[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/fa/ - Fashion

View post   

File: 279 KB, 640x1136, image.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8126998 No.8126998[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

I'm starting to think social media isn't effay at all. Thoughts? Do any of you still use Facebook?

>> No.8127001

>>8126998
it isn't. stop using all kinds of social media and be like an unreachable monk. no, facebook is for plebs

>> No.8127003

I still use Facebook to follow my autistic ironic meme pages.
Humanity 3, dream de la meme, those sort.
It's not /fa/ at all unless you use it for fashion related purposes.

I have a small cult following on fb.

>> No.8129237

bump

>> No.8129246

tumblr is cool. i just like pics on it and reblog shit. only my gf and bro and 2 friends follow me on it tho

facebook i go on every couple days for a minute but i never post. same with twitter

got much better things to do than those lame ass websites tho

>> No.8129268

I've tried to quit facebook, but then i'm pretty much cutting myself off from long distance friends.

>> No.8129292

4chan is social media

>> No.8129314

>>8126998
facebook and almost all social media platforms are definitely not 'effay' as they encourage attention seeking in the form of instant gratification from conformity and a selfish obsessiveness over yourself

it makes you insecure, caring too much about how others perceive you and your 'profile'

top examples are people like bai chen or whatever his name is; just look at his instagram. the whole thing is so formulated to construct his 'fashionable' persona that it comes off as fake and when you consider he's really an ugly asian dweeb it's even sadder

caring that much is definitely not fashionable and it's actually pretty fucked up, but in this day and age of social media and metaphorical identity loss it's nothing out of the usual

>> No.8129496

>>8127003
Are you in the community?

>> No.8129649

I wouldn't use it if I didn't have such a big Fanbase on there, it's pretty integral to my career, I much prefer Twitter these days

>> No.8129685

if you dont post and only use it for messages its fa

people might think youre a serial killer tho

>> No.8129710

ya'll are talkin about social networking platforms
social media is just fuckin online communication
any web forum is social media
and irc n usenet n shit to a limited extent

>> No.8129743

>>8129246

>got much better things to do than those lame ass websites tho

Yet here you are on 4chan

>> No.8129748

im just on fb to keep up to date with the music artists

>>8127003
what fashion related pages do you like?

>> No.8129749

>>8129748
same, but twitter's better my guy
tweetdeck is based for keeping up w/ news

>> No.8129750

>>8129685
This is me.
>profile pic a year old
>last status back in 2012
>timeline full of others posting on my wall

>> No.8129776

>>8129292
>Anonymous
>Social Media

>> No.8129787

I don't have as much fun with it anymore.

Also more family so I kinda have to tone things down.

Also I've noticed I get more likes than ever but not as much comments. Almost like people hit like but never want to interact.

Also people are scared to post selfies or deep thoughts or political stuff. So that narrows it down to the one person who only posts selfies. The one person who only posts deep stuff and song lyrics. And the one guy who only posts political rants.

>> No.8129788

Social media is NSA tracking tools. It made them much easier to track us what we've been up to.
I still use facebook, but never post my personal details. It's for watching shared cat videos and vines. And not forgetting bullshit articles 'What you should stop doing when you are in 20s.'

>> No.8129800

>>8129776
it's still an online community

>> No.8129821

I use snapchat to send n receive noods
n check facebook maybe once a week but only for messages because my feed is absolutely disgusting because a stupid friend of mine decided to add 1000+ friends when I left my facebook on at his place

>> No.8129833

i have facebook, but haven't updated my wall in maybe 2 years. is there a way to check what my last status was?

>not using facebook messaging to maintain your social life

>> No.8129835

>>8129787
>The one person who only posts deep stuff and song lyrics
I did that for a while. Then I deleted my facebook account.

>> No.8129845

Got rid of my fb and last fm a year ago, don't have anything else.
I sometimes look at /fa/ggot tumblrs, and /g/ay blogs, and I know that tumblr is a blog I just felt like differing the two.
I don't have an account on either.

Feels good man, it's like I'm in the early 2000s except I have a smartphone (well not anymore since I bricked it fucking with firmware shit, so now I'm stuck with a dumbphone, so totally early 2000s)

>> No.8129896

>>8129788
this, all this

>> No.8129983

>>8129788
NSA is fucking drowning in information. Most of intelligence gathering starts with open sources, about 95-96%, most searching starts there too. Only then do they dig deeper into the more protected stuff.
Anyway, almost all of this stuff is gathered and stored, but there isn't nearly enough time to go through all that shit: you NEED humans to analyse it. So unless you're doing something positively sketchy, you don't really have much to worry about.

That said, people are extremely predictable if you have enough information. That's why advertising agencies can know what you want before you do.

Tl;dr: don't be too worried, but do keep in mind that everything is stored.

I quoted you but this is more of a general post.

>> No.8130133

>>8126998
facebook messenger and being able to check event invites is pretty useful. nothing else on it is /fa/

>> No.8130206

It's a really effective way to disseminate info about shows I'm playing in or promoting so I like it as a service

Also pretty nice for communication, especially with groups of people

>> No.8130216

VK is kind of cool.

>> No.8130240

I never used fb or any other social media site.

>> No.8130254

>>8126998
i guess it is for some people, they want to have friends they feel close to but never talk to outside of facebook.

also some people need the social/noble lie they present on facebook in order to live with themsevles i guess.

i don't really use it, but it is an effective marketing tool as i have used coupons that it has "sent" me in the past at the establishments they logged me visiting with the GPS funtion on my phone

>> No.8130255

Don't use facebook, hardly any of my friends use it actually. We prefer to actually hang out.

>> No.8130257

>>8129268
this, exactly the reason i still have facebook. although just to maintain contact with people superficially

>> No.8130540

Facebook is useful, you can ask something to someone if you don't have his phone number, you can work, send some files. All of this in one website.
Twitter is useless though.

>> No.8130567

I only use Tumblr, Facebook and Instagram.

If you want to hear my excuse, Tumblr is good for self expression. Instagram got me laid multiple times so there's no way I'm deleting that shit. Facebook just sucks altogether, but I rarely text people back so Facebook has to be there for people to message me if need be.

Is it fah to be elusive/busy?