Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Maintenance is complete! We got more disk space.
Become a Patron!

/g/ - Technology


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 17 KB, 180x180, mozilla-ceo-antigay180[1].gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
41109938 No.41109938 [Reply] [Original] [archived.moe] [rbt]

http://arstechnica.com/business/2014/03/amid-ceo-fallout-mozilla-affirms-support-for-lgbt-marriage-equality/

>First dev to protest praises Moz but still wants direct response from Eich

What the shit is wrong with these people? What does one man's private political views have to do with software development? I haven't seen Mozilla begin firing all its gay employees under Eich, nor has Eich been using Mozilla funds to support anti-gay causes. All Eich did was to spend an overall insignificant amount of money on a campaign for a state proposition that has now been declared unconstitutional.

What is the end goal of these faggots? Do they want anyone who doesn't share their views to be ostracized and blacklisted?

>> No.41109972

Welcome to the progressive '10s.

It's only going to get far worse in the not-so-roaring '20s.

>> No.41109978

>>41109938
It's called a "Smear Campaign". Look it up.

>> No.41109984

>>41109972
>2020 is less than 6 years away
Fuck, where did my life go?

>> No.41109994

I find it hilarious that if this situation were happening 50 years ago, the poster would read "Mozilla's PRO-GAY CEO" but still portray him as devilish. Same shit, different opinion.

>> No.41110016

>>41109938
>Do they want anyone who doesn't share their views to be ostracized and blacklisted?
ding ding ding.

>> No.41110031

reminder that homosexuality is nature's way to stop overpopulation

>> No.41110035

>>41110016
How "tolerant" and "openminded" of them.

>> No.41110052

>>41109938
b-b-b-but he donated money for the cause, making it not just an opinion but supporting it!!! how dare he support ANYTHING that doesn't support homosexual rights!!! fascist homophobic shitlord!!!!!!!!1

>> No.41110068

>>41109938
I find it embarrassing that LGBT lobbying groups need to resort to this kind of witch hunt-style behavior. What's the fucking point? Didn't this already backfire on them once with the whole chik-fil-a thing?

>> No.41110070

>>41109938
So all these protesters are also going to stop useing any website that uses javascript right?

I mean, they aren't hypocrites are they?

>> No.41110073
File: 83 KB, 630x312, mozilla-okcupid[1].png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
41110073

OK Cupid shows this message when you visit their site.

I swear if the CEO steps down I'll stop using this firefox. I refuse to be apart of this bullshit

>> No.41110074

didn't you guys hear? anything short of sucking 10 cocks a day is now a form of hate speech.

>> No.41110076

i agree that this is being blown completely out of proportion, and that's coming from a gay male

>> No.41110082

>>41109984
I feel the same way man. I mean in two months we'll be halfway through this year.

Time used to move so slowly when I was a kid, but it seems to get faster as I get older. I want to get off this ride.

>> No.41110090

>>41110073
okcupid also called IE "internet exploder" on the same page.

check the date.

>> No.41110093

>>41110073
oh fucking wow.

>> No.41110098

Soon famous figures will be publicly shamed and possibly executed simply for not speaking out for gay rights. This is the future and I welcome it.

>> No.41110099

>>41109938

I hate this gay planet.

Everyone is treating lgbt degenerates as natural and CIS people as unnatural.

>> No.41110103

>>41109938
I am a staunch supporter of marriage rights for homosexuals. I find it baffling that any reasonable person could be against that, let alone donate money to try and take it down.

I still use Firefox because the CEOs personal beliefs don't influence the software. I think it's a bit childish that people with dissenting views can't just agree to disagree in a situation like this. It can only end up being harmful.

Also, OKCupid just put up a page annoying Firefox users and suggesting proprietary browsers instead. Encouraging your users to wear shackles is worse than not wanting certain people to marry.

>> No.41110108

>People voicing their opinion and refusing to support a company
>/g/ is angry because people share different opinions than the hivemind

>> No.41110116

>>41110031

You could eat a burrito (or have sex with it) instead of engaging in homosexuality to avoid overpopulation. There are no valid biological explanations for homosexuality.

>> No.41110119
File: 19 KB, 550x458, mozilla.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
41110119

stallman already spoke on the issue. it's done.

>> No.41110120

>>41110073
It says Internet Exploder in the alternatives section. It's an April Fools joke, calm down.

>> No.41110133

>>41110119
>Yeah whatever, listen to me sperg about freedom

>> No.41110136
File: 1.99 MB, 300x225, hahaha 50 small.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
41110136

>>41110119
>that message to the nsa

every time

>> No.41110156

>>41110098
CEO's right to express and support his views.
Just like it is your right to suck penis and swallow sperm fag.

>> No.41110174

This society here in the United States is rapidly becoming a censorship based culture that prohibits others from being themselves. It's disturbing how fucked up it's becoming in just the last few short years. I believe people are being socially engineered by the mass media, whether it be from television or the shill infested Reddit networks out there.

>> No.41110181

>>41110156
just like it's fag activists' right to boycott, if you want to use that logic

>> No.41110182

>>41110016
>>41110035
>>41110156
You're retarded. Funding anti-gay causes is not "not sharing their views", it's actually attacking them.

One thing is not agreeing with North Korea, and another completely different thing is funding the government to buy weapons to attack them.

>> No.41110184

>>41110119
The Prophet has spoken, let's just stop at that.

>> No.41110189

>>41110120
>>41110090
neverminding the fact that it's not april in the only place where the site is relevant
>hey guize we were just joking use whatever browser you like
>HURR FUCK YOU CISHET ENABLER SHITLORD
that would go over too poorly for OKC for this not to be a joke.

>> No.41110193

>>41109938
>What does one man's private political views...
I know /g/ doesn't get much, but really?

If he was an regular employee, his views wouldn't matter. But he's the CEO, and the CEO is supposed to represent the views of Mozilla.

It turns out the you can't claim to be about openness and equality if you pick bigots to represent yourself.

>> No.41110195

>>41110103
This.

I'd also like to add, as a faggot, that I would personally feel uncomfortable working for Eich.
However, as long as he didn't directly discriminate against me or others for our sexuality, or use Mozilla itself to do so, I couldn't reasonably be upset.

I believe that people's private beliefs, etc., are their own business.
I wouldn't want Eich saying, "You're fired for donating to support gay rights," so I can't reasonably expect him quit because he donated against them.
That's a double standard and it's unjust. Period.

Even if I think he's an ignorant piece of shit for having those backwards-ass views in 2014,
I still have to support his First Amendment rights.

>> No.41110198

>>41110189
I'll say it again and again, Google already did their April Fools thing. The entirety of Europe is already in April.

>> No.41110201

>>41109938
The Hero we need, but do not deserve...

>> No.41110206

>>41110174
Everything is a shouting match; there is no exchange of information, just everyone attempting to be the loudest signal and drown out the rest

>> No.41110210

>>41110174
yeah bro it's all a conspiracy by the gay jewish media bro wake up sheeple
it isn't the result of 30 years of lgbt activism or anything, that would be too simple
bro its all a CONSPIRAACCYYYYYY

>> No.41110213

>>41110195
>I'd also like to add, as a faggot, that I would personally feel uncomfortable working for Eich.

>btw im a home pls lisen 2 me my opinions are worthwhile

>> No.41110220

>>41110198
Yeah, it turned April an hour ago here

>> No.41110226

>>41110193
Do you honestly think LGBT tumblrinas deserve equality?

>> No.41110232

>>41110195
i find it distasteful on a personal level, enough to be straight, but I have no problem with gays
i don't support straight marriage at all; why the fuck should the government be involved?
>we all get banned by angry janitors for being /pol/ outside of /pol/

>> No.41110239

>>41110226
It's not equality if it's only for the privileged few.

>> No.41110248

>>41110193
>The fact that you are a CEO means you can not have opinions

>> No.41110251

>>41110226
>implying every lgbt person is a tumblr social justice warrior
have you been to a site called 4chan bud

>> No.41110256

>>41110120
that would be far and away the greates April Fool's joke I've seen in a long time. Just imagine the PC butthurt if it was a joke

>> No.41110257

>>41110232
>i don't support straight marriage at all; why the fuck should the government be involved?
because government has managed marriage since... fuckin forever. government control of population was what kept europe at a steady population for almost 1000 years before the massive population explosion in the high middle ages (and then the plague, then everyone getting rich off dead people's wealth, then rennaisance)

>> No.41110260

>>41110031
Technological progress is nature's way of preventing overpopulation. As we develop newer technologies, the number of people the planet can comfortably support increases. We currently have the means to sustain nearly twice the global population without difficulty.

Besides, rampant use of contraception is leading every first world country towards a population implosion as birthrates continue to drop. Enjoy the ensuing economic collapse in the next twenty or thirty years.

>> No.41110262

>>41109938
>What does one man's private political views have to do with software development
Not..A..Fucking..Thing. Everyone has right to their own beliefs regardless of how wrong they are. Apparently the 'cool' thing to do these days is try to use your influence to force someone to pretend to think just like you regardless of their real feeling on the subject.

>> No.41110273

>>41110068
Yeah, but the public cares about Chik-fil-a. Most of those retards moved on to google chore because it's "Faster"

>> No.41110276

>>41110251
>have you been to a site called 4chan bud
No I haven't what is it

>> No.41110279

We need to support Firefox now more than ever.

Fuck fags. Fuck liberals. Fuck Jews.

>> No.41110280

>>41110182
Oh please.

Gays aren't being persecuted in America. They're legally allowed to suck as much dick as they want, they can act as gay as they want in public without fear of arrest. The only thing they lack is the tax benefits granted to heterosexual couples. Are you seriously going to equate the lack of tax benefits to the historic discrimination faced by gays?

>> No.41110293

>>41110226
You're conflating SJWs with the people they use as fodder for jerking-off their egos. The overwhelming majority of people whining about this is almost certainly straight.

>> No.41110294

>>41110082
It moves faster because you're life is becoming more uniform and plain. When you do the same thing every day, you have nothing worth remembering so you remember less. When you remember less, time feels faster.

>> No.41110295

Anyone who had any doubts about how conservative 4chan should be pretty clear of them now.

>> No.41110298

>>41110248
No, but having opinions that are opposite to the company's goals means that you would be a bad choice for CEO.

>> No.41110302

>>41110136
Stallman is a very prominent figure in the tech world with radically anti-government beliefs and a great deal of influence.

I 100% guarantee you the NSA et. al monitor his communications.

>> No.41110308

>>41110120
>>41110073
What about Chrome and Opera??

>> No.41110311
File: 40 KB, 420x393, 1395853156310.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
41110311

>>41110119

Reading Stallman related stuff used to just annoy me but this is hilarious.

>> No.41110331

>>41110280
you are so uninformed buddeh

you can be fired for being gay, you can be denied adoption rights for being gay, you can be beaten and killed for being gay

you may live in california or something where things are generally pretty good, but you're fucking retarded if you don't think gays are still persecuted in a huge portion of america

>> No.41110333

Any CEO who demonstrates a specific political opinion is only going to get negative attention.

It's also particularly bad when you choose the opposite political opinion of the general trend of younger people.

>> No.41110335

>>41110280
It's not just tax benefits, it's things like the authority over medical decisons and end of life care.

>> No.41110341

Eich-backlash gets more vicious
Javascript considered "anti-LGBT rights"
Everyone stops using Javascript

Hooray~!

>> No.41110342
File: 114 KB, 1000x678, russoandrockefeller.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
41110342

>>41110210
>>41110210
>>41110210

You should look up the interview on Youtube about Aaron Russo (former governor candidate) with Nick Rockefeller (one of the richest families in the world).

They both were friends for a few years, and Nick Rockefeller told Aaron Russo everything the elites had planned. If what Aaron says is true, then we're essentially fucked. The Rockefeller fuckface went on saying how the womens rights movement was perpetuated by the elites to break up the American family. Not only that but their plans to invade the middle east for pure dominance. Their final plan is to get RFID chips implanted in our skin so that we're tracked 24/7. The next stage after that is to reduce the population so that they can control this planet with ease. So on and so forth. It's up to you to watch it.

>> No.41110347

>>41110298
Mozilla's goal is to write software.

>> No.41110351

>>41110193
>the CEO is supposed to represent the views of the company
Only when acting as CEO, not in his fucking personal life

>> No.41110352

>>41110298
Goals? Mozilla is a fucking software development company, they shouldn't be in the business of supporting ANY political cause. The CEO's political views are completely irrelevant, attack his views, not his affiliation with Mozilla.

>> No.41110354

>>41110120
Is the new April Fools thing for the joke to not actually be a joke if so OkCupid are doing a very good job because this is 100% what I would expect from a site like OkCupid which is bound to be full of SJWs.

>> No.41110356

>>41110331
>you can be fired for being gay

Not legally.

>you can be denied adoption rights for being gay

Depends on the state, but yes, this is true.

>you can be beaten and killed for being gay

Not legally.

While I agree with you that being gay isn't easy in many parts of the US, it's nowhere close to say, parts of Africa, where homosexual witchhunts can result in literally being tortured to death in public.

>> No.41110367
File: 1.99 MB, 2592x1944, man-on-mountaintop.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
41110367

>>41109984
>>41110082
Make the best of your life while you still have the opportunity, man. Your hair will turn grey before you know it, and you can't rewind back time.

>> No.41110375

>>41110031
Third world countries are way overpopulated and they're not stopping anytime soon homos or no homos. 1st world countries are actually slowing down and in some cases declining in population.

>> No.41110377

>>41110182
>You're retarded
No you're the retard. Are you saying fags don't pay support to these groups? You probably pay support to the last one listed.

Empowering Spirits Foundation
Equality Across America
Equality Federation
Family Equality Council
Fight OUT Loud
Fine By Me
Freedom to Marry
Gay and Lesbian Advocates and Defenders (GLAD)
Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD)
Gay and Lesbian Medical Association (GLMA)
Gay & Lesbian Victory Fund
Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network (GLSEN)
Gays and Lesbians in Foreign Affairs Agencies (GLIFAA)
Gay Liberation Front (GLF)
Gay Rights National Lobby
GenderPAC (GPAC)
GetEQUAL
Global Equality Fund
Human Rights Campaign (HRC)
Immigration Equality
IntegrityUSA (Episcopal Church)
International Foundation for Gender Education (IFGE)
Join the Impact
Keshet, Inc.
LPAC
Lambda Legal

>> No.41110380

>>41110351
Wrong. The CEO's personal life is the company. Anyone who doesn't think so really doesn't understand business.

>>41110352
The problem is that no one wants to associate with a company who willingly associates with a man who publicly acknowledged his opinion about a very hot topic and publicly donated money to support his opinion (which is the opposite of most public opinion).

>> No.41110382

>>41110342
Sounds like some gay shit
When do I get to fuck an android boytoy

>> No.41110385

>>41110342
Let's save this conversation for when the RFIDs begin and then we will find out which one of us will laugh

>> No.41110389

>>41110174
How the fuck is a company putting a statement up on their own website censorship? Who is having their voice silenced here?

>> No.41110390

>>41110295
*how conservative 4chan has become

4chan used to be filled with fags and weirdos
now it's pretty diluted, almost to the level of any other website
thanks newfriends

>> No.41110395

>>41110174
I don't think you understand what "censorship" means.

>> No.41110401

>>41110380
>no one wants to associate with a company
>thinking anyone outside of tumblrfags give a shit
Look at chick-fil-a, what happened when the fags tried to boycott them?

>> No.41110402

>>41110295
Let's not drag meta shit into this thread

>> No.41110405

>>41110356
And that freedom was achieved by pro-gay causes, certainly not by anti-gay causes that Mr. Eich funds.

>> No.41110411

>>41110390
Wow, I can't believe I left out those words. What the fuck.

>> No.41110417

>>41110390
4chan has had a pretty wide distribution of people for quite some time. That's what happens when something gets popular.

>> No.41110429

>>41110380
Alright then, I'll admit that I don't understand business.

>> No.41110432

>>41110401
The CEO backpedaled and tried to offer a half-hearted apology, because he's realized that this generation's kids will consider him a bigot.

>> No.41110433

>>41110402
It's shit though.
Everyone here wants to kill the gays.

>> No.41110450

>>41110389
Basically anyone who wants to move their career forward and live a productive life at the same time that they hold personal values that run contrary to mainstream society.

You know, like gay people did years ago.

>> No.41110454

>>41110405
>And that freedom was achieved by pro-gay causes

More like humanitarian causes. I wouldn't call criminalizing murder a "pro-gay cause".

>> No.41110459

>>41110367
>tfw hair started turning grey at 19

>> No.41110467
File: 36 KB, 620x349, art-metapro_prototype-620x349.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
41110467

>>41110385

The RFID chips already exists, even some companies having their employees. But honestly I think we've already been chipped by our smartphones. The hard part to accept is that WE willing ACCEPTED to be chipped because the dopamine rush of smartphones.

>> No.41110470
File: 85 KB, 1024x661, sergey-brin-in-google-glass.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
41110470

>>41110380
>Wrong. The CEO's personal life is the company. Anyone who doesn't think so really doesn't understand business.

Should a CEO be obliged to step down because he was participating in BDSM and a couple of "family values" neoconservatives objected to it?

>> No.41110471

>>41110295
4chan is big, there are all kinds of people, and judging by political compass threads I've seen, I'd say the community is a bit more left-down leaning (and it was much more in old 4chan when everyone sucked V's cock). Conservative /pol/fags are just much more vocal and obnoxious. As proof, you will eventually see a ">>>/reddit/" reply to my post.

>> No.41110473

>>41110405
*funded
Look fag, he made a single, private donation to an anti-gay cause several years ago. Are you really going to crucify him over that?

>> No.41110488

>>41110193
I don't understand how a 6 year old $1000 donation is evidence of bigotry. Prop 8 was sold by many Catholics in my area as "defining marriage as being between a man and a woman." No one said it's because gays are horrible sinners, no one was saying they shouldn't exist. A good deal of the proponents I met pulled the whole "But gays can get civil unions! We're not against them getting the benefits!" (I don't know the exact differences between civil unions and marriages but I'm assuming there must be some even if its minor). On a whole when I actually took the time to speak to them, there wasn't a whole lot of arguing. I think it's stupid to believe your religious definition of marriage should apply to the secular one but they were much more reasonable sounding than WBC.

Granted I don't know if Eich is a catholic or subscribes to that specific justification for supporting Prop 8.

I also don't know much about the rest of California and how it's supporters presented it there, but I think you're throwing around the word Bigot a little to easily.

>> No.41110493

>>41110470
No, because BDSM doesn't hurt anybody (except whoever got whipped, but that was willing).

Having weird sexual fetishes isn't prejudice or bigotry, nor does it involve donating money to causes that are seeking to actively promote inequality.

>> No.41110494

>>41110473
yup :)

>> No.41110496

>>41110390
Contrarianism has always been fashionable on 4chan. Ever notice that the switch started happening when the Dems took the White House?

>> No.41110497

Oh look it's this thread again

>> No.41110499

>>41109938
It's just his opinion. Why do people want to control everything now?

>> No.41110506
File: 13 KB, 346x350, killer_features.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
41110506

Is Firefox the new ReiserFS?

>> No.41110507

>>41110433
>Everyone here wants to kill the gays.
Just the loudest voices.

>> No.41110509

>>41110405
And so by funding these "Anti-Gay causes" Mr. Eich is, attacking gay people and not infact, expressing his own personal opinion with a donation?

>> No.41110511

>>41110454
And anti-gay causes are certainly not humanitarian. It actually attacks them. That's the point.

>>41110473
I wouldn't, I agree that this is blown out of proportion, I just want to correct people who say "well he has the freedum to oppress others".

>> No.41110513
File: 1.66 MB, 250x181, this thumbs up.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
41110513

>>41110471
>>>/z/

>> No.41110516

>>41110488
>No one said it's because gays are horrible sinners, no one was saying they shouldn't exist

There's really no other reason men and men and women and women can't get married.

>> No.41110519

>>41110390
There are fags and weirdos all over still, but the ones who want to blog about sucking dick have their own board they stick to, unlike /pol/ which has an eternal mission to "redpill" everyone who doesn't buy into their special brand of retardedness.

>> No.41110524

>>41110493
>You will never have a girl beg you to choke her out and then you choke her out and she wakes up and hugs you and tells you how wonderful you are
;;;;_;;;;

>> No.41110525

>>41110493
BDSM fantasies objectively and inevitably lead to actual sexual assault.

>> No.41110536

>>41110509
Of course. When you donate you are funding them, not just "expressing your personal opinion".

>> No.41110538

>>41110525
There's no statistical evidence to support that.

>> No.41110547

>>41110525
Stop shitposting.

>> No.41110552

>>41110488
Rights granted by marriage but not civil unions:

1. Social Security, Medicare, and disability benefits for spouses

2. Family leave to care for your spouse during illness

3. Making burial or other final arrangements if your partner passes away

4. Spousal or child support, child custody, and visitation rights if you divorce

5. Living in neighborhoods designated for “families only”

6. Veterans’ and military benefits for spouses, such as for education, medical care, or certain loans

7. Filing joint federal and state income tax returns

8. Taking bereavement leave from work if your spouse dies

9. Making medical decisions if your partner becomes incapacitated and cannot express wishes for treatment

10. Family rates for health, homeowners’, and auto insurance

There's actually a pretty big difference, hence the outrage for Prop 8.

>> No.41110556
File: 53 KB, 617x618, LarryPage2012_03_edited.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
41110556

>Larry Page says charity is for losers
>He says he wants to give his wealth to a venture capital when he dies because he doesn't want poor people to benefit from his wealth

Yet, this got zero press.

How afraid is the media of Google?

>> No.41110568

>>41110511
Denying a homosexual couple tax breaks on the grounds that their union is fruitless and produces nothing of value for society isn't exactly attacking gays. It's more along the lines of defending common fucking sense.

>> No.41110569

>>41110331
>you can be denied adoption rights for being ga
are you equating being denied adoption rights to being beaten/killed? Because adoption is not a right, you stupid faggot

>> No.41110573

>>41110538
>There's no statistical evidence to support that.

Where's the statistical evidence that Eich's donation hurt anyone.

>> No.41110579

>>41110538
>>41110547
Here we see BDSM apologists, deviants and perverts extraordinaire, attempting to defend their twisted impulses.

>> No.41110588

>>41110569
Don't be an idiot.

>>41110573
Really? REALLY?

>> No.41110597

>>41110556
Jobs did the same thing

I think it's less the media being afraid and more not giving a shit if you're a ruthless capitalist, because we love that in North America

>> No.41110598
File: 16 KB, 300x389, 1380308439448.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
41110598

Welcome to modern America.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVuK44kWgxk

Please let me get off this planet.

>> No.41110603
File: 928 KB, 330x186, 1365220806612.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
41110603

>fags now have enough political clout to start witch hunts
what happened /g/? I remember when gays were clowns and freaks and kept to themselves

>> No.41110608

>>41110568
Then we should also deny marriage rights to anyone who is barren, past menopause, has had a hysterectomy, a vasectomy, or simply doesn't want to have children.

It's only fair.

>> No.41110612

>>41110569
Besides all fags are pedophiles so no adoption.

>> No.41110614

>>41110588
Prop 8 was declared unconstitutional. His "investment" was hence all for nothing. Quit whining, fudgepacker.

>> No.41110615

>>41110568
>their union is fruitless and produces nothing of value for society
Your subjective and narrow-minded opinion is not "common fucking sense".

>> No.41110621

>>41110569
Nope, was simply listing several of the ways gays are currently being persecuted in America, since you seem to believe that's not the case. See >>41110552 for a more extensive list.

>> No.41110623

Why aren't liberals irate that Muslim countries are literally killing their homosexuals? Because they're not a country with white males?

>> No.41110625

I thought the United States was a country that people could freely believe what they wanted to believe without persecution. I guess I was wrong.

>> No.41110631

>>41110614
It's the thought that counts.

>> No.41110632

>>41110536
You are expressing your personal opinion.
When you donate to salvation army to help the homeless, is that not your personal opinion to that the homeless need help that caused you to donate?
It's the same thing.

>> No.41110633

>>41110608
I'm down.

>> No.41110637
File: 190 KB, 300x300, 1392696760577.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
41110637

>mfw people think gay marriage is an "equal rights" issue

Straight people can't marry the same sex, gay people can't either, it's equal

Marrying whatever you want has never been a right for anyone, I can't marry a horse

>> No.41110638

>Opposing increased discrimination of singles is now bigotry.
Fuck this gay earth.

Giving tax cuts to homos is indisputably active discrimination of unmarried people.

>> No.41110640
File: 324 KB, 800x451, richard_dawkins_2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
41110640

>>41110525
>BDSM fantasies objectively and inevitably lead to actual sexual assault.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. Let's see that evidence or else your claim is merely donkey balls.

>> No.41110642

>>41110612
tasty bait there anon

>> No.41110644

>>41110524
I want ;_;...
to be the girl

>> No.41110647

>>41110621
>since you seem to believe that's not the case
not him but not being able to adopt is not an example of persecution, and almost nobody is killed for being gay. Former is simply not an example (adoption is not a right) and latter is an extreme and nearly negligible exception

>> No.41110648

>>41110614

Declared unconstitutional by activist libtard judges who don't believe in a democracy unless it agrees with the libtard views.

>> No.41110649

>>41110625
Without persecution from the government, yes. That doesn't mean the rest of the public has to agree.

>> No.41110654

>>41110588
Yes, I would really like you to provide evidence.

You can disagree with Prop 8 without going on a witch hunt about it. After all, the majority of California's citizens support for it.

>> No.41110655

>>41110621
>not getting certain benefits is persecution
Cry me a river. Are immigrants being persecuted because they can't vote?

>> No.41110656

who cares if the dude is gay. stop posting this shit please

>> No.41110658

>>41110640
>richard_dawkins
*tips fedora*

>> No.41110661

>>41110637
see
>>41110552

>> No.41110665

>>41110351
Nope.
ALWAYS.

>>41110352
Go visit Mozilla's website for two minutes. Either they enjoy making shit up, or they are definitely about more than just coding.

>>41110488
It's still bigotry. They were just doing they're best effort to try and claim it wasn't.

>>41110525
Post source.

>>41110536
Even if it was just his opinion, having opinions that run counter to the aim of a company makes you a poor choice for CEO.

>>41110637
Segregation.

>> No.41110666

>>41110632
Again, when you donate you are actively helping them to achieve their cause. That's the fundamental difference.

>> No.41110667

>>41110615
>subjective and narrow-minded

Actually, it's objective biology. Homosexual couples are incapable of having children, and thus their union produces nothing. Tax incentives for married couples are in the hopes that they will produce children. Homosexual couples are by their very nature incapable of this, and therefore they deserve no such incentives. Yes, it's common sense. Something you seem to lack.

>> No.41110669

Can we stick to the topic of CEO political donations and not argue about whether buttsex is bad for the n^10000th time

>> No.41110671

>>41110516
I know, as I said, it was all about the word and it's definition for them. Yes it's petty, but the motivation was very different than some people seem to think.

>>41110552
I see, out of curiosity how many of those are achievable with visit to a lawyer? I know not all of them but it seems like you could get a lawyer to draw up a document for visitation rights at least.

>> No.41110675
File: 42 KB, 310x425, 1385114549088.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
41110675

>>41110625

See that's the hypocrisy of it all. The people who are fighting to protect others from the "ignorant people" are infact becoming the very same ignorant people. If you fight the enemy long enough you end up becoming the enemy yourself.

>> No.41110682

I look forward to the news of Mozilla laying off its US staff in order to bring jobs to more technically skilled workers in India.

>> No.41110684

>>41110649

Libtards are actively trying to stifle any alternative opinion. Diversity of race is good , but diversity of opinions however is evil and must be squelched.

>> No.41110697

>>41110654
Passing a law preventing gay people from married actively hurts gays, because it means they can't get married and enjoy the same privileges and benefits that heterosexual couples do.

That should be obvious, but with /g/ I shouldn't be surprised.

>>41110655
Immigrants who can't vote are technically here illegally, so they have no legal basis for that complaint.

>>41110684
Yes, you're right, "libtards" are actively seeking to combat useless prejudice.

There is literally no benefit to the human race for denying gays the right to get married.

>> No.41110698

>>41110644
When you wear a dress, you're a girl

>> No.41110700

>>41110623

Because no one in any Arabic nation will take them seriously, and if they even so much as try to push it on them in any manner they will most likely get their shit slapped

>> No.41110710

>>41110647
If it's a legal benefit a straight couple has and a gay couple doesn't, it's persecution.

>>41110655
Illegal immigrants aren't US citizens retard

>> No.41110713

>>41110667
See >>41110608
Many other people who can marry and can't have children also "produces nothing" under your reasoning. You know why? Because that's not how human relationships work. There is value in things other than money. You don't get to decide what's "value" in our society. You are not a god.

>> No.41110715

>>41110697

Scientists have never isolated a gene that causes homosexuality. Could it be so far-fetched to say that homosexuality is a choice? I mean, I thought the left believed in science?

>> No.41110720

>>41110649
Private industry and a person's workplace aren't meant to proxies for censorship and suppression of minority opinions. This is what I hate most about the modern left; no one believes in free speech as a principle, they just see it as a legal complication only for the government that they can route around using mob outrage.

I'm genuinely embarrassed of being a liberal.

>> No.41110721

>>41110715
Scientists have also never ruled out a gene that causes homosexuality.

>> No.41110723

>>41110667
Actually, it's objective biology. Sterile couples are incapable of having children, and thus their union produces nothing. Tax incentives for married couples are in the hopes that they will produce children. Sterile couples are by their very nature incapable of this, and therefore they deserve no such incentives. Yes, it's common sense. Something you seem to lack.

>> No.41110726

>microsoft bundles IE with windows and helps kill netscape
>anti trust issues out the ass, haunting them to this day
>google bundles chrome with EVERY FUCKING THING and helps kill firefox
>nobody bats an eye

You gotta wonder why.

>> No.41110732

>>41110713

Why are males more sexually attracted to 20 year old nubile females? Hmm, I think there might be a biological purpose to it. Anyone know?

>> No.41110740
File: 139 KB, 589x1383, 1396312151556.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
41110740

Shanley here with some KNOWLEDGE

(read bottom to top, thanks.)

>> No.41110741

>>41110450
The CEO didn't just hold certain personal values, he donated money to fight against other people's civil rights. That was and is his right. He isn't being silenced. He can be as anti-gay as he wants. In the US, you won't be jailed, fined, or otherwise legally persecuted for speech considered hateful. However, just as you have free speech, other people can use *their* freedom of speech to counter yours, and they may use their freedom of association to impose social sanctions against you, such as denial of business, employment, or respect. Freedom of speech does not mean freedom from consequences for that speech.

>> No.41110744

>>41110720
I absolutely support the Mozilla CEO's right to his opinion.

I absolutely do not have to agree with it, nor do I have to support it, nor do I have to contribute to anything that might encourage it.

You are trying to claim that my refusal to agree with his opinion is somehow a conspiracy of censorship.

>> No.41110750

>>41110710
>If it's a legal benefit a straight couple has and a gay couple doesn't, it's persecution.
It's not a right and thus not "persecution"
Stop trying to redefine words to fit your social justice agenda you fucking fag

>> No.41110752

>>41110721
Then it sounds like saying homosexuality should be equally respected by a person who trusts in science.

>> No.41110755

>>41110715
>Scientists have never isolated a gene that causes heterosexuality. Could it be so far-fetched to say that heterosexuality is a choice? I mean, I thought the [arbitrary group] believed in science?

>> No.41110758

>What does one man's private political views have to do with software development?

Well, for one, it's not private. If this man has an issue with something, chances are, he'll vote on it. Being anti-gay amounts to the continual denial of equal rights of couples of same-sex marriage. This is effects the gay community.

>Do they want anyone who doesn't share their views to be ostracized and blacklisted?

Think of it this way: Would you support a man who's "private political" views amount to denying a group of people their rights? Be it white rights, black rights, etc. I mean, it's very easy to think "OH, THEY'RE JUST OVERREACTING" when it's towards a group of people you don't care about.

Just think, if this man was a "blacks need reperations, whites need to be guilty, etc" and the company started disowning him, I'm sure 4chans' and maybe your view would be different.

That being said, I'm tired of people placing homophobia in the same light as someone's masturbation habits. Discrimination is vastly different from something innocuous. Get that through your head.

>> No.41110762
File: 1.31 MB, 600x1200, disappointments.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
41110762

>>41110698
yes~

>> No.41110763

>>41110732
To rape them, obviously

>> No.41110764

>>41110721

Yes, and scientists have never ruled out the legitimacy of a God. What's your point?

>> No.41110765

>>41110752
I don't really understand your point.

What does it even matter?

>> No.41110770
File: 24 KB, 719x587, 1396012067528.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
41110770

>>41109938
Mozilla are so bad with PR... all they had to do was issue a statement from the CEO apologizing, and then completely ignore the issue hence-force.

The more they talk about it and try to defend themselves, the more attention they draw to the (non-)issue and the more flack they invite against themselves. Liberals are parasites who feed on attention; the more attention you give them, the more attention they want. The only way to win the game they play is to not stoop so low as to participate in it.

>> No.41110774

>>41110671
Court takes a long time. Hospital visitation rights for example are obviously sometimes a time-intensive thing. Sure, you could take it through the Supreme Court but that might take five years. And that costs a ton of money not everyone has.

A letter from a lawyer wouldn't help you in the hospital's case anyway, they're allowed to turn you away no matter what if you're not married or immediate family.

>> No.41110779

>>41110642
Lombard Demonstrates Why Gays Should Not be Allowed to Adopt

http://www.christiannewswire.com/news/7829810803.html

>> No.41110783

>>41110667
Marriage isn't about having children.
Duh.

>>41110684
I like diversity of opinions.
But I'm still going to argue against wrong ones.

>>41110710
>If it's a legal benefit a straight couple has and a gay couple doesn't, it's persecution.
Close, it's discrimination.

>>41110715
That's not how biology works.

>>41110720
No-one is censoring anyone.
Now shut up.

>>41110723
Nope.

>> No.41110788

>>41110762
That's a man's disappointment in himself.
You know he's succumbed to his lusts.

>> No.41110798

Why aren't heterosexuals sexually attracted to 70 year old grandmas? Hmm, I think there might be a biological purpose to it. Anyone know?

>> No.41110801

Welp! This entire thread is itself a wonderful example of why it'll be difficult to have this discussion without maximum hurring and durring coming from both sides of the issue (not that i'm trying to assume the intellectual high ground here). On one side, we have a bunch of butthurt reactionary conservatives with a persecution complex that eclipses logic, and yet on the other side of the ring, are a bunch of activists going on what can only be described as a witchhunt against someone whose opinion goes against the new social orthodoxy.

>> No.41110803

>>41110779
>christiannewswire
TASTY bait there anon

>> No.41110809

>>41110740
Who's Shanley?
>last post
>white straight men

>> No.41110816

>>41110783

How can one believe in evolution and homosexuality at the same time? I thought the left believed in evolution and science. What happened?

>> No.41110818

>>41110783
>No-one is censoring anyone.
>Now shut up.
You don't think ostracizing anyone with views counter to your own doesn't create a chilling effect?

>> No.41110822

>>41109938
>not using software because that guy did something on his personal life 8 years ago that offend your radfem views so you have to do a witch hunt and maybe make him lose his position so you can feel that you are a special snowflake who hate men and have daddy issues

>> No.41110829

>>41110637

This

If faggots were actually honest, sincere, and not obnoxious about the issue I would probably support fag marriage

Just say you want so marry a dude because you love him

But instead it's all MUH FEELS MUH BIGOTRY MUH HOMOPHOBIA MUH NAME CALLING MUH EQUAL RIGHTS MUH WITCH HUNT OF ANYONE THAT DISAGREES WITH ME

>> No.41110832

this is the face of leftism
these jacobins will spread to all walks of life if they are allowed to do so

>> No.41110835

>>41110798
you are ageist, and support grandmasexuality phobia

>> No.41110841

>>41110809
>Who's Shanley?
For the sake of your own mental health, I suggest you forget that name immediately

>> No.41110842

>>41110765
If it's a choice then homos can't be discriminated against the same way people who choose to marry themselves (in order to collect the benefits without any duties) aren't being discriminated against by disallowing this.

>> No.41110843

>>41110750
Nice opinion you have there, but rights are always being redefined. Shoutout to the UK for legalizing gay marriage recently. Feel free to continue your bigotry while gays get married in your state, wherever you're from.

>> No.41110847

>>41110829
>Just say you want so marry a dude because you love him

That's exactly what they want.

>MUH FEELS MUH BIGOTRY MUH HOMOPHOBIA MUH NAME CALLING MUH EQUAL RIGHTS MUH WITCH HUNT OF ANYONE THAT DISAGREES WITH ME

That's exactly what the people who don't want those guys to get married for love are saying.

>> No.41110854

>>41110809
Shanley runs http://modelviewculture.com/

She also has a gittip, donate today! https://www.gittip.com/shanley/

>> No.41110858
File: 110 KB, 1000x750, 1396312497628.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
41110858

>>41110803
Ad hominem.

>> No.41110866

>>41110801
>a witchhunt against someone whose opinion goes against the new social orthodoxy.

You shouldn't comment on things you absolutely haven't a clue on. Again, it's ridiculous how laxed a community is towards discrimination.

These people are deliberately denying rights to others. This isn't a witchhunt.

On top of that, you're suggesting discrimination isn't anything more than an innocuous opinion, which it isn't. Stop trying to place this shit in that light.

>> No.41110867

>>41110801
>On one side, we have a bunch of butthurt reactionary conservatives with a persecution complex that eclipses logic

This. I don't agree with all the criticism that he is being hit with, but i have noticed just how much this argument has brought out the "LIBRUL FAGZ ARE OPPRESING ME" idiots.

>> No.41110873

>>41110744
I'm not saying you have to agree with it, but if you're on the side of people dredging up his personal opinions and using it as grounds to mount a campaign to tank his career or force him to publicly repent, then yes, you're favoring a form of censorship. People should be able to be politically active without having their livelihoods derailed by their opponents. Deomcracy can't work if everyone's at the mercy of mainstream opinion, and what's happening now is extremely short-sighted, especially given how gay rights is pretty much a downhill battle at this point.

>> No.41110878

>>41110858
You are an ass hat.

>> No.41110882

I don't give a fuck about the CEO, he's not in charge of Firefox, Thunderbird or FileZilla development and that's enough for me

>> No.41110893

If I use Firefox, how can I be sure I won't be getting anti-gay banners and ads, heck, they might actually scan my files and see gay pictures on my hard drive, then delete it.
How can I trust Mozilla to not do this with a self-proclaimed gay hater on the helm?

>> No.41110896

>>41110866

Why are homosexuals attracted to male feces? Is there a biological purpose to it? Are male feces different from female feces in some way?

>> No.41110901

>>41110783
>But I'm still going to argue against wrong ones.
you mean against the ones who *YOU* think as wrong
yes, you can make a debate about that

>Close, it's discrimination.
Not really, there are many vaild anti gay marriage arguments

>> No.41110903

>>41110783
>I like diversity of opinions.
>But I'm still going to argue against wrong ones.

That's great. I'd love if you argued against Eich. However, what if you lost a promotion because of your political views. Would that be fostering diversity of opinions?

That is literally what liberals are doing to Eich.

These protesters don't want to argue against opinions they disagree with, they want them punished and silenced.

>> No.41110907

>>41110873
>I'm not saying you have to agree with it, but if you're on the side of people dredging up his personal opinions and using it as grounds to mount a campaign to tank his career or force him to publicly repent, then yes, you're favoring a form of censorship

Your definition of censorship is whack.

>People should be able to be politically active without having their livelihoods derailed by their opponents

That hasn't been true for as long as human beings have had governmental structures.

>Deomcracy can't work if everyone's at the mercy of mainstream opinion

I disagree completely.

>and what's happening now is extremely short-sighted

It was dramatically more short sided for the board to promote someone to CEO who had such a PR time bomb waiting around.

>> No.41110912

Mozilla should have stayed a foundation.

>> No.41110915

>>41109938
>What is the end goal of these faggots? Do they want anyone who doesn't share their views to be ostracized and blacklisted?

Yes, because they don't really care about freedom or equality. They just care about being special.

>> No.41110918

>>41110882
True Google is.

>> No.41110924 [DELETED] 
File: 269 KB, 616x1600, 1394339883999.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
41110924

>average faggot marriage supporter

>> No.41110925

>>41110858

Not all Ad Hominem arguments are necessarily invalid, especially one that calls into question the legitimacy of the other person. Such as in this case, where the guy was right in being suspicious of the source of your argument.

>> No.41110927

>>41110798
Why are some people attracted to feet?

I'd like to go a little off topic here. Fuck footfags. You guys have the worst fucking fetish and you don't even have the decency to feel ashamed about it. I see you guys on every damn board. The scat guys don't have the audacity to start threads about their shitty fixation. Learn from your betters. Seriously, fuck footfags.

>> No.41110930
File: 226 KB, 700x1090, adfuck.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
41110930

>>41110858
hax my anus
>he does not even know what Ad hominem is

>> No.41110932
File: 71 KB, 590x717, shanley_destroying_manchildren.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
41110932

More shanley.
Bottom to top, again.

>> No.41110935

>>41110770
What does it matter how much flack they attract? They're a non-profit company, aren't they? They don't have to kowtow to public opinion in order to maximize value for shareholders or some such shit.

>> No.41110939

Who cares?

>> No.41110944

>>41110912
but --- it is a foundation, Sir

>> No.41110948

>>41110637
Legislation decides what is a "right", of which has been decided as right for straight couples. The problem is, it's being arbitrarily denied for a group of people.

Now, please, take your irrelevant, misinformed bullshit elsewhere.

>>41110829
Just, you are so fucking ignorant.

>> No.41110949

What is the IQ of someone who believes in evolutionary science and believes in homosexuality at the same time? How can these two positions coexist?

>> No.41110951

>>41110930
oh the ironing

>> No.41110965

>>41110858
'All gays are pedophiles' isn't even an argument worth responding to

If it isn't bait and what you sincerely believe, I'm not gonna spend time proving you wrong because of how low you are as a human being

>> No.41110974
File: 54 KB, 529x547, 1396177108624.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
41110974

>>41110948

gr8 b8

>> No.41110976

>>41110965
All gays are obviously pedophiles.

>> No.41110979

>>41110927
>I'd like to go a little off topic here. Fuck footfags. You guys have the worst fucking fetish and you don't even have the decency to feel ashamed about it. I see you guys on every damn board. The scat guys don't have the audacity to

Wrong. Males are attracted to feet of nubile young females. Do you think you keep pics of grandmother feet in their Dropbox accounts?

>> No.41110980

>>41110907
>It was dramatically more short sided for the board to promote someone to CEO who had such a PR time bomb waiting around.

That's circular logic. "The complaints about this issue show that it's an issue."

>That hasn't been true for as long as human beings have had governmental structures.
So? Crimes happen all the time too but they're still terrible. People shouldn't have their livelihoods derailed by their opponents for their political ideology.

>> No.41110983

>>41110854
>She also has a gittip, donate today! https://www.gittip.com/shanley/
>$545.00 per week
My mom has a phd, and she makes only ~$1000 per month while that shit makes over $2000 per month only by the gittips

>> No.41110984

>>41110976
oh shit my sides

>> No.41110986

>>41110949
Much higher than the guy who only has a theist's strawman understanding of evolution.

>> No.41110987

>>41110949
What do you mean? That's perfectly fine, there's a correlation between the two.

>> No.41110993

This gay hate mongering on normal people is quickly becoming like the Salem witch trials, McCarthyism, and commie/red scares. Why the hell should I live in fear just because of how I may potentially "offend" a gay?

>> No.41110999

>>41110893
THEY'RE OUT TO GET YA!
!!!!

Evade such a dark future today, by using Google Chrome!
It supports gay marriage.

>> No.41111007

>>41110829
This to a T.

I didn't give a shit about gays or gay rights until they started the tumblr SJW privilege, all straight people are the devil, your rights end where my feelings begin, give me special treatment because I'm different but don't treat me like I'm different nonsense. Now I just want them eradicated so I don't have to deal with their shit anymore.

>> No.41111011

>>41110893
Because it's open source.

>> No.41111012

>>41110979
Butthurt footfag detected.
Men who are attracted to feet should be put in a sanitary ward. It's disgusting.

>> No.41111015

>>41110949
clearly homosexuality has an evolutionary benefit, or at least a neutral one, otherwise it wouldn't have existed in humanity since time immemorial, and literally thousands of other animal species

>> No.41111018

>>41110944
Then there wouldn't be a CEO. Eich is the CEO of Mozilla Corporation.

>> No.41111019

>>41110980
That's not circular logic at all. Anyone with half a brain could've seen that this was going to be a PR problem. And it was.

>People shouldn't have their livelihoods derailed by their opponents for their political ideology.

Why not? If they didn't want people to judge them for their personal opinion, they simply shouldn't express it. That's true for every single human being on this planet.

>> No.41111024

>>41111007
>all gay people are tumblrfags

>> No.41111025

>>41109938
thats exactly what they want, don't you know how liberals work? Nobody can have an opinion but them, even if an economy is ruined for it.

>> No.41111026

>>41111015
Homos can run faster

>> No.41111030

>>41110893
Adblock Plus yo.

>> No.41111031

>>41110867
>the "LIBRUL FAGZ ARE OPPRESING ME" idiots.

Liberals are trying to get someone to lose their job because they disagree with his political views.

I wouldn't go as far as oppression but people should be free to have their political views without retaliation.

>> No.41111035

>>41110816
That's the best you can do?

>>41110818
Disagreement isn't censorship.

>>41110829
>Gay people are upset about being discriminated against.
>Therefore I will discriminated against gay people.

>>41110901
>you mean against the ones who *YOU* think as wrong
No, obviously I'm going to argue against the opinions that Cleopatra thought were wrong.

>Not really, there are many vaild anti gay marriage arguments
Name one.

>>41110903
>what if you lost a promotion because of your political views. Would that be fostering diversity of opinions?
CEO's opinions aren't protected, because they are supposed to be representative of the company's goals. Having views that run counter to the aims of the company makes you a terrible choice for CEO.

>These protesters don't want to argue against opinions they disagree with, they want them punished and silenced.
In genral, It's a bad idea to make claims for the people you are arguing against. It doesn't help your case, and you run the risk of making strawmen.

>>41110924
Compelling.

>> No.41111041

>>41110924
why he has a black dick?

>> No.41111046

>>41111015
>clearly down's syndrome has an evolutionary benefit ...

>> No.41111047

>>41111015
>least a neutral one, otherwise it wo

Animal species also rape each other too. Should rape be celebrated too? Prisoners also have gay sex. Are they homosexuals too?

>> No.41111052

>>41111015
clearly pedosexuality has an evolutionary benefit, or at least a neutral one, otherwise it wouldn't have existed in humanity since time immemorial, and literally thousands of other animal species

>> No.41111055

>>41110866

It isn't his support of any anti-gay movements & organizations that i'm concerned with here, it's the harassment towards his place of business and extent to which people will go to show disapproval of the persons political stance, especially on something as tenuous as some distant link he once had to said group.

There is something simply childish about it and it's what rubs m,e the wrong way.

>> No.41111059
File: 471 KB, 1237x900, 1392366567740.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
41111059

What happened?

>> No.41111060
File: 19 KB, 460x345, SU-06-world2-EPA.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
41111060

Banning same-sex marriage to accommodate your religious beliefs is theocratic and unconstitutional. If conservatives are going to try and push such a prohibition, then they cannot complain about how unconstitutional gun control laws are.

>> No.41111065

>>41110999
>wake up
>wake up PC
>open Firefox
>go to Google
>see banner "Google Chrome supports gay rights to marriage!"
>go to sleep because I must be dreaming, nobody would fucking pick a browser over this crap

>> No.41111069

>>41111024
Have you seen any faggots telling the tumblrinas to shut the fuck up?

Silence is acceptance.

>> No.41111076

>>41110935
I don't think you understand what non-profit means. Non-profit doesn't mean they don't care about or don't need money; non-profits cannot function without money. If the money supply ceases to exist, so does the non-profit organisation.

They're being so pathetically apologetic because they're worried that people will stop giving them money if they don't get on their knees and beg for forgiveness for what their new CEO did more than half a decade ago.

Also, Mozilla is two entities - the Mozilla Corporation, and the Mozilla Foundation. The Mozilla Foundation is non-profit, the Mozilla Corporation isn't.

>> No.41111078

>>41110927
feet are awesome
me and my bf (I am a gril) are both footfags

>> No.41111080

>>41111060
Why can't everyone just be libertarian

>> No.41111082

>>41111069
yes, i have.

>> No.41111085

>>41111060

I did a Ctrl+F in our US Constitution, and couldn't find gay marriage anywhere. Can you help me find it?

>> No.41111088

>>41111031
What if he was a neonazi?
As the face of a public company you don't get to have whatever opinions you want. If you support something society finds abhorrent, you don't get to be a CEO. That's how it works, and many people find being anti-homosexuality (and contributing money to anti-homosexuality legislation) abhorrent now.

>> No.41111092

>>41111019
>That's not circular logic at all. Anyone with half a brain could've seen that this was going to be a PR problem. And it was.
It's circular because it doesn't actually justify the claim against him. It appears to be a problem, therefore it is a problem.

>>41111019
>Why not? If they didn't want people to judge them for their personal opinion, they simply shouldn't express it. That's true for every single human being on this planet.

It's not "judge" it's "derail the livelihood" that's a problem.

>> No.41111096

>>41110903

>some of us liberals try and see both sides, not just both sides of the same side :P

>> No.41111097

>>41111059
Biased comparison images happened

>> No.41111098

>>41111018
The mozilla foundation always had CEOs, Sir. It seems you're confused; any foundations shall have CEOs; foundations are not anarchic movements nor a communist party.
Well, even a communist party have someone like a CEO.

>> No.41111105

>>41110116
that was true up til last year. Recent studies have determined that gays exist in families to support those how WOULD reproduce. This is why the intron hasnt been eliminated from the gene pool.

Its science. And it makes a surprising amount of sense.

>> No.41111107

>>41111076
If it were just something he did once, that would probably not be a big deal (depending on what he did).

But his donation of money to a cause that many young people disagree with vehemently shows an opinion that he most likely still holds.

>> No.41111111

Why do fags have to stick their gay dick into everything?

>> No.41111116

There are too many #rude people in this thread. Have you all checked your privilege today?

>> No.41111118

>>41111015
Even detrimental traits can survive, as long as they aren't so detrimental that they prevent survival or reproduction.

>> No.41111119

homo morghulis

>> No.41111122

>>41111035
>Name one.
They will make kids to believe that living with the same gender is normal and that will make them homos

>> No.41111130

>>41111088
>What if he was a neonazi?
>As the face of a public company you don't get to have whatever opinions you want. If you support something society finds abhorrent, you don't get to be a CEO. That's how it works, and many people find being

What is up with liberals and their false equivalencies? Are they low IQ or something?

>> No.41111131
File: 221 KB, 1104x954, hippies.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
41111131

>>41111059
The counter-culture movement happened and transformed society.

>> No.41111134

>>41111111
Nice GET

>> No.41111137

>>41110965
Russian President: “All Gays Are Pedophiles”
If Putin says it.
It must be TRUE...
http://www.informationng.com/2014/01/russian-president-all-gays-are-pedophiles.html

>> No.41111138

>>41111116
YOU HAD ONE JOB

>> No.41111140

>>41111111
is this your fetish?

>> No.41111141

>>41111111
Fucking faggots

>> No.41111143

>>41111122
Okay.
Sorry I asked.

>> No.41111144

>>41111092
Why is it wrong that people are allowed to boycott things they don't like? That's the entire point of a free market - it decides itself which products succeed and fail.

>> No.41111145

>>41111111
rude

>> No.41111146
File: 1.93 MB, 235x240, 1358946393908.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
41111146

>>41111111

>> No.41111147

>>41111111
YOU DID IT CHAMP

>> No.41111149

>>41111116
>s4s fucked up the get
hue

>> No.41111150
File: 866 KB, 250x188, no.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
41111150

>>41111111

>> No.41111151

>>41111111

Oh god it's happening.

>> No.41111152

>>41111111
Dayum, fags confirmed for degenerate dick stickers.

>> No.41111153

>>41110294
>It moves faster because you're life is becoming more uniform and plain. When you do the same thing every day, you have nothing worth remembering so you remember less. When you remember less, time feels faster.

Not kidding: this post may have just changed my life.

I'm not even sure if it's true, but it does make a lot of sense. As I get older I've been noticing this to such an extreme degree; it seems to accelerate more and more with every year. And it really is directly correlated with the monotony and drabness of my life.

>> No.41111160

>>41111111
super #REWD

>> No.41111166

>>41111059

Reductive pic that seems to either ignorantly or willfully look over most of the argument to focus on a minor detail that is of no consequence.

>> No.41111167

>>41111111
Thread quality up by 400%

>> No.41111170

>>41111116
You failure, back to the shithole with you

>> No.41111172

>>41111116
fug /g/ is too fast :^(
By the way guys, you're invited to the [s4s] birthday party. It starts at midnight

>> No.41111175

>>41111065
is this real?
I can't see it

>> No.41111177

>>41110907
>Your definition of censorship is whack.

You have to do better than that.

>That hasn't been true for as long as human beings have had governmental structures.

If you were as cynical and backward-looking about gay people as you were about the idea of free speech you'd have given up having an opinion about this subject by now.

>I disagree completely.

Democracy doesn't work if minority opinion aren't allowed to flourish and be considered. No free speech and open exchange of ideas -> no free thought -> no democracy.

>It was dramatically more short sided for the board to promote someone to CEO who had such a PR time bomb waiting around.

I really think undermining a person's fundamental right to their own values and opinions in support of a social movement that doesn't need much of boost to succeed is more short-sighted and universally harmful than Mozilla's promotion of a long-time employee.

>> No.41111178

>>41111122
>implying that's at all how sexual orientation works
Are you a fundamentalist Muslim or something? Like how can you be that dense...

>> No.41111181

>>41111144

Liberals squelch any opposing opinion. Ever been to a college campus and tried to watch a conservative give a speech?

>> No.41111182
File: 334 KB, 500x265, 1393980593483.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
41111182

>>41110070
Hahah, it's so true. OKCupid should use no javascript on their website -- oh wait, that impacts their bottom line.

Typical SJW faggots.

>> No.41111185

>>41111111
Thread is kill, but there was nothing worth saving

>> No.41111186

>>41111151
[s4s] and /g/ poster here,
haha

>> No.41111187

>>41111098
No, the foundation has a boards of directors and the corporation has a CEO, Eich.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mozilla_Corporation
>Brendan Eich, CEO

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mozilla_Foundation
>The Mozilla Foundation Board of Directors has six members:
>Mitchell Baker (Chair)

>> No.41111192

>>41111111
I wish all the dick sniffers would leave this planet

>> No.41111194

>>41111031
>but people should be free to have their political views without retaliation

The only "retaliation" happening is people criticizing Mozilla for having a CEO who holds views that are widely considered hateful and bigoted. Should these people be censored? Should they be denied freedom of speech?

>> No.41111201

>>41110099
I'm glad that someone shares my sentiment. I'm tired of having to help those who wont help themselves. If you want to be like us then you need to get a job and pay taxes then we'll listen to you. I'm not required to indulge the opinions of liberalized teenagers.

>> No.41111209 [DELETED] 

>>41111144
You can't force people to not not use a product. That's also the free market.

>> No.41111212

>>41111167
Thank goodness it happened just as this thread was approaching the bump limit.

>> No.41111213
File: 132 KB, 683x1024, hi.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
41111213

Why aren't there more giantesses?

>> No.41111214

>>41111181
>OH NO PEOPLE DISAGREE WITH ME
>HOW DARE THEY

>> No.41111216

>>41111194
>widely considered
Not everyone supports you fudgepackers.

>> No.41111217

>>41111153
It is good advice. Do something different each day, even if it's choosing a different path to work/ supermarket.

>> No.41111220

Does anyone here actually dislike the fact that Eich voted for Prop 8?

I think OKCupid is overreacting, but I also find it odd that Eich has basically stood by his decision of doing something that would be considered not only ignorant but immoral by current standards. You don't have to like gays to accept that they deserve equal rights and treatment.

>> No.41111222

>>41111194
>ng Mozilla f

No, liberals are trying to ruin careers for views that oppose their own. There is no discussion of opinions. It's simply a witch hunt to strike down any opinion they find NOT OKAY.

>> No.41111223

>>41111178
How does it work then?

>>41108586
>>41108490

>> No.41111228
File: 38 KB, 248x283, 1333247516348.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
41111228

>>41110099
ca-ca-cant we all just be friends, I hate these angry liberals, i just wanna hug all the conservatives and liberals at the same time

>> No.41111229

>>41111166
>>41111097
>this much denial
go to any fucking gay parade and you can witness the inevitable disgusting public orgy from faggots
your denial doesn't automatically make it disappear

>> No.41111235

>>41111177
>No free speech and open exchange of ideas -> no free thought -> no democracy.

You are once again conflating my free speech of disagreeing with him as a form of censorship.

You are once again completely twisting the definition of censorship. You are trying to say that because people publicly disagree with him, and are willing to take action over it, that they are trying to censor his opinion. He always has the right to his opinion - and so do I.

>I really think undermining a person's fundamental right to their own values and opinions

I am not and have never undermined his fundamental right to his opinion or value. But I do not have to agree with it.

Stop trying to tell me that my desire to see him removed from his position is some sort of form of censorship. I, and many others, think his opinion is insulting and a black mark on the human race. I hope to see him and many others publicly chastised for this behavior until eventually we get rid of this kind of prejudice.

>> No.41111237

>>41111223
Uh it's pretty simple, you're gay or straight from birth, seeing a gay couple doesn't turn a kid gay.

>> No.41111238

>>41111220
>gays to a

What about polygamists? Why aren't liberals fighting for polygamists too? Why is it not LGBTP? You're not a bigot, are you?

>> No.41111240

>>41111059
so true

>> No.41111243

>>41111222
It's a bad idea for companies that value equality to pick bigots to represent themselves.

>> No.41111247
File: 45 KB, 500x500, obongo pc.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
41111247

>>41111111

>> No.41111248

>>41111237
>you're gay or straight from birth
You don't actually believe this do you?

>> No.41111249

>>41111167
you can't get more than 100% though

i find it so annoying when people say 110% or 200% or whatever. literally 100% is the maximum

>> No.41111251

>>41111220
They don't deserve equal rights and treatment.
And he's right in what he did, he has well the right to.

>> No.41111256

Gays are hilariously intolerant of people who don't embrace their degenerate ways.

Maybe if they weren't so insecure and buttthurt...

>> No.41111257

>>41111107
>If it were just something he did once, that would probably not be a big deal (depending on what he did).
Oh, it would. Leftists always need something to be complaining about; complaining about imagined injustices is the only thing which gives their lives meaning.

>But his donation of money to a cause that many young people disagree with vehemently shows an opinion that he most likely still holds.
What does his opinion on gay marriage have to do with Mozilla? What relevance does it have? Gay rights have absolutely nothing to do with Mozilla. Now, if he were refusing to hire gays because of their sexuality then that would be a different matter, but a one-time donation is an absolutely meaningless non-issue on its own. It's simply something for liberals to complain about so they can feel good about themselves; nothing more, nothing less.

>> No.41111259
File: 9 KB, 299x339, bugs.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
41111259

>>41111111
i'm checking them as we speak

>> No.41111260

>>41111237
>birth, seeing a gay cou

Show me the scientific literature that definitively proves the causes homosexuality. You do believe in science, don't you?

>> No.41111267

>>41111248
Have you tried fapping to gay porn?

>> No.41111270

>>41111238
I'm ok with polygamy if everyone involved consents, but unfortunately polygamy is often forced on women due to cultural and religious pressure.

The same issue doesn't apply to homosexuals/bisexuals.

>> No.41111272

>>41111249
You fucking idiot.

>> No.41111273

>>41111085
He's saying that the anti-same-sex marriage movement is rooted in religious principle and moral code.
Because such justifications are prohibited in government by the first amendment ("no law respecting an establishment of religion"), it would be hypocritical for a group that associates itself with constitutional rigor to ignore such a key component of our system.

>> No.41111274

>>41110181
at the same time its wrong to unrightly defame an entity. So no.

>> No.41111284
File: 82 KB, 250x249, bale.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
41111284

>>41111111

noice

>> No.41111286

>>41111251
>They don't deserve equal rights and treatment.
Why don't they?

Do niggers also not deserve equal rights and treatment?

>> No.41111287

>>41111216
I said widely considered, not universally considered. Work on your reading comprehension.

>>41111222
You didn't answer the question. Should people not be allowed criticize a company for doing something considered reprehensible?

>> No.41111289

YOUR EMPLOYMENT ENDS WHERE MY FEELINGS BEGIN!


VIVA LA EQUALITYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!

>> No.41111291

>>41111257
Gay rights have nothing to do with Mozilla. I've said this OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER and oh my god I'm getting tired of repeating myself.

I don't have to use Mozilla products. I don't have to support him. In fact, I choose to actively not support him. That means I will not use a product of the company for which he is CEO, especially as alternatives exist that don't have this issue at stake. It has nothing to do with Mozilla as a company; more of a mark against the idiotic board members who promoted him to CEO.

>> No.41111292

>>41111267
Yeah but the guy was pretty feminine and wore a skirt

>> No.41111295

>>41111222
>No, liberals are trying to ruin careers for views that oppose their own. There is no discussion of opinions. It's simply a witch hunt to strike down any opinion they find NOT OKAY.

Jesus, you'd think after this thread you'd stop being this damn stupid.

The entire shitstorm has been about Eich's stance on denial of gay rights. People aren't shitting on the guy because they don't like his fucking haircut, or he smells funny; it's because he's deliberately in support of PUBLIC legislation that is used to deny people equal rights.

That's discrimination.

You can continue to play the politically-indifferent, victimization "I'm just here to set the facts straight guys!", but you haven't any clue what this is about.

>> No.41111298

>>41111237
>seeing a gay couple doesn't turn a kid gay.
wow, this seem so scientific, 5/5

>you're gay or straight from birth
this is not proven, also see my links. That
kid wannted to be a girl because their lesbian ``parents'' gave him hormone blockers

>> No.41111304

>>41111096
I don't understand.

>>41111088
>If you support something society finds abhorrent, you don't get to be a CEO. That's how it works,

Are you so willing to invoke society if society disagrees with your view? Would it be OK if a gay person "didn't get" to be a CEO in a conservative area? Because most of the US and world still doesn't have gay marriage.

I'd bet you only accept society getting to determine who gets to be a CEO in ways like this because it agrees with your belief.

Although I think you bring up an important point with Nazis. 52% of Californians supported Prop 8 along with Eich. Comparison to Neonazis is inaccurate.

>>41111035
>CEO's opinions aren't protected, because they are supposed to be representative of the company's goals.
I'm not talking about the law. *You* said you liked diversity of opinions. Does that extend to CEOs or not?

>In genral, It's a bad idea to make claims for the people you are arguing against. It doesn't help your case, and you run the risk of making strawmen.

How is that a straw man? They don't want to argue with Eich. They want him to lose his job. Losing your job is punishment.

>> No.41111305

>>41111273

There is not such thing as gay marriage in our Constitution. Anyone who cites the 14th amendment is a confirmed idiot who's not a lawyer and should STFU.

>> No.41111312

>>41111286
>Why don't they?
Because my mother, father, grandparents and my country told me that 22 years ago.


>Do niggers also not deserve equal rights and treatment?
Depends if they're niggers or black people.

>> No.41111313

>>41111267
I've fapped to things you wouldn't believe.

>> No.41111320

>>41111248
>You don't actually believe this do you?
Of course not. Homosexuality is so totally a choice.
A choice you make when you're a homo and want to get it on with your own gender.

>but wouldn't you have to be a gay to choose to be gay?
Psh, come on. That would imply that people are gay from birth or something.

>> No.41111321

>>41111260
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21693676

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11910793

Took me 30 seconds, that's two of dozens. I'll wait while you try to think up a way to discredit peer-reviewed studies to further your personal worldview. Rekt ya bud.

>> No.41111325

>>41111287

Why aren't liberals criticizing mosques and people who donate to Muslim countries that kill gays? Because they're not white Christians?

>> No.41111326

>>41111267
I wasn't a tranny until I visited 4chan
thanks moot

>> No.41111328

>>41111291
>Gay rights have nothing to do with Mozilla. I've said this OVER AND OVER AND OVER AND OVER and oh my god I'm getting tired of repeating myself.
Then why does it matter?

>> No.41111333

>>41111289
>Posting the same ad hoministic bullshit

>> No.41111338

>>41111328
Read the second half of that post you're quoting.

>> No.41111350

>>41111333
>greentext oneliners
Two way road.

>> No.41111354

>>41111320
Did I say in my post that homosexuality was a choice?

>> No.41111358

Friendly reminder that every rechearch that shows that you born a homo is dissproven
let me find my links

>> No.41111359

>>41111321
>amn stupid.
>The entire shitstorm has been about Eich's stance on denial of gay rights. People aren't shitting on the guy because they don't like his fucking haircut, or he smells funny; it's because he's deliberately in support of PUBLIC legislation that is used to deny people equal rights.
>That's discrimination.
>You can continue to play the politically-indifferent, victimization "I'm jus

Nope. Do you understand causation and how to prove causality? Are you even a scientist? Are you familiar with the scientific method and reproducible studies or are you just citing whatever research that mentions homosexuality because you're low IQ?

>> No.41111368

>>41111298
It actually is all but proven. I doubt you know anything about prenatal hormones or fraternal birth order, but just because you're ignorant of something doesn't mean the answers aren't already out there.

>> No.41111371

>>41111298
Giving someone hormone blockers or other chemicals against their will is immoral and is not related to the other claim.

Here's some evidence that homosexuality is caused phenotypically. Hundreds of years ago, homosexuals were despised, hunted, arrested, and killed in most parts of the world. Many people who were aware of how supposedly unnatural and wrong homosexuals were, and also were not exposed to any homosexual situations (gay porn, gay couples kissing, even seeing or hearing any gay people) still ended up becoming gay. Much to their great guilt.

Why would such a thing happen? This doesn't necessarily show that homosexuality *can't* be caused by environmental factors, but it does show that in many cases people ended up becoming homosexuals despite there being absolutely no environmental factors that could encourage them to be so.

>> No.41111381

>>41111338
Doesn't answer my question. If the CEO's opinion on gay marriage makes absolutely no difference and has absolutely no relevance, then why does it matter?

>> No.41111382

>>41111320
>Homosexuality is so totally a choice
Where the fuck did he said that?
strawman much?

>> No.41111388

>>41111371
I know!
Homosexuality is a pandemic.
Makes perfect sense now.

>> No.41111390

>>41111111
Saving this thread. Saving it for hetero freedom and awesome gets.

>> No.41111394
File: 43 KB, 530x442, 1391818641577.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
41111394

>>41111325
Who cares if muslims kill each other. One less car bomber or pedo.

>> No.41111400

>>41111382
>Where the fuck did he said that?
You didn't. I did. Cause I totally think homosexuality can't be gene based or anything, it must be a choice.

>> No.41111403

What is the BIOLOGICAL PURPOSE for homosexuality? Still waiting for an answer here... (And no, don't say population control because you can eat a burrito or have sex with a burrito and it would have the same effect)

>> No.41111410

>>41111388
>357 replies
new thread >>41110399

>> No.41111411

>>41111325
Why do respond to questions with other question and non-sequiturs?

>> No.41111412

>>41111359
You asked me to link scientific studies supporting a biological cause for homosexuality, and I did. How about you find me some legitimate scientific studies stating the opposite? Nahhh, that's okay, right?

>> No.41111415

>>41111388
A pandemic caused by what though? Pure chance? Or genes?

Regardless of what you actually think of it (good, bad, neutral), you have to admit that many, many people for many hundreds of years have ended up being gay entirely against their will, and without any external factors that would cause them to be so.

>> No.41111423
File: 54 KB, 415x266, 1333325106208.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
41111423

>>41111292
>guy
>skirt
You'be learned nothing.

>> No.41111426

>>41111411

Why aren't liberals criticizing mosques and people who donate to Muslim countries that kill gays? Because they're not white Christians?

>> No.41111428

>>41111321
Those studies discuss both prenatal and post natal factors that affect homosexuality.

> It seems therefore that the prenatal endocrine environment has a significant influence on human sexual orientation but a large fraction of the variance in this behavioral characteristic remains unexplained to date. Genetic differences affecting behavior either in a direct manner or by changing embryonic hormone secretion or action may also be involved. How these biological prenatal factors interact with postnatal social factors to determine life-long sexual orientation remains to be determined.

>> No.41111429

>>41111381
I didn't say it had no relevance and made no difference. It does, that's why we're having this discussion.

I'm simply choosing not to support Mozilla while he is CEO.

>> No.41111432

>>41111415
>by what though
Probably some kind of gay animal or gay alien gene.

>> No.41111433

>tfw you support gay rights but you don't care about bullshit like this
I swear not all pro-gay people are like this. Most of us just want gay people to be left alone, it's just the vocal extremists who rage at everything.

>> No.41111454

>>41111429
>I didn't say it had no relevance and made no difference. It does, that's why we're having this discussion.
Then explain to me why it makes a difference and what relevance it has to Mozilla.

>> No.41111457

>>41111423
Damn, so it wasn't gay.
I guess I'll take bisexuality off my resume then.

>> No.41111458

>>41111412

Burden on proof is on you to definitely prove the causes of homosexuality. No scientist has found one. I bet you can though. Tell me what causes homosexuality. Show me a regression graph to prove your assertion. You do believe in science, don't you?

>> No.41111462

>>41111251
>They don't deserve equal rights and treatment.
Says you.

>And he's right in what he did, he has well the right to.
No-one is disputing this. We just think it makes him a poor choice of CEO.

>>41111256
>Gays are hilariously intolerant of people who discriminate against them.
Gee, I wonder why.

>>41111291
Mozilla claims they do.

>>41111304
> *You* said you liked diversity of opinions. Does that extend to CEOs or not?
CEOs can believe whatever they like. But their views can make them poor choices to be CEO of a company with opposing goals.

>How is that a straw man?
I didn't say it was.
I just said you shouldn't put words in their mouth.

>>41111325
They are?

>>41111358
>let me find my links
Okay, I'll wait.

>>41111381
>If the CEO's opinion on gay marriage makes absolutely no difference and has absolutely no relevance, then why does it matter?
If it was, then it wouldn't. Would it?

>> No.41111464

>>41111432
Let's say homosexuality and autism are both genetic.

Should autistic people deserve equal rights to non-autistic people? If not, why not? If so, why should autistic people deserve equal rights and homosexual people shouldn't?

>> No.41111468

>>41111140
HA!

>> No.41111472

>>41111433
It's the vocal extremists who are responsible for gay rights even being taken seriously by the majority. A persecuted minority doesn't win rights by being quiet and non-confrontational.

>> No.41111476

>>41111426
>Why am I forming irrelevant strawmen in a thread about an American CEO?

>> No.41111478

>>41111464
But neither are genetic so this shit doesn't matter.

>> No.41111483

>>41111235
>You are once again conflating my free speech of disagreeing with him as a form of censorship.

You're free to disagree with him, however...

>Stop trying to tell me that my desire to see him removed from his position is some sort of form of censorship.

Making someone's ideas untenable by campaigning to have them lose their job over it is censorship, full stop. I'm not telling you to accept what he believes, I'm saying the cost of tactics like these to a free society are higher than what it achieves in the short term. You'd be crying foul if someone were harassed out of their job over of promoting gay rights, but if you accept the majority gets to tell you what you're allowed to believe you'd have no option but to roll over and accept it. That was the condition of gay people for much of the past, and entrenching this kind of thing will harm other causes in the future.

>> No.41111494

>>41111472
THIS
Breaking laws and upsetting people is, actually, the road of social progress.
Seriously, look at any other right movement.

>> No.41111495

>>41111472
Yeah but at this point, violently attacking anyone simply for disliking homosexuality is not going to win any points. It's just going to make the whole LGBT movement look petty and set back the progress that has been made.

>> No.41111496

>>41111478
Neither are genetic? Really?

>> No.41111511

>>41111458
I just linked two studies that I guess you didn't read. Homosexuality is a complex phenomenon that is influenced by several factors, a very strong one being fraternal birth order.

Burden of proof is on YOU to definitely prove that homosexuality is simply a choice, because there's been no evidence to date of that. At all.

>> No.41111512

>>41111305
First amendment, buddy. I was just explaining the original guy's argument. You might want to tone down that rabidity.
Although the 14th amendment could be used, too. Look at how we've stretched the interstate commerce and elastic clauses. Would it really surprise you if the same could be done with the 14th amendment's "life, liberty, or property" phrasing?

>> No.41111530

>>41111483
>Making someone's ideas untenable by campaigning to have them lose their job over it is censorship, full stop

No it isn't. I'm not campaigning anything. I'm just not using Firefox. If there was a petition for his resignation, I'd probably sign it. I've already sent a letter to Mozilla's board asking for them to think carefully about their intended messages.

>You'd be crying foul if someone were harassed out of their job over of promoting gay rights

Because the basis of such prejudice is completely arbitrary in nature; they don't like gay people because they historically haven't.

If someone can demonstrate some actual scientific evidence or study demonstrating that homosexuality is actually harmful to the human race, then we can talk again. But that hasn't happened, ever, so I'm not holding my breath.

>> No.41111535

>>41111433
No, that makes you indifferent You sit by discrimination and just bat a fucking eyelash. You play the "I want everyone to get along" by doing absolutely nothing.

If you knew anything about what has happened is that this CEO has publicly supported (that means he voted for) anti-gay legislation.

You can sit back and think people are just "Raging" at shit like this, but your indifference will NEVER help anything.

>> No.41111548

>>41111428
http://isites.harvard.edu/icb/icb.do?keyword=k78405&pageid=icb.page414413
shitlord

>> No.41111552
File: 250 KB, 816x816, 1356248780207.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
41111552

>>41111111

>> No.41111570

>>41111511
I think you're straw manning the other guy. He's not claiming it's entirely a choice, he was responding to

>>41111237
who said
>you're gay or straight from birth,

Which your studies definitely disprove.

>> No.41111573

>>41110798
>has never banged a septagenerian
You huge faggot.

>> No.41111574

>>41111495
>Yeah but at this point, violently attacking anyone simply for disliking homosexuality is not going to win any points.

No one is violently attacking anyone. No one in this thread has demanded Eich's head on a fucking pole. Stop trying to make people out to be something that they're not.

>> No.41111576

>>41111495
Who's being violently attacked? Mozilla is suffering social backlash because they've hired a CEO with views that are rapidly becoming seen as being just as hateful as opposing interracial marriage. And that's an apt comparison. Would you be surprised to see extreme backlash if it came out that the CEO of some big company had donated to a campaign to reinstate miscegenation laws?

>> No.41111578

>>41111511
not him

>to definitely prove that homosexuality is simply a choice
no one claimed that on this thread

>> No.41111581

Why do gay people exist?
Is it just to piss heterosexuals off?
Is it just some kind of malefic joke from some interstellar being?
Or do they have some actual natural purpose?

>> No.41111582

>>41111495
Publicly boycotting a product is not violently attacking.

>> No.41111586

>>41111535
I accept that there are people out there with shitty opinions, but I don't think that going on a witch hunt after them is going to make the movement look good. Gay people by and large have the public's support now, so the better thing to do is to simply take the high ground.
Do I think he's a shitty person for donating to anti-gay causes? Absolutely. Do I think that means that he shouldn't be the CEO of a company? No.

>> No.41111588

>>41111535
Pretty much this

It's only gays with comfy lives who talk like this and ignore the importance of the push for equality. When you're severely beaten on the street in a hate crime, when you're fired from a job or prevented from visiting your partner in the hospital for being gay, it won't be that easy.

>> No.41111593

>>41111511
you did not said anything about >>41111428

>> No.41111595

Sometimes I think if all the transexual tumblr SWJ's that /pol/ mentions are even around in real life same with all the cis scum that tumblr and reddit mention.

>> No.41111599

>>41111111
>>41111111
>>41111111

>> No.41111601

>>41111581
Your mother asked the same question about your birth.

>> No.41111609

>>41110524
implying I don't already have her as a gf.
And I met her on /adv/
true story.
ever heard of mausi from /b/?

>> No.41111611

>>41111581
>Is it just some kind of malefic joke from some interstellar being?
Some days I wonder that about this site.

>> No.41111616

>>41111548
Interesting article but I don't understand why you linked it to my post.

>> No.41111620

>>41111609
No I haven't.
I don't use 4chan.

>> No.41111629

>>41111620
I envy you.

>> No.41111638

>>41111601
Eh, you're acquainted with my mom? How peculiar.

>> No.41111639

>>41111428
you are wrong
https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080927022933AAOcJzf

>> No.41111644
File: 48 KB, 400x400, 1373371629606.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
41111644

>>41111111

>> No.41111661

>>41111428
http://www.examiner.com/article/epigentic-research-shows-gay-people-are-born-that-way

>> No.41111674

>>41111593
I don't know what I'm supposed to respond to, the quoted text just backs up my statement that homosexuality is a complex phenomenon influenced by several prenatal and postnatal factors, and is anything but a wilful choice.

>> No.41111680

>>41110720
join the libertarian mustard-race

>> No.41111688

>>41111530
>Because the basis of such prejudice is completely arbitrary in nature; they don't like gay people because they historically haven't.

You didn't read the rest of the sentence. If conservative activists launched a successful campaign to throw someone out of their job for privately donating to support gay rights, would you accept it? Should their opinion be allowed to win solely because they were loud enough to intrude into his professional life?

If not, this is a precedent you're helping to set, and it won't always be in your favor. Do you think the short-term gain of getting Brendan Eich fired is worth that?

>> No.41111690

>>41111428
http://www.amazon.co.uk/forum/science?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx1T07TQNGI7K2U&cdThread=Tx19PIQHA5SO0M3

>> No.41111692

Gays are only gay because being heterosexual is too mainstream.

>> No.41111697

Why are people arguing over whether being gay is a choice? What does it matter? If it's a choice, then it's a choice people should be free to make.

Though I can't imagine why some kid in Hicksville, Alabama raised in a fundie household would choose to be gay. Or even more so, why people in Middle Eastern countries where homosexuality is punishable by death would choose such a thing.

>> No.41111717

>>41111674
>and is anything but a wilful choice
nobody here said that it was a choice

>> No.41111720

>>41111697
>Though I can't imagine why
People are pretty dumb,you know.

>> No.41111747

>>41111428
https://santitafarella.wordpress.com/2008/09/11/born-gay-yet-another-major-scientific-study-finds-differences-between-gay-and-straight-brains-and-this-study-shows-the-difference-in-brain-areas-scientists-believe-have-little-plasticity/

>> No.41111751

>>41111697
>Why are people arguing over whether being gay is a choice? What does it matter? If it's a choice, then it's a choice people should be free to make.
This. I've always felt this way.

>> No.41111767

~~reply to this post~~
~~if you're gay~~
~~and loving it~~

>> No.41111775

>>41111697
Why are people arguing over whether being eating drugs is a choice? What does it matter? If it's a choice, then it's a choice people should be free to make.

>> No.41111795

>>41111767
no
>>>/youtube/

>> No.41111814

>>41111775
I'm not sure what point you're trying to make. People should be free to do drugs if they want to.

>> No.41111828

>>41111111
good point m8

>> No.41111829

>>41111697
>>41111751
You have to look at it historically. Because in the past, homosexuality was widely seen as simply a matter of wilful moral degeneracy.

>> No.41111858

>>41111688
>If conservative activists launched a successful campaign to throw someone out of their job for privately donating to support gay rights, would you accept it?

It doesn't matter whether one "accepts" it. It is what it is. If social conservatism came back into vogue, then yes, you would expect institutions to change to reflect that. That would be unfortunate however, as social conservatism and social liberalism aren't just two ethically neutral sides of the same coin. One of them is the morally right outlook to have, and the other is wrong. Can you guess which is which?

>> No.41111867

>>41111829
I think the logic is more like: if it's a choice, then people can be influenced to be gay. But honestly that doesn't make much sense to me either. Clearly one's preferences (sexual or otherwise) are pretty deep-seated, and the fact that there are so many anti-gay people makes me fairly certain that it would be hard to "convert" anything but a small minority of people.

>> No.41111869

>>41111680
Sorry, I like my big spending and infrastructure.

>> No.41111930
File: 159 KB, 525x496, nigger tongue my anus.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
41111930

>>41111111

>> No.41111984

>>41111930
>nigger tongue my anus
>>>/prog/
stay there

>> No.41112020

>>41111858
>Can you guess which is which?

Yes, I can, and I feel it's at least the one thing I can agree with you about, but:

>you would expect institutions to change to reflect that.

Imagine for a moment, that we didn't need to expect things like this. That people could hold outsider values and have them debated in the open without fear of having their careers wrecked and being publicly ostracized. Wouldn't that be better than exploiting politics for what they are now and waiting for it to screw you or future generations in the future when the pendulum swings back the other way?

>> No.41112061

>>41111111
Interesting point of view.

>> No.41112104

are we still going on about this?

Personal freedoms are greater than assumed hurt feelings. Put your big girl panties on homosexs

>> No.41112139

>>41112020
>Imagine for a moment, that we didn't need to expect things like this. That people could hold outsider values and have them debated in the open without fear of having their careers wrecked and being publicly ostracized. Wouldn't that be better than exploiting politics for what they are now and waiting for it to screw you or future generations in the future when the pendulum swings back the other way?
You just perfectly summed up my feelings on this. I dislike this guy because of his views, but I don't think he should have his career ruined over it.

>> No.41112197

>>41112020
Again, this guy doesn't just hold unpopular beliefs. He acted on those beliefs to oppose the civil rights of a minority. He actively contributed to making other people's lives shittier.

>people could hold outsider values and have them debated in the open without fear of having their careers wrecked and being publicly ostracized
What kind of debate do you want? Are you open to the possibility that you're wrong about gay people deserving the right to marry? Do you think you think any amount of arguing with creationists could conceivably change your stance on whether the earth is 6,000 years old? There's such a thing as having too open of a mind, you know.

>> No.41112477

>>41112197
>He actively contributed to making other people's lives shittier.

You can frame any political or social activism like this. If everyone started drawing red lines demarcating where others' ideas were harmful and no longer deserve to be listened to, you'd end up with an extreme version of the earlier idea of whatever group that's in power using institutions to do everything possible to shut everyone else up each time power shifts. There are examples of this all over the world and most of them aren't democratic, peaceful, or otherwise pleasant to live in.

>What kind of debate do you want? Are you open to the possibility that you're wrong about gay people deserving the right to marry? Do you think you think any amount of arguing with creationists could conceivably change your stance on whether the earth is 6,000 years old? There's such a thing as having too open of a mind, you know.

Debates aren't just for the people involved, they're more for the people watching. No, most people on both sides aren't going to have a revelation and reverse their opinions, but relatively neutral outsiders evaluate both platforms and decide their own opinions, and that's a valuable process and better than the alternative. To the best of my knowledge the court of public opinion has had a large role in gay rights getting this far without a crippling reliance on campaigning to get people fired for disagreeing.

>> No.41112509
File: 20 KB, 674x138, Capture.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
41112509

top fucking kek

>> No.41112544
File: 26 KB, 622x470, Capture (4).jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
41112544

>>41111111

praise be to saint iGNUcias

>> No.41112773

>>41110195
Nobody cares about how you feel. Grow some balls.

>> No.41113067
File: 21 KB, 640x360, ur gona git banishd m80.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
41113067

>>41111111
epik

>> No.41113393

Homosexuality serves zero biological purpose. You cannot believe in evolution and homosexuality at the same time. You do believe in science, don't you?

>> No.41113487
File: 86 KB, 402x402, zuck1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
41113487

>>41111111

>> No.41113631

>>>/global/rule/3

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
E-mail
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
reCAPTCHA
Action