Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

2017/01/28: An issue regarding the front page of /jp/ has been fixed. Also, thanks to all who contacted us about sponsorship.

/g/ - Technology


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
File: 89 KB, 1600x900, 1390546139825.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
39804182 No.39804182 [Reply] [Original] [archived.moe] [rbt]

"GNU slash Linux"

>sayign the slash out loud
>ledasha because the dash don't be silent
>not pronouncing it GNU Linux

>> No.39804331

>not saying slash out loud

>> No.39804362

>not calling it liGNUx

>> No.39804396

>>39804182
Do you say "GNU Linux"?

>>39804362
Say that to my face and I'll hurt you.

>> No.39804417

it's pronounced gah-new slash lin-ucs

>> No.39804447

>>39804396

Yes.

Like the film "Frost/Nixon", do you call it "Frost slash Nixon"?

>> No.39804463
File: 120 KB, 1600x900, 1390547149809.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
39804463

>not optimizing your syllable usage

>> No.39804475
File: 217 KB, 460x450, 1390547186704.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
39804475

> Not just calling it Linux

>> No.39804483
File: 104 KB, 1600x900, 1390547210590.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
39804483

>>39804463

>> No.39804495

>>39804463
hahaha i'm dying

>> No.39804499
File: 135 KB, 1600x900, 1390547271784.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
39804499

>>39804483

>> No.39804506

>>39804463

>implying a barely distinguishable voiced velar stop makes it audibly different from Linux

>shig the dig

>> No.39804516

>>39804447
>do you call it "Frost slash Nixon"?

Yes. You don't?

>> No.39804603
File: 62 KB, 320x269, 1390547680561.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
39804603

"well, you can call me Ray, or you can call me Jay...."

>> No.39804655

>>39804516

>being this autismal

>20 slash 20 vision
>9 slash 11
>Either slash Or
>slash etc slash hosts

>> No.39804745
File: 427 KB, 1250x802, 1390548116456.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
39804745

>>39804447
It's uncommon, but this is not the only case where the "slash" is spoken. On a related note, is anyone else surprised at the lack of GNU/Linux slash-fiction?

>> No.39804787

>not calling it "guh-noo plus linux"

>> No.39804795

>>39804396
Stallman doesn't.

>> No.39804828

GEE EN YOU PLUS LINUX

>> No.39804833

It's pronounced Ganoo + Shit, morons.

>> No.39804864
File: 3 KB, 255x191, f831d9b9-ed8f-4742-8b02-637600263.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
39804864

>tfw never used Linux

>> No.39804866

I just call it Linux OP, because that is what it is. Nothing in the GPL license states I must include "GNU"

>> No.39804896

>>39804864
Why would you want to use a backwards circlejerk OS solely designed and run by neckbeard dropouts? You're not missing anything.

>> No.39804904

>>39804866
>calling it linux
>undermining all the work richard stallman has done
>undermining your freedom

you dont deserve to use gnu/linux you filthy peasant

>> No.39804924

>>39804904
>undermining all the work richard stallman has done
I don't use emacs
>undermining your freedom
I use BSD/MIT/LGPL software for my work anyway

>> No.39804939

>>39804655
>>20 slash 20 vision
Yep.

>>9 slash 11
That's a date, I presume. It is read "the ninth of November".

>>Either slash Or
But this is how it actually should be said.

>>slash etc slash hosts
Again, skip the slashes near me and I'll hurt you.

>> No.39805020

>>39804939
>ninth of november
Go back to yurop Nigel

>> No.39805021

>Linux-based system
Problem?

>> No.39805034

>>39804182
da slash don't be silent

>> No.39805066

>>39804896
Ubuntu > OS X

>> No.39805084

>>39805066
✓ Nice
✓ Epic
✓ I like it

>> No.39805109

>>39805084
>your posts
✓ gay
✓ retarded
✓ no one likes them

>> No.39805117

>>39805084
I was reluctant to try Ubuntu because of how shitty OS X is (and Unity sort of looked like it)

But I must say I am impressed, plus freedoms.

>> No.39805131

>>39804904
How about Stallman write a kernel that works instead of piggybacking on some Finnish faggot's coattails.

>> No.39805135
File: 2.94 MB, 740x416, 1390549509355.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
39805135

>>39805109
You're lying.

>> No.39805203

>>39804182
fuck gnu. if anything it should be linux / gnu since without linux, gnu would be nothing.

>> No.39805218

THEY VOTE
THEY BREED
THEY LIVE AMONG US

>> No.39805234

>>39804745

I'm surprised by the lack of GNU/Linux rule 34.

>> No.39805235

>>39805203
i'm going to severly fuck you up

>> No.39805247

>>39805235
truth hurts doesnt it fanboy

>> No.39805250

Isn't this slideshow confirmed fake?

>> No.39805256

>>39804182
oh my fucking god. lets forget about this fucking gnu slash linux bullshit and move on with our fucking lives. who gives a fuck.

>> No.39805262
File: 72 KB, 540x405, 58a3053672aeaba9c718623ac03a19b6.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
39805262

I tried introducing my family to GNU/Linux. I wiped out Windows on the old computer and I asked them if the wanted Ubuntu because they're beginners. Not even fucking Ubuntu. Why does my family hate freedom, /g/?

>> No.39805299

>mfw I use BSD tools with Linux

it's BSD/Linux for me suck it up GNU fags, you GNU to this?

>> No.39805303

>>39805262

Because they have to work to feed your fat ass.

>> No.39805323

>>39805303
I'm studying Engineering at my Uni. I'll be feeding their fat asses soon.

>> No.39805332

>>39805234
Doesn't Japan have a massive hardon for windows? That might be the reason.

>> No.39805362

>>39805332

They just flock to whatever system has the most VNs. Just like how PC-98 was popular there.

>> No.39805383

>GNU GPL family is on the "extremely strict" side of FOSS
>MIT & BSD family are on the "extremely loose" side of FOSS

Why doesn't /g/ discuss licenses that strike a good balance between the two, such as the CDDL?

>> No.39805421

>>39805383
Because it's not GPL-compatible. Which is dumb shit reason why stuff like ZFS will never be available for Linux.

>> No.39805423

>>39805383
because these threads are FSF zealot circlejerks. wouldnt surprise me if FSF donations went to pay their internet to spam places with this inane garbage.

>> No.39805461

>>39805135
No dude, sorry, I don't think anyone actually likes your posts.
I'm not even the other anon.

>> No.39805468
File: 184 KB, 850x882, 1390550737783.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
39805468

>All Linux is under GNU
Also, i should start calling my chair wood/chair, and my dick UrMumsPussy/Dick

>> No.39805504

>>39805468
the worst part is that you are pretty much exactly right. the only "freedom" is their "freedom". fuck you creating your own, gnu freedom or gtfo

>> No.39805533

>>39805504
it's pretty much communism

>> No.39805794
File: 24 KB, 450x270, 1390552196547.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
39805794

>>39805533
pretty sure its just autisim. an argument could be made for authoritarianism.

>> No.39805877

>>39805504
the worst part is, that the whole interwebs runs on gnu software and you wouldn't even have any interwebs without gnu

>> No.39805964

>>39805877
typical zealot response. the internet doesnt run on gnu... routing/switching/carrier conversion is almost all done on proprietary hardware/software.

>> No.39806794

>Not calling it GNU+Freax

>>
Name (leave empty)
Comment (leave empty)
Name
E-mail
Subject
Comment
Password [?]Password used for file deletion.
reCAPTCHA
Action