[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/fa/ - Fashion

View post   

File: 842 KB, 350x260, 1429138865222.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9999071 No.9999071 [Reply] [Original]

>tfw almost 22 and still have bad acne

Please help. What's the secret? How do I make this stop for good, no bullshit?

>> No.9999085 [DELETED] 

this goes skin care general:

>>/9990045/

oh, btw: see a dermatologist (a skin doctor), and don't let anyone on 4chan decide for you regarding Accutane.

>> No.9999087

>>9999071
How much Vitamin A and Zinc are you getting?

>> No.9999091

this goes in skin care general:

>>9990045

oh btw: see a dermatologist (a skin doctor), and don't let anyone on 4chan decide for you regarding Accutane.

>> No.9999093

End Yourself

>> No.9999191

Accutane. That shit is as close as you can get to a miracle drug.

>> No.10000159

>>9999071
accutane shits worked good for my brother

>> No.10000167

>>9999191
>>10000159
doesn't that involve been given a prescription?

what if they don't give me the prescription?

>> No.10000274

>>10000167

hi im fat and super unhealthy and even they game me a prescription

i had to take the pills over a year and now i dont have any acne anymore only my skin is dry as fuck and i have scars from my bad acne from back then

i was 24 when i started using the pills

>> No.10000279

>>10000274
How bad was your acne tho? I'd say mine is moderate but recently seems to have got worse. I don't know how bad it has to be to get a prescription though.

>> No.10001398

>>9999071
wash your face often, i used to wash my face every two hours when i was in highschool, it helps a lot. Skincare products never worked for me and i was scared of using pills because they say it can fuck up your liver but if you want to try pills go ahead, i knew a guy who had REALLY bad acne and now he is completely clean because of the pills

>> No.10001724

Clay masks and making sure you don't dry the shit out of your face when you wash it. Tea tree, lavender, and eucalyptus oil also help a lot but it depends on your skin type

>> No.10001782
File: 552 KB, 499x618, shiny pepe.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Accutane will be the quickest and most efficient. But it does have some side effects, best discuss with your doctor.

If it's not "that" bad. You can try bactrim and various exfoliants.

People telling you to wash your face a ton are idiots. Your face will just produce more and more oil and you'll constantly be drying out your face and just end up with premature aging.

What works for me is Hada Labo lotion and milk, the lotion being a moisturizing fatty acid that soaks into the skin and melts blackheads. Greatly minimized the pores on my nose. The "milk" is just there to seal everything and to keep dirt out and moisture in.

Every other night I use Paula's choice 2% Salicylic acid exfoliant with an 8% AHA exfoliant. Paula's choice unanimously makes the best 2% on the market, while you'll have to look up reviews and find what 8% works the best for you. I apply 5 drops of each on palm, wipe palms together and apply to skin. Be careful not to spill.

After those 2 dry. I apply my Hada Labo lotion and Snail Bee high content steam cream. I swear to god, you use the snail bee shit and you'll wake up with your skin feeling like it was kissed by god.

Next I add a anti-oxidant oil, whether its some C-serum or Passion fruit seed oil is how my skin is feeling. C-serum takes away red spots but if used too much it loses effectiveness.

Lastly I use Hada Labo milk to seal it all in so my pillow doesn't just absorb everything.

On "even" days, I keep it simple, mix Retin A 1% Micro and Hada Labo Lotion. Seal with milk.

Don't over exfoliate. It's tempting and just don't do it, you'll get wrinkles that don't go away real quick. You'll know when your skin is really sensitive and painful. At that point, just take a break.

Only over the counter pills I know to help are Zinc, but long-term zinc usage will make you feel addled and disoriented. So I don't suggest it.