[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/fa/ - Fashion

View post   

File: 81 KB, 1000x1000, paul-smith-shoe-paul-smith-tan-leather-grand-brogues-shoe-skxc-m076-cit-p15435-42676_zoom[1].jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8519263 No.8519263[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

these cool?

haven't had anything brown in my shoe rotation for a while and these are on sale. i want something a little more lax/chill, not just a basic brown derby.

i wear pretty basic shit otherwise, these are ok with like blue jeans, maroon/dark green sweater?

i don't usually wear much color but i want to get some earthy-toned fits going for the fall.

or suggest some other brown derbies/brogues with a similar vibe?

>> No.8519325

come on guys

don't make me have to samefag

>> No.8519359

no, the patterns are too gaudy and brown in general is awful
just buy black martens instead, trust me

>> No.8519368

dont u knoe black the only acceptable colour ever

>> No.8519442

>>8519359
>black martens

i feel like treating myself something nice, not poor people shoes.

>>8519368
i guess so. i have enough of everything in black though.

>> No.8519464

>>8519263

Those look pretty good. Just so you know Paul Smith's shoes aren't known for their quality. Get Alden or Allen Edmonds instead.

>> No.8519470

>>8519464
that's interesting. you have personal experience, or what have you heard?

>> No.8519843

>>8519263
i can't really say much as to the design; it's just a generic brogue.
but i'll tell you that that leather isn't so good quality
if you're not wanting these to last or look good for a long time of wear then ok
otherwise, pass

>> No.8519884

>>8519843
yeah that's not a huge factor for me, this is the kind of design i expect to probably hate in about six months anyway. it's not exactly timeless. just for next fall.

but i am curious how you can discern good and bad-quality leather? is it because the eyelet tabs look so thin and flimsy?

>> No.8519940

>>8519884
I can tell because I've handled a similar looking shoe before (though the pair I handled were burgundy) and I can tell you that it's all shiny like that because it's laminated with something. Some kind of plastic - think doc martens non-greasy styles, their typical leather. This is the same deal. It's trying to imitate another leather type with those lighter patches, but with those pictures being so clear it's obvious, as it would be obvious if you held them in your hands.

This is done to leather generally because it wasn't good quality leather in the first place, and this "polished" treatment helps to disguise that.

They won't look very nice after some wear, particularly near on the vamp where it will crease most. Leather can crease nicely, plastic does not.

If it's as cheap as a sneaker, then there's no real problem. If it costs more than that I personally don't think it's worth it in general, as alternatives spring to mind that would be much better overall, like >>8519464 has already listed 2 better alternatives.

Your money though, don't let me stop you from buying what I consider to generally be junk.

>> No.8519990

>>8519940
thanks, good shit.