[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/fa/ - Fashion

View post   

File: 104 KB, 500x789, 136007632--1621395678218492781.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
8046968 No.8046968 [Reply] [Original]

How many of you were bullied/losers in high school?

Are you trying to prevent that from happening again by buying expensive clothing?

>> No.8047076

no, no

>> No.8047073

yes

>> No.8047082

>>8046968
this kind of thread is the equivalent to the hipster threads on /mu/. just uninformed losers from other boards that make blind assumptions without spending more than a minute here out of pure boredom.

>> No.8047096

>>8046968
Hangout with now pro-am mma fighters, and autoshop dudes

My last year of high school was late start, video editing, autoshop, early release.

So I spent 4 hours at school everyday including lunch which was an hour long

This was pre-high school exit exam I'm sure they have kids locked down until like 5pm nowadays

21 jump street perfect example of back then school to now

>> No.8047104

no, yes

>> No.8047108

>being a beta

>> No.8047115

>>8047096
I also took the ASvap to skip a day of classes one day. Big mistake air force kept spamming the shit out of my mailbox, up until i graduated college...then the army sent a bunch of shit about their ocs bullshit

Yeah like I'm going to waste 4 years of my life working less than min wage, and 18 months in officer candidate school to scrub toilets and order 18 year old kids around

>> No.8047160

in high school i was the bully

i once had my gf ask a beta nerd out to homecoming just for fun. he showed up at her house to pick her up right as i was driving away with her. good times were had

>> No.8047168

Wouldn't the fact that I successful enough can now afford expensive clothes make me not a loser?

>> No.8047187

>freshman
>fairly good looking, not many friends, never talk in class
>get my first bully in PE, about a month into it I beat his ass
>notice this very cute, blonde rocker-ish girl
>sophomore
>officially good looking, skip most days to hang out with all male friends. don't talk to girls outside of texting
>get suspended for 3 fights that year (all wins), got into a few more (only lost 1 toward the end of the year)
>starting to become known
>start to go to ditch parties every day with girls. take second part of exit exam drunk, pass. Makeout with my first two girls the day after eachother
>hottest/most popular girl from middle school calls me by my name, smiles at me and compliments me on a fight
>walking in hallway, see rocker girl at her bottom locker, she awkwardly stands up, smiles and says hi
>smile and say hi back, playing it cool
>school year ends looking hopeful, but a bit bummed out because of a fight with a girl I liked
>that summer get grounded and sent away
>get sent to continuation school because of the skipping/grades, op out for independent study
>become hiki
>stay virgin
>now have FOMO, bipolar and feel like I'm owed what was stolen from me (a life)

>> No.8047198

Pretty sure Tom Cruise would have been popular in higshchool

>>8047115
>>8047096
Are you drunk or something
Get ahold of yourself

>> No.8047210

>>8047160
Disgusting.
In my High there weren't bullys, because It was not accepted by the fellow students. I and my friends always stood up for the people who needed it.

Nowadays I have a lot of friends from those times, good friends. I don't see the fun in making someone feel miserable.

>> No.8047257

Why do women insist on wearing such ridiculously tall heels? What is sexy about looking like an ogress?

>> No.8047259

I just did what I wanted, showed up drunk to my morning class every other day and passed all my tests with A's. People knew I could be a dick but liked me anyways. I used to skip classes to bang my now ex gf.

>> No.8047306

Yeah pretty much all through school

Made me feel like I had something wrong with me

Going to 7 diffrent schools and getting heavily bullied at every single one really makes u question yourself

>> No.8047317

I was a loser, but not bullied

>be me, goin into highschool
>sort of quiet but I still talked to a lot of people
>tall, handsome
>parents force me to go to catholic private highschool that all my other siblings went to
>at least I knew most of the kids there (all the catholic school kids were heading to that highschool)
>not really too fond of many of the kids there
>small student body (little more than 800 kids)
>very conforming mindset at that school, damn near everyone dressed the same, listened to the same shitty plebtastic music, etc.
>had many acquaintances and people I talked with but nobody I really tried to get to know too well or hang out with
>was hit on multiple times but the grills there were kind of terrible
>spent weekends going out and doing something a friend or two (my friends were losers too, but even they had more of a social life than me), sometimes just doing nothing and staying home
>never attended a single party, didn't really want to either
>didn't go to prom
>graduated last year like it was nothing lel

Shoulda gone to the public school...

Anyways OP, I buy nice clothing because I don't want to look like shit

>> No.8047340

>>8047306
Did you ever find out what was wrong with you?

>> No.8047346

>8th grade and new school, because of the school system
>kid in my class got bullied for looking funny
>Stood up for the kid, because I felt it was unfair since he was a pretty nice guy
>Bullies started to bully me because of this and I ended up in fights with them, etc.
>Went to very few parties, stayed mostly home except for school and soccer
>All my friends lived on the other side of the city
>Moved abroad and started on an international school
>Got many new friends there, went to bars and clubbing almost every weekend with them
>moved back after 2 years, still have contact with them
>Came back and decided to focus on school, going to some parties, getting laid once in a while

I've always dressed nice, because it's a part of the society I live in and I enjoy looking good. It was a lot of pressure on clothing while I grew up.

>> No.8047349

>>8047306
I don't think I have ever in my life seen real "bullying" and not just kids fucking around with each other. What the hell did they all even do to you?

>> No.8047352

I was pretty low-key in high school, had a few good friends but mostly kept to myself and my group of people. Glad i was never bullied though, and I never really saw bullying happen at my high school either.

>> No.8047366

I studied in 2nd best school in my city so bullying never went past occasional name calling. I still took it pretty hard. Looking back now I realise how lucky I actually am. If I've ended up in worse school my life would have been broken way before graduating.

>> No.8047371

Bullying doesn't really exist IMO

Allot of people who get bullied have personality issues

And rationalise normal teenage pot stirring as bullying

Example sieg

>> No.8047380

>>8047371
fuck off samson jesus christ

that is the shittiest fucking thing to say, It should surprise me, but its coming from you.

>> No.8047383

>>8047371

lmfao dumbest post I've read 2day

>> No.8047385

i went to a tiny catholic high school (less than 300 students) in a pretty rural area. most of my friends went to public school.

every1 thought i was either a super smart, loner kid or was a druggy pothead. the reality was somewhere in between. would smoke weed every morning on my 30 minute drive to school and would occasionally snort heroin between classes in the bathroom. skipped school often, went off campus for lunch, etc. still graduated 2nd in my class, won a bunch of academic awards and was accepted into an ivy league university.

i hung out with pretty much every1 at school, moreso the popular kids tho once they found out i could get them weed and booze on the EZ

i had a stutter, was a new kid, and still never bullied or socially ostracized. fite me

>> No.8047390

>>8047371
>Bullying doesn't really exist IMO
It exists. It just doesn't exist as its portrayed in movies and all that crap. I've watched a kid get handcuffed to a bus seat and the person who did it took the key when they got off at their stop. That kinda thing is funny when you know the person and you're on good terms with them. It's not funny when you are the person who gives them shit all the time. I mean, they were just dicks to him every day but that was probably the 1 incident that would make an impression on someone who wasn't there to see it on a daily basis. I wouldn't have been friends with that kid because he had greasy hair and a boring personality but why would I bully him? Because I need constant stimulation and being an asshole is the easiest way to expend my extra energy? I just don't entertain myself by picking on other people for dumb stuff.

>Allot of people who get bullied have personality issues
A lot of people who are constantly dicks to people have personality issues.

>And rationalise normal teenage pot stirring as bullying
A lot of people rationalize sociopathic behavior as "kids being kids".

>Example sieg
Be specific.

>> No.8047396

>>8047380
Nah but really it's a certain type of person who gets bullied

And it has nothin to do with being a nerd or ugly

Almost all bully victims have personality issues a weak sense of humour and highly sensitive while still having the confidence to be loud and voice ignorance

Example sieg

>> No.8047406

>>8047396
>while still having the confidence to be loud and voice ignorance
This I haven't noticed. That is the "bully victims" I've seen weren't loud so I don't know whether or not they were ignorant.

>Example sieg
Sieg is more of a bully than a "bully victim". Wouldn't be surprised if he was bullied before and now takes out his insecurities on everyone else but you get my point.

>> No.8047403

I never really saw bullying in the classic sense in my high school; by that I mean there wasn't much locker-slamming or physical contact. Most of the hurtful stuff was very subtle and indirect, which is just typical in a social environment, particularly high school.

Then again I was among the AP/honors kids in my large public high school (graduating class had nearly 800 students), but I still can't recall seeing one kid being treated unfairly. I think bullying is a lot of media hype over isolated events.

>> No.8047503

>>8046968
probably

>> No.8047527

I was bully.

Felt good man. Also was popular as fuck, like class always listened to me and did what I said, I dont know how that even started, but it was like this. I was making fun of like 90% of the class on constant basis, and yet they treated me like a king (damn, u made me remember my first gf, korean qt ;_; too bad life separated us). Wasn't 'bully' though, didn't let myself to just abuse my strength, physical or social, for fun. Later, like in grade 7-8, went to an all men boarding school, was bully, got in fights like every fucking day, then eventually calmed down and found a good circle of friends.

>> No.8047531
File: 744 KB, 245x300, 1395639062743.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Im not like most of /fa/, and I don't care about skinny jeans and assless chaps that cost $300 a pop.

When I was in school, the only counter to a bully was showing you're better than them. Beat the shit out of them if you will. Little coddled hipster fucks on /fa/ would go cry in a corner with their starbucks latte. I'm no normalfag, and I try to look good but I have no qualms in buying an off-brand shirt if it fits well and looks good.

>> No.8047543

Just a loser.

I love my mom but sometimes I wonder living with her my whole life made such a coward .

>> No.8047547

>>8047527
> I was bully
>wasn't 'bully' though

I think all of your bullying might have done something to your brain

>> No.8047557

>>8047547
No, you being bullied, probably not in a direct physical way, made something to your brain. Was I bully? Yes. Was I bully at one specific time of my life out of two I mentioned there? No. Suck dick, get bullied, live miserable life, gfless scum.

>> No.8047565

i was a loser in elementary school and a pushover in middle school

i blame video games

>> No.8047572

>>8047557
If this isn't projecting, then I don't know what is.
>inb4 pleb entry-level psych

>> No.8047578

>>8046968
In middle school, yeah - then got to high school thoroughly disinterested in being friends with my peers or interacting outside what was necessary

Naturally this made the bunch of impressionable teens want to be friends more than anything

>> No.8047590

>>8047572
Nice entry level 1100 level psych :~)
>everything bad towards me is just them projecting ;_; r-r-right, m-mommy? yes I want some warm milk mommy

>> No.8047593

Yes/no

>> No.8047603

Bullyings upsetting

I'm glad I was never bullyied

>> No.8047611

>>8047603
where are u from, one of many samsons?
youre englando so bad

>> No.8047620

>>8047611
U w0t m8

>> No.8047632
File: 95 KB, 650x866, qdHRuSB.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

The ones who were bullied a lot usually end up going down the same route for the rest of their lives: Always at the bottom, always taking the shit and being disrespected.
The bad parts of bullying is that it targets people who aren't powerful, but aren't causing problems either.
Bullying is a "morally" weak, yet very effective way to assert power, by seeking out a way to demonstrate it.

The "bad" kind of bullying is when you give someone shit when he didn't do anything to you first. For example, making fun of special ed kids for being "retarded." A bully will go after a weak person because he's easy. Going after someone who is causing problems for you, or the group in general is much different, though could still be considered bullying.

Psychology behind common social hierarchy tends to align with what this poster said:
>>8047527

I was never a bully, and to be honest, I was the lame who would stand up to the victims, tell the bullies to "fuck off" etc. I never got bullied, but that was probably because I was too funny and self-depreciative to be effected by it. Anybody who would have wanted to talk shit about me couldn't, because I already had and nobody did anything physical, because I guess I just slid by - not too weak, but not strong enough to seem like a challenge. When I was younger I was a pretty positive person, and interested in everyone. In high school I was able to associate with all groups, for several reasons, so nobody ever gave me shit either. Most problems I've had were guys pissed off that girls liked me and not them. That still happens today.

My biggest social problem has been the fact that I want to be interdependent with people, but everyone always wants to take the glory and feed their ego. I want the best for everybody.

Most people who make a point to do the "right thing" do it because they expect to be rewarded for it in some way. That is how it always will be, but it's still stupid.

>> No.8047656

In middle school, I was given a lot of crap for being mixed race.

>> No.8047661

>>8047257

kek, manlet detected, if you were tall it wouldn't matter, especially because they'd still be short relative to you. the average woman in heels is still less than the height of the average man.

>> No.8047667

>>8047257
hiding their insecurity

>> No.8047682

>>8047656
what the fuck
where are you from? what social class? what races are you?

>> No.8047687

>>8047667
They wear them because they're trendy. People like you, on the other hand, really do insist women shouldn't wear those heels because of your own insecurities.

>> No.8047711

>>8047687
>trendy
no they wear them because it raises their sexual market value (SMV) by giving them the illusion of better legs/ass and sexier posture

you dumb m8

>> No.8047728

>>8047711
>sexual market value (SMV)

nice term. did u come up with it by urself?

>> No.8047744

>>8047711
Pick your battles, young pimp.

>> No.8047769

>have no friends throughout high school
>move away to small town for uni
>make friends instantly
>become more and more popular
>so happy that I actually have people noticing me
>not used to the lifestyle of partying and balancing with school
>fail out of school

fugg

>> No.8047779

>>8047711
You don't need a 2 inch platform to raise your "SMV". Super high heels are worn for trends, not for sex appeal. Return to /r9k/.

>> No.8047784

>>8047744
>young pimp
Yes, parroting zealous bloggers and tripfags out of insecurity and anger is being a pimp. Ignore the fact that none of these women he's whining about would have anything to do with him IRL or online for that matter.

>> No.8047797

>>8047656
>mixed race
Kill yourself, creep.

>> No.8047799

>>8047784
Someone is starting to sound bitter and mad.
I called him a young pimp just because it's a cool thing to say and rappers say it. It's like calling someone a nigga. they aren't actually black, it's just a friendly thing to say.

btw, a man being aware of a woman's SMV only gives him an advantage in the dating game.
you can be mad and hate, but i told him to pick his battles because people like you are eager to get mad.

there is a time and place to share cool wisdom, and this thread isn't. and ps, high heels are trendy AND are often worn because it makes women appear sexier.
yes, "sexiness" is obviously a matter of opinion, but still.

>> No.8047824

>>8047799
>Someone is starting to sound bitter and mad.
are you saying they are or was that just setting the tone for your whole bitter and mad post

>> No.8047853

>>8047824
I'm saying the person mad about using the term "SMV" is mad, but realistically, the person who originally used the term ITT MAY have been bitter as well. Even still, there is truth in the "theory" of SMV, and i understand why people like to claim it comes from "bitterness" but that's sort of irrelevant.

>> No.8047861
File: 2.02 MB, 264x197, iZcuxSZ6yAvtb.gif [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Similar story here

>tfw waiting for academic suspension to end so I can reenrol

>> No.8048350

WTF actually if Cohnor !!qblBZSgYzBX got bullied then what hope does the world have

That nigga is to gentle to get bullyied

>> No.8048388

>>8047799
Why are you trying to be black?
Aren't you from rural south carlolina?

I don't even talk that way and I live in one of the 2 places that actually matter in the us

>> No.8048397

>>8048388
You're overweight though dog

>> No.8048405

>How many of you were bullied/losers in high school?
yup, tbh i'd call myself a loser now too, but i have not been bullied for years.

>Are you trying to prevent that from happening again by buying expensive clothing?
no, first of all i dont buy that expensive stuff and my intrest in design was rooted way before i realised that i suck and that people are mean. :-)

>> No.8048484

I was a loser and being a late bloomer didn't help.
When I left school at 15 (UK) I was a 5'5" babyface, voice still hadn't broke and I had and I had a tiny dick which a bunch of people saw in P.E when I got pantsed that one time. Bad times.

I'm now 20 and 6'0", pretty good looking and have a 7.5" willy. u wot m8s. As for the clothes I buy them because I want to make the most of what I have now, a good fit makes me feel even better than I currently do.

>> No.8048490

>>8046968
I skated in high school. I wasn't bullied, but I spent most of my time at the skate park and smoking weed. I guess I could have been a loser, but I had a lot of friends.

I don't really buy expensive clothing now, but I try to dress better than I did.

>> No.8048501

>>8048388
LA matters the same way terrorism matters: it's gay.

Screencap this

>> No.8048878

>Was way cooler than everyone else
>this was not hard in rural wisconsin

Wisconsin confirmed for least interesting, attractive, and exciting place ever

>> No.8048907

I've been 6'1 since seventh grade, when everyone thought I'd be like 6'7 by the time I graduated. I'm glad I haven't grown since then, it's hard as fuck finding 30x34 pants as it is.

Wait, is this relevant?

>> No.8048922

>>8046968
>were
>implying they aren't still in highschool

>> No.8049025

I was so fucking weird in middle school.

I hated my parents, had embarassingly terribly hygeine, and I was loud and obnoxious. I was probably the lowest 1% in terms of coolness.

On the other hand I did well academically and made hundreds by buying / selling / fixing shit. PSP custom firmware (back when you needed a Pandora's Battery), jailbreaking iPhones, fixing and painting paintball guns. I used to make weapon attachments our of Legos and laser pointers and put them on a $5 airsoft gun and then sell it for $70 when I got bored of it. White people loved that shit.

On Fridays we'd go to the self-checkout at HEB and cop lighters, flammable liquids, candy, and Visa gift cards. Then we'd pick the lock on the adjacent apartment's tennis court and play until the administrative asshole kicked us off (nobody else ever used it). Then we'd light random shit on fire, attach model rocket engines to stuffed animals, think of new scams, etc. Every night pray my dad doesn't find my stash of airsoft guns. #thuglyfe

>> No.8049076

Slightly bullied in elementary school because me and my 3 best friends all liked Yu-Gi-Oh and Beyblades. I was the "leader" of the group, so I developed a superhero complex from that point on, always protecting and fighting back for my friends.

High school was socially awkward. I had self-image issues all the way to grade 10ish and never learned how to make new friends naturally. But luckily most of my elementary school friends crossed over, that's who I hung on too. Never went to parties or dances. Extremely quiet, just played basketball during lunch time. Became known as the math genius because I skipped a grade above in math. In Grade 11&12, made the basketball team, grew tall-ish, got better looking and acne cleared up, still extremely awkward but girls were crushing on me and giving me the eyes.

Fashion had no part in this at all because we all wore uniforms anyway. Ever since university I've been experimenting with fashion and wanting to look good. Just feels like I'm improving myself somehow.

>> No.8049129

i guess I was "bullied" in that people talked shit to me but I always said shit back. I was never physically threatened by anyone if that's what you mean. I was really only tight with maybe 3 or 4 other people but I was well liked by the majority of my classmates. There were just a few assholes that didn't like me for some reason.