineer.

Fuck's sake.

>> No.50376979

>>50376892
>Stop being completely literal, stop looking so goddamn hard for a conspiracy, and imagine that you're a 14yo trying to show your teachers that you're really smart and going to be an engineer.
That's the sad part, though. Whatever happened to the good ol' clock with four 7-segment displays with a few 555-timers?

>> No.50376992

>>50376892
If I was trying to show my teachers how smart I was I would have no problem explaining my project to them. I wouldn't pull it out and then stop talking when they asked questions.

>conspiracytard!
There's no conspiracy. Just one kid or maybe his idiot father looking to cause problems.

>> No.50377041

>>50376992
Really? Even if the question was "OMG is that a bomb?", followed by calling the police when you said "No, it's a clock"? Really?

>> No.50377089

>>50377041
The teacher didn't contact the police until quite some time after she spoke to him. She also didn't let him know that she was contacting the police.

An yes, really. I'm not a fucking moron so I'd tell them what I had built and try to show them how it worked. The teacher said that they didn't think they were in danger, so it's not like they were panicking and the kid panicked as well. He went back to his normal business right after their conversation ended.

>> No.50377293

>>50376341
Lurk more.

>> No.50377370
File: 48 KB, 408x450, 1424675984867.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
50377370

>>50373276
what the fuck anon
please leave

>> No.50377377

>>50375176
This. Anyway, I wouldn't be surprised at all if this was staged.

>> No.50377682

> microsoft supporting alahu ahmed

Good thing I just bought a Macbook Pro :^))))

>> No.50378126

>>50373276
Wow.

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
E-mail
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
reCAPTCHA
Action