[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/fa/ - Fashion

View post   

File: 188 KB, 768x958, FRYE-LOGO-blk-SMALL-1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7814882 No.7814882[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

what does /fa/ think of frye shoes & boots?

how do they size?

>> No.7814927

wow they copied the logo from fallen footwork...how unique and creative

>> No.7815009

Used to work at a local leather / boot shop for a minute, we stocked Frye boots. The leather quality is honestly pretty good, but there is a lot of pre-distressed models that can quickly look pretty lame.

The price is my only real issue, I find them to be pretty overpriced for what they are - but on sale they seem worth it.

>>7814927
Not sure if bait, but I think that logo predates 2000 - when Fallen was established. They do look very similar though, but that's probably just two uncreative individuals thinking they were doing something unique with two F's.

>> No.7815013
File: 291 KB, 598x749, 238.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7815009
thanks for the response

wasn't looking into their pre-distressed look, was looking into these
>pic related

do you happen to know how they size?

>> No.7815078

>>7815013
Generally seemed to fit true to size, though a lot of customers had pretty vague ideas of what their size was. They fit narrow I think, but every time we would be doing leather care for a pair people would talk about them stretching and being surprisingly comfortable compared to how they started - usually asking if our service would make them otherwise.

I never bought a pair because my boss wouldn't give me a discount, but the pairs I tried on felt pretty stiff - but that's really a lot of boots, especially ones with heritage backgrounds.

>> No.7815082

Oh also they all have two year warranties, so that's always nice.

>> No.7817578
File: 203 KB, 513x262, frye.png [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7815013
this bothers me so much

also I haven't been terribly impressed with the frye boots I've seen

>> No.7817581

>>7817578

Meh. It's always available on sale at outlet stores or at places like DSW. I can see the appeal if you want a sturdy beater.

>> No.7817596

>>7814927
nice troll

>> No.7817619

I have a pair of their Arkansas boots. I've worn them for 4 years, and so far they have help up pretty well. In terms of quality, I would rate these boots a few notches above regular line Doc Martens, and several notches below Red Wing boots. Hopefully this should explain the quality of Frye boots to /fa/.

I honestly expect them to last a few more years. At that I know how to take care of leather goods, so it's not like I'm ruining the hell out of these. As somebody already said, the leather quality is good, and overall they make good beater footwear.