[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/fa/ - Fashion

View post   

File: 16 KB, 320x320, Giorgio-Armani-Acqua-Di-Gio-Mens-1.7-ounce-Eau-de-Toilette-Spray-P12242934.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8392993 No.8392993 [Reply] [Original]

Hey guys just looming for some reccomendations here , I'm 23M been single for a year looking to get back into the dating scene , never really bought myself cologne , my ex hated all that, but just looking forward to some products that u recommend (Cologne ,, body wash , shampoo ) ... what do u ladies like

>> No.8393198
File: 69 KB, 283x294, o-1.1298.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

I wear Terre d'Hermes, both the eau de toilette and the deodorant. Never gotten more compliments from both girls and guys.
Shampoo I use is System Professional Maxximum, and a neutral smelling body wash.

>> No.8393206

>>8393198
Every cologne smells differently on different people though, so go to a perfume store and try a few out on your skin.

>> No.8393232

don't wear cologne a lot of people are allergic or find strong smells offensive... you will get better results from being freshly showered, clean, freshly shaved, pubes kept neat, white teeth, fresh minty breath (extra gum or mints), deoderant or antiperspirant (unscented), skin exfoliated and moisturized, and a fresh hair cut, freshly clean clothes, sock, underwear.

>> No.8393274

>>8393232
A good cologne can enhance the things you listed though. Just don't put too much on, don't let it be offensive and super obvious. People should notice it when they're close to you, not when you walk past them

>> No.8393326

>>8392993
Got the Acqua di gio thing and I get lots of compliments for it..
Polo black is also nice its a bit more manly

>> No.8393379

>>8393198
Is Terre d'Hermes a good summer scent. I need something better for warmer weather

>> No.8393724

>>8393232
exfoliated and moisturized with what?

>> No.8393880

in my experience, Armani Sport Code and Versace Pour Homme have been pretty good. each a modest but really nice smell.

>> No.8393933

i am as well searching for decent cologne.

I can recommend (even though massively overused)

aqua di gio, guerlain homme, boss bottled.

Also I heard Sun by Jill Sander is a really nice one.

>> No.8396471

>>8392993
>what do u ladies like

What matters is what do you like?

If you wear something you like, you subconsciously begin to act more confident. That's the real aphrodisiac - confidence.

And I don't mean being a douche or vulgar, I mean quiet confidence that tells you you're better than most people, but you're always happy to give them your time. Because how else are they going to improve?

Gorgio Armani is always a good brand to start with - most people love their Code. Don't listen to the fucks who say you shouldn't buy it because everybody wears it - they want it for themselves.

Besides, most goons are now drowning in 1 Million.

It's up to you - but unless you want to smell like a mens changing room, stay the fuck away from scents marketed to the younger gentleman, and are described as "Fresh".

>> No.8396477

>>8393232
>a lot of people are allergic
This is a good way to save yourself effort.

If they are allergic, you probably don't want to hang around with them.

You won't catch anything, but they will annoy the shit out of you, because everyday is "Oh... I can't eat/wear/fuck that because I'm allergic".

>> No.8396478

>>8393379
nope. i would only use terre for nights or winter days. in summer it will be too offensive

>> No.8396484

>>8396471
>mfw store lady recommends me 1 million

fucking retards i swear, i told her i'll choose with my own tastes instead. her face when i said that lol

>> No.8396517

>>8396484
I'm sure some people like it. But I'm more sure they get commission for keeping it Number 1 in sales.

It's a swindle brand by Paco Rabanne - It costs about the same as a decent scent, but it's always on sale, enticing ignorant shoppers to buy.

It could actually be a good fragrance with the right body chemistry if the morons stopped drowning themselves in it.

>> No.8396564 [DELETED] 

>>8396484
I'm curious, what did she say afterwards?

>tfw I love trolling people at their jobs because I know they can't do/say anything to stop me if they want to keep their jobs.

>> No.8397004

Colognes I own that I truly enjoy: S=summer, A= All, W=fall/winter

Gucci Pour Homme II A
Chergui W (tentative summer wear)
Versace Pour Homme A/S
Versace Dreamer A
YSL L'homme A/S
YSL La nuit de L'homme A (nights)
Dior Homme A
Bleu de Chanel A /S
Burberry London W
Rochas Man W

>> No.8397010

I'd stay away from Acqua di Gio, Armani Code, Polo Black, AF Fierce, Nautica Voyage, and possibly Davidoff Coolwater in order to make the chances of smelling like an ex/brother/dad smaller.

>> No.8397248

>>8393379
>>8396478
i disagree. it's fairly light, nothing about Terre d'Hermes suggests fall/winter imo

>> No.8397253

>>8397004
>YSL La nuit de L'homme A (nights)

Don't see it working on warm nights. Too boozy, would be sickening.