[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/fa/ - Fashion

View post   

File: 45 KB, 294x590, 20140314_020654.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7938097 No.7938097 [Reply] [Original]

Hi /fa/, I'm pretty new here, been lurking for a solid week.

I started visiting this board and /fit/ once I realized that I had low confidence not only because I'm not in shape, but because I dress like a middle aged man in a mid-life crisis. I came here, and I really like how you guys dress. I did a lot of research and found out that my body type doesn't really look that great in a lot of the clothes you guys wear, even though it looks great on you guys, I just feel like I'm hopelessly admiring.

I'm pretty short, and at the moment I'm overweight but I've lost about 20 lbs and still losing weight. I want to dress well, but right now I need something to wear for my current body shape, I'm a little impatient.

pic related, am i hopeless at this stage, should I just worry about losing more weight before I even think about looking for nice clothes, or is there anything I can do with myself? thanks.

>> No.7938112

Grow a beard and get a hitler youth like action bronson and then just get basics for while u shed

>> No.7938116

>>7938112
I do look pretty good with a beard but only because it hides my double chin. I wouldn't even be able to get a hitler youth my hair is too thick.

>> No.7938123

wait until the clothes you have now dont fit you well enough to wear outside (if they even do now), then replace article by article

>> No.7938128

>>7938123
this but replace with things that are cheap if you plan on losing a lot of weight

should be good motivation to lose weight AND dress well

>> No.7938132

Don't drop to much $$$ if you know ure gonna grow/slim out of it man. It will lonely lead to regret, I suggest just get basic t-shirts and sweater or so, something you can wear while losing weight and once at your ideal body that's when you try to look nice. Depending on what country you're from, just get Levi's or some other pair of jeans. Get a slim fit until you're happy and just get a basic shoe for the mean time homie. Hope this helped

tl;dr get basic shit while cutting, don't even try to be /fa/ if you're losing weight as it will lead to regret

>> No.7938135
File: 77 KB, 500x446, RXCK_STVR.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7938116
Then maybe cut the action part, and just go for the Bronson.

>> No.7938141

My nigga got a tire on his waist

All that fat stored on your stomach is a sign of high testosterone

The higher you test levels the more fat you store in that area

And also the fact your arms are so skinny compared to your body is due to low esterogen levels

>> No.7938158

>>7938123
that's the problem, I don't like anything I wear. I just feel like I look bad in everything, the shirt in pic related is something I wear commonly and I'm so insecure about my weight that I never take my jacket off when I'm indoors, even though I know I probably look as fat with the jacket on anyway.

>>7938132
yeah I don't want to buy that many clothes, I just need something to wear this weekend. I'm at 260 so I do need to lose a lot of weight. Thanks for the advice, it helped a lot I'm going to try to shop around tomorrow.

>> No.7938184
File: 46 KB, 400x520, Alber Elbaz.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

keep it simple. i know youre not as fat as alber, but you can see he clearly pays attention to his silhouette. aim for this

>> No.7938186

>>7938141
Way to encourage skinny-fat pot bellied faggots into thinking they're alpha males.

>> No.7938195

>>7938186
trust me, i didn't get any sort of compliment or encouragement from his comment. i'll keep losing weight, i hate the way i look don't worry.

>> No.7938197

>>7938184
to add: if youre planning on slimming down/want to make a huge difference to your wardrobe - shoes are a good investment.

>> No.7938202

>>7938141
All that fat stored on your stomach is a sign of higher chance of heart disease

you're welcome

>arms are so skinny compared to your body

That's relatively common in thyroid body types.

He needs to lose weight.

>> No.7938211

>>7938195
I wasn't talking about you tbh you look pretty manly. Was aimed more towards the general effay demographic, and I wasn't being serious anyway.

But yeah still keep on trying to lose make. You'll make it anon, we're all going to make it.

>> No.7938215

>>7938202
What do you mean by thyroid body types

>> No.7938227

>>7938211
Thanks man, I'm feeling very motivated. Especially considering I'll be able to wear a lot more/better clothes once I reach my goal.

>> No.7938260

>>7938227
Good for you man. Hope you succeed in your goals. Buying nice denim is how most start their /fa/ journey. But you're right, you need to lose the weight in your midsection before you can improve your look significantly. Good luck.

>> No.7938336

bump

>> No.7938379

Start out with shoes, your feet won't change.
That will already take out a considerable amount of money out of your pocket and it's a 'big' piece, that will fulfill your shopping lust.

If that's not enough stick to the basics. Plain Ts, a plain sweatshirt, a plain shirt and some jeans. Everything cheap. I don't know your financial situation or anything, but HM would be a good place to start. Also, visit thrift stores. The shit you can find there, you wouldn't believe. Just spend some time there, become a regular. Costs nothing and you will further improve your taste by examining so many clothes.

Keep lurking, to figure out what style you're into ( unless by admiring us you meant gothininja. don't even start on that shit until you get more fit)

>> No.7938389

>>7938158

don't worry man, you're gonna make it, and gonna look sick when you do. Just don't splurge untill you're happy man. basic attire is your best friend right now. Also sweatshirts/hoodies hide fat very nicely, so if you're self-conscious give those a shot, they can look nice as well.

>> No.7938390

>>7938097

>>>/fit/

Lose some weight first before you start investing too much in clothes you won't be able to wear any more after a few months.

Cop some nice shoes and some jeans (something cheap like Levi's should be fine in the meantime) and some plain tees and button ups.

>> No.7938394

>>7938379
thanks, I'll go to a thrift store tomorrow, look for some good shirts to wear. I also need some pants but I think I'll look for something basic based on what I've read in the sticky.
>>7938389
I was thinking the same thing, I think I'll look for some nice sweaters for now. I'm just looking for 2 outfits for this weekend. Not looking to change my whole wardrobe since I have a lot of weight to lose still.

>> No.7938401

>>7938394
I really like your attitude, first time I've seen someone who you didn't have to convince to lose weight before investing too much in clothes! Keep going dude!

>> No.7938403

>>7938379
by the way I've been lurking all night today and looking for shit online. the style I'm into most at the moment doesn't really fit with my body shape at the moment, but that just gives me more motivation to lose weight I guess.

>>7938390
Yeah I know, just looking for advice so I can shop around for 2 good outfits this weekend. I know buying a shit ton of clothes now would be really stupid.

Should I get some sort of loose fitting sweater or something? I look pretty bad in just a tee shirt.

>> No.7938411

>>7938401
thanks!

>> No.7938787

last bump, just in case there is more advice from a helpful anon

>> No.7938800

If i were you id go for cheap basics(maybe uniqlo) until youve reached your desired weight than focus on getting more "nice" pieces and slowly building up a wardrobe your comfortable with. Dont forget that your style will probably change over the years so before really knowing in what direction you are going to go keep it simple.

>> No.7938814

>>7938800
good advice. I just want to have a few good outfits to wear every few weekends. I'll definitely wait until I get to my goal weight before I start spending a lot of money on clothes.

>> No.7938845

>>7938814
You can look good in cheap clothes aswell.
But please dont buy into full gothninja asap. I did that mistake(more of budget ninja) and nowadays it really isnt the astethic i want to have. So i really regret copping alot of stuff. As mentioned: keep it simple is the golden rule in the beginning.

>> No.7938911

>>7938845
well that look isn't something I want to get into at all just yet I don't think. And after reading the sticky and related links, I know I need to just keep it simple and in "my level" for now. Just looking for advice on specific fits for me right now I guess.

>> No.7938993

To people saying that losing weight doesn't change your feet, it's common to lose up to an entire size worth of foot fat, I went from 13 at 300 lbs to 12 at 200 (at 6'2)Take that into consideration too OP

>> No.7939008

>>7938911
just wear plain shit until you get taste it's not that hard tbh

>> No.7939013

>>7938993
black sweats, white nike af1 mid shoes, white t shirt with navy blue shirt or white t shirt with plain colour sweatshirt

>> No.7939033

>>7938911
black sweats, white nike af1 mid shoes, white t shirt with navy blue shirt or white t shirt with plain colour sweatshirt. replied to the wrong person sorry

>> No.7939239

>>7938215
http://bodytypes.com/body_type_system/Thyroid_Type.html

New age bullshit. You'll find shit like this is written similarly to horoscopes.