[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/fa/ - Fashion

View post   

File: 408 KB, 500x345, 1413479643151.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8960869 No.8960869 [Reply] [Original]

Does some of you have experience with acne, accutane, and all that shit ?

I take accutane since a year now. The good news is that i don't have any big pimples on my face anymore, my mild acne is kinda gone. I still have some pimples, but only small ones, and they disappear somewhat quickly.

Now the bad news is that my face still looks like a battlefield, mostly because my skin goes red very quickly ( especially on the "bridge" of the nose ), scars here and there and some very strange "bumps" under the skin.

I will see my dermatologist in two weeks, but in the meantime i wonder if some of you had similar experiences and can share informations.

Thanks.

>> No.8960877

I got rid of the acne, for sure, but I was left with acne marks. It's a fair tradeoff, I guess. I used to have fuck awful acne and I'm fine with these little brown marks.

>> No.8960892

Accutane removed all my scarring and everything after about 7 months, so I don't know what happened with you.

I wish my doctor kept me on for just another month or something because I started to break out a month later.

>> No.8960917

If you had that god awful cystic boy acne, having rough skin and permanent scarring is pretty normal. Ask your dermatologist about some treatments that speed up skin cell turnover and reduce pigmentation.* It might fade as years pass by.

*scarred skin gets slightly pigmented to protect the healing tissue from UV damage.