Quantcast
[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / g / ic / jp / lit / sci / tg / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports / report a bug ] [ 4plebs / archived.moe / rbt ]

Due to resource constraints, /g/ and /tg/ will no longer be archived or available. Other archivers continue to archive these boards.Become a Patron!

/g/ - Technology

Search:


View post   

[ Toggle deleted replies ]
>> No.66167708 [View]
File: 2.98 MB, 1474x1600, 1505289395622.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
66167708

>>66167607
This.

>> No.66105914 [View]
File: 2.98 MB, 1474x1600, 1505289395622.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
66105914

Good thread.

>> No.65500836 [View]
File: 2.98 MB, 1474x1600, 1497562988382.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
65500836

Gmail without a Phone number.
You can make a google account without a phone!. spread the word.
While making an account, select Angola as your country and its done!.

>> No.64913676 [View]
File: 2.98 MB, 1474x1600, 1505289395622.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
64913676

Bump

>> No.62403789 [View]
File: 2.98 MB, 1474x1600, rms glory.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
62403789

>> No.61861734 [View]
File: 2.98 MB, 1474x1600, 1490961937901.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
61861734

>>61856827
>>61861708
>>61860259
>>61859847
>>61859568
>>61859550
>>61859412
>>61859380
>>61857124
>>61857116
>>61857567

>> No.61539736 [View]
File: 2.71 MB, 1474x1600, 1470009532146.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
61539736

Back to page 1 with you.

>> No.61464382 [View]
File: 2.98 MB, 1474x1600, 1495857347812.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
61464382

>>61464328
PS both firmvare and hardwere must be Free/Open to not rape your Freedom

>> No.61432582 [View]
File: 2.98 MB, 1474x1600, glory-of-gnoo.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
61432582

>>61432265

a good number of them get paid

but the joy of sharing is fine as well

>> No.61276249 [View]
File: 2.71 MB, 1474x1600, 1494575856943.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
61276249

First for Freedom.

>> No.61145946 [View]
File: 2.98 MB, 1474x1600, 1497821486800.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
61145946

>>61142848
I found out about gnu screen, now that is all I use

>> No.61139674 [View]
File: 2.98 MB, 1474x1600, 1497821486800.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
61139674

>>61139098
>>61138985
Please KYS now
after fucking off back to /v/
technology board looks more like pajeet support skype by the second

>> No.61128111 [View]
File: 2.98 MB, 1474x1600, 1497821486800.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
61128111

>>61126605
Holy shit that's bad. Glad I don't use Windows.

>> No.61091131 [View]
File: 2.98 MB, 1474x1600, 1497821486800.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
61091131

>>61083007
The 1TB ones are slightly more expensive than the 3.5 inch ones of the same capacity, but it's totally worth it. I have 4 of them in my desktop and two 2.5 inch 500GB SSDs, for a grand total of 5TB only taking up the space that 2 or 3 of the 3.5 inch ones would.

>>61083048
Speed is irrelevant when you're talking about HDDs anyways. All of them are slow as snails and trying to buy one that's slightly less slow is fucking retarded. Buy HDDs for long term data storage and SSDs for speed. You don't use a wrench to pound in nails, do you? Buy the right tool for the job.

>>61083076
Same. My 2.5 inch HDDs have all lasted about 20% longer than the 3.5 inch ones. I have no idea why.

>>61083815
They can cause airflow problems if there are too many in the case. Servers are meant to get hot as fuck and always be on, and most are kept in temperature controlled rooms. Desktops are not enterprise level servers.

>>61084538
Why do you need a 10TB drive? Why not just buy 5 of the 2TB drives and create a home server? Seems ridiculous to hoard that much data on one drive. I'm a data hoarder with about 50TB of storage in my house.

>>61085086
Your performance must be down the toilet. You might as well use a flash drive.

>>61088347
Monster.

>>61090023
I'm collecting important documents and software. Decades from now there will be retro tech museums, and I hope that I'll be able to contribute rare PDFs of documentation for old computer systems, old operating systems like beta versions of OS/2 and Windows, all sorts of Plan9 forks, the original Mac OS and dev builds from the 80s, and a wide assortment of programs for them. I even have images of Android that run on the iPhone 2G/3G and the original iPod touch, and all of the old jailbreaking and rooting tools that I could find. I even have some of the Windows 2000 source code. It would be a shame to let these amazing pieces of history be lost.

>> No.61082772 [View]
File: 2.98 MB, 1474x1600, 1495857347812.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
61082772

>>61081707
this.
Supporting freesoftwere by uShit is typical cargo cult.

>> No.61076983 [View]
File: 2.98 MB, 1474x1600, 1497821486800.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
61076983

>>61076874
Was about to cream, until you brought up sublime text

>> No.61076461 [View]
File: 2.98 MB, 1474x1600, 1497562988382.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
61076461

>it is the year 2017
>i boot up my cloveros install on my thinkpad and load up my browser, netrunner to browse nyaapantsu with chiru.no playing Gee Gee Gee in the background when I get a notification that someone replied to my post on /g/ as well as a message on Tox about a link on /g/tracker and praise Stallman for this blessing

>> No.61028897 [View]
File: 2.98 MB, 1474x1600, 1497821486800.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
61028897

>>61027446
IN THE NAME OF STALLMAN I SMITE YOU DOWN!!!!

>> No.60964447 [View]
File: 2.98 MB, 1474x1600, 1497562988382.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
60964447

>> No.60917907 [View]
File: 2.71 MB, 1474x1600, 1496855897345.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
60917907

>>60917877
I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

>> No.60613486 [View]
File: 2.98 MB, 1474x1600, 1468290986788.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
60613486

https://www.hyperbola.info/

>>60610352
Fuck off shill. Install Hyperbola (when it's ready)

>> No.60604516 [View]
File: 2.71 MB, 1474x1600, 1472503413337.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
60604516

>>60604057
I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

>> No.47996837 [View]
File: 2.98 MB, 1474x1600, 1405532713029.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
47996837

and another:

>Nevertheless, it evokes cult.

>As a result, an old and a man: the old evokes geezer, and the man has an evolve into tool use animal. For that reason, the man may wank. Finally, it may wedge door open. Doubtedly, it may kiss his boyfriend. For that reason, it may kill specific group. On the other hand, the old is also known as an elderly. By all means it is also known as an oldermost.

https://word.camera/i/Q4Jl1w3PM

>> No.43557908 [View]
File: 2.98 MB, 1474x1600, 1405675801560.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google] [report]
43557908

>>43550043
>I tried.
No you did not ... try harder ...



Navigation
View posts [+24] [+48] [+96]