[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/fa/ - Fashion

View post   

File: 103 KB, 472x720, acne-pustular-1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
9336061 No.9336061[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

what do you use?
i been using minocycline twice a day, clearasonic with face wash at morning and night followed by epiduo. working pretty well. acne is 6/10 strength 10 being a mountain range. what do i do about pop marks?

>> No.9336064

Quit popping them.

>> No.9336067

>>9336064
so do i just let them sit there and look bad for as long as it takes?

>> No.9336087

>>9336067
yes, in the long run you'll look better

>> No.9336101

Does your acne start in winter because a regular acne treatment will make it worse.

>> No.9336110

>>9336067
yes I had bad acne (not the shit that leaves scars but many inflamed hair follicles and blackheads) and just stopped popping them.

I have clear face now, though my skin is still very sensitive.

But probably hormones settled down also, since I had it from 14 til 21

I still has blackheads on nose :/

>> No.9336114 [DELETED] 
File: 79 KB, 1000x704, 1097931.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I know that many sales are almost over now, but what eu-based shops are now having some final discounts? Wanna list through stuff and find whether some good deals arent somewhere

Also sales general

>> No.9336118
File: 241 KB, 1280x960, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Does anyone have experience with mandelic acid for treating post mole removal scarring and redness in general?

The mark on my cheek is what I'm trying to deal with

>> No.9336194

>>9336118
Michael?

>> No.9336197

>>9336064
>>9336067
>>9336087
>>9336110
I wouldn't tell people to "never pop acne". In general though, it could be wise to ask people to not "pop" different kinds of acne as people in general do it in harmful ways.

"Popping" of acne can generally be split into the treatment of pimples, and whiteheads/blackheads:

- Popping of pimples (generally pustules - pus-filled sacks in the skin): Most people try to make their pimples "pop" by squeezing them with their fingers in order to make the the pimple break, allowing for pus to come out and cleaning of the area and healing of the pimple. Some people also utilize needles and squeezing.

- Squeezing of blackheads/whiteheads (open/closed comedones): Most people try to extract what they believe to be comedones by squeezing the area using their fingers, and sometimes a needle, in order to allow the area to heal once the comedo is removed.

Treating pustules is generally more hazardous, as the contents can spread across the skin during the procedure - as well as spreading deeper into the area by improper lancing (needle, ish) techniques. Both the popping of pimples and comedones can cause local tissue damage as you compress your skin to harshly. There is never a need to use a great amount of force when popping pimples/comedones.

part 1/2

>> No.9336201

>>9336194
Yup

>> No.9336205

>>9336118
ayyyyy lmao

>> No.9336206

>>9336118
>mandelic acid

Never heard of it. Retin A does a good job of combating redness and scarring, obviously if you do go on it don't use it on your entire face just the spots you want to clear up since your face is pretty clear.

>> No.9336207

>>9336206
Alright thanks

>> No.9336210

>>9336197
This
Also your hands are dirty and greasy as fuck and while you pop a pimple you more than likely block several pores with your disgusting filthy hands.
I found the most efficient way of getting rid of mild acne is to:
1. Drink few liters of water a day
2. Exercise, get sweat moving daily, preferably outside (could be just my skin tho)
3. Change your pillow sheets weekly or biweekly depending on how greasy your face is
You spend several hours rubbing your greasy-ass face all over the sheets a day so keep the fuckers clean and your face will keep clean.

>> No.9336212

>>9336197
This guide to dealing with pimples/pustules is okay:
http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/teen-acne-13/pop-a-zit?page=2

Bear in mind that:
- An ordinary "straight pin" should not be used, as these are in general too thick and can cause unnecessary tissue damage. Use the sharpest and thinnest needle available.

- Sterilizing a needle using a flame could cause soot (carbon) to cover the tip of the needle. If it pierces your skin incorrectly, then this soot could end up in your skin and create a basic kind of tattoo. Sterilize the needle with alcohol.

- Alcohol should not be used to sterilize the wound after lancing the pimple. Alcohol pains your wounds because it hurts the general area. Healing time is increased, and will most likely increase local flushing (red skin). Use chlorhexidine or some other mild general antibacterial cream/fluid.

----
This is a good guide to dealing with blackheads/open comedones:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCKh0-vTRAE
(content warning)

Notice how ineffective fingers are at applying pressure locally to the target area. They are too blunt, and are more likely to harm the skin in the area. I think you're all familiar with this - the red and painful area around pimples/comedones after you've popped them using blunt fingers and too much force.

Get a specialized tool on Amazon or whatever. Use that, and not your fingers (in general).

-----
Regarding whiteheads/closed comedones:

They are to be lanced like pustules, and then squeezed gently with fingers - or by the use of special tools (like the one linked to above).

-----

The above is the reason to why I'm writing a guide. I can't keep writing this much in individual replies.

>> No.9336215

>>9336206
Not that guy but mandelic acid is an AHA. It comes from pears, I think. Like other AHAs it would help to slowly remove hyperpigmentation in the skin caused by healing acne lesions. Usually its used in combination with other AHAs and BHAs like SA though unless in a large concentration salon-style peel.

>> No.9336230

>>9336215
I believe it comes from almonds. Being me, I already ordered some but I guess I'll just it in combination with retin

>> No.9336235

>>9336215
>>9336230

Hmm that doesn't sound to bad, i just made a quick judgement from the name that it sounded too harsh for a little problem. I say give it a try and don't bother using retin a unless you don't feel satisfied with the results, retin a is kinda like the last resort because it has nasty side-effects and it takes a while before results are seen.

>> No.9336244

>>9336235
Alright good to know.

Thanks

>> No.9336245

>>9336061
accutane, acne went from 6/10 to 1/10 in a few months, side effects are bearable, would recommend

>> No.9336251

>>9336210
Hands are in general dirty and greasy, but this can be fixed by washing them properly before trying to extract pimples/comedones.

1. Regarding water:
>One of the more pervasive myths regarding water intake is the improvement of the skin or complexion.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2908954/

Increased water intake can lead to a decreased intake of diary/high GI-drinks, which both have been shown to be able to contribute to acne vulgaris. This is then an indirect connection. It's not a matter of drinking more water - it's a matter of drinking less shit.

2. Exercise - Eh. Yes. No. Disputed. I'll get back to you on that.

3. Truth, ish. Sebum is one factor. The other perp is excess skin (mainly keratin) on your pillows, that blocks your skin openings. Dirty pillows can also host pathogenic bacteria.

>> No.9336263

>>9336061
fucking gross, wash your face

>> No.9336270

>>9336251
Well to be honest that's just my personal experience. I think the higher water intake might also be tied to the exercising as I started both around the same time and it seemed to clean my face.
And I really only ever have had the mildest acne, few pimples on my forehead basically, sometimes get few on chin and this helped to that. Guess I have good genes, my older brother had some acne on his back and face when he was younger but me and my little brother both had almost none at all.

>> No.9336286

>>9336061
growing out of puberty was the best cure for my acne

the sheer number of pizza face threads on this board attests to how underaged it really is

>> No.9336287 [DELETED] 

>>9336118
See:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scar#Treatments

In general, you should contact a dermatologist in order to treat scars safely. There are many different kinds of scars, and not all of them are treated in the same way. Your scar /seems/ to be an atrophic scar (sunken in, a pit), without any hyperpigmentation (rather "hypopigmentation").

>>9336215
>>9336230
The name is derived from almonds. Commercial mandelic acid is synthesized, though.

>> No.9336290

>>9336118
See:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scar#Treatments

In general, you should contact a dermatologist in order to treat scars safely. There are many different kinds of scars, and not all of them are treated in the same way. Your scar /seems/ to be an atrophic scar (sunken in, a pit). Hard to tell from this pic, though.

>>9336215
>>9336230
The name is derived from almonds. Commercial mandelic acid is synthesized, though.

>> No.9336320

>>9336263
that's probably not his face lmao

>> No.9336326

>>9336290
Is synthesized bad.

Also The scar is only 4 months old so it still has some natural healing to do

>> No.9336333

I was on tetracycline, Duac and Minocycline for a while and no effect,

go see your derm as soon as you have been taking any of therm for a period of greater than 2 months

Accutane is fantastic, and there is no real evidence to suggest it causes depression

>> No.9336366

>>9336326
No, synthesized doesn't mean that it's bad. Just wanted to clear up how it's made.

>>9336333
>there is no real evidence to suggest it causes depression

Probable.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1463189/

>Despite numerous case reports linking isotretinoin to depression, suicidal ideation and suicide, there is, as yet, no clear proof of an association

Isotretinoin is strong stuff, though, and should only be used as a final solution (lol) for severe /cystic/ acne when other treatments have been tried. Plenty of harsh side-effects. Ask your doctor.

>> No.9336379

Stopped using Rx stuff a while back (basically because prescriptions ran out and I moved too often) and my skin got a lot better without them.

It's entirely about regiment; wash when you wake up, wash before you go to bed. Don't leave your bed sheets on for more than a week, use an Oxy pad after your face dries, use a cream for spots that are getting bad (I'm using Peter Thomas Roth AHA/BHA and PTR 10# Glycolic Acid at the moment). Occassionally I use a mask if I have a lot of little shit going on (Glamglow Supermud) but not always. Clinque Men's products for face wash, that shit.

You can buy all of this shit at Sephora. I don't give a single fuck about "feminine products" and that bullshit, what works, works.

>> No.9336389

>>9336333
I took accutane, shit is effective. I think the depression stems from how the drug works. The first couple of months you will break out like you have never before. Your face will be horrendous and that alone might attribute to alot of the depression. I remember i felt like the elephant man.

>> No.9336398

only thing that work is accutane
all the others are just placebo

>> No.9336408

tea tree oil soap my niggas. tea tree oil soap.

>> No.9336660

Go to a dermatologist.
Cosmetic stuff is ok to keep acne at bay and to treat small situations.

Clinical treatments from dermatologists is the true way to get ri of them.

Also, DONT EVER USE YOUR NAILS TO POP THEM. Leaves marks on your skin that take long to heal or need to be treated with laser therapy.

>> No.9336664

>>9336660
did you even read the thread?

>> No.9336667

>>9336664
Nope :^)

>> No.9336671

>>9336398
not so much a placebo as temporary.

I was on minocycline and Tactuo (epiduo) and it worked but when I stopped it all came back. Accutane worked and it worked well. It's worth it. If you decide to do it, buy a good moisturizer and lip balm.

>> No.9336701

any tips on fading back/chest acne scars in a *relatively* fast way? I wanna be able to take my shirt off and swim again w/o feeling incredibly disgusting...

>> No.9336720

Recently I've been getting a lot of acne on my jaw, chest, neck and back. I have no fucking idea why.

>> No.9336843

>>9336245
side affects look v nasty

>> No.9336883

I just did a treatment of dermarolling a couple of weeks ago. Next one is in a week. It's really fucking painful but works wonders for scarring, would recommend it to all you fellow ex-pizzafaces out there.

>> No.9336891

>>9336843
they weren't too bad when I took it but I was getting my blood tested monthly and seeing my doctor monthly. As long as you keep in touch with your doctor and they monitor your condition it should be fine

>> No.9336916

made a exfolianst recommendation list. Cant remember were i got it from.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=D0EB846A2D608343!363&authkey=!ADSnhCY4a4epvcI&ithint=file%2cdocx

>> No.9336958

>>9336843
i did it and got no side effects except that my bones hurt a little if i lifted something heavy overhead.

>> No.9337057

Are sleeping problems a big cause of bacne?

I got some mild but tight acne on my shoulders and I can't get rid of it no matter what I try. This is literally the last thing I can think of.

>> No.9337090

>>9336720
lol

>> No.9337095

I fixed my bacne by no longer using soap on my body. I just wash my armpits, crotch area, now.

I also stopped washing my face and didn't shower. The oil buildup in my face started dissolving all my blackheads. But its so fucking hard to wake up at 5am and take a cold shower I gave up on that. I do the oil cleansing method now. The emoliant stuff seems like bullshit, but the tea tree oil has kept the bacteria under control.

>> No.9337120

>>9336061
>pop mark
pockmarks

>> No.9337155

How to avoid acne completely - Dont consume dairy, this has been proven for years

>> No.9337383

Just started my 3rd month of Claris (isotretinoin) 40mg a day. The first two months are torture, only because you break out like a jew and then everything comes to a standstill. I will admit I get some strong mood swings every once in a while and dry ass skin but that's about it for me. I'm only 6 days in to month 3 and my skin is taking a 360 degree turn. I have not had one pimple, everything is healing nicely (Don't fucking pop anything it scars way worse on accutane, or so Ive been told). As far as the harsh side effects go, I am very active and haven't experienced any kind of joint pain, no dry eyes, etc yet. It is supposed to only get better from here so it looks like I'm in the clear for now. Understand that everyone's outcome can be very different. I still however highly recommend it only if you have stubborn acne like me and have tried just about every medicine, diet, and overall lifestyle change there is to become acne free.

>> No.9337451

>>9337095
gross

>> No.9337467

>>9337451
nah, I don't even smell. Its the act of releasing all those nasty infectious oils that causes bad scent. Water and a clean towel is enough to rinse out all the excess shit.

Wash armpits and crotch well. Use deoderant and a nice perfume. I hardly smell nowadays.

Before I would be squeaky clean coming out of the shower but have overwhelming B.O. after a couple hours.

>> No.9337472

>>9336366
note that I'm referring to oral isotretinoin treatment here. not topical. topical treatment is great.

>> No.9337485

>>9337155
you dont understand how good milk is m8 that is simply not an option

>> No.9337492

Just got Duac and Betamethasone the other day. Here's hoping it works. My acne isn't horrendous or anything though, so hopefully I'll get results.

>> No.9337499

>>9337090
It's not funny. :(

Started to happen few weeks ago. I never had them before.

>> No.9337514

>>9337155
>Just drop the nectar of the gods
Yeah, let me just stop fapping and breathing too.

>> No.9337518

eat dry foods dood

>> No.9337525

Do anyone know some HG products for dehydrated skin?

>> No.9337538

hOOLY SHIT THIS IS MY FIRST TIME ON /FA/ I WOULD LITERALLY HANG MYSELF IN MY HIGHSCHOOL IF I HAD SKIN LIKE THIS ARE THERE REALLY PEOPLE LIKE THIS!?!?

>> No.9337545

>>9337095
you nasty fuck that's just your natural oils clogging up your pores blackheads are still there just covered. LRN2EXFOLIATE fuckin tard. i can smell you from here.

You're like the guy who doesn't wash his hair for the month to look cool expect you went full body and you stink

>> No.9337556

>>9336212
>http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/teen-acne-13/pop-a-zit?page=2
>open link
>it's not a webm

>> No.9337567

>>9337545
tihihi.
blackheads (open comedones) aren't covered, per definition.
whiteheads (closed comedones), however, are.

>> No.9337575

>>9336720
Is called puberty anon, you are becoming a man now.

>> No.9337585

>>9337538
welcome to /fa/, home of overcompensating pizza faced teenage boys wasting their parents money

>> No.9337637

>>9337575
I'm 27.

>> No.9337682

>>9337637
you must be a late bloomer anon

>> No.9337698

>>9337682
Oh fuck me.

>> No.9337712

So how do you guys feel about the acne.org regimen? I want to see if all those success stories aren't because maybe that whole website is a fucking scam considering it's 44 dollars for a months supply. Also I don't see anything being backed up at all, I don't see any studies or jack shit. And as icing on the cake, I heard that once you stop a benzoyl peroxide treatment acne comes back.

People that have done this regimen tell me how it works because I don't see it much on these threads.

>> No.9337723

>>9337712
alright, my brother and i tried this thing out for a while. for him, it improved his acne, but made his dryness and redness worse. my skin is more oily and didn't get as dry or experience any redness, and it did help with my acne (tho it was hard to tell because of all of my scars :/ ) i still use their benzyl peroxide w roche posay face wash and some weird blood orange moisturizer, and my acne's been pretty manageable

>> No.9337750

>>9337723
How long did you do it? I mean i have some small acne, just a few zits here and there and like a cluster of them on my forehead and jaw. I feel like i don't really need a whole bunch of stuff. I guess I'll buy it and see how it goes.

>> No.9337758

>>9337712
There are no "final treatments" for acne vulgaris (common acne), except for isotretinoin which is capable of producing "persistent remission". All other treatments require prolonged treatment periods.

You don't require any higher benzoyl peroxide concentration than 2.5%, by the way. Higher concentrations (5% and 10%) only increase irritation, without decreasing acne symptoms to a greater degree.

Let me know if you want sources.

>> No.9337761

>>9336064
Quit pooping, then.

>> No.9337802

>>9337758
Yeah I know that much. I just don't want a big 40 dollar price tag every month.

I'll see how it works and it does I'll just see if i can find cheaper products or something.

>> No.9337828

>>9336230
>>9336235
Oh it was malic acid I was thinking of that comes from pears. My bad.

>> No.9337849

>>9337828
Commercial malic acid is synthesized as well. The name is derived from apples.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malic_acid#Malic_acid_in_food

>> No.9337926

>>9336212
what do I do if I have a fuckton of tiny, but visible blackheads on my nose and cheeks?

>> No.9338021

>>9337750
my brother and i started seeing visible results after about a month, but we got a sample pack at first. it went a decent way before running out

>> No.9338231

Anyone here used argan oil as a moisturiser? I've tried Paula's Choice moisturiser but I find I need to use a lot of it or else my skin feels dry. It also leaves me shiny. I've also tried coconut oil which works really well but I suspect it's responsible for my chin pimples.

>> No.9338238 [DELETED] 

Isotretinoin 20 for 6 months, no other answer.

To accelerate the results. do exercise, change your bed sheets every third day, drink 3 liters of water daily, never stop using your creams, not even for a day, don't touch your trucking face, don't use gel/wax/spray/ don't clean your face more than twice a day. shave constantly with the most sensitive razor and a dermatological grade shaving cream.

NEVER POP ACNE, WTF IS WRONG WITH YOU?¡

>> No.9338386

>>9338231
Oil is good but I'd probably suggest a light moisturizer + oil. I have argan oil and its quite good when applied very thin, not sure if it's better than rosehip oil which I use more to fade hyper pigmentation

>> No.9338606

>>9338386

Well the moisturiser I use from PC is pretty light. I'll try some argan with it and see how it goes. Have you had good results with rosehip for hyperpigmentation?

>> No.9338612

I only have issues with pimples on my upper back and shoulders. With a little in the centre of my chrst. Any creams anyone recommends? I shower daily with a rough brush but they just continue

>> No.9338657
File: 1.33 MB, 3264x2448, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Every three days to four days only as little sunshine as needed and minimal makeup.

>> No.9338729

i have blackheads and little hairs growing on my nose. wat do?

>> No.9338811

>>9336701
anyone? ;_;

>> No.9338831
File: 10 KB, 300x300, 41dscybipeL._SY300_.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Alright guys, thinking about picking up

http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=5992

BHAs don't seem to do much for me, and this is the cheapest AHA I can find.

Thoughts?

>> No.9338838

cetaphil gentle skin cleanser twice a day, roc retinol wrinkle cream at night.

>> No.9339073

>>9337155
This, it's the mammalian estrogen in the milk that's throwing people's hormones out of whack.

>> No.9339094

>>9336333
So if im already a depressed sack of shit there is no consequence? Noice

>> No.9339117

>>9338612

>with a rough brush

stop that, don't exfoliate manually over pre-existing pimples

use some salicylic acid cleanser on the areas that breakout and just give it a week. i guarantee itll clear up a bit or completely

>> No.9339121

>>9337155

yeah this will work

IF dairy is what is causing your acne

surely you aren't stupid enough to believe that ALL acne is cause by dairy. lmfao what an idiot

>> No.9339122

>>9337926
>>9338729
https://imgur.com/gallery/K9pZR

>> No.9339189

>had moderate-severe acne 13-19
>now 22 somewhat acne free, couldn't give a shit now
>wash your fucking pillow cases every night, or sleep on a towel
>always washed face at night, never morning
>some orange neutrogena face wash with 2.5% bp
>STOP TOUCHING YOUR FUCKING FACE

>> No.9339213

in the morning

I splash my face with water
sunscreen
moisturize

at night I

cerave cleanser
stridex salicylic acid wipes
moisturize

I've been getting a shitload of whiteheads/pustules that are really fucking large but haven't popped, so they are really grotesque looking gigantic bumps. I also get a lot on my chin too. I think those may be from shaving. I use a safety razor with shaving cream. What else should I try? I already switch pillow sheets every night

>> No.9339214

>>9339213
also, I've been prescribed doxycycline before and I use benzoyl peroxide as well.

>> No.9339230

> acne

What are we 14?

>> No.9339247
File: 1.53 MB, 2448x3264, IMG_1696.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Help please

>> No.9339254

>>9336245
Trayton?

>> No.9339269

Hi.....
I am posting here as a first time /fa/ lurker when i saw this pic, which reminded me of myself when i was about 15 ( am 28 now ).. I was so desperate for acne control I cannot even tell you.. i came across this site acne.org.. which has become so commercialized now.. dont trust it.. but back in the day the head honcho had a regimen of neutrogena bar soap, $2.96 and neutrogena on-the-spot $5.67 (prices from my local big-box-store) use both twice a day... I swear upon everything that this was the only thing to help me.. i hope this helps someone.. i am fairly drunk and i doubt i will remember to check this thread again but please just trust me, those two helped me so incredibly much.. best of luck :)

>> No.9339274

>>9339247
then who was arm

>> No.9339597

>>9339117
See ive got some salycilic acid PASTE i wastold to apply to my foot (hard skin) is that the wrong stuff? It said 20% so i assume thats its concentrate

>> No.9341587

>Morning
Accutane 10mg/day
Clean&Clear deep clean cream for sensitive skin
Benzoyl peroxide if I happen to have a zit (3 weeks clear thank you Jesus)
SPF20 Eau Thermal Avene Spray (every 3 hours)

>Night
Wash face and neck with Clean and Clear cream
Apply:
>A) triacneal
>B) Secret formula made by my dermatologist
>C) Benzoyl Peroxide if needed / Wash my face with chamomile

Been doing this for almost 7 months, I almost finish with Accutane and as I said I've been clear for 3 weeks.

Also, I got done:
Light chemical peel, a microdermabrassion and I am getting my first dermaroller session next friday, then I will follow up with Laser treatment.

>> No.9341597

>>9339247
try body wash with salicylic acid

>> No.9341667

Anyone here tried skinoren?

>> No.9342370

>ctrl+f
>not one mention of alum blocks
Holy fuck are you all dumb?

>> No.9344019

how do you even have pimpels outside of acne? like, i have acne for 3 years and the only types of faces i know is either acne or flawless.

>> No.9344029

>>9337155
thats why 4 months of consuming zero dairy products did nothing to me. oh and also, just wash your face meme :->

>> No.9344047

>>9339189
>does nothing
>does nothing
>does nothing
>does nothing
>you're a cunt
>stop spreading memes
>stop spreading false info
>stop wasting peoples time
>stop crushing dreams
check em

>> No.9344089

>>9336061
this whole thread makes me want to vomit

>> No.9344287
File: 180 KB, 1024x1269, 7288204712_2_4_1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>> No.9344305

>>9344047
Touching your face and sleeping on a dirty pillow can and does make acne worse for some people, depending on what's causing their acne. Dumb faggot

>> No.9344337

Has anybody tried photodynamic therapy? My facial acne doesn't bother me that much because I don't get cystic acne anymore but i have severe body acne and I can't get accutane prescribed to me for various reasons. Apparently it's a good alternative to accutane.

>> No.9344407

Anyone know of a good cheap chemical exfoliate I can get? I know physical ones should only be used weekly and I have some benzo/salicylic I use on occasion.

>> No.9344414

Could sleeping on your side make acne worse? Even if you're using a clean towel?

God dammit I wish I could just find out what's causing my skin to be shit so I could cut it out of my life, but no, everything has to be so fucking difficult with skin. I just want clear smooth skin again :(

>> No.9344417

>>9344414
Your diet

>> No.9345677

>>9336701
same problem man :( mine are like dark purple on my chest. haven't swam at all this summer :(((

>> No.9345778

>>9342370
thanks nigger, gonna try this shit out

>> No.9345803

>>9344019
that would probably be dietary in that case, or lack of exercise, dehydration, lack of sleep, etc.

>> No.9346051

SHOULD I POP WHITE HEADS?

THEY ARE LARGE AND RIGHT ON THE SURFACE OF THE SKIN AS IF THEY ARE GOING TO POP ALREADY AND VERY NOTICEABLE

>> No.9346059

>>9346051
It's best not to but if you must the best way is to pop when the puss stuff comes out AND STOP THERE!
immediately clean it and never touch it again.

If it bleeds you need to stop, if it has clearish white fluids coming out then you DEFINITELY need to stop.

>> No.9346062

>>9344407
Salicylic acid (BHA) every night
Glycolic acid (AHA) every week

>> No.9346063

>>9346059
what does it mean if its clearish white fluid

>> No.9346076

>>9346063
looks like murky water is leaking out of it.

>> No.9346324

>>9338831

That disappointed me so much. I haven't noticed it doing anything at all for my skin. On the other hand it hasn't irritated it either even using daily.

>> No.9346947

how 2 get rid of raised bump acne scar, i got one now out of nowhere and its annoying af

>> No.9346973

>>9336061
>what do you use?
flamethrower

>> No.9346989

>>9346324
How long have you been using it

It can take like 6 months to see a difference in your texture and stuff

>> No.9347012

>>9346973
jokes aside, all these cosmetics, lotions and shit like that won't help you, they only hide the visible side of the problem, acne is a disease caused by bacteria that don't give a shit about how many times you wash your face;
so, guys, if you have something like >>9336061 or at leas half, don't torture yourself, roaccutane (accutane) are the only medicine right now that will help you and you won't need to wipe your face with all these clearasonic, clearasil and shit anymore, good luck

>> No.9347047

>>9346051
read the fucking thread
STHLM wrote a lot about it

>> No.9347431

I want to take accutane, but at the same time I am worried that it might hinder a potential growth spurt. Wat to do? Should I wait until I turn 25 when all chances of growing are lost or should I just take it?

>> No.9347432

virgin coconut oil did wonders for my skin, not only did my acne clear up my skin did also start feeling nicer.

>> No.9347451

>>9337155

Where would I get my calcium though? I'd have to eat like 660g of kale to get the same amount of calcium as 2 1/2 cups of milk.

>> No.9347461

>>9347451
what are supplements

bring it up with doc if you can

>> No.9347467

>>9347461
>what are supplements

Supplemental. You should get as much from your diet as you can.

>> No.9347491
File: 368 KB, 980x652, 4453-Le-21eme-Adam-Katz-Sinding-Sheina-Miretskaya-Paris-Fashion-Week-Fall-Winter-2013-2014_AKS7747.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9337155
fucking idiots holy shit

>just wash your face

>just change your pillowcase

>stop eating sugar
In my experience 3+ years of moderate acne:

-benzoyl peroxide is fairly effective. as soon as you feel the slight sting/see a pimple appearing start regularly applying small amounts to the area. Leave the pimple covered with bp when you go to sleep. I can often avert a pimple becoming noticeable if i do this.

-don't wash your face with some harsh drying soap

-antibiotics are effective at reducing acne but won't make it go away completely. It's probablky fucking terrible for your digestive system too.

-can't figure out whether moisturising prone areas helps or not.

that's all i've learned. I think you jsut have to be patient and for most people it's largely gone by the time you're ~21 (i hope). Just accept that noones really going to look across the room and want to fuck you and get on with your life.

peace

>> No.9348009
File: 33 KB, 500x375, 1370485420543.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

So I don't really have awful skin or anything, I just could do with a little cleanup. Acne was never a problem for me except the occasional spot. My forehead looks a little dry though, and so in general I could probably moisturize my skin better and keep it cleaner. Feel like if I did, the black spots on my nose wouldn't be as prominent.

I don't know shit about my skincare. I usually just wet my hands and scrub my face with my fingertips.

Where do I start? Was just gonna order one or two products on amazon really. Don't wanna dump 30 bucks per bottle on some shit.

>> No.9348200

I don't have acne, just pretty regular skin, and here's what's made a visible and noticeable difference in making my skin soft/clear/smooth:

use this 6 days per week
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B006TUS9LC/

the 7th day of the week, use any 2% salicylic acid cream

moisturize every night before bed

wash your face once with regular facial soap, and then again with essential oils (highly recommend this http://clarkandhenry.com/products/heights-gentleman-bar )

and drink shit tons of water (2 liters per day or more), this might be the most important step, and this also takes care of any pimples I have on my back/shoulder region

>> No.9348222

>>9347431
did u try antibiotics first? first line of defense is usually something like doxycycline or oracea which is a really low dose of doxycycline.

that didnt do shit to me so i started taking bactrim, a more powerful antiobiotic, and it cleared up my severe acne in 3 days by 99%.

that should be able to keep you going until you're older, and if you still have acne I wouldnt wait past 23 to get accutane. i would rather be one inch shorter than have acne.

>> No.9348226
File: 7 KB, 159x317, yazvSsS.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9344287
i want to flay the skin off every single person without acne like a bolton. is it just me? they must suffer my pain.

>> No.9348229

>>9337758
the difference between 2.5% BP and 10% is like day and night. one gets rid of your pimples overnight, the other takes weeks just to get rid of one.

>> No.9348403

>>9348229
if your skin can take the abuse of 10% go ahead.

most people can't handle that shit though

>> No.9348572

anyone tried Silver Serum? Almost all feedback I've read online is positive. too bad its out of stock everywhere ffs

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2831382/Woman-left-suicidal-adult-acne-bad-child-asked-burns-victim-clear-skin-love-using-cream-containing-SILVER.html

>> No.9349269

>>9347491
Been doing that shit for 4 years and im 21
still got acne, your advice is shit, faggot.

>> No.9349315

>>9348403
Actually I used 2.5% Panoxyl prescribed by my doctor, and had redness so bad I didn't leave the house for a week. Got some 10% Quinoderm from over the counter and I can use that for weeks on end, day and night, layered on thick as fuck with very little redness. (I have pale as fuck skin and it's pretty sensitive, goes red just brushing my teeth)
So I think other ingredients play a part. Perhaps the Quinoderm has an anti inflammatory or something idk.

>> No.9349344

>>9344287
WHAT IS HER NAME

>> No.9349857

>>9348229
Not according to the larger studies cited in "Evidence-based Dermatology". There is a difference, but it is only minor, and not considered to be worth the highly increased redness, dryness, and general irritation.

This doesn't mean, of course, that you can't have a non-sensitive skin that is able to tolerate a great amount of benzoyl peroxide, and benefit from both the antibacterial and the keratolytic properties of a 10% product.

>> No.9349901

Is having a mole on your face non-/fa/ or should I leave it? I hear they come and go, it wasn't here until I was maybe 16 (currently 22, has not changed at all).

It is right on the inner crease of my mouth-area when I smile. It isn't huge, maybe pea-sized and sits nearly flat on my face. I also have freckles and it kind of blends in.

>> No.9349919

H2O + C20H28O2

Works like a charm

>> No.9349932
File: 21 KB, 598x383, 1420947309780.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9337155
No one should consume dairy at all, unless they want to for the hell of it

Another species' milk which is so saturated in puss, mucus, and foreign hormones, then to add insult to injury it's [somewhat] beneficial enzymes are cooked away, and then homogenized to transport the protein directly into the bloodstream to fuel cancer (and other things like acne for the sake of this thread)

>> No.9349937

>>9349932

This is why many people drink organic milk from local dairies.

>> No.9349938

>>9336061
Holy shit, i just want to pop all of that shit, it seems like a good experience

>> No.9349943

>>9349938
There is a reddit board for that
Don't ask how I know

>> No.9350134

>>9349937
Trust me, I've gone from drinking literally gallons of store milk, to none, to gallons of raw milk, and to none again

Raw cow's milk while better than store milk isn't meant for humans, it still has loads of hormones and potentially puss/musas from infections that fuck with the body

If you feel the need for milk just drink soy or other plant based milks

>> No.9350241
File: 130 KB, 1010x524, Untitled.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I've been on Roaccutane for 10 months

Second pic was taken today. I tried to make acne scarring look as bad as possible with light.

>> No.9350286
File: 77 KB, 449x509, Reaction 6.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9350241
oh bloody Jesus. Thanks god it got better, have you had anyone one talking about how your face looks now ?

>> No.9350303

>>9350286
Most of my friends are too blokey-bloke to mention that sorta stuff. I did have one mate say something but he's gay.

>> No.9350313

>>9349932
Humans have a relatively high calcium requirement, since we evolved from species that eat a lot of insects and fruits(insects containing more calcium on average than refined meats).

Quality dairy farms try to keep their animals healthy since that is their source of income..

Saturated with puss, mucus, and foreign hormones... okay, I would like a reference, but let's say you are correct, what food isn't tainted with some sort of issue besides ripe "organic" fruits? Most top ground vegetables produce defensive toxins against mammals, humans don't even have the proper digestive system for a lot of the foods that are staples. hence over-consumption of kale can be destructive to your thyroid, and how people develop gluten sensitivity. Not only that but most crops are sprayed with pesticides.

I used to have acne, and tried various "diets" that didn't do anything, like at all. when I started eating more instinctively, fruits and dairy being a large portion of my diet the condition slightly improved(as did the rest of my health). Truly though, a quality skincare routine is precedent in treating acne, diet being a secondary consideration.

>> No.9350314
File: 142 KB, 640x960, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>mfw perfect skin
>mfw there's been a skin care general always maxing out replies everyday for years now

>> No.9350341
File: 38 KB, 530x300, Tirsty.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9350314
>perfect ass white how
hhmm yess I would like some

>> No.9350388

>>9350313
As for a skincare routine. A mild cleanser that does not have any common irritants or fragrances. Fragrances do not belong in skincare. Perhaps a AHA or BHA exfoliant. I absolutely love salicylic acid(BHA). Benzoyl peroxide can be useful, but I always found it a bit harsh, or at least the formulas were. Then, obviously, whatever moisturizer you prefer. Ideally one that has ingredients that prevent free radical damage, or is resistant to oxidization. Topical niacinamide, retinol formulas, ceramide, and vitamin E all being nice additions.

>> No.9351221

>>9348229
>>9349857
Btw:

A comparison between 2.5% and 10% BP found that they have: "Equivalent efficacy but 10% more burning, erythema and peeling [for the 10%]. Inflammatory lesions: 45% vs 47% reduction." This is, of course, also true for 5%.

See:
Mills OH Jr, Kligman AM, Pochi P, et al. Comparing 2.5%, 5%, and 10% benzoyl
peroxide on inflammatory acne vulgaris. Int J Dermatol 1986;25:664–7.

>> No.9351353

Finna go to the doctor for hopefully my 2nd round of accutane tomorrow

Will my livers die?

>> No.9351381

>>9351353
I took acutane for 6 months. the side effects were bad, but my livers are okay now.

needless to say, i still have acne.

>> No.9351385

>>9351381
I went the same length as you but i didnt seem to get any side effects besides my alcohol tolerance going lower which i assume means my liver was damaged, anyway its been a year and now my acne is back, looking like a 15 year old in my second year of uni really has an affect on my confidence

>> No.9351395

>>9351381
>>9351385
for real? I'm going again for the second time this monday, did 3 months 3 years ago but came but a year later but couldnt afford it now that i can im going back again fuck ill kill myself if it doesnt work this time

>> No.9351401

>>9351395
Good luck man, we gotta deal with the scarring as well...

>> No.9351415

>>9351381
>>9351385

It all depends on the dosage that you take.
It will differ from person to person.

The Doc will let you know what side effects to expect.

>> No.9351420

>>9351401
My scarring is p bad but I can get surgery for that I just want this fucking acne to go away, can't even work with my whole face always hurting.

>> No.9351476

>>9336061
look into food allergies
it helped me alot

>> No.9351542

I've had acne all over my face my neck my chest my back since I was 11. I'm 25 now. Still have. Tried everything from tea leaves to morning after pills to accutane. Changed my pillowcase and bedaheet daily, twice on weekends. Nothing change. Acne all over. I've given up hope and now I just eat everything and pop whichever acne I feel like its going to pop midday and stain my shirt. I've come to term with living with acne.

>> No.9351574

I had persistent mild adult acne.

First: try a strong topical acne cream from a pharmacy (not the supermarket stuff)
If it don't work: try some home remedies and changing your diet (this most likely won't work)
If it don't work: go to a general doctor and request some antibiotics for acne.
If it don't work: go to a dermatologist, let him know what you tried before and he will most likely recommend Accutane (Isotretinoin)

>> No.9351606

Anyone got any ideas how to get rid of ingrown hairs??

>> No.9351649
File: 76 KB, 940x624, pic05-940x624.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9351542
Use a concealer.

Guys can use it to (believe it or not).
Just don't overdo it.

Boost confidence and self esteem.

>> No.9351660

>>9336061
Acne is largely genetic.
Just do the best you can to keep your face/diet clean.

>> No.9351788

>>9351649
Eh, what would you recommend? Haven't used any makeup before, but would be nice to have when I'm going to a party.

>> No.9351805

>>9351649
dat gay nigga

>> No.9351889

>>9351788
just ask for a concealer for blemishes in a make-up store
the staff there will look and see what color your skin is, and provide you with a matching concealer.

>>9351805
dear diary, today I learned that making my acne less visible in order to more successfully attract girls is, in fact, gay. grow the fuck up.

>> No.9351996

Guys try the following:

Wash your face or back with head and shoulders.
The stuff that kills Bacteria which causes dandruff also kills acne bacteria.

DON'T GET IT IN YOUR EYES THOUGH

>> No.9352007

>>9345778
It works man. Alum's good because it's exactly the same no matter what brand you buy, only difference is the expensive stuff like Osma has a smoother finish so it's a bit more pleasant to apply.

>> No.9352189

okay so what you have to do in order to get rid of acne (completely!) is:

- stop eating diary, fruits, vegetables (all high GI)

wash your face 2-4 times daily with block soap (not fluid kind)

pop in the morning when your face is rested and not in the evening

>> No.9352209

>>9351996
dandruff isn't caused by bacteria...

>> No.9352220

>>9351996
no. there are many causes

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dandruff#Causes

dandruff is sometimes caused by a fungus though

>>9352189
this is pure bullshit

>> No.9352362

Hi /fa/, I started using witch hazel in place of a toner that just wasn't working, and it's definitely making a difference in clearing up my red spots. However, it leaves my face beyond dry, despite using some moisturizer. Does anyone know of a good strong moisturizer or something natural (that I can make using household ingredients) that is stronger than the average moisturizer?

>> No.9352380
File: 47 KB, 640x480, IMG-20150118-WA0001.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>ITT people not knowing shit about skincare

>> No.9352659

>>9352362
Anyone?

>> No.9352769

What should I do about pimples all over my body like little bumps?

>> No.9352776

>>9352189
Don't listen to this retard

>>9352769
Stridex pads (red box)

>>9350314
Hehe that's exactly how I feel

>> No.9352780

>>9352380
>posting porn in a sfw board

fuck your skin, get out

>> No.9352845

>>9352380
Really expected this to be a gif.

>>9336061
Can we start these threads with a non-gross image.

>> No.9352859

>>9352362
Does no one on /fit/ use moisturizer?

>> No.9352941

>>9346063
thats your semen, you dont want to lose that or you can never have kids

>> No.9353011

>>9352859
>/fit/

>> No.9353312

I use
In shower:
1. cetaphil cleanser
2. neutrogena naturals 1% salicylic acid
after shower & after shave if I shave:
3. cetaphil daily moisturizer with spf 15 sunscreen

This brought my mild acne down to very mild manageable acne, though I'm having an outbreak right now. Basically got rid of the few bigger pimples I had left. Now I mostly have some very small pimples on my cheeks and occasionally a medium sized one that disappears in less than a week every time.

>> No.9353490

>>9350241
you're an inspiration to get through that. I thank you, seriously. I know how that shit is.

>> No.9353926

>>9336061
I used veltin face gel for a while it did ok but like most all topical creme it dries the hell out of your face. I've now found that just sleeping with a fresh clean towel over your pillow and washing your face with water and nothing else will work better then any medication.

>> No.9353962
File: 35 KB, 750x375, before-after.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I went on Accutane. The only thing that worked. Minocycline just made my IBS worse.

My acne would alternate between left pic and actual pimples.

>> No.9354027

>>9353962

>IBS

i could totally picture u shittin ur pants on the reg

>> No.9354038

>>9353962
im jealous of your hardly scarring, just got my reccomendation letter to the dermatologist today so hopefully i'll get roaccutane again.

Whats the diff between accutane and roaccutane?

>> No.9354041

>>9336118
You're a hideous faggot just kill yourself

>> No.9354085
File: 93 KB, 640x480, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Acne doesn't run in my family. None of my family members had to deal with it, so why do I have it? I eat somewhat healthy (Vegetarian), only drink water (and lots of it)... I don't get it. It's at it's worst right now (I'm 19), before it was just very mild.

Pic related is my current breakout. I haven't shaved in 2 days for fear of irritating my face even more so ignore that. I just want clear skin again ;-;

>> No.9354091

>>9354085
No idea why pic is sideways, sorry

>> No.9354125

>>9354038
Yeah I would pop all my pimples too and they wouldn't leave scars, they'd just heal faster. I had hyperpigmentation for a while but it's almost gone now.

>>9354027
Nah it just feels like I'm giving birth if I happen to eat wheat or sugar alcohols.

>> No.9354132

>>9354085
>so why do I have it?
puberty?

>> No.9354358
File: 187 KB, 1012x1351, 1356650746198.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9337383
>360 degree turn

>> No.9354369

>>9352362
bump on this

>> No.9354372

>>9336061
Abandon all hope.

>> No.9354408

>>9352362
>>9354369
ugh
so tired
but will write anyways

The components of witch hazel allows it to work mainly as an astringent. This doesn't affect sebum (skin fat) production directly, but it does so indirectly and can be used to restrict the production of it in practicality. What this means is that there will be less fat on top of your skin, and this will cause the water in the uppermost layers of the skin to be able to evaporate faster. Sweat excretion is also affected. Astringents will in general make tissues dryer and more compact in general, so witch hazel can be used for people with oily skin in order to dry out their skin a bit more.

Decreasing the amount of sebum in the uppermost layers of the skin/diminishing sebum production in the sebaceous glands can contribute to fewer "microcomedones" and therefore also fewer acne lesions (both inflammatory and non-inflammatory). That's why it helps you.

But it does make you dry. What you need right now is not a moisturizer at all, because you're currently over-dosing on the witch hazel. If you would be in the optimum range, then you would be free from both excessive acne as well as skin dryness. Decrease your dosage of witch hazel by either diluting the oil (with paraffin or some other non-acnegenic oil), or decrease the intervals at which you apply the witch hazel - or both.

Moisturizer comes later, if required.

Hope this helps.

uggh

>> No.9354412

>>9354038
>>9354125
Oh, and forgot to mention, Accutane and roaccutane are the same, the name depends on the country.

>> No.9354414

>>9354408
What do you mean comes later, if required?

Maybe I'm using too much, but before using witch hazel I also noticed that my moisturizer didn't seem to work too well, as I tended to have some dry skin on certain areas on my face constantly (corners of my nose, sides of my nose). Maybe it's eczema or something, but should I try to switch to another moisturizer for that?

>> No.9354418

>>9354408
a good diluting oil would also most likely work as a moisturizer (emollient rather than a humectant), so you wouldn't need it anyways probably. you could apply both at the same time.

>> No.9354437

>>9354414
A moisturizer comes later, if it is required by then, once the over-dosing of witch hazel has ceased.

Dryness can vary across different areas of the skin. Once it's very pronounced it can be classified as some kind of eczema. You could try a moisturizing OTC hydrocortisone cream for the affected areas.

What kind of moisturizer have you used previously?

>> No.9354439

>>9351996
Did this 2 years ago with Selsun Blue and now have two, huge, pitted scars. One is right in the center of my nose and the other is right above my right eyebrow. Stop spreading misinformation you fuck.

>> No.9354520
File: 89 KB, 612x597, 1396063118951.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9348226
iktfb

>> No.9354553

>>9354437
I've been using neutrogena's moisturizer for combination skin for a while now.

>> No.9354609

Anyone else really like looking at acne before and after pictures?

>> No.9354788

>>9354553
I've also used vaseline's repairing moisturizer for my body, but can that be used on my face as well?

>> No.9354841

I was on accutane until a month ago. these days when I wash my hair, it's so dry and brittle that it's hard to lather the hair with shampoo, and when I try to lather tens of my hair fall out..

What should I do? Shower less?

>> No.9354844

>>9354841
Wear a shower cap, it's not rocket science.

>> No.9354849

>>9354844
do you know what's the actual problem with me?

>> No.9354875

>>9338831
I have it and its amazing. Just remember to moisturize like 10 minutes after and put on sunscreen in the morning

>> No.9355019

Been using barsoap and CeraVe moisturizer for a week now and my forehead acne still isn't improving.

Should I buy the CeraVe cleaser as well? I'm in my mid-20s and never had acne problems till a year ago. Then I started getting forehead acne.

>> No.9355030

>>9355019
What kind of skin do you have?

Does your hairstyle hang down to your forehead?

>> No.9355043

>>9354849
Your hair is dry after accutane, wash it less often.

>> No.9355055

just stop eating shit food and it'll go away.

>> No.9355076

>>9355030
I'm not sure what skin type i am...what types are there?

Also I tend to buzz my hair and let it grow out. Right now it's long and does hang over my forehead a bit.

>> No.9355100

>>9355055
Clearly you have never had acne.

Personally I managed to get mine down to this level:>>9353962 (left)
by quitting dairy, peanuts & eating very little fats & proteins (mostly fruit, vegetables & a bit of vegetarian protein) Could never make it fully go away though.

>> No.9355104

I've had slight skin irritation (red raises in my skin) since late middle school. I've used Clea & Clear deep cleanse, lots of Neutrogena, and some Aveeno scrub. I recently started using Queen Helen honey & oatmeal scrub along with Queen Helen mint julep mask, along with drinking more water & taking my anti-anxiety pills and my skin has not only lessened in redness and bumps but also reduced in wrinkles! Even though I smoke and am a senior in college people still think I look 18! So glad for Meds, water, and Queen Helen

>> No.9355183 [DELETED] 

test post pls ignore

>> No.9355309

>>9336245

On of the side effects is stunted growth and both of my friends who used it are under 5'10.

>> No.9355343

>>9347451

There is no calcium benefit from drinking milk. The health benefits of milk is one of the biggest myths the general population believes. There is literally nothing good about drinking milk.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/11/18/upshot/got-milk-might-not-be-doing-you-much-good.html

>> No.9355355

>>9347451

In 2011, The Journal of Bone and Mineral Research published a meta-analysis examining whether milk consumption might protect against hip fracture in middle-aged and older adults. Six studies containing almost 200,000 women could find no association between drinking milk and lower rates of fractures.

Even studies that examine the nutrients in milk, trying to look for protective effects, often come up short. A 2007 meta-analysis in the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition examined high-quality studies of how calcium intake was related to fractures. The many studies of more than 200,000 people age 34 to 79 could find no link between total calcium intake and the risk of bone fractures.

There’s nothing wrong with a periodic glass because you like it. But there’s very little evidence that most adults need it. There’s also very little evidence that it’s doing them much good.

Just eat the kale.

>> No.9355435

>>9355355
Drinking milk made my teeth whiter.

>> No.9355479

>>9355435

no

>> No.9355938
File: 38 KB, 500x299, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9348226
>mfw an actor's close up with perfect skin

>> No.9355979

Tazorac + Benzoyl Peroxide every night keeps me clear. Stopped taking antibiotics because I'm concerned I'll get MRSA growing on my skin.

>> No.9355983

>>9336333
Accutane is some serious shit. Wish it had worked for me. I took it for two weeks and then started getting extremely bloody shits and some of my hair fell out so I stopped.

>> No.9355986

>>9355355
>Just eat the kale.

I'm going to assume you're American and aren't familiar with just how much 660g is, especially for a leafy vegetable.

>> No.9356043

>>9336061
How the hell does this even happen? That is absolutely fucking disgusting.

>> No.9356992

>>9355986

juice some of it it.

>> No.9357478

>>9355983
what the fuck

>> No.9359048
File: 229 KB, 592x671, picture087.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

So, my acne isn't awful, but it's sure as fuck not good. I'm young enough to be able to chalk it up to age, but my brother (who's two years older than me) still has acne and I really don't want to have acne by the time I'm in uni; all my friends have clear skin nowadays and mine is getting steadily worse. I don't think my acne is bad enough for me to get a prescription for accutane. What do, /fa/?

I'll be on tomorrow to respond to anyone who gives me an answer, got a test in the morning, and need to go to bed.

>> No.9359285

>>9359048
What have you used before to treat it?

>> No.9359466

Anyone tried the Aztecs secrete clay thing ?

>> No.9360643

>>9359285
Sorry for the slow response, my laptop wasn't posting for some reason so I had to wait to get home.

I've mostly used Kiehls stuff, though I now know it's not the best brand in the world. Moisturizer, cleanser, and spot removal primarily, though I've tried some other stuff here and there too.

>> No.9360650

>>9355019
stop using bar soap right now and get a proper face cleaner. cerave is ok

>> No.9360796

>>9360643
You have been using Salicylic Acid, try Benzoyl Peroxide and see if it works.
If the Benzoyl Peroxide doesn't work get antibiotics for acne from a regular doctor.

Also, you can get accutane for mild acne, you will just get a lower dosage, but only use it as a last resort.

>> No.9360807

>>9360796
Thanks a ton man, will do. Any ideas for brands, or should I look on lebbit or some shit

>> No.9360995

>>9360807
Any brand will do. Just make sure it has at least 5% benzoyl peroxide.

>> No.9361128

>>9360995
Generally nope.

See:
>>9337758
>>9349857
>>9351221

Remember, though, that water-based mixtures are better tolerated than alcohol-based ones. It may also be possible that you tolerate BP better than most others (and are able to use a higher %), but that is statistically unlikely.

>> No.9361285

>>9361128
>>9360995
Thanks, bought the acne.org one, will eventually post progress.

>> No.9361326

>>9360807
Assuming your OP, listen here cos I had and fought acne. This is what you'll need, it will be expensive but worth it. Your skin will look great.

Do this every day

FOREMOST:
3L of water a day. minimum. Water keeps your body healthy, which keeps your skin healthy. simple as that.

BREAKFAST: Take zinc and fish oil tablets every morning with breakfast. I usually go 2 fish oil, one zinc. Depends if I'm having fish that day or not.
Having a Green tea with lemon in it will also work wonders for your body's immune system as a whole, and will help clear up and improve skin.

SHOWER
Use a quality face cleanser. You might opt for one with exfoliating properties to lift dead skin and help restore the healthy look of skin. If you do, don't use it every day. I have two cleansers. One smooth, one exfoliant. I alternate on a daily basis.

MORNING
Wash skin with a LIGHT cleanser (cetaphil) or water. Rub Benzoyl Peroxide (I used 2.5% as 5% dried my skin too much) over whole face. Like a moisturiser. Wait to dry, then moisturise face. Use a good moisturiser, preferably water based.

NIGHT: Clean skin again, just water will do. Jet a lemon and squeeze a small amount of juice out. With a Q-tip, apply juice directly onto effected areas and spots. Lemon helps naturally dry skin, as well as bleach it. If you want acne scars to fade quicker, apply lemon juice to them (but only the scar)

If you do this regularly, your skin will be clear in 3 months. Though lifestyle changes must accompany too, such as not eating shitty foods, drink only water, keep dairy products to a minimum, and foods with preservatives. Also wheat should be kept to a minimum too.

There is no single product that will help. you must make a lifestyle change if you want better skin.

>> No.9361332

>>9355355

What about bioavailability of nutrients?

>> No.9361475

>>9361326
I appreciate what you're doing. It's a good thing of you to do this kind of write-up.

I'd like to point out some things, though:

- Water requirements differ among individuals. It is mainly dependent on body size, diet, and activity levels. 3 liters are not recommended for women. 3 liters (13 cups) for men and 2.2 liters (9 cups) for women are the average adequate intake (see sources in links).

Some guides on adequate water intake here:
http://www.cdc.gov/nutrition/everyone/basics/water.html
http://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-living/nutrition-and-healthy-eating/in-depth/water/art-20044256

Also, I'd like to mention that no study (as far as I've seen) establishes a connection between water intake and acne severity. Increased consumption of pure water could indirectly lead to less acne though, considering that this would implicate a lower intake of diary and high-GI foods - that has been shown to /possibly/ aggravate acne.

>zinc supplement
Some indication of that it could help:
http://www.med.nyu.edu/content?ChunkIID=21654#P4
http://www.acne.org/zinc-reviews-200/

>fish oil
Mixed results.
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3543297/

>green tea
Immune health: Negated by EFSA:
http://www.efsa.europa.eu/en/efsajournal/pub/2055.htm

>lemon
Yes, green tea with lemon is not harmful - but it's unlikely to affect anything since the dosage is very low.

>exfoliation
Yes, but not a mechanical one. Use chemical exfoliation, like various alpha-hydroxy acids, beta-hydroxy acids, benzoyl peroxide.

>benzoyl peroxide in the morning
No. BP is a keratolytic and an irritant. Helping remove excess "corneocytes" (former living skin cells) in the "stratum corneum" (top layer of skin) will expose the underlying living tissue to more UV radiation. Use benzoyl peroxide in the evenings instead.

>> No.9361479

>>9361326
>Use a water-based moisturizer
This depends on your skin condition. In general you should use a moisturizer that has more fatty "occlusives" (that hold moisture in the skin and make it more pliable, see "emollients") the dryer your skin is. More occlusives generally make your skin more oily (this depends on the oil, though). Humectant-based moisturizers work as well. CeraVe/Cetaphil has some products designed specifically for the face.

>Lemon on affected areas and spots
Partly yes, partly absolutely not. The active ingredient in this regard is citric acid (not ascorbic acid, as some people tend to believe). Citric acid can act as an effective keratolytic, but is rarely used as an other AHA (glycolic acid) has greater skin penetration due to its smaller size. There are better options for it.
Citric acid/lemon juice/acids in general should not be used on broken skin (wounds, open acne lesions) as this /will/ damage the sensitive healing tissue and slow wound healing.

Hope this cleared some things up.

>> No.9361491

>>9336201
Fuck dude, I haven't seen you in years! It's Jacob.

>> No.9361567

>>9361479
>>9361475
>>9361326
Christ, thanks for putting in all the effort, guys. Will be working on all this shit. Should be interesting.

>> No.9361595

i have literally tried everything. only thing that worked is accutane, so dont bother with lemon and shit guys

>> No.9361609

>>9361595
>anecdotal evidence

>> No.9361933

So I've started taking the green tea + lemongrass cups for my Keurig into the bathroom after they cool down slightly post-brew.

I peel them open and use about a third of the contents as a scrub, hit the benzoyl, then moisturizer, then go sip my tea with ridiculously soft skin.

This actually seems to be helping. My face is the cleanest, and most important clearest it's been in my whole life. I killed 95% of my acne months ago, but the discoloration stayed. The ground up tea scrub seems to be getting rid of that.

Is this actually a good idea? Also your mileage may vary.

>>9337155
Doesn't organic milk contribute less because of the hormonal difference?

>> No.9361938

>>9361933
P.S. The k-cup brand I'm using for this are the Tazo Zen, green tea + lemongrass.

I hit it while the cup is warm but not "oh god just brewed don't touch."

Some other Keurigfag should try this with me.

>> No.9362046

Pharmacistfag here, don't use any medicated soaps with the epiduo, it makes your face super dry and irritated. Use the gentlest shit you can find to wash your face before applying it. Doctors fail to mention this for some reason

>> No.9362226

>>9337155

>The relationship between diet and acne is unclear as there is no good quality evidence.

>There is weak evidence of a positive association between the consumption of milk and a greater rate and severity of acne.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acne_vulgaris#Diet

>> No.9364059

>>9336061
I have nice skin. I only use dove men plus care once a week. My skin is always smoth as a baby butt

>> No.9364245

>>9364059
nice contribution to the discussion, retard

>> No.9366097

does anyone know of moisturiser and/or sunscreen that doesn't make your skin greasy and shiny?

>> No.9366102

>>9366097
What's your skin type? You might like Bliss' Groovy Peeling serum or a mattifier like the ones that Avène and Murad sell

>> No.9366108

>>9366102
it's normal, maybe a bit on the oily side. I have both hormonal and cystic. It's under control right now but my skin is always greasy

>> No.9366902

Aight OP here is the deal.

>Stay away from milk and dairy products as much as possible. Milk has a lot of hormone and lactose, which often leads to acne.
>Stay away from chocolate, greasy foods and excess sugar. While fat and unhealthy food doesnt directly lead to acne and bad skin, eating unhealthy and excess sugar will lead to it over a short period. Stay healthy.
>Drink a lot of water. Water, coffee and tea.
>Find your trigger food. Somebody have trigger foods, others dont. Mine personally is Soda and chocolate.
>Dont pop your zits/blackheads. Only if they are swelling with pus or are "ripe"(in the sense that they are clearly filled with a lot of pus). If you have to, then clean your hands first, then wipe off the area with a wet clean towel or disposiable wet tissue.
>Stay the fuck away from your face, dont touch it, you're just adding batecria to the face you fat fuck wtf is wrong with you.
>Excercise regulary.
>Change your bedsheets once a week atleast. If you go over a week, put a towel over your pillow
>Shower everyday. it's important not to be filthy, all over your body. you might touch your privates while you sleep, and then touch your face.
>Learn to cover up bad acne with foundation. It's okay bro, you can use it, just not in excess.
>Eat the pills your doctor gives you. The clearisil and all the other lotions dont work.
>Clean your face, but dont irritate your skin. Cleaning and washing your face too much will lead to more acne. Sometimes you gotta let the oils in your face just sit and do their thing.
>Tan every once in a while. tanning and getting out in the sun will dry up some of the oils and is good for your face/health.
>Go out and get some fresh air.
>Stop smoking
>Stop using weight powder/protien
take it from an acne survivor

>> No.9366913
File: 6 KB, 241x243, 1420741624243.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9366902

>> No.9366920

>>9366913

im concerned for you well being.

are you a gay or a woman?

>> No.9367055

>>9366902
This

most lotions and moisturizers are snakeoil. Get Antibiotica or something similar from your doctor, only thing that works.

Ofc you gotta keep your skin healthy and moist, but most regular facecreams will do that

>> No.9368277

>>9337712
I think all those dry-skin acne case of treatment are fairly successful.
Oily skin however are hard.

>> No.9368313
File: 224 KB, 632x670, DKDHVoJ[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9336061
Hello, i'm a fairly new on this board. I'm 23 and had this awful acne (pic related, sorry for the lighting) since i was 15~. Right now what you can see in pick related are mostly scarred areas.
I've tried eating relatively sugar-poor food and azelaine acid-based medicine (for a month). Had almost no impact with the medicine.
Because of my chronical kidney disease, i'm afraid to use salicylic acid-based medicine. Any advice?

>> No.9368641

>>9368313
Lemon juice on site maybe

>> No.9368653

>>9364059
Fuck you

>> No.9368679

routine:

wash face in the morning with warm water and during the day
before sleep, warm water with soap, baby powder and tea tree oil on critical spots. seriously try the oil it works wonders
clean towel on pillow, change it every 3 days

>> No.9368818
File: 24 KB, 376x494, 1421612621054.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>9368641

>>9361479

>> No.9369002

>>9368313
try honey

http://www.acne.org/honey-mask-reviews-372/

>> No.9369314

i have freckles, how do i get rid of them

>> No.9369404

>>9350241
2 months on Roaccutane now. I can see improvements.

>> No.9369469

>>9336064
What if shower water pops my acne sometimes? And no I don't have one of those shower heads where the pressure can be adjusted.

>> No.9370128

>>9338831

worked really well for me for a while. then one day it didn't :<

>>9350241

congratulations i'm sure you feel so much better. 10 months is a long time. i'm guessing you don't live in the states.

>>9352189

dumbest shit i've ever heard

>>9352769

Sounds like you have keratosis pilaris. So do I. Been using amlactin and it's working really well.

I'm 27, been on 3 courses of accutane and i've had acne since I was 9. Now I have mild acne, seborrheic dermatitis and eczema. My regimen goes like this:

Morning -

>wash face with ketoconazole shampoo in shower, let sit for 2 minutes
>get out of shower and wash face again with purpose
>apply clindamycin lotion all over face and hydrocortisone 2.5% to any scaly patches
>apply amlactin lotion over entire body below my neck

if i'm going out and wearing make-up then i skip my topicals and simply use jojoba oil to moisturize.

Night -

>wash face with purpose
>apply clindamycin + hydrocortisone again
>apply desonide to neck if scaly patches are present (pretty much always)
>apply aveeno sensitive skin body lotion all over from neck down

one of these days i'm probably just going to give up. i'm sick of fighting so hard against my shit genetics.

>> No.9371274

Mild persistent acne, super-sensitive skin so BP/retinoids just destroyed it and made it look 10x worse. I stuck it out on topical retinoids for at least 6 months each time, not just getting impatient with the initial breakout.
Resorted to Accutane 2x: 2007, 2014.

I've been off for less than a month, oil coming back to a normal level, I'm using Finacea (Azelaic acid 15% gel) and it seems to be working well at making my skin smooth. After the Accutane my skin wasn't even perfectly smooth, I was getting a lot of non-inflamed tiny dot-bumps, dunno what they were, didn't look/feel like acne, but the Finacea has made my skin more perfect than it ever was even on Accutane, and it's been only 1 week on the Finacea. I think it's cuz my skin is thinned by Accutane right now and allows the Finacea to absorb and take effect faster than the usual month or two it takes to see full effects.

Bottom line is there is no perfet solution to acne for everyone. Accutane is only temporary ~1-5 yr for most ppl, no matter what studies you're being quoted. I am a medical student at UPenn, we invented RetinA, we have the best research dermatologists in teh world here, and even they know that. Everybody's skin reacts differently to different drugs, so it's sadly just that you have to try tons of shit for years, suffering through initial breakouts and bad reactions and *HOPE* that one of them works.

If you were born with good skin genetics, fuck you.

>> No.9372238

>>9371274

>If you were born with good skin genetics, fuck you.

this

>> No.9372523
File: 284 KB, 960x1280, IMG_20150109_234743.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Not sure if I have blackheads or what. But I have hairs on the side of the bridge of my nose and on the tip of my nose and spreading to the actual side, I have black dots.

Ive tried strips but not only is it not good for me, it only removes white fillaments.

>> No.9373986

How to apply sunscreen to face?

Do I spread it across my face, or like dab it in?

>> No.9374157
File: 7 KB, 258x211, 7a3.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

okay /fa/ I posted before and didn't get much.
My skin is pretty healthy and clear, apart from the occasional irritation spot. My nose is also pretty oily, and I have a lot of those little black sebaceous filaments throughout. My forehead is also a little dry and gets a bump once in a while.

I've never really washed my face much (I just scrub it with my fingers) but I'd like to minimize the black spots on my nose and just clean up and make my skin a bit healthier. What do I need? A facial wash? Something else? I feel like I don't need a huge array of products like everyone else struggling with acne does, so I'd prefer to keep it minimal, just don't wanna dry out my face or something. Thanks again.

>> No.9374180

>>9372523
Those are just sebaceous glands. Everyone has them. If your pores are bigger, they'll be more prominent.

>> No.9374211

>>9373986
are seriously asking this question?

jesus christ the stupidity of /fa/ never ceases to amaze me

>> No.9374215

>>9369469
Splash water gently in your face instead of using the shower head.

>> No.9374235

>wash your face morning and night

Do people seriously do this? I have never once done this and have no acne, don't you fags wash your face in the shower?

>> No.9374248

>>9374211
Answer it then

>> No.9374792

>>9372523
http://www.wikihow.com/Get-Rid-of-Blackheads-on-Your-Nose

http://www.wikihow.com/Make-Your-Pores-Smaller

>> No.9374802

>>9374235
>everyones skin is the same

>> No.9374846
File: 16 KB, 518x251, e208bc7a48fc2ce785b4e80676f73bcf.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I know nothing about skin care but heard that washing your face with baking soda prevents acne/is good for your skin is this true?

>> No.9374881

>>9374248
actually use a spray on sunscreen

>> No.9374912

>>9361128
fuck your sources, its quite obvious that 10% works a lot better for me. have u even fucking tried it?

>>9368313
thats not awful acne you faggot thats barely anything

>> No.9374936

>>9374846
Fuck no. Baking soda is an irritant. Also do not put lemon juice, cinnamon, or any other retarded ass pinterest shit on your face.

>> No.9374953

>>9374936
BP is an irritant too fucktard

baking soda has never given me any side effects

>> No.9374957

>>9374953
I never mentioned BP you fucking idiot. Baking soda may not give you side effects but for someone that is prone to breakouts or other shit on their face, they shouldn't take it. Not everyone has your skin.

>> No.9374960

>>9374248
thats something i hope you've figured out by now. how to put on sunscreen is literally something you learn as a kid. grow up motherless?

>> No.9374966

I dont do anything, I wash with cold water every day or so, and i dont touch my face. if you have decent non hormonal skin this will be sufficient. and doing anything else will probably make it worse, tbh.

>> No.9374969

>>9374912
Did you read this part?

>It may also be possible that you tolerate BP better than most others (and are able to use a higher %), but that is statistically unlikely.

>> No.9375831

>>9347451
Almond Milk

>> No.9375848

>>9359466
YES. Its amazing. Actually have a mask of it on right now lol

>> No.9376691
File: 304 KB, 1148x1022, 1398824380934.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

TL;DR the thread but if you want to get rid of acne and you haven't already tried..
>Go to local chemist
>Ask for Doxycycline
>Use for about 6 months
no more pimples wow so good very nice