[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/fa/ - Fashion

View post   

File: 994 KB, 500x279, 1430362583779.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9794512 No.9794512 [Reply] [Original]

I have a slight challenge.

I need inspo on work clothes. I'm 5'2 and 115 pounds. Measurements (bust, waist, hips) 30 24 32.

>work for elementary school
>not business casual, but casual
>can't show much chest. no clevage. At most, just a bit of my collar bone.
>no heels over three inches
>shorts are okay, but have to look slightly dressier.
>casual dresses and skirts are okay, no mini obviously. But me in a dress without a good chunk of my chest showing makes me look like I'm playing dress up in my mom's closet.

Not showing most of my chest is killing me here. I'm very flat. Finding clothes that cover my chest makes me look like a boy, not a pretty boy. Makes me look boxy and I'm short. I've been taking the safest route. Basic shirt, comfy skinny jeans, and a cardigan.

But I live in california and it's getting hot. Can't seem to find the right summer clothes that don't make me look like I rolled out of bed in the morning. Shorts and a basic shirt just not cutting it. Makes me look young and unqualified.

>> No.9794549
File: 32 KB, 365x497, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

If you're having problems looking like a boy/a child playing dress up is it the rest of your styling that's the issue?

Having appropriate hair and make up can make a huge difference. http://www.extrapetite.com/2010/05/reader-request-how-to-look-older-in.html?m=1

As for warm weather appropriate outfits, have you considered shift dresses? The shape tends to skew less young than skater dresses can.

>> No.9794657

>>9794549
I guess if I curl/wave my hair, it can make me look more feminine, but sometimes I'm in a rush in the morning.

That article was so helpful. Yea, I'd been looking a lot like the "before" pictures. Thank you so much.

>> No.9794707

>>9794657
No problem!

I don't know what your hair is like now, but even as much as just having a hairstyle, like a bob but not necessarily that, can make a difference. It's not so much a case of looking feminine as it is just looking more put together.

I'm 5'0 and 85lbs so I know how much of a difference small things can make, but for me personally I find avoiding "young" florals, avoiding skater dresses or anything with too trendy a pattern on it and making sure to at least use some mascara, keeping eyebrows looking groomed and a bit of lipstick (even if just a nude) switches me from getting IDed to get into 15 films to looking my age.

>> No.9795155

filthy manlets

jk love y'all