[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/fa/ - Fashion

View post   

File: 1.67 MB, 320x226, fa crew.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9996200 No.9996200 [Reply] [Original]

ok, so this thread is going to be all about getting ideas and images up to create a new sticky, or redo the sticky we currently have

>> No.9996220

OP here: I want to make the sticky more centered around the ungodly large amount of fashion archetypes we have: gothninja, normcore, palewave, lunarcore, all of that shit

the picture we have on young-stalin were fashionable, but that was 2010. The key is to make a sticky and make infographs that aren't centered around what's fashionable, but what are archetypal, because archetypes tend to remain the same. Workwear/heritage is going to remain the same, because it has for decades

but that'll come later, first, we gotta start with basics. This includes Body types and Hair types

>> No.9996239

OP:

I thought up of this on the spot, but this could be a cool starting point, what do you think??
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Intro
- Dictionary (have basic terms here along with names of designers maybe?)
- Color Theory (get some infographs)
- Fuccboi General (use this as a FAQ)

/fa/ mods past and present (maybe talk about our mods here?? Only suggesting cause I only remember like, 4)

Hair
- Curliness (1A all the way to 4C)
- Color (duh)
- Thickness (duh)

Body
- Height (Manlet to Lanket)
- Weight (Skelly to Tumblr)
- Shape (Hourglass, Oval, all of that shit)
- Race/Ethnicity/Color (pretty obvious)

Clothing
- Brands (review brands)
- Fit Index (maybe talk about how the clothes run on bodies)

Accessories
- Brands (again, review brands)
- EDC (take inspos from EDC threads)

>> No.9996242

I support this fully. This thread will not be archived on my watch.

The issues I've identified are:
- The sticky doesn't "scream" as much as it should. It should bring some serious attention to itself, because the creation of a lot of shit threads could be prevented by simply reading the sticky. The optimal would be if the board rules + a link to the sticky was a bit more visible right next to the make new thread window. "Notice: 'where to buy' questions go in W2C general" or something. Not quite sticky-related but anyway.

(A stricter punishment for creating OT-threads should be considered, too...)

- The sticky is a bit dated, and a bit too basic. Also, the pictures doesn't load in the thumbnails.

- Is the admin even reachable? We should try to reach the calebsevern guy.

Other than that I think the sticky is OK for beginners... What is exactly the issues with it in your opinion?

>> No.9996256

OP:

Then we would have an Inspo thread, but the Inspo portion would be more about archetypes because, despite fashion, which fluctuates, archetypes do not fluctuate. Sure, they go in and out of fashion, but this would prevent the sticky from sucking after a year and a half

>> No.9996282

>>9996242
Sticky is broken and outdated, we should just start from scratch.

We need to give some advice for beginners, signs of wether or not a piece fits, actual advice on silhouette, colorpalettes, actual advice on what to wear to fit your type, like skin tone, figure and hair color/style wise.
And we really need a new list of shops, the old one is outdated and just plain bad advice by now.

>> No.9996291
File: 3 KB, 125x100, capsule wardrobe - palewave.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9996242
OP:

my issue with the sticky, is that it's main focus is "what's fashionable and what looks good currently". It's a very good idea, until that trend passes, and then the sticky just looks outdated and disgusting. The key is, to make a sticky that doesn't point out what is fashionable, but rather what are "fashions" that can go in and out of style, but remain pretty much the same.

Take example this palewave capsule wardrobe inspo picture, it's most definitely going to fall out of style someday, but this will always remain a "good palewave inspo pic". Saying, "this picture is fashionable", will make the sticky look outdated in a few years. Saying "this is an example of a palewave outfit", will make the sticky look way more presentable for a much longer time

>> No.9996299
File: 150 KB, 1000x800, capsule wardrobe - palewave.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9996291
lemme expand that picture for ya m8y

>> No.9996312
File: 940 KB, 854x4826, Common Suit Features.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

OP:

we could also add in this stuff too, and I figure anything involving fit should go in the Intro with the fuccboi general FAQ. It would have images like pic related

Inspo
- Celebrities (Images of /fa/ celebs)
- TV and Film (Movies or tv shows with /fa/ characters)
- Manga (for those fresh vaporwave fits bruh)
- WAYWT (If a large number of /fa/gs like a picture, it can go into the sticky upon request)
- Trends and Archetypes (here is where we would put a majority of the "fashion" and "style" related things)

Grooming and Cologne

Brands (I forgot, we could totally review these, or maybe just get it from basenotes)

>> No.9996322

What about getting some of the more fashionable tripfags as curators like steam does it, not that I want to encourage an uprise of tripfaging, but I think a few pages of fashion advice and inspo from "accepted" members of our "community" could be fun.
Just think about a "Hucks recommendations" section.

>> No.9996325

OP:

gonna eat, then I'll come back to this

>> No.9996329

add one massive section dedicated to sizing for common projects im tired of seeing multiple threads and post asking the same thing.

Size down if u have normal/narrow feet and go TTS if your feet are wide.

Also a section about CP alts would be good too.

>> No.9996330
File: 398 KB, 500x282, oops there go my pants.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9996322
great idea m8 :)

>> No.9996332

>>9996325
>2k15
>/fa/
>eating

>> No.9996339

>>9996200
bunch of idiots did the last one not too long ago

what are you bunch of idiots oin to replace it with?

incoherent ramblings and more tips on how to dress like a virgin teen who doesn't wash his hair or his acne denim because someone told them they were raw (which they arent)

>> No.9996341

>>9996239
in regards to actual clothes
how sizing works should be included
i.e. issey miyake uses a 1-5 sizing system
Schneider uses 1-6 iirc

>> No.9996345

We should have a big ass list that answers questions of what the most /fa/ x is, to prevent those bullshit lists.
Most fa…
fruit - pear
color - beige
music genre - indie rock
liquid - gasoline
animal - badger

And so on, just some fixed answers for this shit so we don't have to deal with those threads everyday.

>> No.9996346

>>9996325
u don't need to inform us, and you don't need to write OP: constantly lol

>> No.9996347

>>9996322
interesting idea i just don't think any of the trips who know anything about fashion would be interested in doing that, i can see it going south really quickly

>> No.9996352

>>9996339
we'll leave the incoherent ramblings to you, sieg
you are, after all, one of the people who is most proficient at it. you can be one of our new shitposting curators.

>> No.9996356

>>9996347
I'm afraid the only ones who'd like to do it are the ones who shouldn't, but imagine if we'd get some good tripfags on board there, I mean most of them probably LIVE on this board anyways, so why not leave an imprint?

>> No.9996377

OP:
abandoning this thread guys, it was a dumb idea, sorry

>> No.9996384

>>9996377
OP:
I didn't realize that this method could be abused.
Please disregard this post:
>>9996377

lol

>> No.9996394

OP:
Disregard this post,
>>9996384
I suck cocks

>> No.9996395

>>9996356
are there any knowledgeable trips on the board now?

>> No.9996410

>>9996345
Hyenas are def the most /fa/ animals

>> No.9996416

>>9996410
OP:
I disagree, it's probably the baboon. In the animal kingdom, blueasscore is hot right now.

>> No.9996429

What about adding resources to learn about fashion more in depth? like recommended reading and information on designers, history, etc?
Just something to help bring up the base of knowledge.

>> No.9996446

>>9996395
dada,/fa/cist,pf all come to mind

>> No.9996458

>>9996446
does dada still post?

btw permab& posters dont count lol>>9996200

>> No.9996523
File: 164 KB, 500x343, wheel of versace.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

OP: back from dinner :3

>>9996332

how can you expect me to pass up on leftover chicken stew b01? shit's the bomb, 's why I eat it the next day too bish

>>9996346

advise taken, no more OP here's :)

>> No.9996564
File: 235 KB, 826x1169, take-preppy-6.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

So I really liked how the faggot store had an introduction. I also really hate how young-stalin DIDN'T have an introduction. when I first started to get into fashion, oddly enough, the intro helped me a lot because just "getting into fashion" is horrifying and can easily backfire and turn you into a fedora wearing "classy gent". We need an introduction to the sticky, something to help fuccbois find out what their "taste"(aesthetic) is and how to go about acquiring it

>> No.9996586
File: 109 KB, 500x665, cool ass headwear.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Having a good intro to the sticky will

>1. help out those who want to get into fashion and are clueless
>2. dramatically reduce the amount of shitposting seen on the board

I remembered I wanted to start eating healthier, but I didn't know where to start, so I read /fit/'s sticky and I feel much better and my skin is less oily. A good intro might seem pointless to us, but I think it's not only necessary for it to be made, but I think it should also be right on the home page to greet anyone who is curious about fashion

>> No.9996594
File: 212 KB, 800x541, american psycho axe.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

how the fuck do we get in contact with the admin of tuxbell??

>> No.9996598
File: 270 KB, 444x600, sex with a pharaoh.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

We can also totally have a section filled with /fa/ may-mays if we want

>> No.9996616

>>9996598
I'll take the chance and ask what prep means.

>> No.9996650

>>9996416
Blueasscore, so hot right now

>> No.9996651
File: 145 KB, 950x1267, yves saint laurent men's leather jacket.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Elaborating on what I posted earlier: INTRO

Dictionary - there should maybe be two dictionaries.

One dictionary is meant to look up designers. It would hyperlink to any information we have on that designer, the quality of their clothing, any collaborations they've done, how they size their clothing, if it's made in a factory that sucks dick, shit like that. This would be the fashion designer dictionary.

The other dictionary would be filled with definitions of styles and looks and archetypes. This would include heroin chic, slackercore, shit like that. This dictionary would also have definitions of terms we use, like ITT: and SJW: and other abbreviated shit that I feel like everyone should no by now, but for some reason or another, not everyone knows quite yet.

>> No.9996676
File: 83 KB, 426x640, Kunihiko Morinaga 8-bit pixel 2.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

INTRO

Color Theory - this is fairly obvious, but, ideally, this would extend into skin color as well. I'm a mixed raced kid, and I learned about color saturation the hard way. Having a color theory that focuses(or is centered) more on varying shades of skin color would be super beneficial, and probably not all that difficult either.

>> No.9996729
File: 121 KB, 500x301, fucc boiardee.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

INTRO

Fuccboi General - here would be where fit is elaborated on as well as answering some pretty basic questions. Of course, fit would also be mentioned in any archetype that applies to it, such as loosewave, but fit would be broken down most here in the fuccboi subsection; talking about the pros and cons of tailoring dependent on if you have a professional outfit or a relaxed more casual lazyboy outfit, how much you should be spending on getting your objects tailored, and how to identify if something fits you based on how the article of clothing should falls on your body. The actual fuccboi general portion would cover basic shit like, do I wear a fedora, wear can I get this Bart Simpson Mandela shirt, and why should I not buy from yesstyle?

>> No.9996748

>>9996220
Look at the catalog, no one reads the fucking sticky.

THIS BOARD NEEDS MUCH HEAVIER MODERATION

>> No.9996763

>>9996458
he posts in nearly every waywt thread he just doesn;t use trip/name

>> No.9996768
File: 635 KB, 1852x1865, crotch tie.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

/fa/ mods and trips:

I think it'd just be nice to list all of /fa/'s mods and trips, ya know, give them acknowledgement. Like, thank bateman for his inspo, that tripskank for her inspo, even just have a list so people know who we're talking about if anyone ever brings up the name "casemods"

also, I forgot that I said we could totally have may-mays in the sticky. Maybe in the fuccboi general? pic related

>> No.9996845

>>9996768
mods yes, trips no

>> No.9996874
File: 253 KB, 620x945, Wanny-Antonio-Di-Filippo.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

HAIR - here we'd talk about two things, how to identify your hair, and how to take care of it.

>how to identify it

This can be broken down into three traits. Color, Curliness, and Thickness. If you have more categories, please include them. Color is just either natural(blonde, brown, black), or un-natural(blue, blue, and more blue, it's always fucking blue, it's like a rite of passage I swear). Curliness would just be ranking it from 1a to 4c. Thickness, I'm not really sure how to check for it myself, so let's just go to the next category

>how to care for it

Here is where we'd talk about shampoos, conditioners, gels, mosturizers, no-poo, haircuts, any sort of hair treatment pills, razors, whatever the fuck girls do to make there hair curlier/straighter, hair dyes, all of that shit. Come to think of it, facial hair should also be covered in this too. Facial hair would be how to shave with a straight razor, a safety razor, and a basic bitch gillete tier razor. I guess aftershave would get reviewed as well, do people even use aftershave?

>> No.9996890

yo, I keep posting and now 4chan is making me go through this extended verfication. why? like, now I have to start selecting images to verify that "i'm not a robot". fuggin annoying

>> No.9996897

>>9996890
sounds like you got some serious problems anon XD XP

>> No.9996916
File: 1.07 MB, 1000x1500, ali outfit tumblr.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

BODY:

This would probably be more centered around tailoring and listing certain designers that would benefit different body types. I know uniqlo and j crew button down shirts don't fit me because I'm a skinny dude, but I'm also really tall and they fit like shit in the sleeves. But dependent on the body shape, there can be suggestion on how to accentuate any good features and diminish any bad features. Also, this is where color theory would come in. Finding the best colors to compliment the skin color of the body. Everyone says black people are more fa, but you'd be surprised on how certain colors are just plain shit on a black dude and pure gold on a white dude

>> No.9996920

>>9996897
I'm not just some anon....i'm OP ;)

>> No.9996922

>>9996916
some people on HONY are actually pretty /fa/

>> No.9996936

>>9996916
>Everyone says black people are more fa
i don't know anyone who says this
it is also a lie

>> No.9996972

I think considering /fit/ get to have a dinosaur on their sticky, we should at least get an animated penis

>> No.9996982

>>9996972
OP here: noted

http://img164.imageshack.us/img164/1253/dongdancevs9.gif

>> No.9996992

>>9996982
I like it

>> No.9996998
File: 329 KB, 1000x1367, lanvin advert.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

CLOTHING

so I thought of two parts to the clothing section

1. BRAND OVERVIEW

This would summarize and analyze a brand. This is where the hyperlink would send you from my comment made here >>9996651 The brand overview would discuss the history of the brand, the quality of the brand, any significant changes to the brand's image or quality, and of course, /fa/'s opinion of the brand.

>> No.9997027
File: 164 KB, 765x662, how to tell if a suit fits..jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

CLOTHING

so here's the second part I thought of

2. FIT INDEX

this is reflective of anon's comment here >>9996329 the whole point is to be able to look up a specific garment by said designer and see how it fits, or how the product "runs". Using anon's example as, well, an example, There would be a picture of an achilles low and the description of the item would say

NAME: Achilles Low
BRAND: Common Projects
COLOR: White, Black, Brown, Grey, Navy
FIT: Size down if feet are narrow. True to size if feet are wide
RETAIL PRICE: $350-$400

if anyone has any suggestions as to what to add, please reply to this post

>> No.9997041
File: 32 KB, 520x413, clasp.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

accessories is pretty much the same shit as clothing. I was going to put EDC inspo in with it, but that belongs in Inspo with WAYWT thread inspo

>> No.9997076
File: 158 KB, 650x895, chuck norris action jeans.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

INSPO

so easily one of the biggest parts of this new sticky, so I'll be covering it in steps, also, cause like, fucking no one is on this board am I'm trying to give this shit traction

CELEBRITY, MOVIE, TV, and MANGA

pretty obvious, but /fa/mous characters or people, whether fictional or not, will be posted here. Don't think I need anymore elaboration on this

>> No.9997085

Maybe have the /skin/care general FAQ be in the new sticky as well?

Wiki:
Skin care basics: http://tuxbell.com/index.php?title=Grooming#Skin-care_Basics
Acne treatment: http://tuxbell.com/index.php?title=Grooming#Acne_Treatment

Skinacea Links:
Retinoids: http://www.skinacea.com/retinoids/retinoids.html
Sunscreen: http://www.skinacea.com/sunscreen/sunscreen.html
Ridding dark eye circles: http://www.skinacea.com/how-to/get-rid-of-dark-circles.html

FAQ:
Recommended products and applications: http://pastebin.com/XeBKDSMZ
Dark circles: http://pastebin.com/t796eKvr
Soap, pH, irritants, and synthetic detergents: http://pastebin.com/51yse1NE
Popping pimples: http://pastebin.com/MufDiSfy
Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation: http://pastebin.com/GXYPdwMf
Skin tone and diet: http://cdfile.cf/f/6a48b61e.txt
Causes of acne: http://pastebin.com/tudaKWmN

>> No.9997108
File: 170 KB, 960x640, EDC by Coach.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

INSPO

WAYWT and EDC

If enough people give a positive comment on a fit or EDC, and people request it to go into the Sticky, then that image will be included in the Inspo portion of the Sticky. It'll be tagged a certain archetype if the fit originated in an archetypal inspo. For instance, if someone posts a great palewave fit in a palewave thread, and everyone loves it and requests it in the Sticky, it will go in the Sticky under the sub-section Inspo, under the sub-sub-section WAYWT, under the sub-sub-sub-section -palewave-.

>> No.9997119

>>9997085
good idea. Maybe under body? Make a new category maybe? Have a grooming and hygiene category? what do you think?

>> No.9997142
File: 324 KB, 800x533, thom.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

u boys should use a tinychat or something to get this done efficiently

Here are Thom Browne's Suiting Guidelines:
http://www.oki-ni.com/features/thom-browne-suiting-styling-guide

If I can add anything to the new sticky it would be this

>> No.9997152
File: 593 KB, 2382x2491, Just What the Fuck is Dadcore Anyway.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

INSPO

TRENDS AND ARCHETYPES

so here's the big thing. The inspo will be broken up into sub categories. It's this breaking up and dividing process that's going to make the Sticky live longer. If a certain look becomes out of style, then just don't click on that inspo, but there will still be aesthetic-specific inspos in the Sticky to look through, therefore making the Sticky still useful as time progresses and things that were once fashionable, are now no longer.If you have a normcore inspo, a healthgoth inspo, and a kidcore inspo, and you were super into healthgoth, but now kidcore is becoming huge and you don't fuck with healthgoth anymore, you just go to the kidcore inspo. The Sticky didn't become outdated, because the Sticky is just a filing cabinet for multiple style archetypes and you just went from one folder in this cabinet, to another folder in the same cabinet. It's exactly this that going to make our Sticky successful.

>> No.9997171
File: 169 KB, 500x582, raddist glasses ever.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9996200
>>9996220
>>9996239
>>9996256
>>9996291
>>9996299
>>9996312
>>9996325
>>9996330
>>9996523
>>9996564
>>9996586
>>9996594
>>9996598
>>9996651
>>9996676
>>9996729
>>9996768
>>9996874
>>9996890
>>9996916
>>9996920
>>9996982
>>9996998
>>9997027
>>9997041
>>9997076
>>9997108
>>9997119
>>9997152

5 hours including a dinner break, but I've completed what I think would be a killer sticky. Please add to this, whether it be comments, concerns, questions, or emotional outbursts

>> No.9997188

>they're making another sticky
>again
Just stop, nobody reads that shit.

>> No.9997242

>>9997188
I do, you fucking moron.

>> No.9997246

>>9997171
You're a good guy OP for compiling all this info. Are you a mod/janitor? If not, hopefully none of this goes to waste if they don't see it.

>> No.9997250

The sticky needs to be less autistic, which doesn't seem to be the direction this is going.

>> No.9997283

>>9997246
not a mod, janitor, or trip, but have considered making a name for myself on here many a time

thanks dude :)

>> No.9997309
File: 142 KB, 1496x1368, 1433919551557.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9996598

>> No.9997327

>>9997309
you're my fav namefig tbf

>> No.9997628

>>9997171
I think we need to include information from the past sticky as well. Just compile all the suggestions into some beta pastebin and we can build off that. Plenty of more people need to contrib. It would be a good thing to contact Caleb and see that your work in these threads will actually be carried on to the wiki and not be ignored.

>> No.9997757

>>9997246
at least janitors cannot go public with the info that they are janitors. just fyi

>> No.9998303
File: 3 KB, 125x93, don't you 404 on me.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9996242
>>9996282
>>9996322
>>9996329
>>9996341
>>9996345
>>9996347
>>9996356
>>9996429
>>9996972
>>9997085
>>9997142
>>9997242
>>9997246
>>9997628

help think of other stuff that can go in the sticky. Throw in pictures you might want in, add a segment you'd want to see, elaborate on a segment I already discussed, do whatever to keep this thread afloat

>> No.9998323

>>9996312
>- Celebrities (Images of /fa/ celebs)
>- TV and Film (Movies or tv shows with /fa/ characters)
>- Manga (for those fresh vaporwave fits bruh)
All this is /fa/ board culture and shouldn't appear in the sticky. The sticky is just a bunch of basic stuff for people who want to get into the board's subject (fashion for the present case).
Everything superficial should be removed from the sticky and only be discussed on the board itself (especially memes and shit).

>> No.9998332

>>9998323
Seconding this.

Writing about "most effay animal" or whatever makes it look like it's somehow on topic. Those conclusions are also highly subjective, and serves only to feed the off-topic beast.

The sticky should cover basics. Basics on fashion.

>> No.9998333

>>9996322
"acknowledged" poster here.
This will quickly turn to shit, and we must avoid it at all costs.
The majority of famous posters are known for their OOTDs (which may be excellent), not for their theorical knowledge. They actually won't be much help for a newfag who wants to know about the essentials.

>> No.9998356
File: 25 KB, 380x500, Marisa Mell-Glasses 3.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9998303
Perhaps add a:

1) DIY section where sewing techniques, inspo, patterns, info on different kinds of materials etc can be found.

2) Business section where info can be found on starting up a company, become a model or a designer or whatever.

>> No.9998368

>>9996200
Realistically it should have information that doesn't date fast, so including microtrends would be fucking stupid.
The focus should be on colortheory and silhouette, because those are really the two most important things when it comes to looking good in your clothes. Color theory is fairly straight forward but silhouette fuckery is such a broad subject it would be kinda hard to give a quick rundown for someone who isn't in to fashion.

>> No.9998389

>>9998356
>1) DIY section where sewing techniques, inspo, patterns, info on different kinds of materials etc can be found.
>2) Business section where info can be found on starting up a company, become a model or a designer or whatever.
This kinda of stuff is just dumb.
The whole point of sticky is that it's a starting point for dressing well, not some be-all end-all boardculture site for /fa/, if someone wants to start diy-ing clothes or getting in to modelling, 4chan is just awful place to start really, any fashion forum hardly would be a good place to start.
Internet already has a TON of information for those who seek it, including absolutely fucking everything that even remotely touches fashion will make the sticky a fucking mess and hard to navigate for beginners.
Same thing with the colleciton of mangas and celebrities, that really has absolutely nothing to do with fashion, inspo aside, and is not very beginner useful or friendly information at all.
Even having collection of inspo pics is kinda bad idea in my opinion, examples fits for color theory or silhouettes can be useful to really get the point through but this is just so unnecessary.

>> No.9998395

>>9998368
do people actually discuss silhouette? where do i read up on it?

>> No.9998409

>>9998389
I think /vg/, aside from being shit, has the right idea how to make good 'stikcies', just go there and pick pretty much any random thread and the first post just has collection of links about the the thread subject that make ti very easy to navigate and find information on the subject with not much hassle. Very little in-depth stuff, because that is irrelevant for beginners and the threads, like this board, exist for a reason, to discuss the subject, so the sticky doesn't even need to cover anything.
For example, some basic skincare tips might be good to have there but we basically have regular skincare threads here now constantly so the sticky just plain simply doesn't have to cover the entire subject.
/fit/ sticky is another good one, very short list of topics that covers the basics for beginners, that's all you need.

>> No.9998415

>>9998395
Here, very little but at least in my opinion it's one of the more important things when dressing well. Some sort of guide focusing on what not to do and how to take your body to account I think would be beneficial for someone who wants to get into fashion.

>> No.9998690
File: 106 KB, 578x712, exclusive shit.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9998323
>>9998332

This is great. any DIY threads and "What is the most /fa/ ____" threads should be kept to 4chan and off the sticky. those threads are too opinionated.

>> No.9998712

>>9998389
Expanding a bit on this, please add a small section on advance clothing info (i.e. clothing construction)

Include terminologies, whats a "hem"? "Rise"? What constitutes a blind stitch?

Separate to 3 main sections (tops bottoms and footwear).

Footwear is one of the main things i'd like to see addressed. Whats a proper leather shoe construction? Whats a derby? How is it different from an oxford? Why shouldn't i buy that glued on asos leather derby? Is stitchdown superior?

If you wanna go into sneakers, whats a margom sole? Whats a cup sole? Are all sneakers made with a cup sole? Etc

For shoes particularly there are tonnes of inforgraphs on the web if you could google it.

>> No.9998754
File: 986 KB, 333x184, excuse me while I become fabulous.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9998712
maybe have a section or introduction of DIY. It can be a part of the fit section under how to measure yourself??

>> No.9998868

>>9998754
>maybe have a section or introduction of DIY. It can be a part of the fit section under how to measure yourself??
I think just linking sites with actually good information on DIY would be a good idea, the sticky should be just collection of the most essential information and links.

>> No.9998870

>>9996200
i volunteer to write a thrift section

>> No.9998879
File: 7 KB, 301x168, images.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

TACKINESS section must be added

>> No.9998885
File: 1.26 MB, 2448x3264, this is a 40 year old man.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9998879
mmmm do tell

>> No.9998887
File: 8 KB, 329x153, images.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9998879

>> No.9998898
File: 7 KB, 200x200, index.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9998879

>> No.9998900

>>9998690
>"What is the most /fa/ ____" threads should be kept to 4chan and off the sticky. those threads are too opinionated.
But they shouldn't, those threads are always dumb, contribute nothing and just shit up the board.
The idea is not actually looking for the most /fa/ anything, but to prevent those threads from being made, with having fixed answers.
Example:
>OP: Haii /fa/, what's da most effay fruit??!?
Responses:
>Read the sticky
>Pear
>Read the fucking sticky
>Pear, obviously
>Pear
>A Pear
/thread

>> No.9998905
File: 10 KB, 207x240, polka dot.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9998879
and so on

>> No.9998914 [DELETED] 

>>9998885
This may look off in the context of juvenile fashionista board, but in real life, it looks normal. And btw I'm in my 30s still

>> No.9998916
File: 225 KB, 1536x2048, 11357053_121524331512365_2239198383474240279_o.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9998885
This may look off in the context of juvenile fashionista board, but in real life, it looks normal. And btw I'm in my 30s still

>> No.9998926

>>9998900
>implying fixed answers to questions about personal preference would stop people from starting those threads

>> No.9998934
File: 1.29 MB, 2040x1566, fa starter pack.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Maybe add this?

>> No.9998940
File: 247 KB, 1000x800, memochrome starter pack.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9998934
And this as well

>> No.9998946

>>9998916
then why contribute if you acknowledge that you're against the grain of this board?
Why even come here in the first place?
>I'm in my 30s still
At what point will you feel you've surpassed what this board has to offer you?

>> No.9998957 [DELETED] 
File: 460 KB, 408x1212, 1434645935073.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9998934
Get it thru your thick skull that it would look 40000 times cooler if those shoes were not muh New Balance
This is 2015 ffs, get some sense of timing

>> No.9998962

>>9996242
If you are a newfag following the sickies advice you would drift towards MFA. It's plain bad advice, the sticky should be very clear on what basic shit you can get to not look like a retard, what the very first things you cop should be, right down to the specifics- like X shoes are great to start with because they go with Y and Z which you should also buy. The sticky right now doesn't really tell you what you should be buying when you are just starting out.

>> No.9998977

>>9998957
I didn't make that infographic you NB hating goon

>> No.9998986

>>9997188
Nobody reads it because it's outdated as fuck

>> No.9998995

>>9998957
igor, no one appreciates your posting here. please go.

>> No.9999078

bump for importance

>> No.9999217
File: 398 KB, 480x238, swag.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

b

>> No.9999224

>>9999078
>>9999217
this is a slow board.
No need to bump this often.
Wait until p 8 or so

>> No.9999277

>>9998879
OP here:

This "tackiness" section would go under the brand description. The brand description would have a county of origin, year established, and "what /fa/ thinks of it". This would be the tackiness section

>> No.9999523

>>9998962
If OP could interject, I think it's exactly that action of just telling someone what to wear that has made Tuxbell such a shitty sticky. If you tell someone what to wear now, the sticky will not apply to someone who tries to join fa in 2017. You can't just say "this is fashionable", you have to say "these are various styles and they go in and out of fashion"

>> No.9999642
File: 31 KB, 512x288, unnamed.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9996200
Also, should I make a name for myself that way I don't feel obligated to sound like an asshole and introduce myself as OP all the time even though you guys really don't care if I introduce myself or not?

>> No.9999689
File: 140 KB, 640x360, sunshine.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9999642
It sure would be handy

>> No.9999723

>>9998303
http://ma.tt/2015/02/tom-fords-15-things/
tom ford's quick list

>> No.9999730

>>9999642
obviously you humble bastard

>> No.9999803

I hope I can help, this is my personal inspo but i hope it helps
http://pastebin.com/P3nt8JSF
Here i have some inspo if you need something in particual, but the most interesting stuff is in info/stores.jpg and a /fa guide to NB.
In /colors i have some interesting gradients you can use.

>> No.9999983
File: 62 KB, 553x768, 0080584652f33a0b74a9e576a7a9efa7.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

If i get the time to do so i can compile a short list of places to shop in S.Africa

>> No.10000061

What about posture?

>> No.10000090
File: 72 KB, 720x479, 10526044_689928721061598_3434336859755523458_n.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9999983
wrong pic fuck

>> No.10000105
File: 113 KB, 554x554, 15 man essentials.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

shitpost
>>9999723

>> No.10000119

>>9999983
fat thighs, short legs

>> No.10000129

>>9999983
jacket doesn't fit
jonahhill.jpg

>> No.10000182

>>9996312
infographs like this should not be posted. instead, there should be a corporatecore or suit section.. most here i suspect hardly wear suits

>> No.10000199 [DELETED] 

>>10000105
Stopped reading at tweezers

>> No.10000202
File: 230 KB, 1126x1148, 1358080630794.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Sorry but this concept doesn't work at all. The focus shouldnt be about what's fashionable in regards to the era we live in, but what's fashionable no matter what era. It should be full of information on basic fits and stuff that is essential to the average person's wardrobe. That's all.
If the sticky is full of palewave and rafdidas, it will be useless

>> No.10000226

>>9999523
Well then make sure the sticky is updated regularly so this doesn't happen

>> No.10000249

>>9998957
there is literally nothing wrong with new balance sneakers

>> No.10000272

>>9999999

>> No.10000295
File: 132 KB, 286x354, Screen Shot 2015-06-18 at 5.09.20 PM.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10000105
thank you

also, this PDF should be upload.
Readily available on the internet with many many great tips.
Will post some screens

>> No.10000353

>>10000202
If it's full of "timeless" workwear and suits it'll be boring and literally the opposite to the definition of fashion.

>> No.10000514
File: 467 KB, 627x732, Screen Shot 2015-06-18 at 5.58.02 PM.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10000295
Giorgio Armani:

>> No.10000521
File: 528 KB, 641x727, Screen Shot 2015-06-18 at 6.00.29 PM.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10000514
Michael Kors:

>> No.10000525
File: 367 KB, 632x695, Screen Shot 2015-06-18 at 6.01.32 PM.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10000521
Sean Combs "P Diddy"

>> No.10000531
File: 27 KB, 500x351, Footscape Woven chukka wool..jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10000295
you know where to get wool footscapes in us11

>> No.10000532
File: 520 KB, 649x706, Screen Shot 2015-06-18 at 6.01.59 PM.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10000525
Tommy Hilfiger:

>> No.10000547

>>10000531
If you really want them, call up "Rare Pair" in NYC.
Those guys can get fucking anything.
288 Mulberry

other than that the usual suspects:
niketalk, ebay, grailed, hypebeast, flight club

>> No.10000550

>the sticky is dated
Too bad you can't update it, am I right

>> No.10000552
File: 524 KB, 635x730, Screen Shot 2015-06-18 at 6.03.58 PM.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10000532
Donna Karan:

>> No.10000559
File: 485 KB, 618x718, Screen Shot 2015-06-18 at 6.11.25 PM.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10000552
Christopher Bailey:

>> No.10000563
File: 158 KB, 480x640, f0010106_2332541.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10000353

You could appropriate mfa's idea of having posts that contain seasonal looks and visual guides of what's trendy/cool,this could set the structure for discussing whatever "-core" and "wave" the board is currently looking at

>>10000547
thanks but problem is I'm not a US citizen
rakuten klekt really dont yield much either

>> No.10000567
File: 468 KB, 611x704, Screen Shot 2015-06-18 at 6.12.49 PM.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10000559
Zac Posen:

>> No.10000573
File: 421 KB, 627x671, Screen Shot 2015-06-18 at 6.13.30 PM.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10000567
Kenneth Cole:

>>10000563
i'll give it a look when I'm doing my mindless online shopping rounds later

>> No.10000578
File: 18 KB, 480x320, lies1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10000525
>get rid of all body hair for a woman
>get toned
>black are the most flavorful race (what does that even mean)

he's right about finding the right fit and dressing to your body type though.

>> No.10000582
File: 26 KB, 576x417, cap.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

A headwear section would be nice, what works and what doesn't, nice brands, etc

>> No.10000585
File: 794 KB, 631x732, Screen Shot 2015-06-18 at 5.57.02 PM.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10000573
misc

>> No.10000588
File: 793 KB, 638x724, Screen Shot 2015-06-18 at 5.57.28 PM.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10000585
k i think this is enough for now

>> No.10000629

>>10000588
based

>>9996200
Great initiative.

I didn't know shit about the current state of the wiki, so I just tried registering a user on the wiki - it worked.

I also tried to editing pages on the wiki - that worked as well.

Didn't expect that actually. It just seemed very closed down and inactive.

I also sent an email to the admin of the sticky, and asked about if they're still around and to what extent they allow quite fundamental changes made by users. I got a response quite quickly:

---
>Hopefully there are no functional issues with the sticky. The average user should be able to edit anything -- there are a few pages that I think I am the only one with access to, the most notable being the home page and the side bar.

>I tried opening those up to the public, but it went horribly. If /fa/ can reach a consensus on how to change either of those things (or any larger changes), I'm happy to help.

>If they want a new website and everything, more power to them, but hopefully there's a way to future-proof the current sticky without introducing a bunch of garbage.
---

I'm prepared to help do a complete overhaul of the skin care section - as well as contributing to a completely new wiki.

Splendid to see so many in-depth suggestions.

I think we can actually make something good out of this.

>> No.10000639
File: 6 KB, 240x200, BM5MhqLCAAEGUPc.jpg-l.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9999689
>>9999730
In honor of 10mil post, will name myself kiko mizuhara when I get home

>> No.10000659

>>10000639
KeyCo.

Key Company

>> No.10000675

>>10000563
hey man I got you.
http://www.klekt.in/sneaker/nike_1/nike-footscape-woven-chukka-wool-pack-grey-us11-uk10-eu45-ds_i155115

>> No.10000680
File: 28 KB, 300x470, stock-photo-boy-using-an-inhaler-17109361.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I'M SO HAPPY TO SEE THIS COME TO FRUITION

>> No.10000683

>>10000675
ah fuck just realized its gone sorry.
maybe worth messaging the guy.

>> No.10000889

>>9998934
what NBs are those?

also
>>10000000

>> No.10000906
File: 198 KB, 1280x899, tumblr_ng29mo18xr1qf2rzao2_1280.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10000683
Jesus...
>150
>deadstock

>> No.10000924

>>10000906
where is this woman's ass??

>> No.10000954

>>10000889
to add to this, that exact grey sweater too. looks extremely comfy.

>> No.10000961

>>9998885
hi igor

>> No.10000969

>>10000924
she left it back in art school

>> No.10000973

try to stay on topic guys

>> No.10000979

>>10000973
shut the fuck up

>> No.10001102

>>9999689
>>9999730
dumb question, how do I make a name for myself?

>> No.10001115

>>10001102
first of all, lurk more.

second...

making the actual name:
name#password --> name!tripcode
name##password --> name!!securetripcode

making a name for yourself:
being notable for something

lol

>> No.10001178

>>10001102
holy shit
why are you trying to update the sticky if you're a fucking newfag? how would you even know if it's outdated. get the fuck out of here.

>> No.10001236
File: 2 KB, 125x116, kermit inspiration.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10000629
Word, this is good, thank you very much. Now that we have a means of creating a new wiki, I think I'm going to start typing up an introduction to the new Sticky

>> No.10001242
File: 10 KB, 116x126, wackity schmackity doo.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10001115
thank boi :3 just didn't wanna bother googling it
>>10001178
I never cared to learn how to create a trip for myself, whoops

>mfw don't give a shit
>mfw sticky is more important

>> No.10001259
File: 143 KB, 875x528, 1423115442497.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9999803
nice. what did you use to get the color spectrum?

>> No.10001326

>>10001242
fuck you and your shitty new stick faggot. the mod isn't even going to notice and this thread is going to 404 and this whole autismfest will have been for nothing. get bent.

>> No.10001329

>>10001326
also...
>i-i never learned how is all!!!
>feeling the need to identify yourself in every fucking post prior to adopting the trip
there is no way you aren't new, stop trying to hide it. eat shit.

>> No.10001408
File: 318 KB, 628x434, londonfw-02-2011.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Everyone here is always asking about socks. Let's include socks too. I'd love to see a section on socks

>> No.10001453
File: 712 KB, 2029x2028, GQ-Underware-Illustrations.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10001408
undies too

>> No.10001461

>>10001453
>>10000000

>> No.10001546
File: 143 KB, 704x936, 1920's high fashion.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10001236
here's the first bit to that intro thing if y'all interested

Welcome to /fa/
If you already have knowledge of color theory, fit, trends, brands, and other such things that would distinguish you as a “fashionable” or “stylish” guy from your friends, family, and even yourself, then this introduction to the sticky doesn't apply to you. If you DO want to get into the seemingly endless world of fashion, but don’t know where to start, or are too afraid to start for fear of spending your money poorly and looking like a complete idiot, then this introduction definitely applies to you.
When getting into fashion, the best thing to do, before even considering making a purchase, is to go people watching. Look at people on the streets, look at pictures of celebrities, and look in the mirror. Pay attention to what you like, pay attention to what you don’t like. Develop a taste for yourself. Start noticing what the clothing does for that person. Take note of the colors you like, the overall silhouette of the outfit on the person, the proportions of the person in the context of the outfit, and even the person’s attitude or comfort in the clothing. This is what most people refer to as a “fashion sense”, for example, someone who doesn’t know what looks terrible on someone or even him or herself, has a “poor fashion sense”. As you continue to dissect and analyze outfits, what you like and what you don’t like will become more apparent to you. This is how you’ll be able to distinguish what articles of clothing in your closet you like from the articles of clothing you don’t like. At this point, you should have a good idea of some sort of look you want to emulate and what articles of clothing you need to achieve this look. Now we can move on to the next subject.

give your criticism

>> No.10001637
File: 171 KB, 1280x853, 9101729.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Agree on silhouettes and fit being important. Makes a big difference, especially to a beginner.
Also masculine vs feminine silhouettes, because nowadays men and women can wear similar fits and styles but the silhouette makes the difference.

>> No.10003039

>>10001546
next bit pt. 1

Now that you have a general idea of what you like on a person and what you don’t like on a person, it’s time to begin building your closet off of this. Think about what you look like, and think about what this imaginary (or not-imaginary) person you wish to emulate looks like. Take note of how the clothing will drape and naturally fall on THIS person’s body; as stated previously, this would be their silhouette. Make sure this other person’s silhouette and body shape also fall into the context of your body shape; unless you plan on making changes to your current body image, don’t dress like a fat guy if you’re a skinny guy, don’t dress like a skinny guy if you’re a fat guy, don’t dress like a short guy if you’re a tall guy, don’t dress like a tall guy if you’re a short guy. Keep in mind, however, most articles of clothing have the potential of looking good on anybody, and the key word here is potential, and it’s all about fit.

>> No.10003046
File: 212 KB, 712x1073, A$AP Carrell.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10003039
pt. 2

How the clothes fit a person determines what kind of a silhouette will be created. Most silhouettes fall in two categories. The first category is having the clothing fit like a well-tailored shirt or a made-to-measure suit, where there is barely any extra fabric in the garment, if any. You see this a lot in menswear fashion and it tends to be a more classic approach to fit. The other category is purposefully (but tastefully) having large amounts of excess fabric in the article of clothing. This is usually seen more in gothninja and androgynous fashion and it’s a more fashion forward approach to fit, occasionally called antifit. There really isn’t any in between when it comes to fit, it’s either the clothing “hugs” your body very well, or the clothing drapes and billows on your person. Just about everything in between would simply be called, “ill fitting”. This can be from sizing up too many sizes on an article of clothing, or the brand just simply doesn’t flatter your body shape very well. Many brands will purposefully include a lot of extra fabric in their clothes because it is meant to be tailored and fitted to your body. Many OTHER brands will purposefully include a lot of extra fabric to come off as “comfortable”, but it is not meant to be tailored and the garment just looks ill fitted and sloppy.

>> No.10003144
File: 441 KB, 1000x1500, dakimakura fapninja.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10003046
And finally, here's a little bit I did on purchasing clothing for someone just getting into fashion

Now that you know what style you want to emulate, and how it should fit you, slowly transition your wardrobe to fit your aesthetic one piece at a time. Go shopping with a mission of finding that one particular item. Go into a store, find only that one article, and try it on. Don’t take their opinion, they work sales and it’s their job to sell you clothing. See how it fits on you. You should be pretty good at finding the good qualities and the bad qualities by now, so be honest with yourself. If it sucks, put it back and go to another store. If it doesn’t, ask them to hold it and go to another store. Do this for every store you are in the vicinity in and have the articles battle for which brand fit the best. Don’t make a purchase until you’re about to leave the vicinity and you’ve concluded on which brand had the best fit. Don’t go for the brand that was cheapest if it wasn’t the best. You would rather spend 100 dollars on an article of clothing that makes you look like 200 dollars than spend 50 dollars on an article of clothing that makes you look like 39.95. If none of the brands fit you exceptionally, don’t buy anything. This should be obvious, but many people go shopping with the goal to buy something when it’s ok to go shopping and not buy anything. If it doesn’t fit you well, no matter how much you saved or how little it you spent, you wasted your money.

>> No.10003149

>>9996200
Not going to read that huge introduction but you should probably mention that if you are just wearing certain clothes but don't participation the lifestyle - then its a costume

It's catch-all, and it's also the source of
so many "is 'x' fashionable" questions

>> No.10003160

>>9997171
W2c?

>> No.10003200

>>10003149
TL;DR

1st part's on watching people to find what you like and hate about clothing
2nd part's on taking note of how you dress to how you want to dress
3rd part's on how clothing should fit
4th part's on how to buy it

I like what you said should include it. Probably in the second part

>> No.10003207
File: 311 KB, 838x628, anime fashion bullshit.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10003160
no idea :'(

>> No.10003560
File: 488 KB, 903x900, clothes displayed.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Who are good male fashion bloggers that take pictures of themselves? Like, who does the kind of thing you see on lookbook and hel-looks, but not shitty??

aka, a much cooler version of this looser

>> No.10003986

>>10000629
is this still happening? I'll find some basic images to contribute if so

>> No.10004141

>>10003560
which style

>> No.10004155

w2c OiOi boots ?

>> No.10004194
File: 70 KB, 300x267, idd.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10003986
I fucking hope so. It's up to us, though.
We could start changing the sticky within literally minutes from now, since it's a wiki.

Judging from the lack of response for the amount of great content that based KeyCo and others have posted, it'll might be a bit tricky to get this rolling.
I think there are some ways we could make many users contribute though...

I'll try to make use of my weaponized autism to establish some structure.

>> No.10004241 [DELETED] 

COMPLETE LAYOUT OF THE CURRENT /fa/ WIKI:

/fa/ Sticky Home
Internal wiki links:
- Introduction
- Color theory, silhouette
- Common style mistakes

External links:
- Young Stalin
- Warosu
- ChanArchive [link rot]

Suggested additions to navbar:
- Quotes and Noteworthy Posts
- List of Brands
- Shoes

---
Navbar/sidebar links:
- Home
- About /fa/
- Info about the board.
- Archive links
- 8 meme pictures
- Men's Basics
- Tops
- Bottoms
- Shoes
- Outerwear
- Accessories
- What to wear during what season
- Women's Basics
- Shops
- Tops
- Dresses
- Pants/Shorts
- Skirts
- Outerwear
- Shoes
- Accessories
- Hair
- Hair Color
- Make-up
- Grooming
- Hair-care basics
- Skin-care basics
- Acne treatment
- Shave that beard
- Trimming
- Smells
- Products
- Other resources
- Stores
- Defunct wiki links to local clothing stores
- Recommended brands for specific clothing
- Thrift stores
- Archive of non-categorized stores
- Styles
- A small note on styles
- Traditional
- Prep
- Streetwear
- Artisanal/Avant-Garde
- Urban Techwear
- Lunarcore
- Heroin Chic
- Norm-core
- Infographics/Charts
- Only a link to Young Stalin
- Glossary
- Glossary of /fa/ terms
- Links
- Unsorted links
- /fa/ archive links
- Useful blogs

---

>> No.10004253

THE COMPLETE LAYOUT OF THE CURRENT /fa/ WIKI:

/fa/ Sticky Home

Internal wiki links:
- Introduction
- Common style mistakes

External links:
- Young Stalin
- Warosu
- ChanArchive [link rot]

- List of Brands
- Shoes
---
Sidebar links:

Home
- Link to /fa/ sticky home

About /fa/
- Info about the board.
- Archive links
- 8 meme pictures

Men's Basics
- Tops
- Bottoms
- Shoes
- Outerwear
- Accessories

Women's Basics
- Shops
- Tops
- Dresses
- Pants/Shorts
- Skirts
- Outerwear
- Shoes
- Accessories
- Hair
- Hair Color
- Make-up

Grooming
- Hair-care basics
- Skin-care basics
- Acne treatment
- Shave that beard
- Trimming
- Smells
- Products
- Other resources

Stores
- Thrift stores

Styles
- A small note on styles
- Traditional
- Prep
- Streetwear
- Artisanal/Avant-Garde
- Urban Techwear
- Lunarcore
- Heroin Chic
- Norm-core

Infographics/Charts

Glossary
- Glossary of /fa/ terms

Links
- Unsorted links
- /fa/ archive links
- Useful blogs

>> No.10004289

>>10004194
KeyCo here. I'm out for a bit, but when I get home, just tell me what to do to start making changes to the sticky

>> No.10004331
File: 13 KB, 275x183, download.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10004253
Based STHLM

>> No.10004356

>>10000353
This isn't the fucking Vogue office, the WAYWT threads are packed full of people who can't understand the basics of dressing like a conscious human being yet are still trying their hardest to dress in styles that don't suit them. Fuck your shit idea

>> No.10004529

>>9996598
iiiii put the pussy in a sarcophagus

>> No.10004804
File: 338 KB, 500x378, based god sploded.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10004194
>>10004289
BACK, WHAT DO I DO? SEND ME A LINK OR SOMETHING

>> No.10004808

>>10004804
Palewave

>> No.10004868

>>10004804
k. just planning and suggesting. not deciding anything.

SUGGESTIONS ON WHAT TO DO:
[no specific order]

Map the current sticky structure [done]

Map the planned sticky structure [in progress]

Compare the current and planned sticky structure, and merge them in order to give us an perspective on what the future sticky might look like.

Establish a consensus on what the sticky should, and should not, feature.

List the good and bad aspects of the current sticky, and see how this can be built upon for the future version.

See if there are anything in the current planned structure that should be removed/added.

Make a thread and ask for knowledgeable contributors on the specific topics, like perfumes, sneakers, makeup, whatever. We need more contributors in this thread the future ones.

Deciding upon whether to build a new sticky on our current wiki site, or form a completely new one (and see if this is possible to do by asking the mods).

---
I think a lot of content can be user-generated by proxy:
We don't have to make people add content directly to the sticky.
We can add content for them.

It's much easier to get input from users by making threads about the topics, than asking people to edit the wiki themselves. People are more likely to write a response on /fa/. To expand the glossary, for example, we'll just make a thread sharing the current glossary list and asking people if they know any more terms that are currently used on /fa/ and what they mean.

>> No.10004925

>>10004868
>We need more contributors in this thread /and in/ the future ones.

Correction.

>>9996598
There's already a section with about 8 dank memes. We could absolutely expand that.

>>9997085
I'll see to it re. skin care.

---
>>9996329
>>9996341
>>9996564
>>9996586
>>9996768
>>9996874
>>9996998

Would any of you guys like to get an ad hoc trip for this sticky wiki stuff? Would maybe make it easier to coordinate collaborative efforts throughout the threads.

Common projects, sizing, introduction, hair guide, thrifting, silhouette et c.

I would suggest that those who would like to contribute to a greater extent makes a (temporary?) trip and registers a wiki user by the same name.

so far we seem to have Versace, KeyCo, mango, !cfkaiwenfk, bb e, igor, troalpost, who have contributed/expressed interest to some extent.

>> No.10004946
File: 957 KB, 500x418, contemplative jazz music.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10004868
good idea. Here's the new sticky in a similar format

THE COMPLETE LAYOUT OF THE NEW /fa/ WIKI:
/fa/ Sticky Home
>here, on the front page, would be where the introduction would be

Internal wiki links:
- Introduction
- Common style mistakes

External links:
- Young Stalin
- Warosu
- ChanArchive [link rot]

- List of Brands
- Shoes
---
Sidebar links:

Home
- Link to /fa/ sticky home

About /fa/
- Info about the board.
- Archive links
- 8 meme pictures
>maybe we have some information about our trips? Like, a picture of them and two sentences

Men's Basics
- Tops
- Bottoms
- Shoes
- Outerwear
- Accessories
>I both like and don't like the idea of having a basics, because it's convenient for newcomers, but it's telling people what to wear, and that's what got our old sticky so dated

Women's Basics
- Shops
- Tops
- Dresses
- Pants/Shorts
- Skirts
- Outerwear
- Shoes
- Accessories
- Hair
- Hair Color
- Make-up
>same this as men's

Grooming
- Hair-care basics
- Skin-care basics
- Acne treatment
- Shave that beard
- Trimming
- Smells
- Products
- Other resources

Stores
>like a best of? I like it a lot
- Thrift stores

Styles
- A small note on styles
- Traditional
- Prep
- Streetwear
- Artisanal/Avant-Garde
- Urban Techwear
- Lunarcore
- Heroin Chic
- Norm-core
>In theory, this would be much much MUCH bigger, because then, as certain styles become fashionable and unfashionable, the sticky already has something on the trend at hand, preventing the sticky from becoming dated

Infographics/Charts

Glossary
- Glossary of /fa/ terms
>here maybe we can also have a glossary of brands and how the garments and articles from these brands fit.

Links
- Unsorted links
- /fa/ archive links
- Useful blogs

>> No.10004951

>>10004946
>>10004946
this is all I could post without going over 2k

>> No.10004968

>>10004925
solid. just made a wiki account on tuxbell

>> No.10004971

>>10004946
nice. we could def write more about all the different styles under..... "styles"...

lets fill it up

>> No.10004993

pls pls pls include some basic/fundamental info/links regarding fashion as art

>> No.10005000

>>10004993
it's up to you, pal! you can write about it. would you like to do that?

>> No.10005024

>>10004971
for some reason, I haven't gotten a confirmation email yet, so I can't edit pages yet

>> No.10005041

>>10005024
check the trash bin
mine was in there
or try registering a new acc

>> No.10005104

>>10005041
ho-ly-shit

nothing is working. I've done everything I could to both, my personal email, and my school email. this is such bullshit

>> No.10005118

>>10000353

>literally the opposite to the definition of fashion.

If you think fashion=trend airhead.

>> No.10005160

>>10005104
mail the admin and ask whats up
calebsevern@gmail.com

should work

>> No.10005185

>>10005160
>>10005160

thanks fam

>> No.10005237

I don't mean to sound like an oldfag, but I've been here to see the death and rise of a number of trends and, IMO, it is fucking retarded to try to make a sticky based on these "archetypes".

The fuck you think this is?! Some kind of video game where you just select a class and then pick your equipment?!

There was a time when I too believed that /fa/ needed more moderation, that there were too many threads asking inane questions or just straight-up shitposting. The fact of the matter is that /fa/ has always been this way. More moderation will not necessarily help. All we can do is hide, ignore, avoid replying. As long as /fa/ (and 4chan as a whole) continue to attract the same demographic, i.e. 16-30 y/o, male, this kind of behavior will be continue.

>> No.10005242

>>10005237
>it is fucking retarded to try to make a sticky based on these "archetypes".

relax, lad. that's not what's gonna happen.
there's simply just gonna be information about the different styles under the styles section.

we'll have a lot of basic content that is eternal and applicable to everything, then there will be some detailed info on specialized styles.

>> No.10005951

>>10005024
>>10005104
>>10005185
Yo if it ends up not working out for you, I can attempt it. Just reply here if it doesn't; I'll receive a notification.

>> No.10005958

We could hold all of this info on GitHub for now. I'm willing to start a repository where we can finish writing this sticky and eventually put it on tuxbell.

>> No.10006498
File: 28 KB, 426x304, fa - no sauce.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10005951
yeah, I ain't getting anywhere. I haven't gotten a confirmation email,, or a response from this dude :/

>> No.10006671

>>10005958
let's do it. can keep the content sorted and ordered on git, but keep some of the discussion here to get board feedback and new contributors.

>>10006498
no need to edit the wiki yet anyways. I'm sure it'll work out. we'll write things up on git for now.

this'll be awesome.

>> No.10006697
File: 35 KB, 540x960, FB_IMG_1434785568691.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

There also needs to be a warning about reeee in case she ever comes back

>> No.10006722

>>10005958
KeyCo. was taken, so I'm going under KeyCompany

>> No.10007531

>>10006671
So should we create a GitHub organization as well? And what should the name for repository?

>> No.10007543
File: 68 KB, 1105x719, Snip20150620_2.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10007531
I created an organization in GitHub called "effay". Join it and we can start editing!

>> No.10007561

>>10007543
Great. I think you need to invite us, though. It's not the same as for repos. They changed it last Aug.

sthlm-effay
KeyCompany

>> No.10007565

>>10007561
Cool. Check email inbox or go to http://github.com/effay to accept invite.

>> No.10007587

>>10007565
Done.
Am I free to start pouring text into there and structuring stuff up?

Also, should we possibly have some kind of chat somewhere?

>> No.10007601
File: 29 KB, 968x617, Snip20150620_3.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>10007587
Yeah, that'd work. And as for a place to chat, maybe the rizon IRC channel for /fa/ will work.

>> No.10008681

>implying this wall of text will be prematurely archived

we've been seeing less shitposting in these threads because all the text scares people away

>> No.10008744

Anyone else wanting to contribute to the new sticky/wiki just reply to me with your GitHub username.

>> No.10009586

>>10004868
>>10004946
>>10007543
>>10008744
I'm a lazy piece of shit, but I thought I would just stop by and say I appreciate what you guys are doing.
If my opinion means anything I feel the current sticky is really lacking in descriptions for styles, and also recommendations on articles of clothing and reasons for recommendation.

>> No.10010229

>>10009586
Cheers!

Great suggestions.
We're have planned to expand the styles section to a great extent, and there will be recommended articles of clothing (brands) and reasons for recommendation under "Stores and recommended brands" or the like. Added your detailed second suggestion to the planned layout.

>> No.10011560
File: 102 KB, 250x250, rsz_kanye-west-plain-yeezus-album-cover.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

no kill

>> No.10012168
File: 250 KB, 1279x959, 13873549292677..jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

bump

>> No.10012321

Please, somewhere in big bold letters, remind people to start slow and cop basics first.

For the most part, the current sticky is good for its purposes of recommend brand basics, but it really does neglect a lot of things so I'm excited to see an improvement.

>> No.10013550

>pg 8

>> No.10013930

>>10013550
No need to bump; in the IRC we already decided to let this thread die and to start a new one with all of the progress we've made.