[ 3 / biz / cgl / ck / diy / fa / ic / jp / lit / sci / vr / vt ] [ index / top / reports ] [ become a patron ] [ status ]
2023-11: Warosu is now out of extended maintenance.

/fa/ - Fashion

View post   

File: 70 KB, 812x770, 1390088423777.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]
7744289 No.7744289[DELETED]  [Reply] [Original]

Black T-Shirt (AA)
White T-Shirt (AA)
Grey T-Shirt (AA)
Cream T-Shirt (AA)
Black Long Sleeve T (Wang)
White Long Sleeve T (Wang)
Black Tank/Muscle T (???)
Grey Tank/Muscle T (???)
White Oxford Shirt (Uniqlo)
Blue (?) Oxford Shirt (Uniqlo)
Black Zip Hoodie (Reigning Champ)
Black Long Cardigan (H&M)
Black Bomber (Asos)
Black Denim (Acne?)
Black Cropped Chinos (AllSaints?)
Black Skinny Cargos or Zespy Track Pants or CroppedDress Pants (???)
Black Sweatshorts (Reigning Champ)
Grey Sweatshorts (Reigning Champ)
Black Running Leggings (I actually run tho)
Black/White Sneakers (Roshe or ZX Flux)
Navy Trainers (New Balance)
White Low Tops/CP Knockoffs (???)
Black Dress Shoe/Low Boot (Dr Marten 1461)

Rate, comment, and subscribe.
Do you love it, hate it, why?
What should I cop instead?
Fanthony Plebano
Forever.

>> No.7744308

>>7744289
rc hoodie, acne jeans, zespys, nbs, docs are the only thing id consider off of this

maybe t by wang but i havent handled any so idk

>> No.7744324

>still wearing monochrome

>> No.7744333

You're gonna hate when you have no color in your wardrobe in a few years

>> No.7744342

>not wearing exclusively raf simons and rick owens

>> No.7744388

>>7744308

Any suggestions, trunks?

Sorry. I should've clarified. I just got into /fa/ a couple months ago and I just lost 80 lbs. This is meant to just be a starting wardrobe that I'll add pieces to as I learn more about fashion/find my own personal style (hence why there's a lot of cheap shit like AA, H&M, etc...well, I mean, it's all relatively cheap, but still)

tl;dr - I need suggestions for a goof-lite capsule wardrobe that I cam wear for the summer.

>> No.7744405
File: 79 KB, 432x578, YwyC6ub.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Dressed by the internet concept
Also this >>7744324
Get some more greys, navy, beige and light blues in there
Less black
Black is boring
More white

>> No.7744404

>>7744388
yeah thats actually not bad then, just dont spend too much money on it cause youll prob view it as "wasted" later and most of this shit is too cheap to resell

still though you could slim down this list by 3/4, probably start with some better quality used shit that you can still wear later when you buy cooler stuff (used silent tees, used cps, used drkshdw jeans, etc.)

>> No.7744431

>>7744289
>years
t wang shit is dodgy as fuck
H&M shit is better

silent's first run of shirting was god tier, even stylezeitgest was behind it organic cotton, fucking awesome quality

then the second run used inferior materials, and changed label

sz dropped that shit faster than people dropped RAF by raf simons

i had one of the orig run ones

but you dudes have to remember that shit was $120-150 when it came out rather than the $45 on sale they have today

everything else on your list is fast fashion BS

ihavent touched anything from those brands in nearly 4 years

>> No.7744437

>>7744404

I am actually thinking of copping a designer piece or two second hand A) Just to experiment and B) To reward myself for losing a shit ton of weight. I just don't know what to cop.

>>7744405

Thanks for the suggestions. If you had to alter/add anything to this list in terms of pieces/colors, what would it be?

Also, thanks to anyone who can chime in with anything I might be missing. Again, I'm just looking at shit to wear for spring/summer.

>> No.7744446

if you spend a hundred on a full retial tee you might as well burn it up your nose or arm.

better to buy some gi's

>> No.7744445

Also, does anyone recommend shirts from Void? I'm not even sure how to wear them (is it fine to wear them by themselves without layering?)

>> No.7744469
File: 37 KB, 599x799, DSC03380-1.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7744437
Get rid of everything
Buy a pair of white sneakers
Buy a pair of black derbies
Buy a bunch of white tees (if you're more muscled, go navy if you're not) x 3/4
Couple of shirts (blue or white oxford is hard to fuck up) x 3/4
Some polos if you're more prep
Buy some decent shorts and trousers [cropped] (navy, khaki, grey [light and dark]) x 3/4
Maybe a waterproof jacket, if necessary

Then spend your time learning more about fashion, going to places and trying on clothes, putting together your own unique and cohesive style. And keep working out.
Congrats on the weight loss man, and best of luck in going forwards

>> No.7744473
File: 97 KB, 425x640, 1390254503436.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

>>7744324
this
like if you get good pieces and have good sense for putting fits together it can look good but the whole "lol white tee black tapered sweats white achilles" thing is so fucking played out and shitty looking

>> No.7744485

what you need for casual summer clothes

a couple pairs of chino shorts in blue or khaki or whatever from like j crew or uniqlo or aa or anywhere
gray/black/white/blue t shirts from qlo or james perse
oxford shirts from wherever
a couple crew neck sweatshirts and hoodies reigning champ is fine
a light raincoat or windbreaker maybe
cool low top sneakers

>> No.7744486
File: 43 KB, 600x420, 1zyi3b.jpg [View same] [iqdb] [saucenao] [google]

Don't buy a shit load of clothes all at once.

There is no shortcut to dressing well, it's pure process of elimination. You try stuff and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. You're never going to know what looks good on you and makes you feel good until you try. As all this is happening you're constantly exposed to new ideas and concepts and your taste develops and evolves.

Think of it like this, when you're a kid you wouldn't buy a shit load of clothes all at once because you're going to physically grow out of everything you buy within a year or less. As an adult that's started to care about fashion it's the exact same story, only instead of physically growing out of stuff you're going to mentally grow out of it.

Start with a skeleton wardrobe and buy pieces one at a time, like a purchase a month at most.

You want another analogy, what you're doing is like going into a video game and deciding your max level build before you've even played the game. You have your stratagy guide out and you're picking all the spells you're going to learn and all the armour you're going to get and all the stat points you're going to spend and you haven't even played the first level. If you lock in all that shit now it's almost a guarantee you're going to end up with a shitty gimped character. You actually need to play the game and learn all the mechanics before you understand which spells you're going to want to get and what equipment you're going to want to grind for and where you want to spend your stat points.

I seriously started with one pair of jeans, one stack of hanes tees, one pair of sneakers, and one zip up hoody. Cut the amount of shit you're buying in half if not more.

>> No.7744512

>>7744437
drkshdw jeans are a great cop, ive seen black leather detailed ones for 80, i got black waxed ones for 75. theres a ton of relaxed fit blue slab ones on ebay for 50 but those will prob be hard to pull off. just be aware of what cut youre getting, check the measurements/size down 1. super easy to pull off, theyre pretty much like regular high quality jeans with 1 or 2 cool details

tees are another one, tbh i wouldnt recommend most rick tees to start off with, the cheapest ones are usually the really tight sheer unstable cotton ones, way better for layering than wearing alone. just do a lil research on some different brands and keep your eyes peeled, ill link you a few cheap ones that im looking at but prob wont buy

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271370366171?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321317013468?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:VRI&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2661

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321316662210?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:VRI&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2661

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261389210681?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171236196969?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:VRI&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2661

u can get beat up cps for 100-150, u prob wont end up wearing them much once u get cool designer sneaks but they still make good beaters. u can get some dope silent and raf sneaks at the same price as well.

>> No.7744514

>>7744469
Oh and what >>7744486 says is completely true, good advice S
You could switch one pair of navy trousers out for jeans, for sure
So like, two pairs of shorts, one pair of grey pants one pair of jeans
3 tees and 3 shirts
One pair black derbies, one pair white sneakers
You'll be hard pressed to do something more simple than that as a starting platform while looking presentable

>> No.7744533

OP here. I'm about to go cook dinner so I don't have time to reply to everyone, but thanks for the help so far.

>> No.7744565

>>7744289
as others said before you dont need 90% of this stuff.
start off with a couple good quantity cops that will be the center of your waredore. spend more on shoes/jacket. derbies and a parka are good choices.