[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/fa/ - Fashion

View post   

File: 107 KB, 480x400, 14353001.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8094111 No.8094111[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Best way to lace up Docs? This is my first pair and it feels tricky. If I lace them up tight I can't get my foot in. If I lace them up loose I get my foot in, but then it's only tight on the top when I tie it up.

Do I really need to lace the entire boot up again when I put them on? Is there a certain way to do it? Do I lace it up with bars or crosses?

Sucks to be a bootpleb but I have no idea.

>> No.8094122

This website may solve your problem. fieggen.com/shoelace/lacingmethods.htm

>> No.8094140

I use normal criss cross but don't lace the last three eyelets. then pass the laces behind the ankle before tying the knot to keep it short

>> No.8094149

>>8094140

So avoiding the last few eyelets might help. I wasn't sure if this was a no-no.

>> No.8094223

>>8094149
I don't know if it's a nono
all I know is that way the laces remain uniformly tight throughout the length and you have a little more foot mobility. if you don't need a lot of ankle support (i.e. not using it for hiking or working) they're even more comfy that way

>> No.8095468

What I do is pull the string through the bottom two eyelets so that you have a horizontal line going on the bottom of the boot. Then get the lace so that the right end is a bit more than twice as long as the left. Take the short lace, run it up inside the length of the side it's on, put it through the eyelet, and you done with the short side. On the long side, lace it though like you would normally. Tie the boot. Presto, you have footwear.

>> No.8095482

I lace them all the way up when I wear mine.

It takes maybe 2 minutes, OP. Not that big of a deal.

>> No.8096145
File: 257 KB, 530x745, 1395960956314.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>8094111

I wear 1490s, and after some trial and error, I found the Hiking/Biking method to be the best way of lacing them. It's interesting looking, easy to adjust, and fits looser around the ankle than the foot. It makes the boot kind of 'flare out' at the top if you loosen it, whilst retaining security around the foot.

I prefer a 'bulkier', more relaxed and floppy look to my boots as I'm a pretty big guy (4u) so fully laced docs can look tryhard or make me seem topheavy.

http://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/hikingbikinglacing.htm

Here you go, do this, leave the top couple of eyelets free, I pass the laces around the back, but I don't think that would work on a shorter boot. This method certainly makes for an interesting silhouette.

>> No.8096155

i lace mine up all the way, bar laced