[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/fa/ - Fashion

View post   

File: 1.59 MB, 256x192, HankHose.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8397681 No.8397681 [Reply] [Original]

>Cleaning question

So I have some weird shoes. They're canvas mostly with suede parts and rubber soles.

Say I get mud on these, how the fuck do I clean them? I had canvas shoes before and tried the toothpaste thing and completely ruined them forever. These cost me quite a lot of money so I don't want them to get ruined.

>> No.8398036

Please, or I will cry :(

>> No.8398042

maybe try cif?
thats what I use but i never tried it on canvas because i dont have any canvas shoes

>> No.8398044

a toothbrush and water on the canvas, a toothbrush without water on the suede, a toothbrush with water on the rubber. also you put your right leg in the right side of your pants and your left leg in the left side. hope this helps.

>> No.8398056

you can use a wet toothbrush to clean the canvas part.

if the souls are white you can make a paste with baking soda and water and brush the souls of your sneakers (this is also good for brushing your teeth (don't brush your teeth more than bi-weekly like this though it can do more harm than good))

as for the suede they sell suede protection spray and suede cleaner at walgreens and I'm sure at other places too

>> No.8398083

>>8398056
Thanks, but when I did that before it just caused the mud to stain yellow everywhere.

>> No.8398163

>>8397681

The real question here is
why are you buying Canvas shoes

>> No.8398167

>>8398083
then use a soapy toothbrush, but not toothpaste

>> No.8398198

>>8398163
Because this pair of shoes look good. They're just casual mocassins to wear to the pool etc... But ofc they will inevitably get dirty at SOME point.